Can We All Find our Soulmate Somewhere In Between Dodging Zombies at Halloween and Fruitcake at Christmas?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I will never bring up Korean dramas again.
I say, whatever are you on about?

Have you recently suffered a tragedy? Have you been brooding about a tragedy in the past?

...Have you been drinking and this is a hangover talking, perhaps? Just a guess. I've never seen you talk about drinking, that I can recall.

But I haven't seen anything in this thread so far that warrants your response, so give me a clue. What's going on?
 
It's ain't the clothes that you wear
It ain't the things that you buy
It ain't the things that you get
It ain't the things that you got

It ain't the money or the diamond rings
Honey I ain't impressed by your material things...

Well this guy seemed to be a cut above the rest to Paula Abdul.lol
 
I think it was just a reaction to Madonna's Material Girl song.

My surmise is that these 'holidays' or 'festivals' are boon to consumerist culture that likes buying stuff.
 
  • Like
Reactions: zeroturbulence
My Bible lady said when she got married she made wedding cakes and they were always fruitcakes.
Nowadays people don't want fruitcakes at weddings.

I have no reference for zombies. It's more of an American tradition it seems to me popularized by Michael Jacksons' Thriller.
 
I went to the mall the other day and in the food court they now have...'Seoulmate' which is...a Korean Fried Chicken offering. I guess it was to compete with the 'Soymate' Japanese sushi a few counters down.

So I do find a seoulmate when I'm in the mall now, dodging plastic pumpkins and plastic christmas trees, which are all out at the same time..in September. The silly season is upon us.
 
Hey Everyone,

For those of you who've been around the forum for a while, you'll know that just about every year, we get threads asking whether it's evil to celebrate Halloween and Christmas.

We hadn't seen any yet this year, but fortunately, someone was kind enough to dig up an old thread just in time!

https://christianchat.com/christian...t-evil-should-christians-celebrate-it.207211/

The general consensus here in Singles seems to go something like this (I just grabbed the first two answers from this old thread -- feel free to peruse the rest there):




And another member kindly reminded us that:



And so, I figured, why not roll all 3 together and knock out 3 of the most cyclical and widely debated subjects on the forum all in one thread!!!

So everyone...

Do YOU think you'll find your soulmate somewhere in between the Zombie Apocalypse and trying to avoid the Christmas Crusades?!

(This thread is just for fun and laughs -- I know lots of people who are struggling today, aside from it being a Monday, so please bless us with your most creative/funny answers if you dare!) :)
I don't like halloween at all. I used to like it when it was for kids and they wore cute costumes. Now it's a scarefest and some of the costumes are evil looking. No thank you!

YES (old times)
1790648266135.png

No thanks! (current)
1790648419877.png
 
  • Pray
Reactions: seoulsearch
I still like when kiddies show up at the door for candy though. But now they all go to the local mall so no one goes door-to-door anymore, at least not here.

I agree with you in that I am just into cute things, and events that are fun for families. So I'm only into things that are family friendly.

I'm definitely not into the scary or gory, and am most certainly not into witchcraft or Satanism.

I miss the days when it felt safe to go around the neighborhood trick-or-treating, but nowadays, nothing feels safe about going to other people's houses.

I especially enjoyed stories of how kids would strategically map out the most efficient routes and target the houses with the best candy! 😬🍫🍭🍬
 
  • Heart
Reactions: zeroturbulence
I don't celebrate Halloween. it's honestly a little too scary for me. I do enjoy pumpkin pie when someone else makes it, though. I have never made one myself, so I'm not even sure what it's supposed to look like.
I would much rather spend All Saints' Day remembering the people I have loved and lost and lighting candles at their graves.

But Christmas? Now you are speaking my language.
Fruitcake, plum-filled Christmas pastries... I absolutely love them. I'm a Christmas person through and through. It's not really the presents that I love most, but the time together, making the home feel warm and creating that Christmas feeling for other people. I'm very much a homemaker at heart ❤️
I actually went Christmas shopping two weeks ago. Why wait? The best discounts are already there!
There was a Christmas game for children on a table at the LEGO store and a couple were standing there. The woman looked at her husband and said completely amazed: "Already? Who on earth is thinking about Christmas in September?"
Meanwhile I was standing right next to them, quietly humming a Christmas hymn and smiling at her. I didn't say a word.
And when the first snow comes and everything turns white, that's when the red curtains and rugs come out. I'm trying to restrain myself for now because my daughter keeps telling me, "Mom, not yet."

So perhaps I won't find my soulmate dodging zombies after all. Maybe I will find him somewhere between the Christmas lights, a cup of tea and a suspiciously large amount of fruitcake.
 
  • Love
Reactions: seoulsearch
I still like when kiddies show up at the door for candy though. But now they all go to the local mall so no one goes door-to-door anymore, at least not here.
Here in my little town....
And its literally a super small town like Mayberry. My cousin is on the planning committee that plans events for the town square.
On Halloween our city has an event (monster bash) usually on the day itself. (We have no mall) on the city square with vendors and performance dancing by our high school girls.

Then the kids hit up the businesses for candy and then the local neighborhood...
I live a whole city block off the city square....so I host a porch party because I get around 300 little candy beggers.

We make chili and cinnamon rolls....others bring whatever. We hang out look at the kids and eat junk. Kids come by the tractor wagon, golf cart, and truck load. Literally.....wagon loads.....
 
So...anybody want to try some Korean Fried Chicken (the other KFC?) there are four types, Crispy, Sweet Honey, Spicy, and Soy Garlic.

There's also..Chi-Bap, and Ugly Hot Dogs!
There's a small Korean shopping center near me and B.B.Q. Chicken is one of the restaurants. I don't know why it's called that because it's fried, not barbecue. It's shown in a lot of Korean dramas. The chicken is very good, but expensive. I've tried the original, the honey garlic, and the soy garlic. All were delicious.
 
  • Like
Reactions: seoulsearch
Here in my little town....
And its literally a super small town like Mayberry. My cousin is on the planning committee that plans events for the town square.
On Halloween our city has an event (monster bash) usually on the day itself. (We have no mall) on the city square with vendors and performance dancing by our high school girls.

Then the kids hit up the businesses for candy and then the local neighborhood...
I live a whole city block off the city square....so I host a porch party because I get around 300 little candy beggers.

We make chili and cinnamon rolls....others bring whatever. We hang out look at the kids and eat junk. Kids come by the tractor wagon, golf cart, and truck load. Literally.....wagon loads.....
That's great. I hear they go to businesses here too but I don't know which businesses. We have an outdoor mall which is like the main place they go. It's good that kids can still enjoy halloween.