Getting to knooooow you

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
This thread was requested in another thread, but nobody started it so I am starting it now.

This thread is for all the details you want to share about your life (so far) or details you know about somebody else. Posts can be serious or comedic.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
What You Should Know About Me:

I bake sourdough bread, 30-ish loaves at a time, and I practically live on the stuff.

I have an australian shepherd who is smarter than I am.

I'm a big music nerd, so anything you say will probably remind me of a song. Also you do NOT want to start a music topic when I'm in the room. I won't shut up for days. And heaven help you if you ask me for a certain kind of song - slow, upbeat, encouraging, song that talks about giving, etc. - if you forget to say "Okay, thanks, that's enough" I'll still be mentioning songs that fit that topic at random times three weeks later.

You can eat milk "chocolate" all you want, but you'll never convince me it's real chocolate. While your candy "chocolate" is playing on the swing set, my real chocolate is putting on its work boots.

I have no ambition to make piles of money or do anything great. I'm happy with my quiet life. I don't have a lot of money but neither do I owe a lot of money, and that's about right for me.

I am quite logical and honest enough to not deny a truth that I comprehend, so if you want to change anything about me your best bet is to prove to me that there is a good reason for me to change it.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Things You Should Know About Dino:

He LOVES Friday, or "Fyday."

Do not ever, EVER even suggest man cannot live by coffee alone.

He is always quick with a comeback... so I expect a witty reply to this post as soon as a moderator approves this thread and he sees it.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Things You Should Know About Seoulsearch:

Her threads are a good indication of how her brain works. She's always thinking about stuff, and when she thinks about something she thinks DEEP!

She is unable to leave a dirty dish in the sink. As soon as she knows it is there she must wash it. Now.

She has a love-hate relationship with caffeine, sugar, carbs and argumentative people.

She will be along shortly to fill out the rest of this list, and boy will it be a long addendum!

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
My perception of peeps...

Susanna is a delight, witty and bright.

She never takes anyone, mostly herself, too seriously. I admire that about her and Didy.

Gosh there is 17Bees who always shows wisdom and awareness, kinda like cinder. Wish they both had more to say.

Magenta beautiful and super creative and Artsie, like Artsie herself.

Soulweaver, wow her mind also sharp as a tac, she is a very deep thinker, and carries a lot of empathy. I love her mind.

Mel, Tabs, rosemary, lovecomessoftly, and Laughter all are wise and warm, safe places to go. I am so grateful for them.

Speaking of Lafftur that woman always reminds us of Gods Love. She is strong and quite intuitive as well.

Blue, my first impression was soooo wrong. She has a great big beautiful heart and lots of compassion. She is precious.

Sub too, thought he was harsh but just has his own way that has taught me a thing or two.

Tourist has a special way of caring for others and always quit honest. I wish that I knew his wife better. She is another who seems quite wise.

There are so many delightful ppl here, like BlessedbyGod, up and GG (I hope you know how precious you are to us), let's not forget Shittim, he is awesome. How about our Blain, man does He have a writers gift with heartfelt words.

Deade, one of the first that I came to know here. He has brought many together. He is welcoming to us all.

Kayla, what a blessing. She is a strong warrior with a great big protective heart. Yay@that.

Ok ok, I'll hush, but I know I am forgetting some. Oh yeah...like JaumeJ, his fire and focus for Jesus helps inspire mine.

This was fun Lynx, thank you.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Nature is one of my favs, that and laughter

I studied walking sticks the bugs in my earlier college days.

Connection is sooo fun.

I like to find the whats right in things and others. My Mama taught me the importance of thoughts are things so direct them wisely. I don't always.

Wishes Seoul was here to do my dishes, lol.

Fav chore is, ummmm, uhhh, any that is almost done, lol.

I find ppl to be so fascinating but they do not appreciate being a research project, so I try not asking too many questions. < that aint easy.

Fun and merciful ppl that make me laugh are my fav. Kindness is such a blessing, giving and receiving.

Artichokes with mayo, yummy, not as much as Steak is though. Though I partake with great joy, my heart goes out to cows... so I try to eat their meat much less often than I use to. Since it is so expensive, it is easy to cut down.

Ok more than anyone wants to know, haha

Oh wait there is more....lol

S

Susanna

Aww, thanks CharliRenee❤️.

