Does he like me or is he just being a gentleman?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

spunkycat08

Dec 7, 2013
OP:

If I was you, the next time I saw him, I would ask him exactly what the 2 of you are and then leave I would leave the ball in his court.

D

Dott

Seek God
He will give you an answer regarding the relationship; make sure the 2 of you are equally yoked in Christian principles

Apr 30, 2016
I guess I've found my answer. Tonight as we were conversing he called me a good friend :/.

spunkycat08

Dec 7, 2013
That is a bummer.

The sad thing is that this reminds me of the guy a female friend of my husband is interested in and wants to date.

He acts the same way the OP's male friend does.

She wants more than friendship, and she wants to slowly convince him to want to date her.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I guess I've found my answer. Tonight as we were conversing he called me a good friend :/.
i remember the feels. when in high school, i had a big crush on a close friend. one day, he told me i reminded him of his sister. i was like ouuuuuuuch.

i wish i had good advice to give you. i say continue to be his friend. continue to get to know him. that's just my opinion though :)

C

crosstweed

I think I would ask him to clarify his intentions and where this relationship is going, even though he seems to have friendzoned you.

Referring to you as a good friend means different things to different people and whether or not you end up being just friends or something more, asking him to please clarify will save you doubts and questions, and encourage good communication in your relationship regardless of which direction it takes.

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
I am really sorry for you. This is crushing. I am a guy who holds the door open for all my girl friends. I treat them all nicely and I think the guy you are talking of, is just like me.

Please don't question him any further or ask him to "define the relationship". The guy is a gentleman and he treats all women well. Enjoy the friendship with such a guy, for such people are hard to find. :)

T

Tintin

Boundless are good, up to a point.
I often get the impression that they think that if there are say two Christians of the opposite sex in a room, they should be able to marry each other. Also, they seem to think everyone has plenty of prospects or is a lazy ass sod when it comes to seeking.

T

Tintin

I am really sorry for you. This is crushing. I am a guy who holds the door open for all my girl friends. I treat them all nicely and I think the guy you are talking of, is just like me.

Please don't question him any further or ask him to "define the relationship". The guy is a gentleman and he treats all women well. Enjoy the friendship with such a guy, for such people are hard to find. :)
Brother, I do the same thing as you, but this sounded like more than just helping out in little ways. This guy really seemed to me like he was into her.

Apr 30, 2016

Do you take them out to dinners one on one and pay for their food a lot?

Mar 2, 2016
Flirting is a sin? What are you...a hutterite? Lol

Mar 2, 2016
Hutterite? What is that - a devout follower of Jabba the Hutt?
They live on colonies here in Montana. I think mating consists of have a sheet placed between the couple so there is minimal skin contact.

T

Tintin

They live on colonies here in Montana. I think mating consists of have a sheet placed between the couple so there is minimal skin contact.
Hahahahahahahaha! Classic. Love it, brother!

Nice_Lady

May 13, 2014
Do you take them out to dinners one on one and pay for their food a lot?
I hate when a man expect a lady to pay the bill or "share" the payment. Am i supposed to earn same (so that we "share" payment) or more (so that i pay the bill)?? If he is mentally or phisically weak (so that he is not able to earn more than just for himself) - let him stay alone. Who cares?

Mar 2, 2016
I hate when a man expect a lady to pay the bill or "share" the payment. Am i supposed to earn same (so that we "share" payment) or more (so that i pay the bill)?? If he is mentally or phisically weak (so that he is not able to earn more than just for himself) - let him stay alone. Who cares?

Well maybe if you'd let him flirt with you a little he would pay the bill. Lol

Nice_Lady

May 13, 2014
This is what i call low standards -firting is not sin and virtual sex is not sex.