Change

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
We naturally go through many seasons in our life, which typically brings about some sort of change.

Share your experience with change. It can be related to any aspect of your life or your thoughts in general.

Is it hard for you? Why do you think it’s hard?

Does it come easy?

What do you think? 🙂

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Change is never easy, especially when you’re a stubborn person such as myself.

I think the biggest change I had was when I was my father’s caregiver. It kinda made the possibility of an entirely new trajectory in my life.

That and going to college gave me a far deeper appreciation for learning. And I FINALLY realized what method of studying works best for me. Wish I’d known it earlier. 🤔

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Change, like everything else, is best in moderation. Never change things just for the sake of having something new. Only change for a valid reason.

For example I had multiple people asking me to put Windows 7 back on their computers after they upgraded to Windows 8 and hated it. Their only reason for upgrading was because Windows 8 was new, therefore supposedly better. They had no other reason for upgrading.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
No, his mind is not for rent
To any God or government
Always hopeful yet discontent
He knows changes aren't permanent
But change is.

- Neil Peart (Rush - Tom Sawyer)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yeah change is hard... but according to the song, a little will do you good. :cool:

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
Change used to be very difficult for me, but overtime I think I handle it differently.

One of my favorite forms of change and something that has been necessary for me, is to change daily routines. I really can get in the habit of having the same old routine every day, but changing that up has been nice.

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
I find that when my heart is at rest in Jesus, change can actually be exciting.

What is it you have for me in this season Lord? What can I learn here?

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
As a person of routine, change can mess me up bad! lol. My current job has changed a lot in the 2 yrs I’ve been there, and it has jacked me up. But... after I get a new routine going after the change, I’m good.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
We humans are very much creatures of habit. We like things to remain constant and change tends to add stress to our lives. Back in the 60's and 70's a couple of psychiatrists did a study that ended up listing the top "stressors". Just about every one of those stressors involves change of some form even though many of them most persons would consider to be positive change.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
We naturally go through many seasons in our life, which typically brings about some sort of change.

Share your experience with change. It can be related to any aspect of your life or your thoughts in general.

Is it hard for you? Why do you think it’s hard?

Does it come easy?

What do you think? 🙂
I'm always hoping things will change, so does that mean I like change?? I don't know..

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019

I love that TamLynn! It's so true!

We humans are very much creatures of habit. We like things to remain constant and change tends to add stress to our lives. Back in the 60's and 70's a couple of psychiatrists did a study that ended up listing the top "stressors". Just about every one of those stressors involves change of some form even though many of them most persons would consider to be positive change.
This is incredibly interesting!!

I'm always hoping things will change, so does that mean I like change?? I don't know..

There are lots of things I'd like to change. :)

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
Some things change because we decided to change them. Other changes may come as a result of those changes but are mostly out of our control.

I chose to get married, and boy,what a crazy ride that was. Change happened whether I wanted it or not. But I learned a lot of good lessons.

I don't want to stop learning.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016

I guess you could learn to keep your foot from dangling over the edge ;):rolleyes::)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
This thread reminds me of something I wrote long ago.

I have learned...

I have learned I don't know everything. And the more I learn, the more I realize how little I know. Only those who know nothing think they know everything. Those who know more realize they don't really know much at all.

I have learned to listen more to those who talk less. They only talk when they have something to say.

I have learned to keep my mouth shut more when I am offended. Chances are they didn't mean to say that the way it sounded...... and if they did mean it that way, they are probably too rude to apologize if I confront them about it.

I have learned not to worry so much. Most of the things people worry a lot about won't matter the next day, much less in ten years. I will do my best - things I can not control won't be helped by my high blood pressure.

I have learned a person who is telling me something negative about someone, will be gossiping to someone else about me. Count on it. I've learned to avoid people who take delight in telling about the shortcomings of others, because their talk brings me down.

I have learned "What she said he said about me" is not important. As long as I'm in God's will, God will take care of me. Me stressing about rumors is only a product of my pride.

I have learned that on my own I'm not so hot. Only when I'm doing God's work, and leaning on Him instead of taking pride in my own ability, only then do I have any trace of talent.

I have learned when God says go left, not to go right. I could choose to go my own way, but I have learned (from experience) that is an astoundingly bad idea.

Multiple people have told me recently that one thing they like about me is that I never change. Looking back on all I've learned, I sure HOPE I've changed. There's so much room for me to improve.....
Mostly it reminds me of those last three sentences. And I hope I'm not done changing, because there's still a lot of room for improvement.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
This thread reminds me of something I wrote long ago.

Mostly it reminds me of those last three sentences. And I hope I'm not done changing, because there's still a lot of room for improvement.
What a great post! Full of lots of great lessons that most definetly would bring about a lot of change over time. Thank you for sharing.

I pray that there isn't a day that I "stop" learning.

Brandon123

May 15, 2019
Some things change because we decided to change them. Other changes may come as a result of those changes but are mostly out of our control.

I chose to get married, and boy,what a crazy ride that was. Change happened whether I wanted it or not. But I learned a lot of good lessons.

I don't want to stop learning.
I got married too young ... but have also learned some good life lessons as a result..

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I got married too young ... but have also learned some good life lessons as a result..
Me too, but I learned more through divorce than through marriage. Adversity is usually a better teacher.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
It's all how you look at it. Just buckle up and enjoy the ride. Try to see God in your life and don't look in the rear view mirror.

1563248141435.jpeg

Lesson from Sodom and Gomorroah.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
If we did not have change, we would not grow. God allows change (free will) to mold and shape us. The only way we know it's His will is if we seek and follow Him.