You know my tongue runs on A1 jet fuel😁. That’s what some very annoyed person told me once😂. If you think I’m bad here, well, IRL I’m REALLY a chatterbox😊😂.

So who am I? First of all I’m a mother, grandmother and a widow. Then I’m a Texan (born in New Orléans, but hush...), I’m in law enforcement, I’ve been a sailor, I’m almost 44 years old, I’m fluent in four languages, French is my native tongue, I live alone in a mansion I inherited from my dad, I like rock music, and etc lol.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014

You know my tongue runs on A1 jet fuel😁. That’s what some very annoyed person told me once😂. If you think I’m bad here, well, IRL I’m REALLY a chatterbox😊😂.

So who am I? First of all I’m a mother, grandmother and a widow. Then I’m a Texan (born in New Orléans, but hush...), I’m in law enforcement, I’ve been a sailor, I’m almost 44 years old, I’m fluent in four languages, French is my native tongue, I live alone in a mansion I inherited from my dad, I like rock music, and etc lol.
Wow, how fascinating you are..four languages, whoa, woman/hag(haha)!! Oops I might need to take it easy on the hag bit being that you are in law enforcement, lol.

Susanna, there is something more pressing that we must address...

You live in a mansion that doesn't need to be for just one....just saying.

I know this, cough cough, little annoying, but still lovable but fun chick/older hag who you can put at the other end of that mansion, hahaha... ill play my country, you play your rock...😀

😁🤣😀, just saying.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019

Susanna you are amazing. =) Thanks for sharing. I'm always in awe of those who are gifted in picking up more than one language. I have hard enough time with one.

From my observations you are also fun, loving and full of wisdom.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
@CharliRenee speaking of wisdom, you have an abundance of it. I love how you are a gifted in encouraging others. I imagine you are one of those people that you can sit and visit with for hours. Lots of laughs and maybe even some good cries. I always appreciate your honesty and fun attitude.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
My perception of peeps...

Susanna is a delight, witty and bright.

She never takes anyone, mostly herself, too seriously. I admire that about her and Didy.

Gosh there is 17Bees who always shows wisdom and awareness, kinda like cinder. Wish they both had more to say.

Magenta beautiful and super creative and Artsie, like Artsie herself.

Soulweaver, wow her mind also sharp as a tac, she is a very deep thinker, and carries a lot of empathy. I love her mind.

Mel, Tabs, rosemary, lovecomessoftly, and Laughter all are wise and warm, safe places to go. I am so grateful for them.

Speaking of Lafftur that woman always reminds us of Gods Love. She is strong and quite intuitive as well.

Blue, my first impression was soooo wrong. She has a great big beautiful heart and lots of compassion. She is precious.

Sub too, thought he was harsh but just has his own way that has taught me a thing or two.

Tourist has a special way of caring for others and always quit honest. I wish that I knew his wife better. She is another who seems quite wise.

There are so many delightful ppl here, like BlessedbyGod, up and GG (I hope you know how precious you are to us), let's not forget Shittim, he is awesome. How about our Blain, man does He have a writers gift with heartfelt words.

Deade, one of the first that I came to know here. He has brought many together. He is welcoming to us all.

Kayla, what a blessing. She is a strong warrior with a great big protective heart. Yay@that.

Ok ok, I'll hush, but I know I am forgetting some. Oh yeah...like JaumeJ, his fire and focus for Jesus helps inspire mine.

This was fun Lynx, thank you.
Thanks CharliRenee! Aware? probably.....wisdom? Me? nah, or at least no match for you and Cinder. And since I think I'm aware, I'll tell what of and who I think has it:

I think I'm aware of pain. It's not empathy for others, it's more like a mark. A radar. A tatoo, most of the time hidden, but sometimes creeping below the sleeve, but I see it all the same. And in my mind it's a mark of honor. It's a strength, believe it or not. It's always considered a barrier, but it's not. It's a door. It's a rarely taken path to a heart.

Pipp has it. She's a warm and gentle soul both accepting and hilarious. She's a southern charm. Her best humor is the macabre. The one who finds the funiest thing is a dead armadillo on the side of the road, feet straight up in the air, with a "Get Well Soon" balloon tied to its foot. Then the gentleness and acceptance of her hand cradling the face of an angry, frustrated, cussing invalid. But a pain all the same. Just creeping below her sleeve.

