Church Attendance

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You think I need to "grow spiritually"?
Don't we all??? Do you think you do not? You are done?

What was it Jesus said about a mustard seed?..;)

Jesus' words in Matthew 17:20-21
Faith the size of a mustard seed moved the mountain of my unbelief .:)

Are you thinking along the lines of, the seed is not meant to grow into a tree?

Erm, you know that parable talks about growth? .:unsure::cool:

Aug 8, 2023
Don't we all??? Do you think you do not? You are done?..
Jesus can be found in any slimline gospel like this one, and if people can't find him in there, all the heavyweight bible study in the world won't help them "grow " any more...:)
Paul said - "I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Cor 11:3)

rel-gosp-john.jpg

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Jesus can be found in any slimline gospel like this one, and if people can't find him in there, all the heavyweight bible study in the world won't help them "grow " any more...:)
Paul said - "I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Cor 11:3)

View attachment 255386
Bible study is not all that is involved in church fellowship.

Plus, reading about Jesus does not compare to knowing Him personally.

Nor should it be substituted for such.

I notice you did not really answer the questions...

Not one! .:oops:

Aug 8, 2023
I notice you did not really answer the questions...
If you mean this question about needing to grow spiritually-
"Do you think you do not? You are done?"
Well, I'm 75 years old so I doubt if there's much more room for me to grow any more..;)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
What was it Jesus said about a mustard seed?..;)
As for "rules" I'm sure the CC bosses don't mind that chap posting a link to his site that helps brain-damaged people?
Everyone is in need of spiritual growth.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022

View attachment 255386
The simplicity of Christ isn't found in the lengths of texts, but in the lengths He went to to relieve us of our debt to the law. Now rather than keep a bunch of laws, we need only believe for salvation. There is further simplicity in our walk each day. We don't have to continually figure out what is right and wrong, we have only to walk in the Spirit. All the while, God is working His righteousness in and through us.
As far as belonging to a local body, we all should. Notwithstanding, it can be a daunting task, we are to make every effort to join a local assembly for a couple of reasons:
1. It is commanded...Hebrews 10:25.
2. We are a part of a body, not an entire body. We harm ourselves and the local body by not using our gifts for them or not receiving the gifts of Christ in them.

Aug 8, 2023
Everyone is in need of spiritual growth.
Certainly younger Christians might be, but I tell them "Relax for now, you've knocked Jesus's door and he's opened it to you, so sit down for a nice chat and cup of tea with him for the time being"..:)
Jesus said- "..whoever comes to me I'll never turn away...knock and the door will be opened to you.." (Matt 11:28/John 6:37/Matt 7:7/John 14:2)

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
They advise us to find a good church, but I'm sure they wouldn't want us to join a bad one..:)
Good avoidance and moving the goal posts. I never suggested joining a bad church but to make every effort. The question still stands, are NT authors authoritative?

Aug 8, 2023
..I never suggested joining a bad church but to make every effort. The question still stands, are NT authors authoritative?
I've made every effort to join a church but I never wanted to stay in any of them..:)
As for the NT authors, we have to look at what they said in context and remember that some of what they said was aimed primarily at the early churches to help them get their act together.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Certainly younger Christians might be, but I tell them "Relax for now, you've knocked Jesus's door and he's opened it to you,
You connect the need for spiritual growth to a person's age? That is very... uninsightful. Were you raised in a Christian home? RCC?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
They advise us to find a good church, but I'm sure they wouldn't want us to join a bad one..:)
"I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member."

:LOL:

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I've made every effort to join a church but I never wanted to stay in any of them..:)
As for the NT authors, we have to look at what they said in context and remember that some of what they said was aimed primarily at the early churches to help them get their act together.
All that is fair enough. I'm not trying to play judge. If you have made every effort that's one thing. Saying there is no responsibility is another. And I do agree that the scriptures are directed to a particular audience and should first be understood in light of that audience. But the principles are largely still applicable.

Rockson

Jul 24, 2021
If you mean this question about needing to grow spiritually-
"Do you think you do not? You are done?"
Well, I'm 75 years old so I doubt if there's much more room for me to grow any more..;)
Sorry but I'd suggest you're seeing like in a one dimensional way. Perhaps you're failing to appreciate a part of growing spiritually is (no offence) also to mature. In what way have you maybe not matured? In seeing the responsible God has for each one of his children to understand they are their brothers keeper.

Consider this, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." 1 Cor 1:3,4

So when we're helped we're to seek out and be a strength to those about us who likewise need encouragement. So no offence but if you haven't grown in this area there might be the place you can grown.

