Favourite Books in the Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
Abing, I'm glad you have a new found appreciation for some of the more dry and difficult parts of the Bible. I'm still getting there, but I do like the last three books of the Pentateuch more than I used to. I bought a crazy-good commentary on Leviticus (below). It should clear things up a bit more for me. I'd love to read a book on the symbolism of the Tabernacle and also of King Solomon's Temple.

View attachment 163731
That would be interesting! I wanna know about the symbolism too. I'm barely scratching the surface. The recent study I had was about the specifics of building the Ark (Noah) and how it relates to Jesus in the new testament.

I'm getting a 6-DVD set on the study of high priest garments this weekend as a gift for my mom and also to get me started for next year's bible study.

When are you starting this book? I'd love to hear about it.

T

Tintin

That would be interesting! I wanna know about the symbolism too. I'm barely scratching the surface. The recent study I had was about the specifics of building the Ark (Noah) and how it relates to Jesus in the new testament.

I'm getting a 6-DVD set on the study of high priest garments this weekend as a gift for my mom and also to get me started for next year's bible study.

When are you starting this book? I'd love to hear about it.
Oooh! That's so cool, Abing. A 6-DVD study set on the high priest garments sounds pretty comprehensive. Good on you, sis. I'm probably going to start the Leviticus book a little after Christmas (maybe early January). We'll see how I go. :)

Look what I found!

51ku9Ppco0L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/Temple-Solomon-Glory-Displayed-Through/dp/0914936964

51O0oFQ6gPL._SX343_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/Tabernacle-Moses-Riches-Redemptions-Revealed/dp/091493693X

Last edited by a moderator:

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
I like every book, it's God's Word, but Colossians is my favorite- basically everything in a nutshell. I like John and Genesis also. My daughter's favorite is Revelation. Lamentations is my least favorite- just when I thought I've seen the worst of evil, I read about parents cooking and eating their own children- that is the hardest evil I could ever fathom, I would rather die. Never in a million zillion years would I ever do such a thing!

John146

Jan 13, 2016
1 & 2 Corinthians - Constantly corrects me, reproves me, and instructs me in righteousness.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
In the OT it would be Ruth, Esther,Daniel (Love the chapter written by Nebuchadnezzar!) Although my favorite story is Balaam's donkey talking, and the fact that Balaam is so mad at her that he doesn't even realize he's talking to a donkey!

NT would be all the books written by John incl. Rev.

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
Oooh! That's so cool, Abing. A 6-DVD study set on the high priest garments sounds pretty comprehensive. Good on you, sis. I'm probably going to start the Leviticus book a little after Christmas (maybe early January). We'll see how I go. :)

Look what I found!

View attachment 163753
https://www.amazon.com/Temple-Solomon-Glory-Displayed-Through/dp/0914936964

View attachment 163751
https://www.amazon.com/Tabernacle-Moses-Riches-Redemptions-Revealed/dp/091493693X

Nice! I will have to ask you about the tabernacle of Moses, Redemption Story when you finish reading it! It sounds really interesting. I'm not very familiar with the temple of Solomon. You know, I read like a snail xD

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
Humm favorite books in the Bible?
Well here are mine in no particular order.
Mathew ,Job, Exodus, Acts, Romans , Psalms.
There is no book that I dislike or shun . The above are just my favorites.
Blessings
Bill