Elect according to the foreknowledge of God. 1 Peter 1:2

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
The way you interpret things, a person cannot be saved until the final gun, because Paul says we will be saved ( future tense) by Christ’s life.
Do you hold to " we have to endure till the end to be saved ' ? I don't. Rom 5.10 is saying we are saved by his life . If Jesus reconciled the whole world through his death , how much more being reconciled we are saved by his life . Because of the faulty understanding of ' Elected to be saved ' Predestined to be saved ' limited / unlimited atonement nonsense people can't read what the bible actually says, about what actually saves . Because it doesn't fit the paradigm .

E

eternally-gratefull

Yep, we are called sons after the new birth, and yet, we are waiting on the adoption. That’s scripture not slander.
We can’t be sons unless we were adopted.
we have been adopted, we have the spirit of adoption and we will be adopted

its all over the gospel message

E

eternally-gratefull

Do you hold to " we have to endure till the end to be saved ' ? I don't. Rom 5.10 is saying we are saved by his life . If Jesus reconciled the whole world through his death , how much more being reconciled we are saved by his life . Because of the faulty understanding of ' Elected to be saved ' Predestined to be saved ' limited / unlimited atonement nonsense people can't read what the bible actually says, about what actually saves . Because it doesn't fit the paradigm .
More slander because you are incapable of hearing anything anyone says

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
You don’t understand the dual aspect of adoption. Do you inderstand the dual aspect of other things like sanctification?
The paradigm you have . ' we were elected to be saved before we existed ' is how your then interpreting the verses . If you come at the verses without the presupposition you should see what were saying.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
We can’t be sons unless we were adopted.
we have been adopted, we have the spirit of adoption and we will be adopted

its all over the gospel message
Logic not scripture...yes, we the spirit of adoption which only means we have not been adopted yet. The Spirit seals us for the adoption which is the redemption of the body.

E

eternally-gratefull

Logic not scripture...yes, we the spirit of adoption which only means we have not been adopted yet. The Spirit seals us for the adoption which is the redemption of the body.
Yawn

good day sir.

confess your sin to God, you do not have to worry about me,

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Your private interpretation reads into the verse, he chose us to be in Christ. That’s not there, neither is the context “us” but rather in Christ, in him, in the beloved. The heavenly blessings are in found Christ and given to us in him.
It says He chose us in Him. What translation are you using, Hoss?

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Your private interpretation reads into the verse, he chose us to be in Christ. That’s not there, neither is the context “us” but rather in Christ, in him, in the beloved. The heavenly blessings are in found Christ and given to us in him.
I didn’t say He chose us to be in Christ. You’re putting words in my mouth.

The text says He chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world.

E

eternally-gratefull

I didn’t say He chose us to be in Christ. You’re putting words in my mouth.

The text says He chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world.
I have to laugh, they keep doing it

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
God predestinated who? Us, in him, in the beloved. We who are in Christ have been predestinated unto the adoption which is the redemption of the body.

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
Verse 5 is connected to verse four and having predestinated is an aorist participle and again it is connected to verse 4 which days we were chosen in Him.

I’m not interpreting it, Hoss, I’m just quoting the verse. Maybe since I’m accurately quoting it, and you think I’m interpreting it, maybe you’re the one who’s interpreting it and dont realize it.

E

eternally-gratefull

Well King Jimmy agrees with me. King Jimmy reads “ Having chosen is in Him before the foundation of the world
Yep, chosen US.. induvidual, who have recieved the inheritance

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Rom 5.10 ? We are saved by his life . Thats also clear. Without the resurrection, no new birth .
Are you saved? Because Romans 5:10 mentions a future aspect of salvation just like Romans 8 mentions a future aspect of adoption.

E

eternally-gratefull

So Ephesians 1:4 is completely cut off from Ephesians 1:5:LOL:
They forget the origional autographs had no verse separations, mankind seperated the letters into chapter/verse form

E

eternally-gratefull

Are you saved? Because Romans 5:10 mentions a future aspect of salvation just like Romans 8 mentions a future aspect of adoption.
Yes, I have been saying this also.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
If the fact that Romans 8 stating a future aspect of adoption necessarily means we are not yet adopted, then it necessarily follows that the future aspect of salvation in Romans 5 means we’re not saved yet

Nice logic, Hoss.

Coffin nail, baby. Your argument is a lead balloon.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
There is a dual aspect of adoption. A past aspect and a future aspect. There is also a future aspect to salvation, yet we are already saved. Romans 5:9-10

Ruminate on that.