Gay wedding

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
As far as going to the gay nephews wedding I don't know that I would go. But if I did it would be with his knowing I disagreed with his lifestyle, but I loved him and wanted to keep the door open to witness to him. Other than that you're supporting a sinful lifestyle.
Just by showing up at the wedding, you are approving by implication. You would be recognizing it as a legitimate affair. Best just to stay away. :cool:

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Even just going to the reception is condoning his nephew's perverted and abominous lifestyle.

K

kaylagrl

Just by showing up at the wedding, you are approving by implication. You would be recognizing it as a legitimate affair. Best just to stay away. :cool:

I don't know. I have many unsaved people in my family and they have no doubt where I stand. But they know I love them. It's a hard call. I have a cousin who is more like a brother to me and at his wedding he had booze following like a river,they all got pie eyed drunk. Now I lived too far away to attend the wedding but his sister sad she was told not to mention God in any way. Now my cousin knows me, he would never say this to me and even if he did he knows the minute I had a chance to speak I would be reminding him of his Godly mother that passed and how she would want to see him in heaven. He knows I could care less about his unsaved wife, his unsaved friends and any other guests at the wedding. In fact right now he isn't speaking to me because he told me he was an atheist and I let him know all of what I just said,and more. He knows I love him, haven't heard from him in years. One day something will go wrong and my phone will ring. I just hope I have the right words at that moment,I know the Lord will keep me from saying anything stupid.

ToastAndTea

Jul 31, 2018
I beg to differ, Jesus was the lawgiver at Mt. Sinai (1 Corinthians 10:4). :cool:
There are a lot of things "Jesus never said". By his reasoning, are we to believe that Jesus also condones pedophilia or rape, or incest? The argument that because Christ never explicitly said it therefore it must be ok is one of the oldest and weakest in the defence of sinful behavior.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
While Jesus never sinned, I can't recall an instance where He denied sinners an audience. Yes, He did take action against the temple money-changers, but these were people who claimed to be saved according to the law of their day. That falls in line with Paul's NT teaching that we are to love the sinner, but shun a believer who refuses correction. I think the precedence is set that it is only when someone claims to be saved, but is acting otherwise, that we are to shun people. Otherwise, how are we to bring a light to the sinners if we don't allow ourselves into their presence? I don't think in a case like this there is guilt by association.

It was ... interesting, like a train wreck is interesting. My skin crawled and my spidey-senses tingled all evening. I could sense there were others there who didn't really want to support this, tho they stayed silent as far as I heard. I did mention to my cousin my uncertainties about it all, he heaved a sigh of relief and and said thank you I was hoping I wasn't the only one here with reservations. Kevin, the nephew, did something interesting ... during the cutting of the cake, the gay crowd pushed him to give Saul a kiss but he wouldn't. Maybe there's a glimmer of hope still in there :) Pray for them.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
But they know I love them ...... He knows I could care less about his unsaved wife, his unsaved friends and any other guests at the wedding ....... I know the Lord will keep me from saying anything stupid.

ToastAndTea

Jul 31, 2018
While Jesus never sinned, I can't recall an instance where He denied sinners an audience. Yes, He did take action against the temple money-changers, but these were people who claimed to be saved according to the law of their day. That falls in line with Paul's NT teaching that we are to love the sinner, but shun a believer who refuses correction. I think the precedence is set that it is only when someone claims to be saved, but is acting otherwise, that we are to shun people. Otherwise, how are we to bring a light to the sinners if we don't allow ourselves into their presence? I don't think in a case like this there is guilt by association.

