Did Adam and Eve eat an apple?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 17, 2017
Hey there!
I see it as a statement of fact. The woman gave it to me and I ate. That's what went down.

The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

Btw, there's a whole lot more going on than meets the eye. Adam ate the fruit knowing what he was doing. Eve was deceived as she stated.
"Adam ate the fruit knowing what he was doing"
EXACTLY, and confession to the LORD was in order......we can't have it both ways, we are accountable for our actions....then and now....

Notice,
Gen 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
Gen 3:9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
Gen 3:10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

He called the man, confession was in order, he gave 2 excuses....before our Holy God....
Instead of "I ate of the tree you told me not."
but I now understand ,it was not in him to do it...now we should see how sinful sin really is.
and how much more we need(ed) a Saviour.....

Be blessed!

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I beg to differ. Adam ate the forbidden fruit because he caved in under the pressure from Eve. There were countless cases of the leader giving up on principle under the pressure from the congregation. A good example is Samson and Delilah. This is Satan's strategy, he doesn't come to you directly in a pitch fork and a red skinny suit, instead he uses your friends, family, influencers, people you usually trust to put peer pressure on you. Satan knew how much Adam loved Eve, so he used Eve to get to Adam. He got emotionally blackmailed, then using his reason and logic, seeing Eve taking a bite and still alive and kicking, eventually he yielded to the temptation.
Adam was not deceived. Not by Satan, and not by his wife.

Does 'caving under pressure from emotional blackmail' agree with that fact?

He listened to her, and while it's just speculation, I think what she said to him was something like 'don't leave me' or 'help'

Aug 2, 2021
I see it as a statement of fact. The woman gave it to me and I ate. That's what went down.

The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

Btw, there's a whole lot more going on than meets the eye. Adam ate the fruit knowing what he was doing. Eve was deceived as she stated.
Have we overlooked the not so obvious = "She Blinded me with Science"

It's poetry in motion
She turned her tender eyes to me
As deep as any ocean
As sweet as any harmony
But she blinded me with science
(She blinded me with science!)
Failed me in geometry, hey-ey, huh, huh
by Thomas Dolby

Nov 17, 2017
Hey again!

Concerning your last statement.
This is why the Serpent went to the woman instead of the man.

"For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression."

"And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication. And on her forehead a name was written:
MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT,
THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS
AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS
OF THE EARTH.

I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I marveled with great amazement."

What satan started in the Garden he perfected throughout time to seduce the world for the End Time.

Serpent is now a DRAGON and the woman now is a QUEEN.
Question,
Do you think Adam and Eve had blood, before the fall?

Aug 2, 2021
Newsflash:
ADAM WAS GIVEN ALLL AUTHORITY OVER EVERYTHING IN THE GARDEN.......INCLUDING "THE SERPENT"..

God Bless!
Adam was given authority over all the beasts = earthbound creatures = True
But was Adam given authority over satan who was residing/manifesting in the serpent?

ANSWER: YES

Question: How do you know - YES???

ANSWER: "I have given them my Word" = "Thy word is Truth" = "And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;"

Nov 17, 2017
Adam was given authority over all the beasts = earthbound creatures = True
But was Adam given authority over satan who was residing/manifesting in the serpent?

ANSWER: YES

Question: How do you know - YES???

ANSWER: "I have given them my Word" = "Thy word is Truth" = "And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;"
To add:
Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Be Blessed!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
What satan started in the Garden he perfected throughout time to seduce the world for the End Time.
The lie Satan told, the lie at the heart of the fall of man and the
corruption of all creation, is being repeated to this very day.

“You will not surely die."

Nov 17, 2017
Hey there!
I think this is a really important verse.

Seth, who of course is in Jesus’s lineage, and every other human ever born, is born in the likeness of FALLEN Adam. In a spiritual sense.

No one is a child of God until they are born again.
Important, YES, we have a paternity issue,,,,,,,
Gen 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

Why does the Word say : "a son in his own likeness, after his image"
His (Adam) living "son" , Cain , was in who's image and likeness if not his (Adam)?

God Bless!

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
What is interesting to me is that Eve ate not just to gain knowledge,
but because she did not want to die, which is the lie Satan told:
It seems she added, "we are not so much as to touch it," which causes me to wonder if she got 'the word' from Adam, who sourced that particular addition. If so, Adam got the word directly from God and hence, 'was not deceived,' whereas Eve was able deceived because the only word(s) she received was, to her knowledge, only hearsay (And so understandable why she might've been confused with an added of reasoning, 'why should we not 'even touch it?').

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Adam was also telling the truth. He wasn’t using Eve as an excuse. He plainly states…

12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

That is a true statement.
He reasoned that he ate because she gave it to him, an excuse for disobeying even though he knew first hand God said not to eat of it. period. A true statement isn't necessarily always a valid statement.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Hi again hope your day is blessed!

Be mindful not to take things out of context....
Heb 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
Heb 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
---

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The father only has One begotten Son...... Yeshua Hamashia. and by Him we are NOW sons of God....

1John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
1John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

The sons of God, in the OT, according to scripture , are an angelic host.
God Bless!
As man, in general, we tend to lean toward believing how we want to see it, but I'm at a point where the only thing I want to believe is the Truth with a capital T.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
All the angels are sons of God, but only Jesus is the only begotten of the Father.
While angels may be spirits, they are neither sons nor fathers, and so are not 'made in God's image.'

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Hey there!

Important, YES, we have a paternity issue,,,,,,,
Gen 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

Why does the Word say : "a son in his own likeness, after his image"
His (Adam) living "son" , Cain , was in who's image and likeness if not his (Adam)?

