Christians should be supportive of President Trump especially in America

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
As Christians in America, we should be supportive of President Donald Trump, whether or not we agree with all of his administration's policies since he is the president of the United States of America.

The Bible calls us to be respectful of civil authorities. President Trump worked hard to get the job and is a qualified leader and businessman with experience in making command decisions.

Being in office is not a popularity contest. A president has to make decisions that will not please everyone. But, he is only human. I believe that he is there by divine perogative, and the relentless persecution by those who don't like a maverick style leader, is not in America's best foreign and domestic interests.

The justice department should drop the whole foreign interference theories and just move forward. It is not in the best interest of America, to constantly anger and undermine the legally elected president, which interferes with his duties and could be de-stabilizing. Such informed and knowing de-stabilizing interference makes them, in effect, enemies of state. The justice branch is designed for national stability, not international interference.

As the elected president by divine perogative, the evidence of which is he won the election, he has divine guidance.

We need international cooperation, not national division for world crisis management.
President Trump is right about Russian foreign policy for one. His rapport with President Putin is helping with international stability and national security.

And both Putin and Trump are likely aware that expecting foreign spies not to meddle in other countries business, is like asking a hound not to chase a rabbit.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
As Christians in America, we should be supportive of President Donald Trump, whether or not we agree with all of his administration's policies since he is the president of the United States of America.

The Bible calls us to be respectful of civil authorities. President Trump worked hard to get the job and is a qualified leader and businessman with experience in making command decisions.

Being in office is not a popularity contest. A president has to make decisions that will not please everyone. But, he is only human. I believe that he is there by divine perogative, and the relentless persecution by those who don't like a maverick style leader, is not in America's best foreign and domestic interests.

The justice department should drop the whole foreign interference theories and just move forward. It is not in the best interest of America, to constantly anger and undermine the legally elected president, which interferes with his duties and could be de-stabilizing. Such informed and knowing de-stabilizing interference makes them, in effect, enemies of state. The justice branch is designed for national stability, not international interference.

As the elected president by divine perogative, the evidence of which is he won the election, he has divine guidance.

We need international cooperation, not national division for world crisis management.
President Trump is right about Russian foreign policy for one. His rapport with President Putin is helping with international stability and national security.

And both Putin and Trump are likely aware that expecting foreign spies not to meddle in other countries business, is like asking a hound not to chase a rabbit.

You mention the Bible says we're to be "supportive" of Trump because the bible says we're to be "respectful" of civil authorities.

1. Respectful and and supportive are not the same thing.... respectful does not imply supportive.

2. I think the point of those New Testament passages is that we're simply to OBEY civil authorities... not necessarily agree with them at all.

3. God blessed America with a political system where we have FREEDOM TO VOICE OUR OPINION, and where it is OUR CIVIC DUTY TO VOICE OUR OPINION, and either support or oppose those we feel strongly about.

4. I think we can all try to voice our opinions more politely,
HOWEVER, in this particular system which God allowed us to have, it is probably our civic DUTY to be talk openly and honestly about our leaders, because that helps people make INFORMED VOTING DECISCIONS.

6. Final Thought:
I'm a Trump supporter, but there is no sin in disagreeing with the president in a democratic republic; in fact, it's a necessary part of our system.

I just wish people would disagree more politely or truthfully. But we live in a fallen world where "polite" and "truthful" are generally disdained.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Note:

I was really tired when I wrote the post above... please forgive all the typos.

In fact... it's a miracle that cyclops people can read and write at all.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"We are witnessing the consequences of resentment and hatred."

rwbstr10.jpg

L

Locoponydirtman

I think our disagreement can be discussed in open, earnest, honest, decency rather than vitriol, and hyperbole.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
You mention the Bible says we're to be "supportive" of Trump because the bible says we're to be "respectful" of civil authorities.

1. Respectful and and supportive are not the same thing.... respectful does not imply supportive.

2. I think the point of those New Testament passages is that we're simply to OBEY civil authorities... not necessarily agree with them at all.

3. God blessed America with a political system where we have FREEDOM TO VOICE OUR OPINION, and where it is OUR CIVIC DUTY TO VOICE OUR OPINION, and either support or oppose those we feel strongly about.

4. I think we can all try to voice our opinions more politely,
HOWEVER, in this particular system which God allowed us to have, it is probably our civic DUTY to be talk openly and honestly about our leaders, because that helps people make INFORMED VOTING DECISCIONS.

6. Final Thought:
I'm a Trump supporter, but there is no sin in disagreeing with the president in a democratic republic; in fact, it's a necessary part of our system.

