God did away with some of His own sayings

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I missed a line..sorry Between "God knows what he planted, we are his tree, planted in this world, his orchard, for all to see!"
 
What is righteous judging? As I see we are to do that...When, where, how to apply? When do we know when to exhort. as I see we are to do that too! When, where, how to apply? When do you call it grieving the Holy Spirit?John 7:24Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Hebrews 3:13But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.


Righteous judging is when you point out to another how they are walking improperly in the faith, and then follow it up with exhortation to show them to help them in God's word how to properly walk.

If exhortation and esteeming does not follow the rebuking or reproving than and only then is it to be taken as wrongful judging and condemning of a person.

This is just a quick teaching on this as it can be drawn out in more detail but in a nutshell righteous judging is as follows:
Rebuking and reproving followed by exhortation and esteeming !!!
 
I meant again..boy I have been messing up with typing today..I meant Exhort
 
What is righteous judging? As I see we are to do that...When, where, how to apply? When do we know when to exhort. as I see we are to do that too! When, where, how to apply? When do you call it grieving the Holy Spirit?John 7:24Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Hebrews 3:13But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

If you see someone headed to hell. do you love them by not trying to show them their error. Or love them by exposing their mistake?

This new age thinking that we do not judge anyones belief and supposed to be lovey dovey and let them continue to hell is not found in the word of God or was it practiced. Jesus could come across as very harsh (especially if not watered down in the english) But he did it because he loved people.
 
It is so wonderful to feel the love being spread around, love you all !!!

Thanks be to God for His wonderful grace !!!

Too bad we all can't get along like this just for starters, then we might have a chance to see some REAL edification. Just might. Purposeful misrepresentations for the sake of attempting to shut people off that they disagree with shows a certain fear, and it isn't a fear of the Lord.
 
I find it amazing that some people don't have it in them to come right out and say that "there are just some scriptures that I just cannot accept due to the grace of Jesus Christ."

I have concluded that some people preach Paul in order to justify this incorrect belief, but when I post and quote Acts 24:14, a blind eye is turned, and that scripture is disregarded. It's sad actually.

Don't be deceived, for at the beginning assumptions and accusations permeated this thread. That was taken care of, but the only thing accomplished was peaceful disagreement, and edification leading to agreement was thrown to the wind as always. I do hope that this thread enlightened those who really wanted to be enlightened. May God bless all of you who esteem His total word as currently true today, as it always has been from the beginning of time.

To me it has become easy to see the motivating spirit that engineers and instigates controversy, speaking against those of us who do not deny any part of God's spoken word by directing conversation to an assumed, faithless, legalistic, works only format of presumptuousness.
Psalm 19:13

With this said, Jesus gave us the example of how to resist the devil. He quoted Deuteronomy 3 times to him, and then Satan left. Obviously those quotes of Jesus have eminence power to resist the devil.

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7

If we cannot see who is behind this division in the church, we need to; "Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." 1 Corinthians 15:34
 
I find it amazing that some people don't have it in them to come right out and say that "there are just some scriptures that I just cannot accept due to the grace of Jesus Christ."

I have concluded that some people preach Paul in order to justify this incorrect belief, but when I post and quote Acts 24:14, a blind eye is turned, and that scripture is disregarded. It's sad actually.

Don't be deceived, for at the beginning assumptions and accusations permeated this thread. That was taken care of, but the only thing accomplished was peaceful disagreement, and edification leading to agreement was thrown to the wind as always. I do hope that this thread enlightened those who really wanted to be enlightened. May God bless all of you who esteem His total word as currently true today, as it always has been from the beginning of time.

To me it has become easy to see the motivating spirit that engineers and instigates controversy, speaking against those of us who do not deny any part of God's spoken word by directing conversation to an assumed, faithless, legalistic, works only format of presumptuousness.
Psalm 19:13

With this said, Jesus gave us the example of how to resist the devil. He quoted Deuteronomy 3 times to him, and then Satan left. Obviously those quotes of Jesus have eminence power to resist the devil.

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7

If we cannot see who is behind this division in the church, we need to; "Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." 1 Corinthians 15:34

whats even more amazing (and I know you can not see this, and that's fine, for I do not have to answer to you anyway, I answer to God) is that we keep being told we do not "believe all things written in the law and prophets) When we do.

Who in their right mind would not believe all the commands Jesus gave? Who would not believe the OT examples God wrote to us in our bibles. Who would not believe the prophets and warnings we were given in the OT.

to claim to follow Christ but ignore his word and say it is not true is not what anyone In here teaches, but you and your ilk keeps saying they do. SO why is that? Because your to proud to realize that? or because you really can't see the lies are are telling?

and you wonder why people get so mad at you and treat you the way they do. Your false accusations and lack of understanding of what people believe due to your pride is just mind boggling.
 
love....love...love....enough of this wishy washy stuff.....back to the swords and stones.
But before we continue...."Everyone group hug" aawwwww
Now get back to it...lol
 
love....love...love....enough of this wishy washy stuff.....back to the swords and stones.
But before we continue...."Everyone group hug" aawwwww
Now get back to it...lol
Sorry :o

Too bad the definitions of how to exact that love God's way are rejected by some.
Leviticus 19:11-18
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the Lord.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbour, neither rob him: the wages of him that is hired shall not abide with thee all night until the morning.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumblingblock before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the Lord.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour; I am the Lord.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord.

