FLAT EARTH

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
l am new member on this dating site and l am Here Looking for a man of my life and who will love me in all ways and ready I will be glad if you can take a chance and email me as well to text me on this number 9193555235 or add me on hangouts here [email protected]
Probably not wise to give out personal info unless you really know the member. This is not a dating site although there have been few marriages and relationships as a result of the members getting to know each other primarily at first from their post history. I would really be very careful if someone decided to take you up on your offer without even knowing you at all. Regardless, glad to have you onboard with us. You might consider creating your own thread in the New Members Forum as this is a conspiracy forum pertaining to flat earth. You would get a lot more attention with your own thread. Welcome to CC.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
In the Flat Earth model, the earth is never between the sun and the moon.

The sun and moon both "circle overhead" the flat surface of the earth.
Ah well, i forgot about that, my bad... I haven't looked at flat earth theory for a while...
And im just realizing that ur a flat earther too, ok... Excuse my sarcasm in a few earlier posts...

I gave flat earth some healthy consideration. U know what had me thinking for a while, crepuscular rays. Its a very convincing argument but scientifically wrong, perspective is why the rays look like that

U must be getting bombed by heaps of people but i have to ask some questions.... How long it would take to fly from Sydney, Australia to Santiago, Chile? The numbers don't add up...

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Your diagrams don't explain a selenelion - a lunar eclipse with both sun and moon visible at the same time. There's quite a bit heliocentricity doesn't explain, but that's ignored because it's the favoured paradigm. Science should be honest.
For the sake of the point i was trying to make solar and lunar eclipses was all that was needed.
But I never heard if that. Selenelion. Im trying to understand how that would even be possible...
I think the sun would have to be low on the horizon and the moon also low on the opposite horizon...

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Your diagrams don't explain a selenelion - a lunar eclipse with both sun and moon visible at the same time. There's quite a bit heliocentricity doesn't explain, but that's ignored because it's the favoured paradigm. Science should be honest.
Ah here we go... Confirmed...

bandicam 2020-08-14 12-28-18-737.jpg

@GaryA and @Moses_Young. So both u guys are flat earthers, im open to theories and will give them a fair hearing... Im not one to take the word of authority as infallible, im quite a skeptical person. Eg im skeptical about the moon landings.

Like i said in the previous post i gave it a real hard look at a few years back. A few factors made me not accept the flat earth theory but the deciding factor was the fact i could catch a plane from Sydney to Santiago non stop and in a time that defies the flat earth model...

I live in Australia and know people that have gone to South America so there is no question about it in my eyes
My ears are open but unless that flight can be explained it will be almost impossible to convince me otherwise.

Also how do u explain these eclipses in the flat earth model?

Also what is the motivation? To hide God? It doesn't do that but... Most God believers adhere to the heliocentric theory.
So im struggling to see a motivation

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Ah i managed to find the video that convinced me that crepuscular rays aren't parallel because of our perspective...

Also i have to ask... How??? How could a lie this big keep going for so long. How could so many people and so many cultures keep such a secret, from the 16th century navigators to todays governments... How? And how could the predictions of all these navigators and scientists be accounted for as they were calculatued using the heliocentric model... There is a lot of things flat earth doesn't explain i think

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
The position of our moon proves creation to me. The sun is 400 times bigger then our moon and 400 times further away. Of course this distance is not static and changes during the cycles. But this made it possible for a total solar eclips, which is unique to our earth as for as we know. If our moon was just a slightly bit off, life would be very different.
Ye the universe is full of finely tuned constants that all align to make life on earth possible. If the speed of earth was too fast or slow it wouldn't be here, if it was a bit closer or further from the sun we wouldn't be here, if the sun few a few degrees hotter or colder we wouldn't be here. A scientist once said its a though everything has been monkeyed with in order to make earth possible...

U know another thing about the moon? It doesn't adhere to our understanding of gravity, it actually defies Newton and Einstein...
According to the mathematics the moon is far too large for earth to be able to keep it in orbit, it should of been thrown out of orbit into space a long time ago. Look at moons of other planets and you see the size difference, Sataurn and Jupiter have many moons...

Some have suggested that the moon must be much lighter than it appears, that it may be hollow of be made from an ultra light element.. One thing is for sure, it defies gravity or our understanding of it anyway

F

Fundamental

Newton was wrong about gravity, because he was wrong about the Earth rotating around the sun. People still believe that Earth is the center of the universe. I'm one of them. Remember, Heaven is God's throne, and the Earth His footstool? Did God stop the sun and moon, or the Earth and moon, in Joshua's day? Earth isn't some far-flung tiny planet in the middle of nowhere.

Newton made an error with heliocentricity. So far as his invention of calculus goes, I think he was on the money. I don't denounce the man - I've no reason to believe he was a charlatan like Einstein. All of us can be wrong, however sincere. You seem sincere, but the Earth isn't a ball.
Are you really going to read footstool and foundations literaly? The heaven is His is throne, the earth is His footstool so why do we think we can build Him a house on earth? That is the actual verse out of my head.

Just buy a telescope and see with your own eyes. Earth rotates around its own axis.

I’m not sure where you are getting your information from. But it is wrong. Even churches with highly schooled preachers have addressed biblical verses that do not speak of a flat earth but appear to. It is cherrypicking out of the bible without looking at it in its entire context.

Newton did not make an error, he solved it. And he had to be very careful or flat earthers of that age would have burned him. They did punish first people talking of a globe. Newton never stopped believing in God. In fact, osberving our universe made Newton even more a believer of God.

People made an error believing everything revolved around earth. But earth spins around its own axis and wobbles. The moon is spinning around its own axis at the same pace and counterclockwise (both around earth and its own axis). Because of this you never see the back side of the moon. Earth and moon are rotating our sun in 366 days. The moon rotates earth in around 29 days. A “month”. If all was just a tiny bit of you would not have a stable climate with seasons. It is fine tuned for life as we know it today and it was not by accident.

Our moon also proves that life as we know it is quite young, following calculations as they come now.

F

Fundamental

And, the only correct way to do this is to not allow anyone else to connect them for you...
Which dots are connected to show a flat earth? Because 2 procent appears to be something, are we going to ignore the other 98 procent?
I have seen through a telesccope, a good one, and it is all moving the same direction. Every night again. Our movement in space is calcuted to time and we can make very very and I mean very accurate predictions. Explaing this with the sun revolving around the earth is not connecting the right dots.

F

Fundamental

Ye the universe is full of finely tuned constants that all align to make life on earth possible. If the speed of earth was too fast or slow it wouldn't be here, if it was a bit closer or further from the sun we wouldn't be here, if the sun few a few degrees hotter or colder we wouldn't be here. A scientist once said its a though everything has been monkeyed with in order to make earth possible...

U know another thing about the moon? It doesn't adhere to our understanding of gravity, it actually defies Newton and Einstein...
According to the mathematics the moon is far too large for earth to be able to keep it in orbit, it should of been thrown out of orbit into space a long time ago. Look at moons of other planets and you see the size difference, Sataurn and Jupiter have many moons...

Some have suggested that the moon must be much lighter than it appears, that it may be hollow of be made from an ultra light element.. One thing is for sure, it defies gravity or our understanding of it anyway
Of course our universe was “monkeyed out” by the Most High. No doubt about that. :) I used to believe in a big bang until I got into the details and started asking those annoying questions. Always has to be 1 stubborn creationist in class lol. I soon learned how they pushed observations to a conclussion which makes no sense once looking deeper. As I later on investigated the theory of evolution by looking at the individuals behind it, it only got worse and I became a creationist from biblical view. But shaping my person to Christ is only a recent thing. Now our moon...

They did drop some things on our moon and it rang like a bell some say. But if our moon would defy gravity, why do we have the tides in our ocean? High and low tide is a proces that we can follow up by tracing our moon. The tidal force is caused by the gravity of our moon. However our moon got there is the biggest mystery science has to deal with. Because it defies their old universe model, but it does not defy gravity. Calculations where they hypothised that 2 chunks of our moon merged to 1 (becoming our moon in the past) showed yet again a younger model.

The heliocentric model was wrong, yet they still use it and it works. Some things about our moon are still “wrong” or misunderstood, but that that doesn’t mean it would defy gravity. Humans just don’t understand gravity that well hehe. It’s all of us.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Of course our universe was “monkeyed out” by the Most High. No doubt about that. :) I used to believe in a big bang until I got into the details and started asking those annoying questions. Always has to be 1 stubborn creationist in class lol. I soon learned how they pushed observations to a conclussion which makes no sense once looking deeper. As I later on investigated the theory of evolution by looking at the individuals behind it, it only got worse and I became a creationist from biblical view. But shaping my person to Christ is only a recent thing. Now our moon...

They did drop some things on our moon and it rang like a bell some say. But if our moon would defy gravity, why do we have the tides in our ocean? High and low tide is a proces that we can follow up by tracing our moon. The tidal force is caused by the gravity of our moon. However our moon got there is the biggest mystery science has to deal with. Because it defies their old universe model, but it does not defy gravity. Calculations where they hypothised that 2 chunks of our moon merged to 1 (becoming our moon in the past) showed yet again a younger model.

The heliocentric model was wrong, yet they still use it and it works. Some things about our moon are still “wrong” or misunderstood, but that that doesn’t mean it would defy gravity. Humans just don’t understand gravity that well hehe. It’s all of us.
Similar story here. I did engineering at school and assumed that every field of science was as solid... It was the theory of evolution which i first took a closer look at and debunked followed by the big bang theory, their pseudosciences

Now... The moon

I think i made an error in using the term "defy gravity" what i should of said was "defy our understanding of gravity". From my understanding our mathematics cannot account for the moon in earths orbit. I read this a while ago now... Perhaps im mistaken...

Your saying the moon defies our old universe model. Didn't even know there was an old and new model... How did it defy the old model? When was this new model introduced, why and what differences are there? And does the moon defy the new model?

The question of how the moon got there is just like the question of how earth and everything else got here. God. So its irrelevant to me...

F

Fundamental

Similar story here. I did engineering at school and assumed that every field of science was as solid... It was the theory of evolution which i first took a closer look at and debunked followed by the big bang theory, their pseudosciences

Now... The moon

I think i made an error in using the term "defy gravity" what i should of said was "defy our understanding of gravity". From my understanding our mathematics cannot account for the moon in earths orbit. I read this a while ago now... Perhaps im mistaken...

Your saying the moon defies our old universe model. Didn't even know there was an old and new model... How did it defy the old model? When was this new model introduced, why and what differences are there? And does the moon defy the new model?

The question of how the moon got there is just like the question of how earth and everything else got here. God. So its irrelevant to me...
There are several theories around our moon. That another planet collided with earth, got caught in its gravity and formed our moon. Also that out of this 2 moon arose and those 2 melted to one after collison. They simulated that and it showed it could be achieved in less than a thousand years.

Also, our moon is moving away from earth; That at a given point she would be so close her gravitiy would be too strong on the oceans to sustain life.

I meant by old model an old universe. That of the big bang. God created by speaking it into existence. Our words only last seconds but His Word is eternal. By faith we understand that the universe is created by the Word of God.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
There are several theories around our moon. That another planet collided with earth, got caught in its gravity and formed our moon. Also that out of this 2 moon arose and those 2 melted to one after collison. They simulated that and it showed it could be achieved in less than a thousand years.

Also, our moon is moving away from earth; That at a given point she would be so close her gravitiy would be too strong on the oceans to sustain life.

I meant by old model an old universe. That of the big bang. God created by speaking it into existence. Our words only last seconds but His Word is eternal. By faith we understand that the universe is created by the Word of God.
However our moon got there is the biggest mystery science has to deal with
That statement is a bit much i think... Of all of the mysteries that i ponder, the moon doesn't rank up there... I would say that the biggest mystery to science is God, life, mind, then i would say universe. Not specifically just the moon... How did Jupiters moon come into orbit? How did the planets come into the suns orbit? They don't know for sure they can give good ideas and suggestions but nothing conclusive...

The thing that makes no sense to me is where did all this mass come from. All the planets and suns and everything in the universe came from nothing. Im just like, oh really then show me how, make something from nothing, build me a car with no materials... What bugs me is that they teach this and ToE to be the unequivocal truth, leading Gods children away from Him

And wats up with the multiverse theory, its 1 mathematical possibility out of thousands from what i understand, and their trying to really push it now and venerate it to big bang status. Einsteins maths gets to a point where they can only speculate...

The evil one has infiltrated science... Many fields are driven by him with the soul objective of trying to denounce God... To be able to denounce God i would have to see u create a mini universe like ours, with a mini earth that spawned life...

Now... We can actually do this with computers. Not based on our worlds parameters but. U know those games like sim city, where there are populations of people all doing there thing... If we were in such a program we wouldn't be able to discern if we were in it, we wouldn't know anything outside of it...

F

Fundamental

That statement is a bit much i think... Of all of the mysteries that i ponder, the moon doesn't rank up there... I would say that the biggest mystery to science is God, life, mind, then i would say universe. Not specifically just the moon... How did Jupiters moon come into orbit? How did the planets come into the suns orbit? They don't know for sure they can give good ideas and suggestions but nothing conclusive...

The thing that makes no sense to me is where did all this mass come from. All the planets and suns and everything in the universe came from nothing. Im just like, oh really then show me how, make something from nothing, build me a car with no materials... What bugs me is that they teach this and ToE to be the unequivocal truth, leading Gods children away from Him

And wats up with the multiverse theory, its 1 mathematical possibility out of thousands from what i understand, and their trying to really push it now and venerate it to big bang status. Einsteins maths gets to a point where they can only speculate...

The evil one has infiltrated science... Many fields are driven by him with the soul objective of trying to denounce God... To be able to denounce God i would have to see u create a mini universe like ours, with a mini earth that spawned life...

Now... We can actually do this with computers. Not based on our worlds parameters but. U know those games like sim city, where there are populations of people all doing there thing... If we were in such a program we wouldn't be able to discern if we were in it, we wouldn't know anything outside of it...
Yeah you’re right that it might be overstated. But then again it might not be overstated. I do admit it is my subjective opinion which has little value. Yet the conditions surrounding this earth adding up to life are beating all mathematical odds. We do know how planets get in orbit, but then there are magical things we see. Look at Uranus and Venus, there are theories explaining their spin. But they are not that satisfying. Also remember that our moon is rotating our earth and its own axis counterclockwise. Gravity is explained and yet here and there we bump into observations beating those odds.
How? God did it

Nobody will ever puzzle out how our universe was created nor how life originated. All I see is this design had a Creator. His signature is everywhere and it’s hard to miss for those honestly seeking. Once obeying His word and seeing it through a different pair of glasses; we see we are being lied to to serve an elect few not serving mankinds best interest. Flat earth is just another divide and conquer.
We must come as one body in Christ. Wether we believe the earth is a globe or not, it’s irrelevant in spiritual warfare against the devil. What is happening to christians on the other side of our world? If people would see how much strength the evil one as gained, all these details won’t matter anymore. There are minions on this earth under total control of the snake using its “wisdom” against us to enslave mankind.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
@PC123 and @Fundamental :

I just wanted to say that I appreciate the 'civil' tone in your conversation - as opposed to "lowering yourselves" to the kind of thing that other people often do.

It is very nice to have a conversation on a topic without all of the excess judgmental crap that sometimes shows up when someone cannot handle simply having a low-key mature thinking-and-reasoning conversation on the subject.

There are a few others on here who also seem to be able to converse without resorting to unnecessary mud-slinging, name calling, etc.

Thanks to all of you for showing a more mature consideration for the topic and the other people who merely want to have a discussion and not an argument.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Ah here we go... Confirmed...

View attachment 219977

@GaryA and @Moses_Young. So both u guys are flat earthers, im open to theories and will give them a fair hearing... Im not one to take the word of authority as infallible, im quite a skeptical person. Eg im skeptical about the moon landings.
That's a really tall man you have there in your diagram. In reality, a selenelion can be seen from on the Earth (one is not required to be at a space altitude to see it). A to-scale model of your diagram would have your observer seeing through the Earth to get the visual on the sun and the moon at the same time. Also, the observer does not need to look downward to see the sun or the moon (even if the observer could see through the Earth). All factors which refute the heliocentric explanation of a lunar eclipse.

Like i said in the previous post i gave it a real hard look at a few years back. A few factors made me not accept the flat earth theory but the deciding factor was the fact i could catch a plane from Sydney to Santiago non stop and in a time that defies the flat earth model...
Neither model satisfactorily explains the heavenly phenomena, in my view. The heliocentric theory requires a wobble that no-one ever can detect. It also requires constant acceleration and movement of the Earth, which is undetectable. To believe in heliocentric theory, one has to also believe in Einstein's theories of relativity, and Lorentz contraction to support these, which defies the scientific method (i.e. assuming experimental apparatus change by contracting during the experiment, without any proof of this).

The simple truth is that we can see further than should be possible, were Earth a globe. A curve is undetectable. Whatever explanations one assigns the heavenly bodies, Occam's razor makes it plain that the Earth itself is flat.

Also what is the motivation? To hide God? It doesn't do that but... Most God believers adhere to the heliocentric theory. So im struggling to see a motivation
Big bangism and evolutionism (and the alien worship to come) can have no basis if the Earth is flat. A flat Earth exposes each of these for what they are - Satanic lies.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The simple truth is that we can see further than should be possible, were Earth a globe. A curve is undetectable. Whatever explanations one assigns the heavenly bodies, Occam's razor makes it plain that the Earth itself is flat.
That's a strange way to apply Occam's razor. I see the sun rising and setting. I apply that principle and conclude that the earth is round.

It's also a fallacy of reification. In reality, Occam's razor "does" nothing at all.

Big bangism and evolutionism (and the alien worship to come) can have no basis if the Earth is flat. A flat Earth exposes each of these for what they are - Satanic lies.
When you drag those subjects into this discussion, they just muddy the water. It's almost impossible to discuss any subject rationally if your counterpart thinks you are under satanic influence. It's insultingly dismissive and basically makes it extremely unlikely that he/she will seriously consider anything you contribute, no matter how logical, rational, and truthful it is.

F

Fundamental

That's a really tall man you have there in your diagram. In reality, a selenelion can be seen from on the Earth (one is not required to be at a space altitude to see it). A to-scale model of your diagram would have your observer seeing through the Earth to get the visual on the sun and the moon at the same time. Also, the observer does not need to look downward to see the sun or the moon (even if the observer could see through the Earth). All factors which refute the heliocentric explanation of a lunar eclipse.

Neither model satisfactorily explains the heavenly phenomena, in my view. The heliocentric theory requires a wobble that no-one ever can detect. It also requires constant acceleration and movement of the Earth, which is undetectable. To believe in heliocentric theory, one has to also believe in Einstein's theories of relativity, and Lorentz contraction to support these, which defies the scientific method (i.e. assuming experimental apparatus change by contracting during the experiment, without any proof of this).

What kind of wobble do you mean? The heliocentric model started out wrong, but kept working the way it was. We just realized we revolve around the sun and the sun not around us. Then Galileo saw even more, stars spinning in Galaxies. He was the first to obsserve the Milky Way.

Why would we question all they have discovered and we can clearly see through our own telescopes. I don’t understand everything watching the skies, but it sure moves all the same direction at the same angle which makes it very clear to me; earth is spinning around. Also look at that timelapse picture they shot at the north pole. It’s a perfect circle when you take a picture of the sky, aiming at the north star with long exposure and stack them together. You see we spin around

The heliocentric is not a theory but the model of our solar system. It is that constant human beings have set their watch to it, literaly. Please take some time to investigate and research from multipl sources. I don’t take people like Bill Nye serious, but I do sure take Newton and Galileo serious. The proof is there and you can verify them down on earth investigating it yourself. The truth is often more bizarre then what we are told to believe, yet a flat earth makes no sense to me.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Which dots are connected to show a flat earth? Because 2 procent appears to be something, are we going to ignore the other 98 procent?
I have seen through a telesccope, a good one, and it is all moving the same direction. Every night again. Our movement in space is calcuted to time and we can make very very and I mean very accurate predictions. Explaing this with the sun revolving around the earth is not connecting the right dots.
The sun does not "revolve around the earth"; rather, it circles overhead above the surface of the earth.

The key thing to remember when looking at Ball Earth versus Flat Earth is - don't spend too much time or focus on the stuff that can be explained by both models. Instead, you have to take a close look at those things which are not equally represented and validated by both models. This is the two percent. And, the other 98 percent is essentially meaningless as "definite proof" of either model.

Some of the two percent comes from understanding what the Bible says about the earth. (The most important part, actually.)

Some of it comes from understanding the details of certain historical events. (Very possibly the second most important part.)

The rest of it, of course, comes from understanding the [real] science.

F

Fundamental

The sun does not "revolve around the earth"; rather, it circles overhead above the surface of the earth.

The key thing to remember when looking at Ball Earth versus Flat Earth is - don't spend too much time or focus on the stuff that can be explained by both models. Instead, you have to take a close look at those things which are not equally represented and validated by both models. This is the two percent. And, the other 98 percent is essentially meaningless as "definite proof" of either model.

Some of the two percent comes from understanding what the Bible says about the earth. (The most important part, actually.)

Some of it comes from understanding the details of certain historical events. (Very possibly the second most important part.)

The rest of it, of course, comes from understanding the [real] science.
I must agree there is stuff out there turning specific models upside down, or forces us to reconsider how we look at things. Yet we can not explain away the obvious, just look at our shadow on the moon from all these different angles.

Most flat earthers I spoke with know very little of the Bible and quote very selective. People I talked about being strongly educated in the Bible see no flat earth. To understand our Bible we need to understand its history and how specific words were used. The depth of Hebrew language is not to be taken lightly and to be placed in boxes. When christianity later on got influenced by Greeks, things got even more complicated. So quoting out of our English Bibles needs to be placed in huge perspective. Which can’t be done with the shape of our eath imho. It is not a book to guide us scientificly but to prepare us for the next world.

There are many mysteries and a lot is very questionable, but there are newsmedia where we can follow the airflow on this earth. Why does what disappear on the right appear again on the left? :) Because they stretched our globe out to a 2D map. How would we even explain the gulfstream on a flat earth. Also many amateur photographers have shot the ISS. You can follow the ISS and when it passes your country, you might see it with your own eyes. Through a good lense you can really see the details of the ISS. How do we explain that?

We also need to realize this world has an expiration date. Some may think they are going to colonize space, but humanity was given little before given more. Narrow is the gate and we should better not get distracted on the shape of this earth. She’s dying and warming up for millenia now. We think Venus has gone bad but it will be worse on earth. Our earth will become hotter then Venus. Causality, it is what it is.