Country Star Supports Gay Community

  • Thread starter Thread starter kaylagrl
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
That is not a quote that is Mailmans interpretaion of what she said, reading between the lines, where is the acutal article or video where she says that directly?


The Hollywood Reporter...."I've struggled enough in my life to be appreciated and understood. I've had to go against all kinds of people through the years just to be myself," she said. "I think everybody should be allowed to be who they are, and to love who they love. I don't think we should be judgmental. Lord, I've got enough problems of my own to pass judgment on somebody else."Dollywood has become a draw for the LGBT community in addition to church groups. Asked what that says about her, Parton said, "It's a place for entertainment, a place for all families, period. It's for all that. But as far as the Christians, if people want to pass judgment, they're already sinning. The sin of judging is just as bad as any other sin they might say somebody else is committing. I try to love everybody."
 
Dearly beloved friend, stop for now correcting the LORD of the New Covenant, and rather correct your 'self', regarding what has been spoken of you in 'love' sound doctrine correction.

Still want to justify to the LORD, what in your weakness, you have done?

Then go! straight to miss dolly parton and Preach the Gospel, in order for her and others to be saved from condemnation.

What is the point of showing off yours and my faith about 'outsiders', in a safe place in this BIBLE discussion forum, to 'gossip' about darkness?

I highly doubt I would get close enough to Miss Parton to tell her anything.But had I the chance I would tell her I think that she is wrong according to the Bible.
 
I highly doubt I would get close enough to Miss Parton to tell her anything.But had I the chance I would tell her I think that she is wrong according to the Bible.

You and dearly 'biscuit' doubt, because both of you are not the 'practitioners' of the New Covenant of the LORD JESUS CHRIST and the chosen Apostles. And they are 'spirit and life' to teach by the Help of the HOLY SPIRIT, according to fully trained and equipped Scripture men, in order to 'learn' to do the right and good things according to the HOLY BIBLE conformed heart, in service to other believers and others who are ignorant to the Gospel.

As it is written and spoken by chosen by CHRIST, Apostle Paul that;

"Why do we judge 'outsiders', when GOD is their judge. Do not we judge our own members."

That there is 'spiritual immorality' in us Christian, who continue in 'carnality and fleshly thinking and works according to them' and yet 'boast' in our given 'talent/gift', contenting with each other's faith. Faith that has not matured to sound doctrine knowledge of the Kingdom of GOD, to deny 'self'.

Debates and contentions are due to carnal and flesh, selfish feelings and desires in a believer who have not matured 'spiritually' but yet are babes in CHRIST, that are waring against the HOLY SPIRIT of the New Covenant.

Those who remain in this condition will fall again to carnal/flesh sin and death again. That is called the second death for Christian. Because death has not been destroyed by the LORD JESUS CHRIST and also satan has not been cast into hell for eternal punishment.
Thank you and be blessed in the name of LORD JESUS CHRIST.
 
You and dearly 'biscuit' doubt, because both of you are not the 'practitioners' of the New Covenant of the LORD JESUS CHRIST and the chosen Apostles. And they are 'spirit and life' to teach by the Help of the HOLY SPIRIT, according to fully trained and equipped Scripture men, in order to 'learn' to do the right and good things according to the HOLY BIBLE conformed heart, in service to other believers and others who are ignorant to the Gospel.

As it is written and spoken by chosen by CHRIST, Apostle Paul that;

"Why do we judge 'outsiders', when GOD is their judge. Do not we judge our own members."

That there is 'spiritual immorality' in us Christian, who continue in 'carnality and fleshly thinking and works according to them' and yet 'boast' in our given 'talent/gift', contenting with each other's faith. Faith that has not matured to sound doctrine knowledge of the Kingdom of GOD, to deny 'self'.

Debates and contentions are due to carnal and flesh, selfish feelings and desires in a believer who have not matured 'spiritually' but yet are babes in CHRIST, that are waring against the HOLY SPIRIT of the New Covenant.

Those who remain in this condition will fall again to carnal/flesh sin and death again. That is called the second death for Christian. Because death has not been destroyed by the LORD JESUS CHRIST and also satan has not been cast into hell for eternal punishment.
Thank you and be blessed in the name of LORD JESUS CHRIST.

But thats the point,my friend.I am not judging outsiders.Ms Parton claims to be a Christian so that makes her an insider like us! I am neither judging homosexuals as God has judged it as wrong.Are we not to share the gospel and let people know they are lost? Or continue to let them think they are doing right? I can't exactly remember the verse but it says to "snatch them from the fire".So are we not suppose to tell someone {in a loving manner} that they are lost? I dont think the Bible teaches that.
 