I just wish people would disagree more politely or truthfully. But we live in a fallen world where "polite" and "truthful" are generally disdained.
Thank you for what you wrote here, all helpful for this discussion. No worries on the typos, I do the best I can being homeless in my car camping in the woods due to persecution by my own country, almost dying after a store drink I had carelessly left unguarded appears to have been drugged possibly the same evening I was asked to leave a veterans housing lobby. I understand that it was not a homeless shelter, but I also explained that I have family members who are highly decorated war heroes, and martyrs, and that it was not right to hand off my death to the police. Neither was it for a church I have attended in the past to do the same.
But, it's only human to make mistakes, and I'm not a saint yet either.
I believe my enemies fear me now as a servant of God, regardless of how powerful they think they are, since they have repeatedly failed to end my life, which is helping me to trust and fear God.

You are right, America is about divine justice, like all nation's strive for, but the world has become an oppressive and dangerous place, which I believe the Lord is on a fast track to resolve.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013

notuptome

May 17, 2013
We must acknowledge that God sets up our leaders. The hearts of the kings are in Gods hand. Rulers are not a terror to righteousness. Our leaders are either a blessing or judgment according to how they rule over us. Blind obedience no but respectful obedience for the good of all is right. We can serve our Lord first and be a help to the government.

We pay our taxes and trust God to use them no matter who is in leadership.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

L

Locoponydirtman

For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
I hope your church leaders don't bear a sword to execute God's wrath on evil doers.

Preacher man coming down from the pulpit chopping heads off of congregants because they sinned. Wow, probably go to a different church, ...but he may then come to your house. You better flea the country.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
"We are witnessing the consequences of resentment and hatred."

View attachment 203213
If you mean we are witnessing the presence of the Trump administration because the previous administration stoked resentment due to its hatred of conservatives and Christians, then I agree. 😊

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
and that it was not right to hand off my death to the police.

What I meant was I almost died that night due to health reasons, and religious neglect, not civil or private authorities. I was taken to a safe location by community intervention. A homeless shelter would have been another option. The police helped me since there was no homeless shelter, and apparently I didn't ask to go to a hospital.

We must acknowledge that God sets up our leaders. The hearts of the kings are in Gods hand. Rulers are not a terror to righteousness. Our leaders are either a blessing or judgment according to how they rule over us. Blind obedience no but respectful obedience for the good of all is right. We can serve our Lord first and be a help to the government.

We pay our taxes and trust God to use them no matter who is in leadership.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
2 Peter17:
Respect all people, love the church family, fear God, honor the king [ruler]. (paraphrase)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
I hope your church leaders don't bear a sword to execute God's wrath on evil doers.

Preacher man coming down from the pulpit chopping heads off of congregants because they sinned. Wow, probably go to a different church, ...but he may then come to your house. You better flea the country.
funny...…...bit of a stretch in there...….but funny...….need to separate believers from unbelievers there......how many examples are in Scripture about how each will fare?

BTW you do know that the wages of sin is death, right? God's gonna "lop off" a bunch of heads one day when that day comes...…

Still.....funny

L

Locoponydirtman

funny...…...bit of a stretch in there...….but funny...….need to separate believers from unbelievers there......how many examples are in Scripture about how each will fare?

BTW you do know that the wages of sin is death, right? God's gonna "lop off" a bunch of heads one day when that day comes...…

Still.....funny
That passage is about official governing bodies, magistrates are judges.
My hyperbole is about trying to misdirect this scripture to be about church authorities.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I know it is accepted as such, and can surely be used to deal with secular Governments, but, for me, it has far more meaning when applied to the Church of God.

Anyhoo….….

L

Locoponydirtman

I don't read into the Bible what I want it to say, I just read what it says.
Simple literal translation.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
I don't read into the Bible what I want it to say, I just read what it says.
Simple literal translation.
That's vital not to put spin on the Bible. As I wrote earlier, I believe U.S. President Donald Trump won the election by divine approval because he is an experienced CEO, who has experience with business at the international level, corporations, and has successfully managed large financial assets.

Also, I believe it is significant that two trumpeter swans appeared at the dock of a cabin on a lake I was renting, just as Ted Cruz dropped out of the campaign, which, as a Christian with the gift of prophetic word, I saw as a divine sign which swayed my vote, and also seems to represent the President and First Lady, who, along with the current administration are well qualified to represent America, with God's inspirational guidance, and I would vote for him again, as long as international relations remain stable and moving forward in peace.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Explain how verse 3 and 4 isnt speaking to government rulers? The whole context of the passage is about government.

Question. Is there ever a point when you must obey God and not the law? At what point would that be?

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Explain how verse 3 and 4 isnt speaking to government rulers? The whole context of the passage is about government.

Question. Is there ever a point when you must obey God and not the law? At what point would that be?
Conspiracy and collusion by corrupted civil authorities without due process or just cause would be the point.