I believe that initial salvation (justification, or the new birth) is entirely by grace through faith, and is not of works.
I believe that ongoing salvation (sanctification, or Christian growth) is entirely by grace through faith, and is not of works.
I believe I did not gain initial salvation by earning it, and I do not keep salvation by earning it.
I also believe that I can lose my salvation.
So, by your definition I am a legalist. And I believe that I "still have to earn salvation".
Am I understanding your post correctly?
that takes to much work, why do that, when you can go to lets bash JP, lets destroy JP, lets defeat JP internet sites, where someone already did that for you..
now. what did the OP do to slander.
He made a statment that JP said something, That somethign was proven to be in error. Buy JPs words himself...
Yet the op keeps trying to play his slanderous ways.
we see who is slandering. It is easy..
Did Jesus die on the cross to free us from committing sinful actions or harboring sinful thoughts? If He did, then allow me to conclude with reverence that He failed.
Quote #19:
“Did Jesus die on the cross to free us from committing sinful actions or harboring sinful thoughts?
If He did, then allow me to conclude with reverence that He failed."
Quote #19:
“Did Jesus die on the cross to free us from committing sinful actions or harboring sinful thoughts?
If He did, then allow me to conclude with reverence that He failed."
Look at all those here who are defending this---->>>>
And are warring against me for defending this----->>>>John 8:36 "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed."
That should speak volumes as to whom these liars serve.![]()
Downloaded mine yesterday of DTR. And yes, I'm reading it. And yes, it is golden. When ISIT is done, I'll have a go at it.BTW............ I got absolutely free copies of Destined to Reign, Unmerited Favor, and The Power of Right Believing, online from Joseph Prince's own site. You can too......... IF you actually do care about accurately, fully, and honestly quoting what he says. (What a golden opportunity to REALLY slam him!)
I replied to gb9 in post #260 and I made the following comment:InSpiritInTruth said:And again, we see the same old personal attacks and false accusations over and over again, saying that I claim this, or that I said that. Where did I claim all these things that mine accusers constantly say I have said? Where is the proof of all these false accusations? I ask for proof from all of them, but none is ever given. Is this not slander and malice on their part? So I will give you the same courtesy I have given all my other false accusers, please show us all where I have said I have reached "spiritual perfection" as you just said in the above.
Rather than imply I am reprobate, why don't you tell me what you find so annoying about my comment in post #323:InSpiritInTruth said:I said this earlier in the thread, and I'll post it again because it has been the case whenever I hold fast to the words of God that expose the false sayings and false doctrines of men. Attacking the messenger is their common defense....What I find very telling, often when I speak out against sin and for Jesus Christ being able to actually set a believer free from sin, somehow the enemies of God's Word try to attack me personally and try to make me a sinner and a liar like them, as if this will somehow prove the words of God wrong. This shows what spirit these reprobates are truly of, they want a god made in their own image. I guess Joseph Prince fits the bill for them.
reneweddaybyday said:It is in putting on the Lord Jesus Christ that we are able to overcome the lusts of our flesh (Romans 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof). It is His strength we are infused with in overcoming the weakness of our flesh.
Silence speaks louder than words.
Downloaded mine yesterday of DTR. And yes, I'm reading it. And yes, it is golden. When ISIT is done, I'll have a go at it.![]()
The two highlighted comments you wrote appose each other.
If you can not keep salvation by earning it, then you can never lose it, If you can lose it, Whatever you did (or did not do) which caused you to lose it, was a price you had to pay to earn it.
So prove I am wrong,
I don't think I will have enough time in this lifetime to cover all the false doctrine contained in his books, so have at it.[/QUOTE]That..... wasn't quite what I meant. I meant CC done.
I don't think I will have enough time in this lifetime to cover all the false doctrine contained in his books, so have at it.[/QUOTE]That..... wasn't quite what I meant. I meant CC done.
Oh, well that will probably come sooner, Lord willing of course.![]()
Downloaded mine yesterday of DTR. And yes, I'm reading it. And yes, it is golden. When ISIT is done, I'll have a go at it.![]()
I don't think I will have enough time in this lifetime to cover all the false doctrine contained in his books, so have at it.![]()
OK! You are entitled to your opinion. You can disagree with me (and you can disagree vehemently!) and that is OK!
I also have my opinion. And I believe in my opinion very deeply as well.
I grew up being taught and believing myself that anyone who taught or believed in "once saved always saved" also believed that it did not matter how you lived - discipleship and good works were unimportant and don't matter - go out and live in sin because you will get to heaven anyway!
After some wrestling and disputing on this site and in person with people who believe in OSAS I have found that it is not this easy. Not everyone who believes in OSAS believes it does not matter how you live. In fact, some of you on this site who believe in OSAS faithfully teach (and I believe practice) a holy disciplined Godly life.
I quit saying that everyone who believes in OSAS "doesn't care about sinning and just cares about getting to heaven!" Now, I still believe that this is a very real danger with believing OSAS! If someone really believes OSAS is true, it can lead to them thinking it doesn't really matter how they live!
Now, here is my point! You look at someone who does not believe in OSAS and immediately believe that they depend on works and think they must earn their salvation. Is this a danger with this view? YES! I grew up in an environment that taught and believed and lived that works are what keep you saved! And oh the problems this causes! Dead people who dress right, look right, but inside are hypocrites!
But I don't believe that works keep a person saved.
I do not believe that I earn my initial salvation and I do not believe that I earn my sanctification.
I hear you saying that I believe something that is exactly the opposite of what I believe!
I think that these two statements/accusations are equally useless and unbiblical:
(1) Someone who believes in OSAS does not believe in discipleship and believes it is OK to live a life of sin
(2) Someone who does not believe in OSAS believes that salvation is kept by works and by earning it.
Listen - I am not saying we should not debate and wrestle deeply over this issue of salvation and the gift of eternal life and how it comes to us and what it means! Yes, let's look at what Scripture says and talk ("dispute" as KJV Acts 15 says!). But my point here is that using the two accusations above as blanket statements does not help.
I see these two statements used quite a bit on this forum and I think it doesn't help anything at all!
So, if/when we say you do sin, we're not making stuff up ... or lying ... or falsely accusing?InSpiritInTruth said:So just make stuff up about me then, is that how you liars and false accusers justify your lies and false accusations??? I am still waiting for proof from both you and them of what I am accused of saying IN MY OWN WORDS...Will be waiting but I know the proof will never come because I never said the things I am constantly accused of. Have a nice day.
reneweddaybyday said:It is in putting on the Lord Jesus Christ that we are able to overcome the lusts of our flesh (Romans 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof). It is His strength we are infused with in overcoming the weakness of our flesh.