God Bless!
The idea is to differentiate that he is NOT born in God's Image, like Adam was created.

When Adam fell he was not only Spiritually dead, but accounted as physically dead. It was just a matter of time.

We are in that exact same fallen boat. When we are born, it's just a matter of time til we die physically. Since God is outside the dimensionality of time, we are reckoned dead, and unless we are born again, we will not receive a new Spirit, and live eternally.

Aug 2, 2021
The lie Satan told, the lie at the heart of the fall of man and the
corruption of all creation, is being repeated to this very day.

“You will not surely die."
AGREE: and two things come have 'crawled out' of the Garden directly related to this:

1.) Every person knows Death will come for them, so satan/sin is now exposed and another counterfeit must 'crawl out' to compensate.
2.) Compensation for the exposed error of #1 is "you will become gods...."

So, even with Death upon every man/woman the appeal remains = "you will become gods" = Afterlife = false religions of all ages leading us to the Return of Noahs'Day and the Mark of the Beast.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
.......Job is said to be the oldest book of the cannon.

Lets use said "logic"
John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

No (hu)man has been in heaven, save One that is our Lord and Saviour Yeshua Hamashia, period.

Yahweh Elohim's seat is in Heaven.

Ps 11:4 The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.

Look:
Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

Job 2:1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.

No, not all.
Jude 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

God bless!
In my view, it is Job that is counted among the sons of God, and so is presented to satan who, so to speak, crashed the party.

Aug 2, 2021
God told Adam he could eat from every tree then There comes the tree of the knowledge of good and evil have you ever heard of a tree named the tree of good and evil, then you have the tree of life, There is no "tree of life" Jesus is the tree of life God is fair what he gives one side he gives the other so are you sure that. This next part comes from the Hebrew university
Home » Genesis – בְּרֵאשִׁית » Advice For Life –The Hebrew Meaning Of The Biblical Tree Of Life
ADVICE FOR LIFE –THE HEBREW MEANING OF THE BIBLICAL TREE OF LIFE

The Bible mentions by name TWO trees that were planted in the Garden of Eden:
“The tree of life was in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.” (Genesis 2:9)
The first tree is ‘the tree of life’ which appears in the original Hebrew as ‘Etz Ha-Cha’yim’ {עץ החיים} and the second is known in Hebrew as ‘Etz Ha-Da’at.’ {עץ הדעת}
The original Hebrew syntax of this verse suggests that the two trees are in fact opposites – or at least, one stands in contrast to the other.
In other words, from the Hebrew syntax of this verse, one can learn that man had to choose between living eternal life OR receiving the gift of knowledge. To live for all eternity and to possess the gift of knowledge does not
appear to be a contradiction at all – so why it is presented as a conflict between two opposite things?
Well, according to one very interesting interpretation, the perspective should be applied for ALL mankind – because with great positive knowledge (which can make our lives better) comes also negative destructive knowledge which can easily damage it.
When man chose ‘knowledge’ he ultimately ruined his chances for having eternal life because of what is attached to the ‘knowledge.’

Here is an interesting anecdote before we conclude this post. The original Hebrew word for ‘tree’ is ‘Etz’ {עץ} which is spelled and pronounced almost identically as the Hebrew word ‘Etzah’ {עצה} – which means ‘advice.’
When one reads this part in the original Hebrew, one cannot ignore the double meaning of the Hebrew word ‘Etz’ which sounds like both ‘tree’ and ‘advice.’ The ‘tree of life’ and ‘the tree of the knowledge of good and evil’ sounds also very much like ‘the advice of life’ and ‘the advice of knowledge of good and evil.’
Are you sure it was a real tree, or like the tree of life is it something else
Well, it is BOTH = the Trees were actual and They were Spiritual.

We know that They were BOTH = actual/physical and Spiritual because Eve and Adam, in their physical bodies both ate.
We know that They were BOTH = actual and Spiritual because Eve and Adam DIED BOTH = 1st Spiritual the later physical.
We know these things are TRUE because the LORD said: "in the day you eat thereof you will die"

Nov 17, 2017
HI!
The idea is to differentiate that he is NOT born in God's Image, like Adam was created.
? So what was Cain?

When Adam fell he was not only Spiritually dead, but accounted as physically dead. It was just a matter of time.
We are in that exact same fallen boat. When we are born, it's just a matter of time til we die physically. Since God is outside the dimensionality of time, we are reckoned dead, and unless we are born again, we will not receive a new Spirit, and live eternally.
Agree with all of this.^^^

Cain "the manchild" , Abel, Seth (a son in his own likeness, after his image) and all others was born after the fall,,,
I dont see your point?

God Bless!

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Eve wasn't lying when she answered, "the serpent beguiled me," as scripture confirms she was deceived, and Adam wasn't. He wanted to eat from the tree, and used her for an excuse when he was called out on it, i.e. he chose the lie and continued with it.
If Adam was not deceived, then he knew the consequences for such an act. DEATH!

Knowing what would happen to him gives credence to the idea that he was a "type" of Christ in the sense that he could not bear living without Eve.

Of course once he fell, all that nobility went out the window, and he ended up blaming Eve.

Not definitive, but a possibility.

Aug 2, 2021
In my view, it is Job that is counted among the sons of God, and so is presented to satan who, so to speak, crashed the party.
Did satan "crash the party"(i like this) or was satan permitted to be there because of him being a 'son of God/Archangel/Cherubim",

also, satan did not provoke first provoke the LORD, but the LORD first addressed satan and then challenged his authority.