Do you want the truth? Here is the truth about eschatology

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

UnderGrace

(Luke 23:28 But Jesus, turning to them, said, “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for Me, but weep for yourselves and for your children. )
I think this is such a powerful section, as Jesus was being led away after seeing Pilate and woman were crying He turns and tells them exactly what is about to happen.

The days are coming..... plain as day!!

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011

7seasrekeyed

lol, look at post #181-182 then look at the questions in the first 2-3 pages of the thread. Why is that me nor DC(maybe others) are "pre trib." and neither you nor delirious see that and are debating us a if we are all pre-trib.

it's the programming

one word out of sync and your preterist will offer a reason as to why you made them say something that causes a hiccup

this is the kingdom after all and nothing can go wrong

nothing can go wrong

nothing can go wrong

nothing can go wrong

7seasrekeyed

Well, if you do a deep study of Mr. Scofield and John Darby and how they developed their commentaries and why .. that would be my reference for piecemealed

so there we have it

a piecemeal explanation of a study of why something is piecemealed

it's really called disinformation

or alternatively, 'quick make something up'

7seasrekeyed

Hilariously sad...the end came and went in 70 A.D.....one hell of a Kingdom we are in now....2000 years of death, misery, war, disease, rise of evil, famines and the world going to hell in a hand basket....Jesus must have failed in his mission, the bible must be a joke because this is nothing like what was described to happen at the end of the age.....but hey....time marches on in this Kingdom of God on earth hey!!!
something about the blind leading the blind I seem to recall :unsure:

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
it's the programming

one word out of sync and your preterist will offer a reason as to why you made them say something that causes a hiccup

this is the kingdom after all and nothing can go wrong

nothing can go wrong

nothing can go wrong

nothing can go wrong

Sometimes it's how the story is presented that makes it sound correct at first. In the old days they would say "I dare anyone read Josephus and say it is not all fulfilled". After a while it became apparent that the vast majority were following the one line quotes from Josephus but had never read it for their own selves. Now it's as though those who quoted the old one liners don't want to talk about it.

7seasrekeyed

Sometimes it's how the story is presented that makes it sound correct at first. In the old days they would say "I dare anyone read Josephus and say it is not all fulfilled". After a while it became apparent that the vast majority were following the one line quotes from Josephus but had never read it for their own selves. Now it's as though those who quoted the old one liners don't want to talk about it.

that's a thick book

only read parts myself...looks impressive in my bookshelf ;)

what's that line? it's all in the delivery?

I read certain things here from certain people (one in particular) and I know they are copying what they read, translating into
the common lingo and trying to sound knowledgeable

you cannot feign an actual education let alone knowledge or historical facts

to say we are living in the kingdom is so ignorant there are no words for it

really

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Here is the REAL TRUTH about eschatology:

Everyone on CC will KEEP ARGUING until either the Lord returns, or they all die of old age.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Much evidence to the opposite.
These words by the angel are very key:

Rev 14:
13And I heard a voice from heaven telling me to write, “Blessed are the dead—those who die in the Lord from this moment on.”

“Yes,” says the Spirit, “they will rest from their labors, for their deeds will follow them.”

I do believe it is at this very moment that the end times begun but the end times does not just start and stop, it is all the way until the end of age so even at this moment, those that are dying in the Lord today are blessed and they have overcome the antichrist as the rest of the chapter is saying.

That very moment, when John wrote those words, he was not in Jerusalem, he was in an island called Patmos probably because of persecution/tribulation. John continues to describe everything to the very end including how satan will finally be overcome.

So it is not possible that he was describing what was to happen in 70AD only and it was not possible that his writing were directed at Jerusalem dwellers only when he himself was not even in Jerusalem.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
that's a thick book

only read parts myself...looks impressive in my bookshelf ;)

what's that line? it's all in the delivery?

I read certain things here from certain people (one in particular) and I know they are copying what they read, translating into
the common lingo and trying to sound knowledgeable

you cannot feign an actual education let alone knowledge or historical facts

to say we are living in the kingdom is so ignorant there are no words for it

really

lol, to be fair though after the www took off I've seen famous misquotes repeated from both sides without checking the facts. It just makes it more complicated to understand regardless to the side who did so though.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Here is the REAL TRUTH about eschatology:

Everyone on CC will KEEP ARGUING until either the Lord returns, or they all die of old age.

lol, I just hope we all scratch our heads and try to figure it out together,though in my 80's I could be guilty of the latter.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
lol, I just hope we all scratch our heads and try to figure it out together,though in my 80's I could be guilty of the latter.
I think it's fine to debate these issues.
It's healthy.

But since eschatology has been a contentious issue since FOREVER, we should just try to debate it respectfully.