It was ... interesting, like a train wreck is interesting. My skin crawled and my spidey-senses tingled all evening. I could sense there were others there who didn't really want to support this, tho they stayed silent as far as I heard. I did mention to my cousin my uncertainties about it all, he heaved a sigh of relief and and said thank you I was hoping I wasn't the only one here with reservations. Kevin, the nephew, did something interesting ... during the cutting of the cake, the gay crowd pushed him to give Saul a kiss but he wouldn't. Maybe there's a glimmer of hope still in there :) Pray for them.
Reading this I have nothing but sympathy for you and your family and those concerned. I am sure it's not an easy situation to have to deal with. If at any point during this thread, I came across judgemental, I do apologize for that. I don't apologize for my stand in Christ. But I will keep your family in prayer for sure.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Reading this I have nothing but sympathy for you and your family and those concerned. I am sure it's not an easy situation to have to deal with. If at any point during this thread, I came across judgemental, I do apologize for that. I don't apologize for my stand in Christ. But I will keep your family in prayer for sure.
Thank you

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Jesus never did !
You really have no idea who Jesus is !!
Jesus is the Bible. Jesus is the word of God. Jesus is the OT.
Jesus is the fulfillment of the Law … in the OT they removed the wicked person from among them and stoned them dead.
This is indicative of removing sin and wickedness and the penalty for such.
In the NT the same is achieved through the Law being within our hearts and we comply with the purpose of the Law
(to know what is sin and wicked before God) by the indwelling Holy Spirit that convicts us of our sin and wrongdoing, but also
teaches us of the righteousness of God.
Wickedness is cast out of our hearts and our lives, and we live new lives as ambassadors to Christ Jesus.
The penalty for failing to do this (keep on sinning) is the same - death; not by being stoned but in a lake of fire.

21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 6:

Mar 28, 2016
If you were being married, I'm sure he would attend and not stay away because of the "straight issue".

Go because he is your nephew and you love him.

I would becareful how a person loves not to call evil good and good evil. It not about being single or married . Its a moral issue.That which is part of the rise and fall of any people circular reasons . Some say today is a picture of the government then?

If a person burns with a desire to be one flesh with another person. God has designed that so that mankind could obey the commandment to be fruitful and multiply. By not identifying what gender a person is, it creates a evil a replica of the fallen angels no multiplying. no moral laws just gay rights . If he is a believer maybe asks if Christians have rights or do we have responsibilities to a higher calling?

Go because he is your nephew and you love him

P

Papou

You really have no idea who Jesus is !!
The Jesus I know said: Love one another. As I have loved you! By this everyone will know that you are my disciples.
This is the Jesus I loved, this is the Jesus I would die for !

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
The Jesus I know said: Love one another. As I have loved you! By this everyone will know that you are my disciples.
This is the Jesus I loved, this is the Jesus I would die for !
You really do need to read a lot more of what Jesus said; not just the lovey dovey bits.

Afterward Jesus found him in the temple and said to him, “See, you are well! Sin no more, that nothing worse may happen to you.”
John 5:14 (ESV)
She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.”
John 8:11 (ESV)
No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.
Luke 13:3 & 5 (ESV)
And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. John 3:19 (ESV)

K

Karraster

I don't understand why this was such a tough call, the Bible is clear on this issue. Why do we think the world is going to fall apart if we don't show up? What makes us think we are so important that our brother, sister, cousin, nephew...you name it fill in the blank, is going to lay down and die if we miss an event? It's crazy, and nonsense. Maybe the ability to come out of Babylon, is easier knowing we're not the center of it. That, and wanting to please Almighty.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Our nephew, who is one of the most respectful and responsible people I know, is marrying his boyfriend.

Do we go out of respect for him, or stay away because of the gay issue?
I would say this, He that winneth souls is wise, if you want him to come to the truth of God,
you should go, and let him know that even though you do not support or condone his marrage, you still love him.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018

Were their parents there or who gave them away.
What did the celebrant say, did they pronounce them husband and husband?
Did they say meaningful vows?
Just wondering. Never been to gay wedding and dont intend to, but one of my business teachers actually targets lgbt crowd. Why because they have lots of 'disposable' income. In other words they will spend lots of money on a wedding.

I get kindaconfused between lgbt and bglt one is a bunch of strange people with rainbow type flags and the other is bacon lettuce tomato and guacamole sandwich.

Odelschwanck

Jan 7, 2015
My niece had one and I didn't go. I'd consider it a sin to attend one. Not that I don't sin anyway.