Confession Thread.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GaryA

That's right. The bible does say this. If only the religious ones would follow their teachings. It says go into all the world, which most "Christians" would never go nor even believe most of the world even has the right to know their God or Jesus and secondly, take the word gospel, it means good news which banishing people to a dark fiery burning pit doesn't seem like good news to me and it's all done in the name of a God who actually only preached love and forgiveness! You wanna know what I think. If I would've met Jesus before I met the Christian, I would have a better chance of believing.
The good news is that God provided a way to escape that 'pit' ! :D :cool:

I can tell that you have not met Jesus yet :( --- for, if you had, you would most certainly be a believer ! :D

But the invitation is still open ! :cool:

Please don't let your "bad Christian" experience keep you from the truth...

:)

G

GaryA

Well, a girl can dream. Rachel, I wouldn't mind being a guy for a day. Just long enough to see what it feels like to be tall enough to look at the tops of people's heads, and have hair short enough that it dries instantly after a shower. Then I start thinking about hairy legs, men's public bathrooms and having to shave my face everyday, and I'm like... naaahhhhhh. ;)
Probably why Rachel said "not that I want to be a male every day"... ;)

G

GaryA

Well, a girl can dream. Rachel, I wouldn't mind being a guy for a day. Just long enough to see what it feels like to be tall enough to look at the tops of people's heads, and have hair short enough that it dries instantly after a shower. Then I start thinking about hairy legs, men's public bathrooms and having to shave my face everyday, and I'm like... naaahhhhhh. ;)
Hey -- you wouldn't have to shave your face everyday if you grew a beard ! :p

A little trim every now and then, perhaps... ;)

Sep 6, 2013
Hey -- you wouldn't have to shave your face everyday if you grew a beard ! :p

A little trim every now and then, perhaps... ;)

Hmmm, this is true. Thanks Gary, I shall grow a beard. :eek:

G

GaryA

Hey -- wait a minute! That was only if you were a guy...

...for one day...

Don't bother -- you wouldn't be able to grow a full beard in one day.
:p

( Of course, you wouldn't need a trim, either. )

Sep 6, 2013
Hey -- wait a minute! That was only if you were a guy...

...for one day...

Don't bother -- you wouldn't be able to grow a full beard in one day.
:p

( Of course, you wouldn't need a trim, either. )

Hey, are you questioning my manliness? If I were a dude, I would soooo be able to grow a big strapping beard in a day. I'd have to trim it twice, too. Once in the morning and once after lunch. Because if I'm gonna be a man, I'm gonna be a man's man.

T

theneko

my confession; somtimes I dont feel it fit in amonst christian sometimes I dont even feel I fit in witn other humans

J

Jullianna

That's right. The bible does say this. If only the religious ones would follow their teachings. It says go into all the world, which most "Christians" would never go nor even believe most of the world even has the right to know their God or Jesus and secondly, take the word gospel, it means good news which banishing people to a dark fiery burning pit doesn't seem like good news to me and it's all done in the name of a God who actually only preached love and forgiveness! You wanna know what I think. If I would've met Jesus before I met the Christian, I would have a better chance of believing.
I'm not a fan of the word "religious". Not sure Jesus was either.

Have you actually met "most Christians"? If not, isn't that a rather broad generalization for one who professes familiarity with philosophy?

I am glad that you know the verse I posted is in the Bible. Did you also know that Jesus, Himself, said it? My point is that, as His followers, we must follow His commands, rather than those of unbelievers who would like us to sit down and shut up. Why? Because of the forgiveness, mercy and love He has bestowed up on us. It drives us to share it with others so that they too can avoid the fate you speak of. Eternal life or death is a choice we must all make. I sincerely pray you choose wisely.

If you would like to meet Him rather than Christians, it is still possible if you read all of the Bible in continuity and context. I would encourage you to do so and let me know whether you still feel as you presently do once you have.

Welcome to CC :)

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NightRevan

Re theneko (was supposed to quote lol, but I clearly clicked the wrong thing ;) )

understand this, to be truthful there often been times when I've felt like the people least fit in amongst have been Christians, which doesn't say anything against the churches I've been in, they have had great people, it's just I never really fit into the church life, and can often be a struggle. But this true elsewhere, I'm really not always that great and being able to connect well with other people. Anyway I sympathise with you :D

G

GaryA

Hey, are you questioning my manliness? If I were a dude, I would soooo be able to grow a big strapping beard in a day. I'd have to trim it twice, too. Once in the morning and once after lunch. Because if I'm gonna be a man, I'm gonna be a man's man.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Noooooooooooo -- I would neeeeeever question your manliness...

( If you were a man :p )

Keep dreaming... :rolleyes:

;)

Last edited:
C

Countess

Of course I knew the verse came from the bible. What amazes me about people who call them selves Christians us how narrow minded and judgmental they are when the savior they so long for is neither!

J

Jullianna

Of course I knew the verse came from the bible. What amazes me about people who call them selves Christians us how narrow minded and judgmental they are when the savior they so long for is neither!
In what way have any Christians in this thread been narrowminded and/or judgmental?
Isn't calling people narrowminded and judgmental being narrowminded and judgmental in itself, especially strangers?

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
I confess: I wish I could drop everything (my job, bills, responsibilities) and travel for a year straight. Just stay in a different place each month and explore and learn and meet people. I already know where I'd want to go. I'd love to go with someone, but I think I'd be okay by myself, too, I dunno. And I would want to do this with no kids and while I'm still young.

I know this will not happen, but I daydream.

Last edited:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I confess: I wish I could drop everything (my job, bills, responsibilities) and travel for a year straight. Just stay in a different place each month and explore and learn and meet people. I already know where I'd want to go. I'd love to go with someone, but I think I'd be okay by myself, too, I dunno. And I would want to do this with no kids and while I'm still young.

Oh my goodness, Rachel. I am so there with you. I've thought about doing something like this for years. I hear amazing stories of people who have taken a year off and backpacked through Europe, etc., and admittedly, I'm always a little green with envy. And I totally agree with wanting to only spend a few weeks in one place and then move on in order to see as much as possible. If I could, I'd be on your doorstep tomorrow and we could take off. :)

I've also always wanted to visit Australia... Just had to throw that out for TinTin in case we all wind up on his door someday. ;)

Feb 18, 2013
3t6vig.jpg

just_monicat

Jan 1, 2014

keep daydreaming! i think a year is a long time to be on the road, but hey, 3 months would be pretty cool, right? you're so right about doing it while you're younger. i hope you take that chance to explore some of your dreams of travel.

one of the travelish things i did was living on a sailboat in the caribbean for 3 1/2 months. i would give almost anything to do that again. : )

T

theneko

Re theneko (was supposed to quote lol, but I clearly clicked the wrong thing ;) )

understand this, to be truthful there often been times when I've felt like the people least fit in amongst have been Christians, which doesn't say anything against the churches I've been in, they have had great people, it's just I never really fit into the church life, and can often be a struggle. But this true elsewhere, I'm really not always that great and being able to connect well with other people. Anyway I sympathise with you :D
Thanks, it is good to know somone else on here feels the same. I might feel the way I do cos of Asperger's Syndrome buf then I odd in that too as I believe in God.