But thats the point,my friend.I am not judging outsiders.Ms Parton claims to be a Christian so that makes her an insider like us! I am neither judging homosexuals as God has judged it as wrong.Are we not to share the gospel and let people know they are lost? Or continue to let them think they are doing right? I can't exactly remember the verse but it says to "snatch them from the fire".So are we not suppose to tell someone {in a loving manner} that they are lost? I dont think the Bible teaches that.

Why do you treat homosexuals as different to everyone else? Homosexuals are not doing anything wrong legally. Homosexuality is a smoke screen, homosexuals will go to hell for rejecting Christ not for being a homosexual, those that do accept Christ and get into relationship with Christ will be taught and changed by Christ and Holy Spirit. Do you react the same way to someone who takes a few pens and pencils from work each week? These homosexual bashing threads get more ridiculous each week.
 
Why do you treat homosexuals as different to everyone else? Homosexuals are not doing anything wrong legally. Homosexuality is a smoke screen, homosexuals will go to hell for rejecting Christ not for being a homosexual, those that do accept Christ and get into relationship with Christ will be taught and changed by Christ and Holy Spirit. Do you react the same way to someone who takes a few pens and pencils from work each week? These homosexual bashing threads get more ridiculous each week.

The Scriptures disagree with what you are saying Agricola. Thats all I can say to that point.Did I bash homosexuals? No I did not! In fact I have said lovingly correct a person.No where did I bash homosexuals.No homosexuals may not be doing anything legally wrong but under Gods law they are.And His law trumps the laws of this country.Abortion is legal but not right according to God.I dont know anyone who takes pencils from work but if I did I would tell them it is wrong.The gay issue is important because the family is Gods foundation for society.Both for marriage and the creation of children.God created marriage between a man and a woman,not me. Read the Scriptures concerning homosexuality and you will find God was very serious on this subject.Then get back to me.This is a discussion forum and that is what we are here to do.Again I am not bashing anyone.Nor am I wrong in what I am saying according to Gods Word.
 
I am perfectly happy for an atheist to disagree with my decision to take my children to church every week and call it brainwashing. They have every right to express that opinion although I obviously would disagree.

Why do Christians particularly (Muslims are not pounced on over this issue) singled out to be reproached for having ethics regarding sexual behaviour? Why should I be compelled to approve of another's choice? Tolerance surely should extend towards those who have a different opinion to us otherwise it is meaningless. An atheist would not be compelled to approve of my decision to take my children to church, it would be completely ridiculous.

When the state starts to influence wider society to tell people what they should think then we are in dangerous territory.
 
Recently Dolly Parton,owner of Dollywood theme parks came out in support of gays and lesbians,calling Christians who judge them "sinners". The kicker is that Miss Parton makes a rather tidy sum of money off Dollywood which has gospel groups sing regularly there at the park.Many Christians support Dollywood for its family atmosphere.I for one,will not be supporting Miss Parton or Dollywood in the future.And Christians should do the same.Any thoughts?

Yes, that's the spirit... Keep on spreading the seed of hate until its cover the whole surface of the earth, and which it will block everything that Jesus is trying to spread all over. Does that makes you an anti Christ?
 
Homosexual acts are a sin and I hate the way gay culture has become so prevalent and socially acceptable in this day and age. However I also wish that my fellow Christians would view things like divorce, heterosexual cohabitation, having children out of wedlock, etc, with the same measure of disapproval that they view homosexuality. Because those things are far more prevalent and widespread in the church (and culture at large) than homosexuality. Sometimes I think we put such a large emphasis on homosexuality as a sin while soft pedaling others because it is actually rather rare (less than 2% of the population in the US are gay) and it's not a sin that most people are tempted by.
 
Last edited:
Homosexual acts are a sin and I hate the way gay culture has become so prevalent and socially acceptable in this day and age. However I also wish that my fellow Christians would view things like divorce, heterosexual cohabitation, having children out of wedlock, etc, with the same measure of disapproval that they view homosexuality. Because those things are far more prevalent and widespread in the church (and culture at large) than homosexuality. Sometimes I think we put such a large emphasis on homosexuality as a sin while soft pedaling others because it is actually rather rare (less than 2% of the population in the US are gay) and it's not a sin that most people are tempted by.

Homosexuality is out of alignment from what God has designed humans to behave, but lying is as well out of alignment and which God intended that the truth should be only spread, lying is of the devil and which he's the father of it and which means it only has branched from it. But the only reason that we doesn't condemn those that lies, it is because we all do it; but we cleans it up by saying that it was just a little harmless white lie. But I detest a lying tongue.
 
