Daily Adventure Journal

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Yesterday was very much problematic. OK, it starts with the kitty litter. See, I change Tango and Sugar's litter box every Monday morning. I dump the contents in a trash bag and then I rinse out the pans with Pine Sol and dump the residue in the toilet and flush.

The thing is the float does not work properly in the tank because I swapped the float out of that toilet a few months ago with the one in our master bedroom as it did not work right and I didn't really have the inclination to dash off to Lowe's for a new one. So, the toilet I dump the litter residue in has a float that does not shut off. My process is to turn on the water valve to the toilet to fill the tank, flush the toilet and then turn off the water valve.

The thing is I rushed swapping the float out and the connection to the tank was not as tight as it should be. Either that or the gasket in the float is worn. Regardless, it leaks.

After finishing changing the litter pans I was out the door to go to the store but forget to turn off the water valve. I went upstairs and my wife was fumbling around trying to turn off the valve while being sprayed with water. I wiped the floor off and then went to the store. When I came home my wife was in the downstairs kitchen frantic because water was dripping from our ceiling light fixture. I went back upstairs and found that the remaining water in the bottom of the tank was leaking. I put down a towel and waited for the remaining water to drain. Altogether probably a half gallon of water had seeped through some crumbling caulk and dripped down to where the light is.

Now, I had to drop the light fixture from the ceiling, dry off the remaining water and moisture and hook the thing back up to the bracket. I was standing on a ladder while my wife was supporting the light fixture with a mop while I was trying to align the screws in the bracket with the holes in the fixture. My only source of light was from a tiny little flashlight with a battery that was going dead. After struggling for 20 minutes I got it back on, folded up the ladder and was careful not to crash it into the window of our outside screen door so I could put it in our carport shed.

Maybe this latest ordeal didn't start with the kitty litter but started a few months ago when the float in our bathroom toilet stopped working. Many years ago there was a series of ads about FRAM oil filters that said, "You can pay them now or pay them later". From my experience through the years I think it is wise to pay a little upfront to avoid paying out a lot later.

Oh yeah, our car is overdue for an oil and filter change. Now I am starting to believe that this whole debacle started years ago because I did not heed the commercials. The moral of this sad story is that it might be best to limit one's TV viewing, otherwise things may get out of hand.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Maybe one day you will look back and laugh, but it will be quite a ways off I am afraid. The image of your working madly with that flashlight giving you guff and your wife supporting the light fixture with the mop handle did give me a true chuckle, please forgive that, but you wrote it, I read it, and it just struck me that way.

I am and will for you both. That is a lot of ordeal for any body. Good thing you are in Chris or it would have got you down. Now, take care of that oil change! All blessing in our Lord, Jesus always, amen. Thank you for tht story….

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Maybe one day you will look back and laugh, but it will be quite a ways off I am afraid. The image of your working madly with that flashlight giving you guff and your wife supporting the light fixture with the mop handle did give me a true chuckle, please forgive that, but you wrote it, I read it, and it just struck me that way.

I am and will for you both. That is a lot of ordeal for any body. Good thing you are in Chris or it would have got you down. Now, take care of that oil change! All blessing in our Lord, Jesus always, amen. Thank you for tht story….
I will consider your wise counsel about the oil change and act on it. Thank you for your kind words and God bless you and those that you love. :)

KALYNA18

Oct 25, 2016
I missed all this daily adventure, lol, going to on here very soon, like tomorrow. hOpe your not going to be mischievous. :)

Feb 28, 2016
you are definitely a very descriptive writer and relate very well what many of us go through:
hope all gets fixed soon before something else goes wrong:
how blessed is wife to have such a supper-fixer-upper!!! :)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Oh yeah, our car is overdue for an oil and filter change. Now I am starting to believe that this whole debacle started years ago because I did not heed the commercials. The moral of this sad story is that it might be best to limit one's TV viewing, otherwise things may get out of hand.

.......a filter in time ........ uh, er, ...... a filter in time....... uh, hmm......

yeah, I got nothing

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

.......a filter in time ........ uh, er, ...... a filter in time....... uh, hmm......

yeah, I got nothing
You got a little more than nothing my friend.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I missed all this daily adventure, lol, going to on here very soon, like tomorrow. hOpe your not going to be mischievous. :)
Life is a series of daily adventures my friend. I like that word 'mischievous but lately I've been on my best behavior. :)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
My daily adventure today was to finally determine just how long I could nap.............

Hafta say, it went pretty well........well, I did sleep through it though, so I'm not sure how it came out chairing.png

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
My daily adventure today was to finally determine just how long I could nap.............

Hafta say, it went pretty well........well, I did sleep through it though, so I'm not sure how it came out View attachment 190155

This is my adventure for the week, figuring out what you do and ho when you monitor your naps………...mine are a complete blank.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Hafta say, it went pretty well........well, I did sleep through it though, so I'm not sure how it came out View attachment 190155
Naps are always welcome. It's the simple things in life that bring the most pleasure.

Feb 28, 2016
naps are so delightful, we don't have to buy them anymore,
their free when even we want one!
:):)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
naps are so delightful, we don't have to buy them anymore,
their free when even we want one!
:):)
Naps are indeed delightful and seeing how I don't have to work tomorrow I will probably catch a few winks in the early afternoon.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Sitting here reading and talking about naps is such a wonder.......... chairing.png

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Today is our 4th wedding anniversary and we begin our 5th year of marriage. There have been a few ups and downs but she (JesusLives) "...has been wonderful so far and more than I hoped for." God has certainly blessed me with a wonderful woman who became my wife. This site has been a tremendous blessing too because this is where we first met. It seems like it was a fast 4 years and we both pray for many more years together. We have placed God in the center of our marriage. It is a love triangle. So far it has been quite an adventure and I wonder what waits "...beyond the river bend."

Aug 2, 2009
Today is our 4th wedding anniversary and we begin our 5th year of marriage. There have been a few ups and downs but she (JesusLives) "...has been wonderful so far and more than I hoped for." God has certainly blessed me with a wonderful woman who became my wife. This site has been a tremendous blessing too because this is where we first met. It seems like it was a fast 4 years and we both pray for many more years together. We have placed God in the center of our marriage. It is a love triangle. So far it has been quite an adventure and I wonder what waits "...beyond the river bend."
Happy Anniversary to you and Darlene! :D