Christians and the Law of Moses

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 28, 2016
Good heav
My heavens above, now you are preaching scripture is devoid of it's place!

There is scripture telling us the Law of Moses is cancelled, and there is lots of scripture telling us the law is not cancelled. Scripture is correct, it is up to us to discover how both of these scriptures can be true.

I decided to search until I found the answer to that. It took months, but I discovered that they are both true. It is in discovering what the "Law of Moses" meant to Paul and why it means something different in today's world and in the world of Paul. Scripture backs my findings.
Arguing about ceremonial laws as shadows that have all but two fulfilled .One old and one new remains it will not make the letter of the law ( the law and or with the prophets) as it is written disappear. It represents the living faith of Christ that works in mankind dead in their trespasses and sin.

The letter of the law "death" will remain until the last day. Then it along with the sufferings of the first death "hell". It will be tossed into the judgment of Christ.. .never to rise and condemn through corruption another entire creation

In order to create a one perfect law "the just" according to the letter "death'. Typified as Moses. The unseen law of faith "the justifier "must be mixed with it, Typified as the prophets coming in the unseen power of Elisa .

The written law (death) without the law of faith (breath of new life) the justifier together make one new law. The witness of God .

Romans 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Apr 2, 2020
and which holidays (Holy Days) do you think we will observe in the Kingdom?
Christmas and Easter?
or God's Holy Days? you know, from the OT.
One person [a]regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, [b]does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God. (Romans 14:5-6)

I have no idea what the calendar will look like once Christ returns, if there will be special occasions or not. Such speculation doesn't interest me as today has enough concerns of its own.

Jul 9, 2020
Whenever I hear someone say how they obey the law, I just laugh to myself. Wow! This person is so awesome they don't even need Jesus! I'm sure God is very impressed too!

I think the purpose of the OT law is the same as the impossible commands that Jesus gave us:
Rip out your eyes if they cause you to sin.
Chop off your hands if they cause you to sin.
Turn the other cheek.
Be perfect, just like God...

The reason for all of them was simple: To point out the need for a savior. Jesus was that savior. If you want to relate to your God on the basis of your ability to obey commands, then go ahead. But I'm going to relate to my God based on my trust in His forgiveness and my reliance on His mercy.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
you are so far past reason that you are trying to tell us that when I or someone else (because we both know you have been told the same by others.) states that scripture should not be taken out of context, you scramble it to mean we are saying scripture is devoid of its place?

this is remarkable in its' error but may explain why you reach the conclusions that you do, or at least partly explain.

the law is FULFILLED!!! no one said cancelled. it does not apply to believers in Christ but certainly does apply to those who are not saved. however, if you put yourself back under the law, having accepted Christ, then, you have cursed yourself with death

you cannot have both Christ and dinker around with law keeping

Paul as a Jew, believed the law held sway over his life and he as a Jew, was answerable to that law. However, when he became a Christian, he wrote the book of Galatians, among quite a few other letters or now books as we call them, he asked the Galatians who had bewitched them that they now were returning to their fleshly works when they had started by the Holy Spirit, see Galatians 1 for that truth

you are actually the one who is scrambling the very clear words of the New Testament which is the New Covenant in Christ Jesus

Christians are not a part of the Old Covenant and if someone thinks they are a part of that, then they need to repent and turn from that error because God will not have filthy human works as a part of His perfect salvation plan
I can only hope that some day you will believe in scripture as it is written. I give up explaining it to you.

I hope you will keep one simple truth in mind as you go to church. It is not right for men to interpret scripture, to add their freshly conclusions to it. When a statement is made about the Lord, think about where it came from: men or God.

I send my love to you and the Lord's blessings.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
One person [a]regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, [b]does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God. (Romans 14:5-6)

I have no idea what the calendar will look like once Christ returns, if there will be special occasions or not. Such speculation doesn't interest me as today has enough concerns of its own.
That is true. We can know that God created a special day the Lord blessed, and that was the last day of the week because God told us this was so, but go to church on Sunday because the world only offers church on Sunday.

Apr 2, 2020
That is true. We can know that God created a special day the Lord blessed, and that was the last day of the week because God told us this was so, but go to church on Sunday because the world only offers church on Sunday.
If you think the Sabbath is a day of the week you've missed the true Sabbath. We are in Jubilee.

Jul 22, 2020
earth.

the book of revelations is the revelation of the Christ. The events will unfold and will be fulfilling the fall feasts. A student of the Word, old and new testaments, will recognize God's appointed times (annual feasts) in the visions John had while in the Lord's Day (spiritually transported to the future event of the second coming). You can't understand revelations unless you understand Genesis.
He foretold the end from the beginning.