Most of the people in this thread have been pretty calm and collected, yourself included.
On the other hand... when I'm 80 I just may not have the energy to get angry on a debate forum.
So... maybe you're a really nice guy... and maybe you're just tired.
:)

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
I think it's fine to debate these issues.
It's healthy.

But since eschatology has been a contentious issue since FOREVER, we should just try to debate it respectfully.

Most of the people in this thread have been pretty calm and collected, yourself included.
On the other hand... when I'm 80 I just may not have the energy to get angry on a debate forum.
So... maybe you're a really nice guy... and maybe you're just tired.
:)

I look at it this way,us being the temple of the Holy Spirit then which ever fruit I lay down is what I offer to God. And I would not want you to say to God I had offered an evil offering to him at the temple of God at mawel. I hope not to become tired in that.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I look at it this way,us being the temple of the Holy Spirit then which ever fruit I lay down is what I offer to God. And I would not want you to say to God I had offered an evil offering to him at the temple of God at mawel. I hope not to become tired in that.
Wow... the temple of Maxwell...

I think that, by general consensus, that would be the temple where you find the crazy people, lol.

Anyway, I've just been feeling silly tonight and teasing everyone.
Keep up the good work in the debate threads; it's very health for all of us to have polite but meaningful debate.
It challenges us to both think more deeply, and to interact more circumspectly.

God Bless,
Max

Dec 12, 2013
To hell in a hand basket? This is one of the big problems with futurist eschatologies today. The world is a horribly evil place and we need to be rescued. No we don't. There is so much good in this world. Yeah, bad happens too. The world has always been that way.
The above quote proves you are not of God and not biblical.....it also rejects the inspired word of God about the condition of the world and where the world is headed.....

Dec 12, 2013
something about the blind leading the blind I seem to recall :unsure:
And they both just threw the lot in with---> The world is good and does not need to be rescued.....I would say the bible begs to differ....The view that the world is good and does not need rescuing is as Satanic as can be in scope.....

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Please read these verses and tell me what they all have in common:

Matt 10:23, Matt 16:27-28, Matt 24:34, Mark 8:38-9:1, Mark 13:30, Luke 9:26-27, Luke 21:31-32, 1 Peter 4:7, James 5:8, 1 John 2:18, Rev 1:1, Rev 1:3, Rev 22:6, Rev 22:7, Rev 22:10, Rev 22:12, Rev 22:20.

Then we have these verses that use the Greek word "mello" (G3195 Strong's Concordance) in the present infinitive which always implies IMMINENCE. The word is often translated "will" in English because of the translators false presuppositions. It should be translated in English "about to". The verses are:

Rev 1:19, Acts 17:31, Acts 24:15, 2 Timothy 4:1, 1 Peter 5:1, James 2:12, Heb 10:27, Acts 28:6

Then you have Daniel. He is given a 70 weeks prophecy for his people and his city (Dan 9:24). Daniel Chapters 10-12 give details about that 70 weeks. At the end of that 70 weeks in Daniel 12 we find this:

Daniel 12:4, "seal up the book until the time of the end" Revelation 22:10 says, "Don't seal for the time is at hand"

Daniel 12:7, "when the power of the holy people is completely shattered all will be fulfilled" This occurred with the destruction of the temple in 70 AD.

Daniel 12:13, Daniel is told he will rise to his inheritance at the end of the days (see also Matt 25:34). Jesus said all who believed in Him He would raise on the last day (John 6:39,40,44,54) This was the last day of old covenant Israel in 70 AD and is what Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy is about. His people and their city.

And finally...Matt 5:17-18. Make sure you read that with Luke 21:22. Jesus came to fulfill everything written in the Law and Prophets. When all was fulfilled it would pass away. The book of Hebrews, written in the 60's AD, says the law was "ready to pass away" (Heb 8:13).

Jesus said not one jot or tittle could pass until everything was accomplished. This happened with the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple and the end of old covenant Israel. We have been living in the new heavens and earth (not a physical place) for 2,000 years. God bless you.
The full Preterist interpretation of eschatology fails to take into account the fact that the Temple and City were desecrated/destroyed
twice before the AD70 destruction by the Babylonians and the Seleucids. In both cases Israel was restored. You may notice that
its happening again. The prophecies often have more that one application. The Bible consists of types and symbols that lead to
a culmination of events bringing about the new heavens and earth. I'm not denying that the events of AD70 were not an important
part of the process and were prophesied by Jesus. But to squeeze everything into that one period takes a remarkable feat of manipulation and a huge amount of misplaced faith in the writings and studies of others.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
The above quote proves you are not of God and not biblical.....it also rejects the inspired word of God about the condition of the world and where the world is headed.....
We have an Opticians advert here in the UK where people do ridiculous things because they have the wrong glasses'
It ends with ''You should have gone to Specsavers'' It reminds me of some on sight who seem to have chosen the wrong lenses
when they read the Bible.