Calvinist Kitchen...stirring the pot

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Just want to clarify why the above is a false gospel. No person on this earth is a "child of God" prior to repentance and faith in the Gospel. This is what FGC is trying to say though, that they are a child of God. Already.

John 1:12 is clear on this that through believing we become the children of God "... to become the children of God, even to those who believe on his name" ("believe" present tense) though this salvation was not via decision or free will, blood line &c John 1:13. FGC also has those who do not believe in His name as children of God because "he can tell it's so" through mysticism and his false gospel.

The Gospel is not some temporary deliverance from the ills of this world. That is absolutely false.
Eph 2:5 - EVEN when we were DEAD (spiritually) in sins, hath he quickened (made spiritually alive and given the Holy spirit) us together with Christ. No spiritual believing before being made spiritually alive. If not so, then how do you interpret this verse?

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
The sad part is he is mocking those who have died spreading the gospel to people in remote areas. Look at what the Apostles went through to proclaim it. And he says it is not necessary.
The apostles were instructed to preach to the Lost sheep (if they are sheep they are already in the family of God) of the house of Israel (God changed Jacob's name to be called Israel) so, it is to Jacob's house, which represents God's elect. God did not instruct them to preach to the natural man that cannot understand spiritual things.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
1 Timothy 5:21 I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.
You are trying to make religious doctrine out of the use of a word that basically means chosen. Your reference in 1 Timothy to elect angels simply means chosen messengers. It has nothing to do with Christ referring to the elect in the gospels. :)

Mar 23, 2016
Eph 2:5 - EVEN when we were DEAD (spiritually) in sins, hath he quickened (made spiritually alive and given the Holy spirit) us together with Christ. No spiritual believing before being made spiritually alive. If not so, then how do you interpret this verse?
Eph 2:5 is not a standalone verse. We are to read God’s Word with discernment.

Eph 1:13 (and other verses in Scripture) clearly indicates we hear, then believe, then we are sealed with that holy Spirit of promise.

Your continued insistence that "hearing" and/or "believing" on the part of man constitutes "works" does not make it so.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
You are trying to make religious doctrine out of the use of a word that basically means chosen. Your reference in 1 Timothy to elect angels simply means chosen messengers. It has nothing to do with Christ referring to the elect in the gospels. :)
I am using this in regards to the meaning of the word elect. It never, ever means elect unto salvation. The word elect as used throughout the word refers to service, not salvation.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
"My people are lost sheep; their shepherds have led them astray, causing them to roam the mountains. They have wandered from mountain to hill; they have forgotten their resting place." Jeremiah 50:6

...yet, does not Romans 9:26/Hosea 1:10 [re: Israel] (contrasted with Romans 9:25/Hosea 2:23b re: the Gentiles) suggest that they were called "My people" and then called "Not My people," before they will again be called "My people" in the future? ("AND IT SHALL COME TO PASS, that in the place where it WAS SAID UNTO THEM, Ye are NOT My people; there shall they be called the children of the living God."--and note Romans 11:15, 25-28 in relation to this, "As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as concerning the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.")

[note Ezekiel 39:7's "My people Israel" and what will be "made known" in the midst of them]

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Eph 2:5 is not a standalone verse. We are to read God’s Word with discernment.

Eph 1:13 (and other verses in Scripture) clearly indicates we hear, then believe, then we are sealed with that holy Spirit of promise.

Your continued insistence that "hearing" and/or "believing" on the part of man constitutes "works" does not make it so.
If you make it a requirement for eternal life then it is by the works of man. I have already explained "the earnest of our inheritance" in Eph 1:13. We should include all of the scriptures when we are seeking the truth and not avoid any.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
"My people are lost sheep; their shepherds have led them astray, causing them to roam the mountains. They have wandered from mountain to hill; they have forgotten their resting place." Jeremiah 50:6

...yet, does not Romans 9:26/Hosea 1:10 [re: Israel] (contrasted with Romans 9:25/Hosea 2:23b re: the Gentiles) suggest that they were called "My people" and then called "Not My people," before they will again be called "My people" in the future? ("AND IT SHALL COME TO PASS, that in the place where it WAS SAID UNTO THEM, Ye are NOT My people; there shall they be called the children of the living God."--and note Romans 11:15, 25-28 in relation to this, "As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as concerning the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.")