Jul 22, 2020
earth.
If you think the Sabbath is a day of the week you've missed the true Sabbath. We are in Jubilee.
The sabbath IS a day of the week. It is also many other things at once. A shadow, a reality, a future spiritual realm.
If the weekly holy day is unimportant, why did the Apostles and the Christ keep it, on the seventh day of each week?

Apr 2, 2020
the book of revelations is the revelation of the Christ. The events will unfold and will be fulfilling the fall feasts. A student of the Word, old and new testaments, will recognize God's appointed times (annual feasts) in the visions John had while in the Lord's Day (spiritually transported to the future event of the second coming). You can't understand revelations unless you understand Genesis.
He foretold the end from the beginning.
I will admit, Revelation is one book I neglect so I don't know whether you speak true or not. However, I am confused why you speak of Genesis for the feasts when to my knowledge the first feast established isn't until Exodus 12. Also, such cosmic planning speaks little to the question of whether the law implemented at Sinai is still in effect for Christians. Do you set your year by sighting the moon each month?

Apr 2, 2020
The sabbath IS a day of the week. It is also many other things at once. A shadow, a reality, a future spiritual realm.
If the weekly holy day is unimportant, why did the Apostles and the Christ keep it, on the seventh day of each week?
The true Sabbath is not a day of the week, especially not one marked on a solar calendar. Unless you're sighting the moon and setting your year by pesach you're not following God's calendar and are celebrating your Sabbaths on false Sabbath days.

Jul 22, 2020
earth.
I will admit, Revelation is one book I neglect so I don't know whether you speak true or not. However, I am confused why you speak of Genesis for the feasts when to my knowledge the first feast established isn't until Exodus 12. Also, such cosmic planning speaks little to the question of whether the law implemented at Sinai is still in effect for Christians. Do you set your year by sighting the moon each month?
I did not mean to imply the feasts were in genesis. I know they're documented later. The feasts of God, His appointed times and seasons, are throughout Torah. Much of Revelation concerns those feasts, however, there is much more transpiring in Revelations that won't make sense unless you start at the beginning. When you decide to sit and study Revelations, study Torah simultaneous. More Truth will be revealed.

my calendar.
unfortunately, the world operates on the gregorian calendar. so i obviously have to be aware of which day it is to the world.
But I use the calendar kept by natural Israel which began when God said, THIS is the first month. It was kept faithfully and is easily referenced. Though I love gazing at the stars and moon, i don't have to use them to know what season it is on God's Calendar. Because the world does not recognize God's Calendar it is commonly referred to as the Hebrew or Jewish calendar. The term is misleading and I don't like to call it that. It is God's calendar. To keep my self oriented to His appointed times in His calendar year, I have the 'hebcal' app on my phone. When I write in my journal, I write the date it is on God's calendar. I also make note of upcoming Holy Days to be sure that I schedule my activities, responsibilities around them.
Today is the 7th of Av, 5780.
Since there are no man-made 'holi-days' that I keep, observe, or pay much attention to, i care not what day is highlighted as 'special' on the gregorian calendar. I usually forget and get to the bank and go 'aw man' i forgot...banks closed...some other mandated 'holi-day' shuts down my errands cause somebody felt like venerating a dead guy. alas, it's really trivial. i mean, i don't mind so much.
anyway, hope that explains better my point. The Torah contains the information to decipher Revelations.

Jul 22, 2020
earth.
Whenever I hear someone say how they obey the law, I just laugh to myself. Wow! This person is so awesome they don't even need Jesus! I'm sure God is very impressed too!

I think the purpose of the OT law is the same as the impossible commands that Jesus gave us:
Rip out your eyes if they cause you to sin.
Chop off your hands if they cause you to sin.
Turn the other cheek.
Be perfect, just like God...

The reason for all of them was simple: To point out the need for a savior. Jesus was that savior. If you want to relate to your God on the basis of your ability to obey commands, then go ahead. But I'm going to relate to my God based on my trust in His forgiveness and my reliance on His mercy.
you trust in His forgiveness. forgiveness for what? your sin. what is sin? violation of the ten commandments. do not think your salvation ends with the confession of belief. you must repent daily and work to cease from sin daily. this means being obedient to His rules. the ten commandments tell us what sin is. they also tell us what Love is. so if you think you don't have to obey the commandments or pray to God that He give you the strength to resist the temptation to sin at least, then you must believe it's okay to still sin, and any and all future sins are automatically forgiven. This is unscriptural, please do not believe that false doctrine.

