COUNTRY SONG TITLES (real or not)

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
32,469
13,091
113
I don't listen to country myself - too depressing, most of it - but I get a kick out of some of the song titles. Then again, there are some phrases that you think to yourself "If that's not a country song it should be." So what are some country song titles you have heard? Or, what are some things that would make a good country song name?

"I'm so miserable without you, it's almost like you're here"

"How can I miss you if you won't go away?"

"There's oil in Texas but the dipsticks are in DC"

"If my nose was running money, honey, I'd blow it all on you (but it'snot)"


Those were all real song titles, but feel free to make up your own. And if you hear someone say something today that you think "That would make a good country song name" please remember this thread.
 
And I have to say, the Jason Aldean song "Dirt road" is about the worst attempt at trying to make being backwoods sound cool. Seriously, listen to the lyrics. "We like corn bread and chicken and if its broke around here we fix it." Im sorry Jethro, but at what point does someone here that song and say "That is soooo true, man. We do fix things. It makes me so proud to be backwoods" Like its some major accomplishment.
 
Someone at work said something yesterday that I immediately said, "If that isn't a country song it should be." But I can't remember what he said. :(
 
Dueling backhoes.

I kissed my cousin and I think I liked it.

My truck is black just like your heart.



.
 
I wrote a song called ' The Yard Sale Gigolo" lol
I am still awaiting my grammy for that masterpiece lol
 
"Ohhhh....
Fanny Sue flipped out on me at the five and dime last evenin'....
Cuz I got stuck in my flatbed truck, when Fanny caught me cheatin'" lol
 
What in the world have I started? You people are crazy!

I love it! Don't stop now.
 
"Does your cat lay it's head on my side of the bed or has someone taken my place?"
"You're the reason our kids are ugly!"
"I'm the only hell my mama raised"
"Thank GOD and Greyhound you're gone!"
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
"John Deere, John Mellencamp, John 3:16"
"Would Jesus wear a Rolex?"
"The devil went down to Georgia"
"Jesus, would you turn this wine into water?"
"You broke my heart and stomped it flat!"
"Who's making love with your old lady when you're out making love?"
"To hell with the devil"
"Mama's in the graveyard, Daddy's in the Pen"
"God didn't make Honky Tonk angels"
"You can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd"
"You can have my husband, but please don't take my man!"

All of the above can be confirmed...they are real....! I have each of these recordings
 
"Does your cat lay it's head on my side of the bed or has someone taken my place?"
"You're the reason our kids are ugly!"
"I'm the only hell my mama raised"
"Thank GOD and Greyhound you're gone!"
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
"John Deere, John Mellencamp, John 3:16"
"Would Jesus wear a Rolex?"
"The devil went down to Georgia"
"Jesus, would you turn this wine into water?"
"You broke my heart and stomped it flat!"
"Who's making love with your old lady when you're out making love?"
"To hell with the devil"
"Mama's in the graveyard, Daddy's in the Pen"
"God didn't make Honky Tonk angels"
"You can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd"
"You can have my husband, but please don't take my man!"

All of the above can be confirmed...they are real....! I have each of these recordings

pwrn,

I honestly hope you'll make more posts like these!!! This was awesome. :) I've had a challenging week, and your post genuinely made me laugh.

Thank you and God bless.
 
" I said a you knows where to find me...
If your old truck breaks down...
I'll be cookin' my own Lye soap, when my true love comes to town" lol
 
" I laid a biscuit on your front porch last evenin to tell you how much I love you" lol


"Baby don't take away my cool whip bowls, I gotta dinner party tonight" lol

" If you shake your tail like a squirrel tonight at the dance hall our relationship is over" lol

" Don't be a boot scootin with my ol man down in that holler tonight" lol




Okeee Lynx
Lol
I have embarassed me self enough here
Sure hope you laughed for me though :)