The Scriptures disagree with what you are saying Agricola. Thats all I can say to that point.Did I bash homosexuals? No I did not! In fact I have said lovingly correct a person.No where did I bash homosexuals.No homosexuals may not be doing anything legally wrong but under Gods law they are.And His law trumps the laws of this country.Abortion is legal but not right according to God.I dont know anyone who takes pencils from work but if I did I would tell them it is wrong.The gay issue is important because the family is Gods foundation for society.Both for marriage and the creation of children.God created marriage between a man and a woman,not me. Read the Scriptures concerning homosexuality and you will find God was very serious on this subject.Then get back to me.This is a discussion forum and that is what we are here to do.Again I am not bashing anyone.Nor am I wrong in what I am saying according to Gods Word.

I am not denying Homosexuality is right and I know what God says on the matter, however the persecution of homosexual has fallen into the tiny militant minorty who are usually athiests wanting to destroy Christianity.

What does it achieve to tell homosexuals what they are doing is wrong? Sure tell a Christiain who is in denial that thier homosexual acts are wrong, but anyone else who is not a Christian, it is pointless.

AS Skipp rightly pointed out, it is ridiculous how Christians persecute homosexuals in this way, it just plays into the militant and anti-Christians hands.

If you tell a non-christian that living with someone while not married is a sin, they will just laugh and say "so what", just as the homosexual will laugh and say "So what", just as the person who takes stuff from the office will laugh and say "so what", just as the person who keeps on saying bad things or speaks of a desire to sleep with someone, those are sins as good as murder and adultry, if you tell a person that its a sin and God hates them for it, then they will laugh at you. If you tell someone having an abortion that they are committing murder they will laugh at you and say "no".

Point I am making is that we are in a world where we can not just simply preach fire and brimstone, point fingers and say "you filthy sinner repent and turn to God or burn in hell".

You can not win over people to GOd if you just keep telling them that their lifestyle is disgusting and filthy and calling them insulting names like Sodomite, instead you show them love and compasion, you still do not have to agree what they do is right, but treat them like humans and do not even condem them, if you know a homosexual couple and they are getting married, then just be nice to them.

you will stand more of a chance to bring people to accept and know Christ by being nice instead of telling them they are filthy sinners and are doing things God hates. As I said before, people will go to hell for rejecting Christ, not for what they get up to. Paul murdered Christians, so I guess if murders can be used for good and enter heaven, then so can homosexuals.

Holy SPirit changes, not us, we bring people to know Christ , we can even help them, introduce them to a church, but ultimatly it is Holy Spirit that will transform a person and stop them sinning.

Homosexuals are humans too.
 
Yes, that's the spirit... Keep on spreading the seed of hate until its cover the whole surface of the earth, and which it will block everything that Jesus is trying to spread all over. Does that makes you an anti Christ?

4enlightenment That comment was totally uncalled for and I do not appreciate you twisting my words.I am not spreading hate! I am stating what the Bible says about it.Your profile says you are a Christian so I should not have to explain this to you.How could stating scriptures make me anti-Christ?! That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard!! I thought this was a Christian forum and a place to discuss issues with other Christians.But low and behold Im accused of spreading hate and being anti Christ. Read my comments again,nothing hateful in them.So maybe you need to calm down a bit and watch what you are accusing people of.
 
I am not denying Homosexuality is right and I know what God says on the matter, however the persecution of homosexual has fallen into the tiny militant minorty who are usually athiests wanting to destroy Christianity.

What does it achieve to tell homosexuals what they are doing is wrong? Sure tell a Christiain who is in denial that thier homosexual acts are wrong, but anyone else who is not a Christian, it is pointless.

AS Skipp rightly pointed out, it is ridiculous how Christians persecute homosexuals in this way, it just plays into the militant and anti-Christians hands.

If you tell a non-christian that living with someone while not married is a sin, they will just laugh and say "so what", just as the homosexual will laugh and say "So what", just as the person who takes stuff from the office will laugh and say "so what", just as the person who keeps on saying bad things or speaks of a desire to sleep with someone, those are sins as good as murder and adultry, if you tell a person that its a sin and God hates them for it, then they will laugh at you. If you tell someone having an abortion that they are committing murder they will laugh at you and say "no".

Point I am making is that we are in a world where we can not just simply preach fire and brimstone, point fingers and say "you filthy sinner repent and turn to God or burn in hell".

You can not win over people to GOd if you just keep telling them that their lifestyle is disgusting and filthy and calling them insulting names like Sodomite, instead you show them love and compasion, you still do not have to agree what they do is right, but treat them like humans and do not even condem them, if you know a homosexual couple and they are getting married, then just be nice to them.

you will stand more of a chance to bring people to accept and know Christ by being nice instead of telling them they are filthy sinners and are doing things God hates. As I said before, people will go to hell for rejecting Christ, not for what they get up to. Paul murdered Christians, so I guess if murders can be used for good and enter heaven, then so can homosexuals.