Aug 8, 2023
..So when we're helped we're to seek out and be a strength to those about us who likewise need encouragement. So no offence but if you haven't grown in this area there might be the place you can grown.
I've been doing the rounds of the internet religious forums for the past 20 years, it's great fun helping those who ask for it, for example here's some of the feedback I get..:)-

Spannerose - "I would like you to know that the result of reading your posts I am left with the desire to pick up my bible for the first time in years"
Kierri - "That was one of the best explanations I've ever heard!"
MonkGirl - "Wow, thank you! That is really comforting...and all I really needed to hear!"
Chrysalis55- "Just want to say, I love your posts and your messages not only inspire me, sometimes they make me laugh"
Evenflow- I just LOVE this post You have made me smile BIG TIME this morning. Good for you and what a great attitude you have to life xx"
Apple Pie - "Come on over to 4church, we could do with your input and your humour"
Lillian - "please come back..it's nice having you on the board"

But on the other hand here's some of the feedback I get from people who don't want to be helped..:)-
Steve H - "You're a narrow-minded unchristian unqualified know-nothing silly little man and work-shy racist layabout"
Cymba - "You're an unchristian aggressive liar showing no fruits of the spirit"
Christian Trucker Pat - "You're proud, arrogant,self-glorifying, uncharitable, offensive, lacking understanding and talking drivel"
Elbown - "You put me off Christianity and i'm a Christian"
Reverend Eric Potts - "You disgust me"

PS- It turned out Potts is not a real clergyman, he's an 'assistant methodist minister', my guess is that he's the caretaker of their local meeting hall and they bestowed that lofty title on him to keep him sweet so he'll go on slopping out their latrines..:)

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I've been doing the rounds of the internet religious forums for the past 20 years, it's great fun helping those who ask for it, for example here's some of the feedback I get..:)-

Spannerose - "I would like you to know that the result of reading your posts I am left with the desire to pick up my bible for the first time in years"
Kierri - "That was one of the best explanations I've ever heard!"
MonkGirl - "Wow, thank you! That is really comforting...and all I really needed to hear!"
Chrysalis55- "Just want to say, I love your posts and your messages not only inspire me, sometimes they make me laugh"
Evenflow- I just LOVE this post You have made me smile BIG TIME this morning. Good for you and what a great attitude you have to life xx"
Apple Pie - "Come on over to 4church, we could do with your input and your humour"
Lillian - "please come back..it's nice having you on the board"

But on the other hand here's some of the feedback I get from people who don't want to be helped..:)-
Steve H - "You're a narrow-minded unchristian unqualified know-nothing silly little man and work-shy racist layabout"
Cymba - "You're an unchristian aggressive liar showing no fruits of the spirit"
Christian Trucker Pat - "You're proud, arrogant,self-glorifying, uncharitable, offensive, lacking understanding and talking drivel"
Elbown - "You put me off Christianity and i'm a Christian"
Reverend Eric Potts - "You disgust me"

PS- It turned out Potts is not a real clergyman, he's an 'assistant methodist minister', my guess is that he's the caretaker of their local meeting hall and they bestowed that lofty title on him to keep him sweet so he'll go on slopping out their latrines..:)
That feedback looks like it was given to someone named Mick (Romeo Fabulini) at able2know. Are you Fabulini?

Aug 8, 2023
...younger Christians..I tell them "Relax for now, you've knocked Jesus's door and he's opened it to you, so sit down for a nice chat and cup of tea with him for the time being"..:)
Jesus said- "..whoever comes to me I'll never turn away...knock and the door will be opened to you.." (Matt 11:28/John 6:37/Matt 7:7/John 14:2)
You connect the need for spiritual growth to a person's age? That is very... uninsightful. Were you raised in a Christian home? RCC?
If a person asks for help I give it regardless of their age, it's just that most who ask are in the younger age groups, so I buck them up with these verses..:)-
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity" (1 Tim 4:12)
“Alas, Sovereign Lord,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am too young.”
But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you...Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you...” (Jeremiah 1-8)
As for being raised in a christian home, my parents respected Jesus but were never churchgoers..:)

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
If you're happy attending your "far from perfect" church, good luck with that..;)
Anyway churches are not the only places where God is to be found-
"God, who made the world and everything in it..does not dwell in temples made with hands" (Acts 17:24)
"Heaven is my throne, earth is my footstool, how can you build a house for me?" (Isa 66:1)
"Do not I fill heaven and earth?" (Jer 23:24)
Anyway we could regard the Earth itself as a church, the land is the floor and the sky is the roof..:)
Like it or not, Lord Jesus is using the church to bring about the Kingdom of God. Lord Jesus is the Builder and the Head. His church is His body, the fulness of Him who fills all things. (Ephesians 1:23). The church is the people, not a building. If you are born again, you a member of the body, again, like it or not. The question is, will you fulfil your purpose in Christ or sit on the sidelines and judge everyone else?