You, CharlieRenee. In all your heartfelt optimism, you're correct in your self-analysis. But there it is. And it's given you strength you sometimes misidentify for forlorneness.

SeoulSearch - I"m not even going to tell on you.

Subhumanoid - He uses his like a tool, most of the time in a healthy way. Sometimes as a weapon. But he understands its power.

Tamlyn - Here's a person quiet and observant and an acessessor of a heart. And a person you'd never know except on a rare occasion removing her jacket and by accident revealing a scar.

Here at CC, this could go on forever.... I have no idea why I'm writing this....

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
See thanks to this thread, I get a glimpse of cherished ppl that I do not know as well. Some of you share a great deal of history.

So again, I agree and I hope this and all the shared familial friendships shared go on forever here on cc, moving on to heaven for eternity.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Things You Should Know About Dino:

He LOVES Friday, or "Fyday."

Do not ever, EVER even suggest man cannot live by coffee alone.

He is always quick with a comeback... so I expect a witty reply to this post as soon as a moderator approves this thread and he sees it.
Iz not Fyday where I iz... yet. However, I did haz coffee.

"He's quick with a joke, or to light up your smoke, but there's somewhere that he'd rather be....."

Obligatory music reference for my good friend Lynx. :)

Feb 28, 2016
it is not possible to mention ALL who we are Spiritually attracted to or feel a connection with and not seem to leave OUT someone,
maybe the very closest ones to our hearts??

never-the-less, many of us are feeling the 'connection' with certain ones that touch our hearts because of a special bond,
that can only manifest itself by The Holy Spirit...
:):)

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
@olderthenew, I like the balance that comes with you sharing your account with your spouse. You are very tender at times, and at other times less. Both times, and sometimes inbetween, I get the impression you are always leading with you honest desire to please the Father.

Yeah and I agree, I fretted I'd forget to mention a name or two.

God bless you, brother and sister.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Would you believe that I'd say you only say that because you don't hear what I keep to myself. Also I think a lot of my wisdom is borrowed / inherited from others, but my memory and recall do seem to be pretty impressive to a lot of people.

But the things you didn't tell people about me that they really should know:

I seem to have a thing for petting or get up close and personal with exotic animals to date this includes: Alligators, dolphins, manatee, kangaroos, any dog that crosses my path and doesn't look like it's about to attack me (ok so that's not so exotic), tigers (almost forgot that one and how could I forget that, there's pictures and everything), elephants, camels, and there may be some I forgot and can't think of right now. I know I haven't gotten to swim with sharks yet and really want to do that (maybe with whale sharks or maybe cage diving with ones that it's not so safe to get too up close and personal with).

If I want to get together to play a couple board games; it's going to take the entire day. And I've now invested in enough games with a solo variant that I can play board games by myself all day too.

I'm always right... except when I'm wrong.

I'm a loner ..... it was the best alternative when it came to choosing good company.

I'm getting pretty good at cooking for 1 .... 1 week at a time that is. That also means I eat the same thing for dinner every night for a week. And I've even started thinking and talking in terms of dinner this week instead of dinner tonight.

I'm a compulsive saver; I rather dislike spending money unless absolutely necessary, and will give money away more freely than I'll spend it on stuff for me.

There's probably more, but that's for next time.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
I'm always right... except when I'm wrong.

I'm a loner ..... it was the best alternative when it came to choosing good company.

I'm getting pretty good at cooking for 1 .... 1 week at a time that is. That also means I eat the same thing for dinner every night for a week. And I've even started thinking and talking in terms of dinner this week instead of dinner tonight.

I'm a compulsive saver; I rather dislike spending money unless absolutely necessary, and will give money away more freely than I'll spend it on stuff for me.

There's probably more, but that's for next time.
Sometimes my hubby esp wonders how I could stand being by myself many times, altho I do like getting tog. w/ others too, like when playing and singing w/ my mom or sibs, the rare times we can get together now, even bef. the lockdown.

