Fatherless Boys,Is it the Problem?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kaylagrl

Just a quick article to chew on.I didn't know these stats and I wanted to know what others thought after reading the article.

[FONT=&quot]72 percent of adolescent murderers grew up without fathers; the same for 60 percent of all rapists.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]70 percent of juveniles in state institutions grew up in single- or no-parent situations[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The number of single-parent households is a good predictor of violent crime in a community, while poverty rate is not.

https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/will-guts-link-fatherlessness-school-shootings/
[/FONT]

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Yep, and we have a society that celebrates fatherless homes.

K

kaylagrl

Yep, and we have a society that celebrates fatherless homes.
Exactly! Also a society that is emasculating boys,making them more feminine.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Exactly! Also a society that is emasculating boys,making them more feminine.
I'm a man, and testosterone oozes from my pores. I eat bacon everyday and I fear not the egg yolk. I love to fight, and I'm not affraid to admit it.
This generation behind be is a bunch crybabies that can't live life without being a victim.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
My dad missing in my life did and does have negative consequences in my life. It shows more and more the older I get.
Its sad and im not a guy

A

AuntieAnt

One great solution is for us as Christians to reach out to those children we know come from single-parent homes, invite them to church and into our lives and surround them with family love and support. And also befriend and encourage the single parents who are raising these children. BEFORE it develops into dysfunction and disaster.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The article is brief, and presents just a few statistics to provide a foundation for the argument that fatherlessness is "the" problem. Frankly, it doesn't go deep enough. Fatherless homes by themselves are not the root of the problem. I don't think I need to preach to this choir though. :)

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
The vast majority of problems I'm dealing with, come out of fatherless homes.

K

kaylagrl

The article is brief, and presents just a few statistics to provide a foundation for the argument that fatherlessness is "the" problem. Frankly, it doesn't go deep enough. Fatherless homes by themselves are not the root of the problem. I don't think I need to preach to this choir though. :)

I do believe its a big piece to the puzzle though.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com

72 percent of adolescent murderers grew up without fathers; the same for 60 percent of all rapists.70 percent of juveniles in state institutions grew up in single- or no-parent situations
The number of single-parent households is a good predictor of violent crime in a community, while poverty rate is not.
This gives us some idea as to why Satan and his little
helpers put so much effort into destroying the institutions of marriage
and heterosexual family life -

Dec 28, 2016
Wow, grew up with no dad, was abandoned as a teen to the streets. I haven't thought about killing, raping or other crimes. In fact, all that happened to me was ordained by God, and I am thankful for all of it, it taught me how to survive, fight, get off the streets, work, get to college, and then Christ found me.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
11 My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD;
neither be weary of his correction:
12 For whom the LORD loves he corrects; even as a father the son
in whom he delights.
Proverbs 3:

5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaks unto you
as unto children, my son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord,
nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
6 For whom the Lord loves he chastens, and scourges every son
whom he receives.
7 If ye endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son
is he whom the father chastens not?
Hebrews 12:

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

I do believe its a big piece to the puzzle though.
I don't disagree. However, the solution to that is not anything any current or near-future government is willing to tackle. The financial incentives for unwed mothers are too sacred. The simple (and most preventive) method of teaching and incentivizing abstinence is socially unacceptable. The promotion of marriage as the foundation for healthy society is simply unthinkable. Identifying "fatherlessness" as the cause of problems divorces the symptoms from the actual disease. Attempting to treat it in isolation will likely lead to more problems (and more social welfare programs on the public dole).

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Not to derail the thread, but another issue is that dads by and large are looked upon with scorn and pity and are seen as "glorified babysitters".

Women were told ad nauseum that they didn't need men (that whole fish and bicycle thing), and by extension, mothers didn't need fathers to help raise their children. Then came the slippery slope.................

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
My father died 6 months before I was born. I was raised in the ghetto of Watts (L.A.) and my family was somewhat dysfunctional. We kind of raised ourselves in two homes. The we being my aunts, uncles, cousins and brothers. We cared for each other and stuck together throughout life. I also was adopted by my Hispanic best friend's family which helped a lot. I give the glory to God that I turned out okay. I sought Him from 12 to 14 years of age. He didn't call me then, but the Word of God changed my life and gave it direction.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
I truly believe that the absence of a good moral father
can be replaced by becoming a son or daughter of God
our Father, through his son Jesus Christ.

I have heard and read many many testimonies of converts
coming from dysfunctional unGodly backgrounds and being wonderfully
transformed into being a loving parent in a Christian family.
It is what Jesus is all about.

M

Miri

I was brought up in foster care, fostered by my aunt, there was no male role
model in my life.

I think the absence of a good mother and a good father impacts both on girls and
boys. They get a distorted view of a functional family life. I’ve read as well that children
born into single parent families are less likely to get married or have a balanced view of
love between a man and a woman.

Before my aunt became a Christian she emphasised a lot that men only wanted one thing for
example.

I think as well that families with both parents in place which are disfunctional, abusive,
violent will also cause just as many problems for children. They grow up bitter with violence.

Lets face it, everyone needs Jesus.

I agree that in the future there will be massive problems for children brought up with two
mothers or two fathers who are encouraged to be whatever gender they want. Talk
about an up and coming identity crises or what. I wonder if this particular change in
society signifies the last days and the oncoming rebellion as it spreads.