[note Ezekiel 39:7's "My people Israel" and what will be "made known" in the midst of them]
This has reference to the grafting in of the Gentiles. No one lost their eternal salvation through this process. You do realize when the scriptures talk about Israel, it is talking about Jacob. God, in Geneses. changed Jacob's name to be called no more Jacob, but to be called Israel.

Mar 23, 2016
If you make it a requirement for eternal life then it is by the works of man. I have already explained "the earnest of our inheritance" in Eph 1:13. We should include all of the scriptures when we are seeking the truth and not avoid any.
How about you include the first part of Eph 1:13? Instead of focusing only on the earnest, then hopping over to Eph 2:5 to explain how the believer receives the earnest, which is poor workmanship on your part, just have faith that God means what He says and says what He means in Eph 1:13.

Ephesians 1:13-14 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

First hear
Then believe
Then sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession unto the praise of His glory.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
I am using this in regards to the meaning of the word elect. It never, ever means elect unto salvation. The word elect as used throughout the word refers to service, not salvation.
Elect refers to "a called out people". and they are the ones that God gave to his Son to die for. and all of those he died for will be in heaven because Jesus said he would not lose even one.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
How about you include the first part of Eph 1:13? Instead of focusing only on the earnest, then hopping over to Eph 2:5 to explain how the believer receives the earnest, which is poor workmanship on your part, just have faith that God means what He says and says what He means in Eph 1:13.

Ephesians 1:13-14 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

First hear
Then believe
Then sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession unto the praise of His glory.
First - regeneration Then; Believe Then; receive the earnest, down payment, of our inheritance.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Some of the best days had by Calvinists were back in 1692 in the little town of Salem, Massachusetts. I guess God predestined the murder of innocent girls by elect zealots.

Mar 23, 2016
First - regeneration Then; Believe Then; receive the earnest, down payment, of our inheritance.
Here is what you state in your post:

first — born again
then — believe
then — born again (receive the Holy Spirit of promise)
do you not see the error in your statement???

You are so indoctrinated with your dogma that you do not even comprehend the knot which needs to be untangled in order for you to simply believe what is written:

First hear
Then believe

Mar 23, 2016
Regeneration = Greek paliggenesía (from 3825 /pálin, "again" and 1078 /génesis, "birth, beginning") – properly, the coming of new birth because "born again"; regeneration.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Some of the best days had by Calvinists were back in 1692 in the little town of Salem, Massachusetts. I guess God predestined the murder of innocent girls by elect zealots.
It is interesting to note that the date of the Calvinistic London Baptist Confession was 1689. It is more or less a replica of the Westminster Confession of Faith. The other interesting thing to note is that originally Baptists and Anabaptists were not among the Reformed, and indeed they were hated by the Reformers.

Mar 28, 2016
What kind of service? That which is separate from salvation ? How would that work out? God is not served by human hands. It is God who works within His servants both to will and do His good pleasure. If it is God who performs that which he appoints to us. Why then service and not salvation? Why not both? After all he our confidence. He promises us if has begun the good work of salvation in us he will finish it to the end.

As many as he has elected to salvation they alone will come.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Elect refers to "a called out people". and they are the ones that God gave to his Son to die for. and all of those he died for will be in heaven because Jesus said he would not lose even one.
Not in Scripture it doesn't, just in Calvin's head. Can you show proof of Scripture with the term "elect"? Jesus Christ is God's elect. Is Jesus in need of salvation? What about the elect angels?

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
The other interesting thing to note is that originally Baptists and Anabaptists were not among the Reformed, and indeed they were hated by the Reformers.
They felt it was open season to burn our groups at the stake. The reformers, in this case, became the beast they were supposedly reforming.

Calvinists certainly have a rich history if anyone considers killing their rivals and burning teenage girls in Salem something to be proud of. But it's not their fault, right? Their god made them do it, II Corinthians 4:4.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Here is what you state in your post:

first — born again
then — believe
then — born again (receive the Holy Spirit of promise)
do you not see the error in your statement???

You are so indoctrinated with your dogma that you do not even comprehend the knot which needs to be untangled in order for you to simply believe what is written:

First hear
Then believe
Being sealed is not being born again. When we are regenerated and receive the Holy Spirit it gives us the ability to began to discern spiritual things. After we have been revealed some truths by the Holy Spirit we learn that the Holy Spirit that we received in regeneration is the earnest (down payment - security) of our inheritance until our redemption (Christ comes back for us). Believing before regeneration will not harmonize with the fact stated in Eph 2:5 where it says that the natural man was dead spiritually (unable to discern spiritual things) when he was regenerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.