I'm also rather a frugal person, not wanting to spend or 'waste' when I see no need. Once my daughter, who got her stipend, got a bunch of books that totaled something I could not have spent on, even books I will read (for I can borrow sometimes=).. while I could not decide to get a music sheet/book I didn't think I would need to use that much. After months, she still hasn't read some of them. Unlike hubby who is quite generous, I am not impulsive, and take time to decide to buy stuff for myself and would also rather give away to help when I know others need it more.

Usually quiet, I could sometimes write more than I would say esp when ppl are far away. Then when I look back, I regret having said too much=(. To prevent me doing that, I just choose to play instruments and sing, wc, unless the lyrics were wrong, held me back from saying many things.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Things You Should Know About Seoulsearch:

Her threads are a good indication of how her brain works. She's always thinking about stuff, and when she thinks about something she thinks DEEP!
Yup. My thoughts are about as deep as one of those plastic kiddie pools at Walmart. And that's a on a good day. :geek:

She is unable to leave a dirty dish in the sink. As soon as she knows it is there she must wash it. Now.
Please. Do NOT look in my sink right now. It's been a long week. And if you think I'm bad... Come on over and help restrain my Mom when she visits. She keeps threatening to go out and weed the neighbor's lawn. :censored:

She has a love-hate relationship with caffeine, sugar, carbs and argumentative people.
I love the challenge. I just hate the aftermath... o_O

She will be along shortly to fill out the rest of this list, and boy will it be a long addendum!
I was able to correct everything you said in less than half a page! C'mon, you know you're impressed. :cool:

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
See thanks to this thread, I get a glimpse of cherished ppl that I do not know as well. Some of you share a great deal of history.

So again, I agree and I hope this and all the shared familial friendships shared go on forever here on cc, moving on to heaven for eternity.
Yes, sometimes u wish others would feel comfortable enough to post, to share in a thread like this, but sadly many still wont, I think.

When we were being encouraged to read, I thot it was a great hobby.. but thru the yrs, my hubby esp discouraged from reading much fiction, wc I see my older sister spending much time on (and thankfully, I can give more time to the Word now instead of other). Unless ur really down to earth, very sensible and responsible, fiction may have a way of distracting from seeing other people's needs and eating up time. That's just me, ok... so I decided to spend free time on playing instruments and be an encouragement in that area, hopefully. Altho once, we were going out, and knowing I had minutes while the guys got ready, I pulled out my violin and someone was annoyed I had to instead of checking if I was missing to do something else:unsure:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Have you ever wished you had a friend that you could talk to, I mean, REALLY talk to? Someone who would not only listen, but also wouldn't judge and wouldn't make you feel like a failure, no matter what you told them?

Allow me to put the spotlight on two special people like that here on CC (I know there are many others -- but these are just two ladies I thought of because I've had personal experience with this in the past few months.)

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you, Miss @Pipp and Miss @TamLynn.

If I messaged either of these ladies out of the blue and said, "Hey, I've just started a new job where I'm dancing around poles while chain-smoking at the same time and taking swigs of whiskey in between rounds." (I have absolutely no desire to do any of these things, but just saying... No matter what I could do, or contemplate doing, I could talk to Pipp and Tam about it.)

I already know what they would say.

@Pipp would say (to me and to anyone else,) "Oh, I still love you and I'll be here for you. You can talk to me about it all and I promise I won't judge. But I know it's also not a healthy decision for your life so I'll be praying for you, because I want you to be safe. We're sinners and we all fall, but God helps us get back where we're supposed to be." She would probably also sit you down to a homemade, Southern feast, complete with a homemade cake that's personalized just for you (shoot, if this is what I'd be greeted with, I'm kind of thinking about going and getting into some trouble.... Just kidding. Sort of.)

@TamLynn would reassure you that whatever you are going through, Jesus can relate, and He loves you and wants to lead you into a better way of living by following Him. TamLynn also has enough grace, wit, and snap to be able to stand up to any flimsy excuses the flesh might make. And the fact that she is still standing there, loving and encouraging you, will make you want to hang your head and change whatever bad choices you might be making, because the thought of disappointing this woman, who is showing you so much compassion and understanding, will truly break your heart.

Ladies (and all others here who are like this as well,) I sincerely salute you.

And am ever-thankful that we met.

(Ladies, if you ever need someone to talk to, these are two of the many wonderful women we have here that you can trust.)

This message is Seoulsearch-Approved! 👍