Covid 19

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 6, 2019
I have read some of what you all believe about Covid 19. I know many believe it is a hoax.
My question is this: Was the 1917 Pandemic a hoax?

If it is a hoax, and you take precautions, you lose nothing.
If it is not a hoax, you maybe save your life or the lives of others.

What do you, as a Christian, think is right? Does the bible not say "Do no Harm"?

Here's the thing: A small percentage die, BUT that is not the end of the story. They are now discovering through body imaging that even in those who get a mild case, there are changes to the heart muscle, the lungs, and other organs that may lead to long term damage?

i think the safest thing to do whether you believe it is real or not is to take the safe route and protect yourself as well as others. Below is a video of a very young woman who got it. It is one minute long. Please take the time.

If this changes just ONE mind, then this post will be worth it. I am not here to argue for/against/talk about conspiracy theories, etc. Thank you.

T

TheIndianGirl

I have read some of what you all believe about Covid 19. I know many believe it is a hoax.

What do you, as a Christian, think is right? Does the bible not say "Do no Harm"?

Here's the thing: A small percentage die, BUT that is not the end of the story. They are now discovering through body imaging that even in those who get a mild case, there are changes to the heart muscle, the lungs, and other organs that may lead to long term damage?

i think the safest thing to do whether you believe it is real or not is to take the safe route and protect yourself as well as others. Below is a video of a very young woman who got it. It is one minute long. Please take the time.

If this changes just ONE mind, then this post will be worth it. I am not here to argue for/against/talk about conspiracy theories, etc. Thank you.

A lot of people who think COVID-19 is a hoax are in denial, wishful-thinking, or are rationalizing. This is how some people cope with stress. I know a couple of older people who think it is a hoax, but they are secretly worried.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
I personally don't believe the virus is a hoax, but I can understand why a lot of people feel that way.

Governments around the world (and many states in the US if you narrow down) have handled the pandemic badly by imposing draconian restrictions which have ruined numerous lives.

And in spite of what we now know about COVID-19, how it spreads and who it mainly affects, so many government officials insist on maintaining the restrictions (and in some cases, pushing down harder).

S

Scribe

Do you plan to take the vaccine when it is available?

Dec 6, 2019
Do you plan to take the vaccine when it is available?

Thats another tough question. I would really have to get alot of information before I took it ... safety being #1 and efficacy being #2.

What about you? Would you take it?

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
I don't think its a hoax but i do think its an over reaction and that there is a further agenda to force vaccinate everyone

As for loosing nothing... Let's see... I have friends that have lost their businesses, friends who have lost their jobs, friends who have lost their homes, friends who have lost their sanity, friends who have lost their livelihoods, friends who have lost friends...

So this idea that people are loosing nothing by locking them down is false.
I personally don't know anyone who has had covid yet everyone i know has been hurt by the lockdowns...

The worse thing is that we've been lied to constantly and people are still blindly supporting these draconian restrictions.
I find that these people are well off and/or still working and are hardly effected by the lockdowns.
They live in their own little bubbles and assume that everyone else are "loosing nothing" from the lockdowns.

What is the government most responsible for; looking after our health or looking after our rights????

S

Scribe

Thats another tough question. I would really have to get alot of information before I took it ... safety being #1 and efficacy being #2.

What about you? Would you take it?
Yes. If it passes third phase testing and is approved and made available I will get it as soon as it is available in my area. I don't expect it to be available unless it is found to be effective and safe so I am not going to be waiting a year after it is available to "see what happens." I am convinced already that getting the virus is a serious risk and I don't want to see if I survive it. I don't want to go through a long illness to get antibodies. I would rather get the antibodies through a vaccine and suffer a day or two of mild symptoms from the immune system reaction. It will be a relief for me to get the vaccine. I will stop trying to be so cautious all the time about getting around people at church. I suppose I could still spread things on my hands if I am not careful so there is always going to be a need to think about that. I want to get into the county jails for a weekly bible study and I hope that being vaccinated will open the doors for that again soon.

F

Fundamental

Politicians being too political correct to sanction China or apply travel bans out of regions where an epidemic is going on; should not lecture me on public health or safety.
These deads are on them for kissing China’s butt.

Some of us probably killed another person with our flu, nobody cares until TV starts spreading panic about it.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I personally don't believe the virus is a hoax, but I can understand why a lot of people feel that way.

Governments around the world (and many states in the US if you narrow down) have handled the pandemic badly by imposing draconian restrictions which have ruined numerous lives.

And in spite of what we now know about COVID-19, how it spreads and who it mainly affects, so many government officials insist on maintaining the restrictions (and in some cases, pushing down harder).
Exactly, draconian restrictions which do little to lessen the risk or impact of the coronavirus.

Personally, I don't want the government informing me of the current crisis and then mandate changes in my life to supposedly mitigate the risk.

The number one cause of death besides natural causes annually in the US is probably abortion but that gets no mention in the lame-stream media. Generally, the government supports this horrid practice and seems to actively promote it.

