Can I change reality with my words?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Ask the Lord Kim. Then follow what you hear.

But, what just came to me is..delight thyself in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.

Jan 12, 2019
I really wish we could have stayed on the simple topic I wanted to discuss. But now I'm confused more than ever on this issue :(
How about thinking the opposite?

If you see someone always complaining about how tough life is, how fearful he is about falling sick, do you think his life will attract more and more negative circumstances?

J

jaybird88

im confused. what does word of faith churches have to do with a believer performing a miracle?

Jan 12, 2019
im confused. what does word of faith churches have to do with a believer performing a miracle?
Because these churches tend to preach a lot on the following passage from Paul

2 Corinthians 4:13
We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Its how one received salvation, as I have said in a previous post, almost every church practiced this when it comes to salvation, following Romans 10:9.

But when it comes to divine healing and prosperity, church preaching starts to diverge. Some churches believe that healing and prosperity are based on God's sovereign will, where God may want you to stay sick because of certain sins you have committed, or to teach you patience.

WOF churches, on the other hand, believe the same "I believe and therefore I speak" also apply to these 2 blessings.

MJ1

Jan 22, 2019
There is nothing impossible with God. He can do anything. Would have loved to see how he parted the sea, and moses and the children of Israel went over on dry land. Magnificent! Awesome!

Has God stopped doing great things?
When considering all the miracles that God did for Israel, did that cause them to believe or obey? The same people who saw God part the Red Sea later doubted that God was able to conquer the inhabitants of the Promised Land.

The truth of why we may see very few miracles might be explained in Luke 16:19-31. Jesus tells a story of a man in hell who asks Abraham to send Lazarus back from the dead to warn his brothers. Abraham informed the man, “If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.” How much truth can we apply from this story today?

God’s greatest miracle was when “the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth (John 1:14) - to die on the cross for our sins (Romans 5:8).

While on the earth, Jesus preformed countless miracles yet the majority of people did not believe Him. “Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst” (Acts 2:22). God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will? (Hebrews 2:4-5)

The Apostles also came showing signs, wonders, and miracles with great perseverance (2 Corinthians 12:12).

The message of the Lord Jesus Christ and His apostles has already been attested to by miracles, signs and wonders and have been accurately recorded in the Scriptures. Therefore, are miracles still necessary?

Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” (John 20:29)

Do we come to Christ by miracles or by faith?

What magnitude of miracles is necessary for one to believe?

Does God still perform miracles, yes, He does – yet how many miracles go unnoticed?

K

Kim82

Yes I was also thinking that even if the word of faith/name it and claim it sect are not doing according to the word of God, then that's one thing. But does that mean Christians in general can't do any miracle and that they are only found in the bible?

If so, then anyone who does any miracle is doing so by the power of satan. Because as you know, the antichrist will come with great signs and wonders. Does it mean everyone doing any miracle or something extraordinary such as prophesying about the future or the ability to discern accurately, are these people getting this ability from satan?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Does God still perform miracles, yes, He does – yet how many miracles go unnoticed?
Perhaps anything that comes from God, no matter how it is perceived as small or great, is a miracle.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Yes I was also thinking that even if the word of faith/name it and claim it sect are not doing according to the word of God, then that's one thing. But does that mean Christians in general can't do any miracle and that they are only found in the bible?

If so, then anyone who does any miracle is doing so by the power of satan. Because as you know, the antichrist will come with great signs and wonders. Does it mean everyone doing any miracle or something extraordinary such as prophesying about the future or the ability to discern accurately, are these people getting this ability from satan?
Let me ask you this Kim: Will the two witnesses be exhibiting Satan's powers or God's powers? Remember, they can stop or start rain. Kill an adversary just by speaking it.

Rev. 11:5, 6 "And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will." :unsure::eek:o_O

Jan 12, 2019
Let me ask you this Kim: Will the two witnesses be exhibiting Satan's powers or God's powers? Remember, they can stop or start rain. Kill an adversary just by speaking it.

Rev. 11:5, 6 "And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will." :unsure::eek:o_O
Nice point about the Tribulation period. If there is one thing I learn about Jews from reading the Gospels, it is that they really love to see signs, they ask Jesus so many times to produce signs so that they can believe he is the Messiah. 1 Corinthians 1:22

For us Gentiles, its good that many of us are willing to put our faith on his death, burial and resurrection, events that we have not seen. I guess that is one reason why we will be raptured and thus spared from the Great Tribulation. :)

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him 1 John 5:14-15

Remember that God will not expect you to do anything, which He has not made the provisions for. Therefore, if it is a car that is required it will be provided, but only if it is in His will in accordance to the work that He has set before you.

Thus, if I speak and it doesn’t happen, I should ask myself if I’m following God’s will?
I believe I addressed this in post #15. I quoted: Php. 2:5 "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:" :cool:

K

Kim82

Thanks for this :)

I've never read through revelations before. But it says there in verse 3 "and I will give power unto my two witnesses..."

See I don't understand why some people are so staunchly against miracles.

We need to identify the workers of evil and those who get power from God. We should not lump them all together.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Oh me oh my, if we believe like we are all called, (I am thankful for sanctification, even when it hurts. I need it), then we ourselves are more concerned with being a blessing to God and to others than being blessed.

Lord, forgive our unbelief, and bring us to your feet, Lord; we trust you will bring us home, and know that suffering is a part of this life and that You use everything for Your Glory. Help us believe, from faith to faith, Glory to Glory, trusting that not only will Your will be done but that it is the best, regardless anything. Help us to walk our faith out in all that we say, think, and do.

Remember, we may not have physical healing, but we do have His assurance that with Him, we have spiritual healing. In my humble opinion, that should always bring us to our knees, but also bring us great joy and peace.

I am thankful for this post because I was having a very weak moment and I needed to renew my thoughts.

Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16‭-‬18 NASB

God Bless you all ♡ All Glory to Him.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
u cant say to the mountain jump and it will do it, Jesus was saying believe in the possibilities with God and if u believe u can move a mountain one day u will
And, yet it has been 2,000 years since the Cross and no Mountain has jumped into the water. Why is that?

K

Kim82

For us Gentiles, its good that many of us are willing to put our faith on his death, burial and resurrection, events that we have not seen. I guess that is one reason why we will be raptured and thus spared from the Great Tribulation
His death, burial and resurrection is a miracle. So in order to believe in God, you needed a sign.

It's a sign that caused us to believe. If God did not give us a sign we would not believe. Even though we were not there when it happened, its still a sign for us.

1 Coritheans 15:32
If I fought wild beasts in Ephesus with no more than human hopes, what have I gained? If the dead are not raised, "Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die."