Do you still sin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Really you are not in the flesh?

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Nope, neither are you.

Romans 8
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

E

EleventhHour

Another redeeming quality is that I, like you, am washed by the blood of Jesus Christ. 😎
This whole discussion is pretty easily solved, scripture is clear.

Jesus within us is sinless... we as humans still here on earth .....still sin.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
You said this: "Truly, born again believers are NOT sinners anymore." Perhaps you can explain to all of us here why the Apostle John said the following? "My little children, I am writing these things to you that you may not sin. AND if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteousness.

vs2, and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world. 1 John 1:1-2. Now look at 1 John 3:9, "No one who is born of God PRACTICES sin, because (or why?) His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

The point is the fact that born again Chritians still commit sin but does not make a practice of sin. There is a saying that says, "If you don't HATE sin there is something wrong with your Christianity." Running around and telling everybody, "I don't sin anymore" is a false message, especially for babes in Christ. So yes, "POSITIONALLY" we are seated with Christ but while were in these wretched bodies we still commit sin.

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
No, I disagree. We stumble in our flesh if we are NOT filled with the Holy Spirit, but we do not sin because the penalty of sin is Death. We're learning HOW to WALK by the Spirit. We are NOT sinning. We're in Christ.

Wrongfully, many Christians try to obey God with their own strength - they wrestle with their flesh. That is so draining and not necessary.

We need to stir up the Gift of the Holy Spirit that is within us as a true born again believer and by so doing, we will NOT fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Romans 7:14 ¶ For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

As long as you abide in the body of flesh you will yield to its lusts and temptations. The first person you deceive is yourself. Paul was not immune to the weakness of the flesh. If you think you are not sinning you simply are not close enough to Christ to see how sinful you are.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Oh Roger, we meet again. :giggle::love:

The sin that dwelt inside Paul was his carnal flesh. That hasn't changed. We all must deal with our flesh, but we are NOT sinners anymore held captive and blinded by Satan. We now, with the Gift of the Holy Spirit by which we are sealed, baptized and filled with, can have dominion over our flesh and learn to walk by the Spirit.

Who delivered Paul? Who delivers us? Paul was realizing that even though he was born again of the Spirit of God and a true believer, he still had his "flesh/carnality" to contend with because loving God is STILL a choice - every day. We have salvation with Yeshua/Jesus Christ, but to choose God's Will - we have to choose to love God.

We have to STAY FILLED with the Holy Spirit - stirring up the Gift by singing songs in our hearts to God, reading, studying, meditating on God's Word, talking to God in prayer or just throughout the day.....:love:

We are NO LONGER sinners. We are children of the Most High God learning how to walk. :love:

Verse 17...remember, the believer is no longer in the flesh. We’ve been circumcised away from the flesh.
We still contend with our flesh but, it's so easy to not fulfill the lusts of the flesh if we are FILLED with the Spirit.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I have to go, but I will return and respond to all your posts! Much love to all of you! :love:(y)

NOV25

Nov 23, 2019
Oh nooo, you dedicated a thread to this topic? lol @Lafftur They're going to tear you to shreds. 😬

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Nope, neither are you.

Romans 8
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
We have this treasure in earthen vessels.

The dual nature of man . Saved in Christ yet sojourning in the body of flesh. Quite the situation as Paul opines in Romans 7. Seated together with Christ yet living here to serve Him until the day of redemption.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

G

G2RBeliever

James 4:17 " Therefore to him that KNOWETH to do good,and DOETH IT NOT,to him it is sin".

1 Samuel 15:23 For REBELLION is as the sin of witchcraft,and STUBBORNESS is an iniquity and idolatry..........

Hebrews 13:21 Make you perfect in EVERY GOOD WORK to do HIS will,working in you that which is wellpleasing in His sight,through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Romans 4:7 Saying,Blessed are THEY whose inequities are forgiven,and whose sins ARE COVERED.

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
Born again believers, while they may occasionally stumble into a sin are not classified as sinners in the eyes of God because Jesus paid the price for their sins. The OP is right on target.
Did you not read what I said here? "So yes, "POSITIONALLY" we are seated with Christ but while were in these wretched bodies we still commit sin." What's so hard about that to understand? What she posted leaves the impression that she's not a sinner. That is what I was pointing out to the viewers. So what did I say that's not true?

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Did you not read what I said here? "So yes, "POSITIONALLY" we are seated with Christ but while were in these wretched bodies we still commit sin." What's so hard about that to understand? What she posted leaves the impression that she's not a sinner. That is what I was pointing out to the viewers. So what did I say that's not true?

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
The thing is, we are family here and I am quite familiar with the OP from her extensive post history, forum decorum and how she treats other members. I was under no impression that she was implying that she was not a sinner but rather that Jesus has paid the price for her sins, past, present, and future and in the eyes of God she has been cleansed with the precious blood of Jesus and in the eyes of God she is as white as snow and she no longer was classified as a sinner.

You said nothing false at all, and yes, while in these wretched bodies we still commit an occasional sin. I believe that Paul experienced the same thing too as he though that he was a wretched sinner. He prayed 3 times for God to remove the thorn in his flesh and that thorn may have been a sin problem he was struggling with. God said that His grace was sufficient. It is sufficient for us a well.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
We have this treasure in earthen vessels.

The dual nature of man . Saved in Christ yet sojourning in the body of flesh. Quite the situation as Paul opines in Romans 7. Seated together with Christ yet living here to serve Him until the day of redemption.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Amen, but we’re not in the flesh. Our souls are no longer attached.

G

G2RBeliever

Job 13:23 How many are mine iniquities and sins? make me to KNOW my transgressions and my sin.

My Proverbs 28:13 He that COVERETH his sins shall NOT prosper: but whoso CONFESSETH and FORSAKETH them shall HAVE MERCY.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
I may be splitting hairs but I think there can be two definitions of "sinner":

1. One who stands condemned because he/she has not accepted Christ's work in atoning for sins, a lost person.

2. One who commits sin, whether that person is lost or saved.

I think the OP is saying that because she has Christ, she no longer stands condemned before God.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Born again believers, while they may occasionally stumble into a sin are not classified as sinners in the eyes of God because Jesus paid the price for their sins. The OP is right on target.
Correct, however even born again believers who are more than occasional stumbler’s are part of the body of Christ and have eternal salvation. The OP openly stated that such people belong to Satan. That is categorically incorrect.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
For those of us like me who have no idea what "semantics" means:

Semantics is the study of meaning in language. It can be applied to entire texts or to single words. For example, "destination" and "last stop" technically mean the same thing, but students of semantics analyze their subtle shades of meaning.
In your case semantics means you were making an excuse for being a sinner but proclaiming yourself not to be a sinner.