On the plus side though, the doctors that are killing the unborn children have sanitized their hands and are probably wearing a face mask. It's the politically correct thing to do. No amount of sanitizer in the world will wash off the blood that is on their hands despite the wearing of latex gloves.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019

Yes I think it's a hoax .. Either manufactured or just another flue .. It is a control and fear tactic .. You don't stop the world from turning because some fakers without proof scare you and we all die sooner or later anyway .. Living in fear taxes your body and will make any sickness much worse .. Those covid clowns love your money but they don't love you ..

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Yes I think it's a hoax .. Either manufactured or just another flue .. It is a control and fear tactic .. You don't stop the world from turning because some fakers without proof scare you and we all die sooner or later anyway .. Living in fear taxes your body and will make any sickness much worse .. Those covid clowns love your money but they don't love you ..
I believe that the virus is known as Kung Flu. I'm not sure about the covid clowns loving the money but rather crave the power.

F

Fundamental

And those people having tried to control the world share all one common fate.
One day people like Soros and Gates are used up and of no use anymore.

stepbystep

Aug 31, 2020
Covid 19 is not a hoax. I do believe that some have used Covid 19 for political purposes, and some to personally gain financially. Some of it has been misrepresented, but, be sure, it is not a hoax.

People who ignore Covid 19, and do not take common sense precautions are not only endangering their own lives, but the lives of those they come in contact with. God gave us common sense. He expects us to use it.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Covid 19 is not a hoax. I do believe that some have used Covid 19 for political purposes, and some to personally gain financially. Some of it has been misrepresented, but, be sure, it is not a hoax.

People who ignore Covid 19, and do not take common sense precautions are not only endangering their own lives, but the lives of those they come in contact with. God gave us common sense. He expects us to use it.
It is clear in the Word thaqt people with serious ailments, lepers for instance, were separated from the healthy. So who are all these false believers saying it is a hoax to take precautions, especially when these frauds canot do a thing about it other than spin it to death?

Your post is right on target, although understated. Thanks, and God bless you.

Dec 6, 2019
As for loosing nothing... Let's see... I have friends that have lost their businesses, friends who have lost their jobs, friends who have lost their homes, friends who have lost their sanity, friends who have lost their livelihoods, friends who have lost friends...
Yes, of course. What I meant is that you have nothing to lose by taking preacautions: mask, social distance, etc.

I lost my best friend to this disease. She did not lose her money or her job. She lost her LIFE.

Dec 6, 2019
I don't think its a hoax but i do think its an over reaction and that there is a further agenda to force vaccinate everyone
Was the 1917 Pandemic a hoax/did they have an agenda? Many millions died.
No one is going to force vaccinate you just has you have the right to not have your kids vaccinated.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
I don't know about this interview .. I don't want to believe it ..

F

Fundamental

No one is going to force vaccinate you just has you have the right to not have your kids vaccinated.
That is wrong. Many vaccines are already mandatory in several countries.
A government can force vaccination.

Why does our TV keep reminding us we wont return back to normal until there is a vaccin?
Will we return to their “normal” when everybody refuses the vaccin?
Is restriction ones freedom if one refuses the vaccine not the same as forcing it?

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Yes, of course. What I meant is that you have nothing to lose by taking preacautions: mask, social distance, etc.

I lost my best friend to this disease. She did not lose her money or her job. She lost her LIFE.
In case u misunderstood i said i have friends who have lost friends (LIVES) Young people who had their whole lives ahead of them
This idea that everyone must sacrifice their jobs, their careers, their savings, their homes, their livelihoods, etc is one of the most selfish things i've ever heard... Homelessness is worse than death

We all live in different parts of the world and have had different experiences. Over here i still don't know anyone that has had covid yet everyone i know has been damaged by these lockdown restrictions...

No one can do anything until our state has a daily average of under 5 cases for 2 weeks, which is near impossible. Only then will we be able to visit friends or travel more than 5km from home. Only then will curfew be lifted and only then will some of us finally be able to try and find a job...

But most lockdowns will remain and only get lifted once the whole country has had no new cases for 2 weeks... You will probably try to justify these restrictions which are the toughest and longest in the world but u don't have any idea unless u were here.

Your seriously comparing the Spanish flu to covid... Ok...
The 1917 Spanish flu killed over 50 million people... Covid has killed less than 1 million
Covid just kills the elderly... 1917 killed everyone including the healthiest of people in their 20s and 30s
Spanish flu never caused any government to close down... Covid has caused many countries to close down unlike ever before

Well that why i made a deal with one of my mates. If the covid vaccine doesn't get forced/blackmailed then i will admit that my pessimism was wrong but if they do force/blackmail the covid vaccine then he will admit that his optimism was wrong.

Both of us are willing to admit we were wrong and we created a way to measure the truth by drawing this line in the sand...

So i ask, are you willing to admit you were wrong if these covid vaccines are forced/blackmailed?

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
I don't know about this interview .. I don't want to believe it ..
I saw this... Surprised to see it on mainstream media even though it's FOX... Many people have said the same thing but been ignored
The inquiry that is being led by the UN started by looking for the zoological origin of covid. That is a huge presumption