Christianity is growing strongly in Russia

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MikkoAinasoja

Nov 19, 2014
Many don't know this, but it seems that in these days when deceive is growing the West world, same time christianity in growing in Russia.

Russian Faith

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Orthodoxy is growing in Russia.

The question is if the knowledge of real Christ is growing, too. Orthodox Christianity is very traditional and ceremonial, though not as dark as Roman Catholicism.

It would need the same reformation as Europe in 16th century, imho.

MikkoAinasoja

Nov 19, 2014

The question is if the knowledge of real Christ is growing, too. Orthodox Christianity is very traditional and ceremonial, though not as dark as Roman Catholicism.

I believe that this must be from God. this is huge.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
The growth of Russian Christianity and the defense of the family and marriage are major sources of open hostility between
the West and Russia.
Those who want to destroy Christianity and Christian society in the West are frustrated that they have no power to
undermine a Christian Russia and so they employ other means to attack Russia through NATO and constant allegations
of political spying and attacks against the West.

God will use Christian Russia to punish and bring judgement upon an un-Godly reprobate West that has turned away from
their God and Lord to embrace every sin under the Sun.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Czechs are West Slavs. Send them some of your Hussites :p Help a brotha out.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Can you imagine a President Obama giving a speech on how important and necessary the Christian faith is
to the well-being of the United States??

SaintMichaels

Jun 6, 2018
Putin is Orthodox. And the Orthodox churches are open. It is great to know that God is moving in Russia.
Imagine the day when we read of the first public Christian church in north Korea. Where now Christians are underground for fear of their life because the faith is outlawed.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Czechs are West Slavs. Send them some of your Hussites :p Help a brotha out.
It was, it was... now we are the least religious nation in the world.

I think its because of a combination of a violent recatholization (after the battle on The White Mountain), communism and pentecostal preachers´ false promises after the revolution.

The offspring of Hussites is not well at all.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Also, women from the eastern Europe (Russia, Ukraine, Belarus...) are much more traditional than the western women.

The family as such is quite similar to traditional Christian values.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I jest.

It is interesting tough how you note the pentecostal madness came in after the walls fell. I know a few Eastern Europeans who have fallen away from the faith due to those false promises and overall lack of coherency.

It was, it was... now we are the least religious nation in the world.

I think its because of a combination of a violent recatholization (after the battle on The White Mountain), communism and pentecostal preachers´ false promises after the revolution.

The offspring of Hussites is not well at all.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
I jest.

It is interesting tough how you note the pentecostal madness came in after the walls fell. I know a few Eastern Europeans who have fallen away from the faith due to those false promises and overall lack of coherency.
Yes. In 16th century, whole the Holy Roman Empire feared us, a small kingdom in the center of Europe. They could beat us neither theologically nor by force, we defeated several crusades from papal western Europe.

And now? We would really need some good Christian help, but, please, not from Russia again :D (1968).

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
It's an amazing story and fine heritage for those Czechs who remember. :)

Yes. In 16th century, whole the Holy Roman Empire feared us, a small kingdom in the center of Europe. They could beat us neither theologically nor by force, we defeated several crusades from papal western Europe.

And now? We would really need some good Christian help, but, please, not from Russia again :D (1968).

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I didn't read the whole article but what I can tell you is is that in Russia the APPEARANCE of Christianity may be prevalent but it is very much a crime to evangelize/prosyletize in Russia. Foreign missionaries have to enter and maintain their passports as humanitarian or business workers and can be deported if someone were to report them for their religious activities.

Embankment

Feb 28, 2017
I didn't read the whole article but what I can tell you is is that in Russia the APPEARANCE of Christianity may be prevalent but it is very much a crime to evangelize/prosyletize in Russia. Foreign missionaries have to enter and maintain their passports as humanitarian or business workers and can be deported if someone were to report them for their religious activities.
Maybe that is Trump’s motivation in aligning with Russia. Russia now becoming the worlds Christian stronghold.

Jul 9, 2017

Could you define, "knowledge of real Christ"? Also, Catholicism is not dark. Our Lord Jesus founded the Catholic Church so how can it be dark if He is the Light of the world?

jameen

Feb 5, 2018
Manila
Could you define, "knowledge of real Christ"? Also, Catholicism is not dark. Our Lord Jesus founded the Catholic Church so how can it be dark if He is the Light of the world?
Dark meaning it has evil history even today such as sex abuses cover ups of some bishops.

FYI, not only the Catholic Church or perhaps the Orthodox Church was founded by Jesus. there are also churches which were founded by original Christians of First Century AD such as the Coptic Church that St. Mark had established.

The Catholic Church might be the religion established by the Anti Christ mentioned by Apostle John in the Scriptures because of the dark history It had in some countries.

Jul 9, 2017
Dark meaning it has evil history even today such as sex abuses cover ups of some bishops.

FYI, not only the Catholic Church or perhaps the Orthodox Church was founded by Jesus. there are also churches which were founded by original Christians of First Century AD such as the Coptic Church that St. Mark had established.

The Catholic Church might be the religion established by the Anti Christ mentioned by Apostle John in the Scriptures because of the dark history It had in some countries.
Some of the things that certain Catholics have done over the centuries may have been dark but the Church, as an institution, is not dark. Her doctrines are perfect since her founder was/is perfect.

The Orthodox and Coptic Churches are Apostolic in origin and, thus, are considered Churches. Also, in your signature, you claim to be Catholic but, from this post, I have to wonder.

jameen

Feb 5, 2018
Manila
Some of the things that certain Catholics have done over the centuries may have been dark but the Church, as an institution, is not dark. Her doctrines are perfect since her founder was/is perfect.

The Orthodox and Coptic Churches are Apostolic in origin and, thus, are considered Churches. Also, in your signature, you claim to be Catholic but, from this post, I have to wonder.
I am a Catholic by birth but I am also an open minded guy. But what I am very sure is the real Christian Church started in First Century AD and continues up to this day. It is so dubious to believe that any Bible based groups founded by men are God's real Church.

To be frank, I am starting to believe that the Orthodox Church might be the real Christian Church.

but still a lot of doctrines of Catholic and Orthodox Church are really similar the reason I even posted a photo with contents defending the Catholic faith using the Scriptures.