Dating thread that will never get off the ground but here we go anyway

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 7, 2014
I hear ya, you post away...your thread is cool even if it morphed into culinary mode, haha. Looking up old posts from years ago is a trip and could provide lots of spin-offs.
It's okay it can go any which way... Didn't have much hopes for it anyway :) fun while it lasted though. Onward to the next topic!

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I would be curious to know how people actually get dating off the ground for those who have met on this site @tourist and I'm not sure if you know if Magenta met someone on this site also. It's been a while idr.

Seems to me it would be quite a challenge.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I would be curious to know how people actually get dating off the ground for those who have met on this site @tourist and I'm not sure if you know if Magenta met someone on this site also. It's been a while idr.

See Tourist's posts on his Virtual Dating Thread, he tells the beautiful story there.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Got a party pooper here folks...its cool dude you don't have to be here if you don't want to :) Actually its more just for fun and yeah an opportunity to have new people share things or maybe old people who have been here to share things they havent yet ... I'm certainly not taking this seriously :)
Even if "date" threads never produce even a single date, they're always fun, bring out people's personalities (which is helpful when looking for people you might want to talk to,) and often create a bigger sense of community here.

Kudos to @Bartholomew, @TabinRivCA, and @tourist for starting these threads! :love:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Even if "date" threads never produce even a single date, they're always fun, bring out people's personalities (which is helpful when looking for people you might want to talk to,) and often create a bigger sense of community here.

Kudos to @Bartholomew, @TabinRivCA, and @tourist for starting these threads! :love:
I fully agree with your estimate. We are family here in this community. I find that getting to know the members better to be a fascinating process.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Got a party pooper here folks...its cool dude you don't have to be here if you don't want to :) Actually its more just for fun and yeah an opportunity to have new people share things or maybe old people who have been here to share things they havent yet ... I'm certainly not taking this seriously :)
Yeah, it is all about taking a chance by becoming vulnerable to share a piece of ourselves.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Yes, I do know that @Magenta met someone on this site. She is one of my favorite peeps and is always ready to offer encouragement, prayer and guidance. @melita916 met her husband through a former member of this site. That former member is now her mama-in-law as she has lovingly stated. They celebrated their 3rd anniversary on April 22 of this year. And then, there was BananaPie who married Adrick but they are no longer members. I have no idea how that turned out. There have been several others as well. Unfortunately, things didn't work out for TinTin and Arlene. I didn't know her very well but TinTin used to be a regular frequent contributor to the forums but became inactive when the relationship went south. I miss that guy and hope that he returns one day.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I haves books and read 'em
Thats all Im going to share
Run the other way folks.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
Ok...so I've known 'Bart' since I first joined the chat rooms on CC before I even knew about the forums. I think that starting this thread was a bold thing for him...but so cool.

Many of us on CC have had relationships that have left us scarred, cautious, and reluctant to make our hearts and emotions vulnerable again. Those of you that have never been in relationships or even been on a date may be holding back because you have heard the horror stories of 'love gone wrong'.
I think if many of us are honest, there's a glimmer of hope that one day we will find a special person that captivates us and has God's stamp of approval.
I've experienced pain and sorrow, love and joy. I can tell you there is wisdom and fruit as a result. I think it's important to embrace our failures so we learn the lessons and receive the blessings God gives us as He glues our broken pieces back together again.
Do any of us know before hand how God may choose to work in our lives and who He may put in our paths to do so? If we never let go of our fears how do we ever move forward? If we never take reasonable chances we may miss the opportunities He places in our laps. So, if you feel compelled to post looking for those opportunities...go for it! The least you can do is get better acquainted and build lasting friendships....and that is a blessing in itself!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Many of us on CC have had relationships that have left us scarred, cautious, and reluctant to make our hearts and emotions vulnerable again. Those of you that have never been in relationships or even been on a date may be holding back because you have heard the horror stories of 'love gone wrong'.
Sorry to disappoint, but personally I'm just single out of apathy. I could probably find somebody, but I never have wanted to put the effort into the task. My life is fine the way it is and I don't see any reason to try to find somebody else to add to my life.

Now if I happen to find THE ONE FOR ME and we happen to hit it off, in the normal course of my life... that's great! But I'm too indolent to go looking for her.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I haves books and read 'em
Thats all Im going to share
Run the other way folks.
I used to average reading a book a week for years but the past few years I have gotten mentally lazy in this regard. Reading is one of life's simple pleasures. I love to write too but most of my writing these days is on this site. CC has quite a few very articulated writers, a few of professional quality. No, I'm not one of them. :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Sorry to disappoint, but personally I'm just single out of apathy. I could probably find somebody, but I never have wanted to put the effort into the task. My life is fine the way it is and I don't see any reason to try to find somebody else to add to my life.

Now if I happen to find THE ONE FOR ME and we happen to hit it off, in the normal course of my life... that's great! But I'm too indolent to go looking for her.
Perhaps you will bump into her in the course of scrounging for something to eat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Ok...so I've known 'Bart' since I first joined the chat rooms on CC before I even knew about the forums. I think that starting this thread was a bold thing for him...but so cool.

This was certainly true of my horrible first marriage at the age of 23 that mercifully came to an end 6 1/2 years later. Even then there were years of anguish trying to maintain a relationship with my daughter while the X tried to prevent it. Years later, my daughter finally wised up. She has not gotten along with her mother for years. I spent the next 18 years celibate and alone. while I healed emotionally and spiritually. That ill-conceived relationship took a horrible toll on me due to the constant physical and verbal abuse and mental anguish. It was a true horror story.

Jul 20, 2019

wow, you just saved me a heap of typing, my thoughts exactly . I look at dating apps etc and think, nah, couldn't be bothered, happy to be single looking after my surrogate sister (long story)

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016

More power to you Lynx. There's nothing wrong with being happy where you are. :)

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
This was certainly true of my horrible first marriage at the age of 23 that mercifully came to an end 6 1/2 years later. Even then there were years of anguish trying to maintain a relationship with my daughter while the X tried to prevent it. Years later, my daughter finally wised up. She has not gotten along with her mother for years. I spent the next 18 years celibate and alone. while I healed emotionally and spiritually. That ill-conceived relationship took a horrible toll on me due to the constant physical and verbal abuse and mental anguish. It was a true horror story.
I understand that all too well. I'm thankful that we have a God that can turn all of that into something beautiful. :) Which I know you have now. I appreciate all that you have shared with us about your testimony.