Jul 22, 2020
earth.
The true Sabbath is not a day of the week, especially not one marked on a solar calendar. Unless you're sighting the moon and setting your year by pesach you're not following God's calendar and are celebrating your Sabbaths on false Sabbath days.
and you would be mistaken.
I'm done. i may as well be talking to a broom.
the protestant indoctrination runs deep.

Apr 2, 2020
I did not mean to imply the feasts were in genesis. I know they're documented later. The feasts of God, His appointed times and seasons, are throughout Torah. Much of Revelation concerns those feasts, however, there is much more transpiring in Revelations that won't make sense unless you start at the beginning. When you decide to sit and study Revelations, study Torah simultaneous. More Truth will be revealed.

my calendar.
unfortunately, the world operates on the gregorian calendar. so i obviously have to be aware of which day it is to the world.
But I use the calendar kept by natural Israel which began when God said, THIS is the first month. It was kept faithfully and is easily referenced. Though I love gazing at the stars and moon, i don't have to use them to know what season it is on God's Calendar. Because the world does not recognize God's Calendar it is commonly referred to as the Hebrew or Jewish calendar. The term is misleading and I don't like to call it that. It is God's calendar. To keep my self oriented to His appointed times in His calendar year, I have the 'hebcal' app on my phone. When I write in my journal, I write the date it is on God's calendar. I also make note of upcoming Holy Days to be sure that I schedule my activities, responsibilities around them.
Today is the 7th of Av, 5780.
Since there are no man-made 'holi-days' that I keep, observe, or pay much attention to, i care not what day is highlighted as 'special' on the gregorian calendar. I usually forget and get to the bank and go 'aw man' i forgot...banks closed...some other mandated 'holi-day' shuts down my errands cause somebody felt like venerating a dead guy. alas, it's really trivial. i mean, i don't mind so much.
anyway, hope that explains better my point. The Torah contains the information to decipher Revelations.
Hate to break it to you, but the modern Jewish calendar isn't the Biblical calendar. It was "fixed" by Hillel II around the same time the Gregorian calendar was fixed. The only way to follow a Biblical calendar is to sight the first moon in spring, set Pesach and then count from there. Your Sabbaths are not falling on the correct days since you use a fixed calendar.

Jul 22, 2020
earth.
Hate to break it to you, but the modern Jewish calendar isn't the Biblical calendar. It was "fixed" by Hillel II around the same time the Gregorian calendar was fixed. The only way to follow a Biblical calendar is to sight the first moon in spring, set Pesach and then count from there. Your Sabbaths are not falling on the correct days since you use a fixed calendar.

ok, ye who knows so much about God's Holy Days....

L

lenna

I can only hope that some day you will believe in scripture as it is written. I give up explaining it to you.

I hope you will keep one simple truth in mind as you go to church. It is not right for men to interpret scripture, to add their freshly conclusions to it. When a statement is made about the Lord, think about where it came from: men or God.

I send my love to you and the Lord's blessings.
that's very nice Blik. very godly sounding and all, but as someone who does believe in scripture as it is written, I can only warn you again of your folly

it is not right for men to interpret scripture but is is right for you to do so? you don't see the conflict there?

Apr 2, 2020
ok, ye who knows so much about God's Holy Days....
I know enough to recognize that a calendar that starts in Nisan is not following the Biblical decree to start the year with Aviv. And that to set the calendar according to the Bible requires sighting the moon, as we can see in Deuteronomy 16.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
the book of revelations is the revelation of the Christ. The events will unfold and will be fulfilling the fall feasts.
That is pure conjecture. There is not a single mention of any feast in Revelation.

Passover, Unleavened Bread, First Fruits, Pentecost (Weeks), the Day of Atonement were already fulfilled by Christ. The Feast of Trumpets would correspond to the resurrection/Rapture, which is not mentioned in Revelation. The Feast of Tabernacles will be fulfilled after the Second Coming of Christ (but again it is not mentioned in Revelation).

Mar 28, 2016
The paraphrasers have destroyed the meaning "rest" (Sabbath) .Turning it into a time sensitive word "week". A word that was not part of the Greek when it was inspired from heaven. Sunday the first day represents the new era of cerinimoinal rests . A day set aside to share the true fast. The gospel.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Why do you try and correct me brother?
I don't interpret the passages on teaching the same way you do. :)

Teaching is one of the five ministry gifts noted in Ephesians 4. Paul spoke about teaching in several places. While Christ is our Teacher, we can share with one another the truths we have learned and correct errors that others have embraced.