If the New Covenant is not what The Lord has done for me, that I could never do for myself, I do not know what it is. I am helpless to save myself. I only know to be grateful to Jesus Christ. This is all I can do.
How do I break the Covenant? I can only be grateful. I do not have correct words to explain what that is like. But if there is something I must do in the New Covenant to save myself, I do not know what it is.
Leviticus 26:14-16 (KJV)
[SUP]14 [/SUP]But if ye will not hearken unto me, and will not do all these commandments;
[SUP]15 [/SUP]And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant:
[SUP]16 [/SUP]I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.
Zechariah 11:9-10 (KJV)
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Then said I, I will not feed you: that that dieth, let it die; and that that is to be cut off, let it be cut off; and let the rest eat every one the flesh of another.
[SUP]10 [/SUP]And I took my staff, even Beauty, and cut it asunder, that I might break my covenant which I had made with all the people.
commandments= Strong's 4687 "mitsvah"
The mighty shedding of blood that enables one to be in God's presence when we chase after its security by continuing to reach out for the truth. That is the essence of loving God with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength.
The "commandments" are to daily be reformation in our heart through the instructions of the originator of covenant, and by pursuing the changes it causes when we are sincere.
This is directed by the faith given to us that contains hope, being joined to our Father through Christ, our High Priest, receiving the understanding of the allegorical temple, and ordinances of old with its offerings and sacrifices, and then applying those to our lives today.
It is to desire the instructions God gives freely since the beginning, searching diligently with all your heart the spiritual meaning of temple worship as it was then, and endeavoring to exact the same offerings and sacrifice in Spirit, because our bodies are now the temple.
John 2:18-21 (KJV)
[SUP]18 [/SUP]Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
[SUP]19 [/SUP]Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
[SUP]21 [/SUP]But he spake of the temple of his body.
1 Corinthians 3:16-20 (KJV)
[SUP]16 [/SUP]Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
[SUP]17 [/SUP]If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
[SUP]19 [/SUP]For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
Psalm 94:11-12 (KJV)
[SUP]11 [/SUP]The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law;
Neglect and apathy of these things we are exhorted to pursue will eventually "break covenant" with God if we have no desire to grow, and be daily transformed.
If we have the attitude of "it's all been done in my life, and its all in the past," that propagates an attitude of disconnect, and we are not in God's will.
In temple worship, salt was to be incorporated with all offerings of meat.
Leviticus 2:13 (KJV)
[SUP]13 [/SUP]And every oblation of thy meat offering shalt thou season with salt; neither shalt thou suffer the salt of the covenant of thy God to be lacking from thy meat offering: with all thine offerings thou shalt offer salt.
Matthew 5:13 (KJV)
[SUP]13 [/SUP]Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
If we we think we are justified by doing this or that without this "covenant" that includes faith, we are also out of God's will.
Romans 12:1-2 (KJV)
[SUP]1 [/SUP]I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
[SUP]2 [/SUP]And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Romans 12, Verse 1 is the epitome of Temple worship that we are suppose to be engaged with. It's reasonable, as Paul said.
Last edited: