Gas attack in Syria

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AuntieAnt

“That you may know that I am God” ~ that is the focus of prophecies. It’s not the thing being predicted or what we think the outcome might be. The end result is always that we see God, and that He is in control and on our side. Why fear? Why worry about the result? Why speak evil of leaders or speak death over nations?

Prophecy was never about God showing us the future, but Him declaring Who He is and that He is in control of everything. That He is worthy of honor and glory and praise right now.

Our eyes are to always be on God our Father. We walk by faith, not by sight. Confusion is the result of trying to fit our speculations about this temporal life within the spiritual life of Christ that has no blueprint or earthly limitations.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
I honestly dont think that Assad ordered this attack. he only has things to loose.
i think that guy ordered it without the consent of assad. Assad havent had any say so in his own country for quite a while now

Monnkai

Mar 18, 2014
Seriously this thread has sent me into a spiraling depression were there maybe no return from :/ I may have to leave the site

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Seriously this thread has sent me into a spiraling depression were there maybe no return from :/ I may have to leave the site
Now, please don't leave the site over a thread. You are a valuable member here. Deep down inside, why do world events depress you so much? You can choose to be a positive voice in this world or hide in the shadows. Would God want you to dwell on negative world events or rather have you focus on becoming more of a humble servant for the Lord? Yeah, tragic event in Syria, and yes, there will be a US military response but it is not the end of the world. Tomorrow there will be a flood somewhere, the next day an earthquake. Even so, this should not shake you up to the point where you simply just want to give up. Stand tall and proud and make a difference in this world.

Sep 4, 2012
I honestly dont think that Assad ordered this attack. he only has things to loose.
i think that guy ordered it without the consent of assad. Assad havent had any say so in his own country for quite a while now
It was completely fake. Observers on the ground have found no evidence, no chemicals, released hostages from Douma said there was no attack. The White Helmets are behind this. Everything they do is fake. Here's one of the photos they released claiming that a 500 lb chemical bomb came through a boy's window and landed on his bed

https://twitter.com/ShehabiFares/status/983309663822385152

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2012
Hang in there, bro and have faith. We're all in this together.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
In the end there is nothing we can do.
The stage is set.
The actors have their roles and their scripts.
Commanders have their fingers poised above red buttons.

But we know all this.
And our true faith will make a difference for us.
Monnkai read Psalm 91

A

AuntieAnt

My dear friend and young brother, I pm'd you. :)

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
I find it difficult to imagine how, short of divine intervention, this rush towards Armageddon can be stopped. The only hope is that someone behind the scenes in Washington and Moscow will regain some sanity and pull back

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
I find it difficult to imagine how, short of divine intervention, this rush towards Armageddon can be stopped. The only hope is that someone behind the scenes in Washington and Moscow will regain some sanity and pull back
But alas it will not be so.
Bible prophecy is a sure thing
The world will burn
Jerusalem and Israel will yet again be surrounded by armies
Revelation talks of Wormood > bitterness that poisons and kills
a good description of radiation fallout

But in the meantime it is still our job to live and preach the gospel
of salvation. For people will still come to the Lord through water and the
Holy Spirit until that very last day.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
A few years back I got to a point of feeling overwhelmed, but this was on my kitchen calendar as I turned the page. It was a comfort to me, and reminded me that God is in control of everything! What peace to remember that.

SOVEREIGN
God is in complete control of everything; He does all that He pleases. Nothing can frustrate God's authority over His creation. His purposes will be accomplished. He rules supreme over the progress of history, the events of the present world, and every circumstance in our lives.

Ephesians 1:11-12: "In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who worketh all things after the counsel of His own will: That we should be to the praise of His glory, who first trusted in Christ"

L

loyaldisciple

Russia could easily eliminate US naval power. A nuclear shkval torpedo could take out an entire carrier group. Not dealing with a third world country here. Your kind of foolish bravado could destroy America.
And their foolishness could get them destroyed as well. Trump says the "missiles are coming". We will see if Russia stops them or not. I'm betting "not". Putin is always talking tough, now we will see if he backs it up or blinks. I am betting he doesn't want war with the U.S. He isn't dealing with Obama anymore.

L

loyaldisciple

Trump's a fool. If he follows through with his threats, he will ruin his presidency.
People thought he was a fool for running for office too, didn't they, but look who won.

Sep 4, 2012
People thought he was a fool for running for office too, didn't they, but look who won.
A big reason Trump won is because he promised to stay out of wars and clip the wings of the war mongers. What he's threatening to do now is identical with what all of the other war-monger presidents did conducting wars based on lies for no benefit to the US.

Sep 4, 2012
And their foolishness could get them destroyed as well. Trump says the "missiles are coming". We will see if Russia stops them or not. I'm betting "not". Putin is always talking tough, now we will see if he backs it up or blinks. I am betting he doesn't want war with the U.S. He isn't dealing with Obama anymore.
And the US isn't dealing with 3rd countries anymore. They're dealing with a country that could utterly destroy the US if they wanted to. The US is much more fragile than Russia is.

L

loyaldisciple

And the US isn't dealing with 3rd countries anymore. They're dealing with a country that could utterly destroy the US if they wanted to. The US is much more fragile than Russia is.
The U.S. can also destroy Russia. What proof do you have to back up your claim that the U.S. is more fragile than Russia ? Can you present that proof to all of us please ?

L

loyaldisciple

A big reason Trump won is because he promised to stay out of wars and clip the wings of the war mongers. What he's threatening to do now is identical with what all of the other war-monger presidents did conducting wars based on lies for no benefit to the US.
So, are you saying the U.S. should never go to war ? God has ordered several wars to take place. How do you know for sure which wars God is in favor of and which ones He is not in favor of ? And how do you know which future wars might benefit the U.S. and which ones won't, even prior to their beginning ? Who has given you this wisdom into the future ?

L

loyaldisciple

Isaiah 17 was fulfilled about 2500 years ago.
FALSE. Damascus has been attacked and conquered, but it has never ceased to be a city.

ISIAH 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

The verse says "Damascus is taken away from being a city". That has never happened before.