Holy SPirit changes, not us, we bring people to know Christ , we can even help them, introduce them to a church, but ultimatly it is Holy Spirit that will transform a person and stop them sinning.

Homosexuals are humans too.

Ok so I partly agree...I understand there are those people who say "Gods hates f*#s" I DO NOT agree with those type of Christians.But I do not agree that we should say nothing.Jesus ate with the sinners and told them he had a better way,a better life.John the Baptist told the King he was sleeping with his brothers wife,in public! I think we should tell people.Otherwise why evangelize at all? Thats how people come to Christ when they see they are wrong.Some dont know until they are told.We were told to spread the good news and so we should.But yes I agree our attitude should be always be love.
 
4enlightenment That comment was totally uncalled for and I do not appreciate you twisting my words.I am not spreading hate! I am stating what the Bible says about it.Your profile says you are a Christian so I should not have to explain this to you.How could stating scriptures make me anti-Christ?! That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard!! I thought this was a Christian forum and a place to discuss issues with other Christians.But low and behold Im accused of spreading hate and being anti Christ. Read my comments again,nothing hateful in them.So maybe you need to calm down a bit and watch what you are accusing people of.

If you are opposing what Christ trying to bring in, then that is going against Him. Jesus told us always to love everyone even if they strike at you, you should never strike back at them. Its say not to return evil for good, and that is twisting things up. Returning evil for good is saying that when someone strike at you, in retaliation, you return it back to them because you think it is right to do so, but it isn't. It is you yourself claiming that it is good. But when you return back something, you are making judgment, and what come from out of you ( only if it is evil) defiles you. We are all sinners, and if you want to know how God is going to judge you, it is by what method you use to judge others. But if grant mercy on others, then He will give you the same as well. Remember what had happened to David, David had cast judgment on himself by saying what he will do to the man that had a hundred sheep that he had killed another man for his ewe little lamb. God will put you in a situation by letting you be the judge of your own offense.
 
If you are opposing what Christ trying to bring in, then that is going against Him. Jesus told us always to love everyone even if they strike at you, you should never strike back at them. Its say not to return evil for good, and that is twisting things up. Returning evil for good is saying that when someone strike at you, in retaliation, you return it back to them because you think it is right to do so, but it isn't. It is you yourself claiming that it is good. But when you return back something, you are making judgment, and what come from out of you ( only if it is evil) defiles you. We are all sinners, and if you want to know how God is going to judge you, it is by what method you use to judge others. But if grant mercy on others, then He will give you the same as well. Remember what had happened to David, David had cast judgment on himself by saying what he will do to the man that had a hundred sheep that he had killed another man for his ewe little lamb. God will put you in a situation by letting you be the judge of your own offense.

But I never said I did not love homosexuals.Or that we should not love them.As I said in an earlier post,my father who is an evangelist,preached on homosexuality one night.After the service a young man came to him and told him he had been confused about his homosexual feeling but now understood it was wrong.So Im not spreading hate.Nor am I judging,God has judged it as wrong.Im not saying I am a perfect Christian either.Im not sure people are reading what I am posting.But once again,God does hate our sin and not us.I hope you better understand now where I am coming from. :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: tourist
But I never said I did not love homosexuals.Or that we should not love them.As I said in an earlier post,my father who is an evangelist,preached on homosexuality one night.After the service a young man came to him and told him he had been confused about his homosexual feeling but now understood it was wrong.So Im not spreading hate.Nor am I judging,God has judged it as wrong.Im not saying I am a perfect Christian either.Im not sure people are reading what I am posting.But once again,God does hate our sin and not us.I hope you better understand now where I am coming from. :)

kaylagrl
I for one,will not be supporting Miss Parton or Dollywood in the future.And Christians should do the same.Any thoughts?

So why aren't you going to support Dolly for? Is it because she have had a breast reduction operation? And or maybe because she is white?
 
kaylagrl
I for one,will not be supporting Miss Parton or Dollywood in the future.And Christians should do the same.Any thoughts?

So why aren't you going to support Dolly for? Is it because she have had a breast reduction operation? And or maybe because she is white?

Not sure your point here...could you let me know what you mean?
 
Yes, that's the spirit... Keep on spreading the seed of hate until its cover the whole surface of the earth, and which it will block everything that Jesus is trying to spread all over. Does that makes you an anti Christ?

I am not getting where you are coming from as I am picking up bad vibes from your posts.
 
I had meant to type in that you are not going to support Dollywood. Why?


I think I said that in the first post.She has called Christians judgmental for not accepting the homosexual lifestyle.And as I have said I have not judged homosexuality as wrong,God has.Therefore I am not judging to say homosexuality is wrong.Hope that answers your question.