Matthew 5:43-50
[SUP]43 [/SUP]Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
[SUP]44 [/SUP]But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
[SUP]45 [/SUP]That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
[SUP]46 [/SUP]For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
[SUP]47 [/SUP]And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
[SUP]48 [/SUP]Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

John 13:34-35
[SUP]34 [/SUP]A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
[SUP]35 [/SUP]By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Deuteronomy 6:1-6
1 Now these are the commandments, the statutes, and the judgments, which the Lord your God commanded to teach you, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go to possess it:
[SUP]2 [/SUP]That thou mightest fear the Lord thy God, to keep all his statutes and his commandments, which I command thee, thou, and thy son, and thy son's son, all the days of thy life; and that thy days may be prolonged.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]Hear therefore, O Israel, and observe to do it; that it may be well with thee, and that ye may increase mightily, as the Lord God of thy fathers hath promised thee, in the land that floweth with milk and honey.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:
[SUP]5 [/SUP]And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Deuteronomy 5:10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. (which include the definitions in both OT and NT) Arbitrarily saying the law of love in the OT is total condemnation because it's in the law is totally ludicrous.

 
Last edited:
Sorry :o

Too bad the definitions of how to exact that love God's way are rejected by some.
Leviticus 19:11-18
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the Lord.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbour, neither rob him: the wages of him that is hired shall not abide with thee all night until the morning.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumblingblock before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the Lord.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour; I am the Lord.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord.

Matthew 5:43-50
[SUP]43 [/SUP]Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
[SUP]44 [/SUP]But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
[SUP]45 [/SUP]That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
[SUP]46 [/SUP]For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
[SUP]47 [/SUP]And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
[SUP]48 [/SUP]Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

John 13:34-35
[SUP]34 [/SUP]A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
[SUP]35 [/SUP]By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Deuteronomy 6:1-6
1 Now these are the commandments, the statutes, and the judgments, which the Lord your God commanded to teach you, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go to possess it:
[SUP]2 [/SUP]That thou mightest fear the Lord thy God, to keep all his statutes and his commandments, which I command thee, thou, and thy son, and thy son's son, all the days of thy life; and that thy days may be prolonged.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]Hear therefore, O Israel, and observe to do it; that it may be well with thee, and that ye may increase mightily, as the Lord God of thy fathers hath promised thee, in the land that floweth with milk and honey.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:
[SUP]5 [/SUP]And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Deuteronomy 5:10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. (which include the definitions in both OT and NT) Arbitrarily saying this is condemnation because it's in the law is totally ludicrous.


rolls eyes.

Those are not instructions of how to love, Love is the instruction of hw we accomplish those commands.


Jesus gave the full defenition of love, No greater love has anyone than they give their life for the one they love.

Love is sacrificial. It is not self edifying, self promoting, self fulfilling, but self giving.


As paul said.

Romans 13:10
Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Maybe one day you will get it.
 
I find it amazing that some people don't have it in them to come right out and say that "there are just some scriptures that I just cannot accept due to the grace of Jesus Christ."

I have concluded that some people preach Paul in order to justify this incorrect belief, but when I post and quote Acts 24:14, a blind eye is turned, and that scripture is disregarded. It's sad actually.

Don't be deceived, for at the beginning assumptions and accusations permeated this thread. That was taken care of, but the only thing accomplished was peaceful disagreement, and edification leading to agreement was thrown to the wind as always. I do hope that this thread enlightened those who really wanted to be enlightened. May God bless all of you who esteem His total word as currently true today, as it always has been from the beginning of time.

To me it has become easy to see the motivating spirit that engineers and instigates controversy, speaking against those of us who do not deny any part of God's spoken word by directing conversation to an assumed, faithless, legalistic, works only format of presumptuousness.
Psalm 19:13

With this said, Jesus gave us the example of how to resist the devil. He quoted Deuteronomy 3 times to him, and then Satan left. Obviously those quotes of Jesus have eminence power to resist the devil.

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7

If we cannot see who is behind this division in the church, we need to; "Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." 1 Corinthians 15:34

I would hope you would reject some scripture because of the "grace of Jesus" or we are going to have to get you circumcised. *snip snip* You don't understand covenants. You make accusations that do not align with the belief system of the opposing party. You fail to realize that somethings were said under Law that only apply to a person under Law. We are not under the Law and therefore it doesn't apply to us. Its that simple, we are under a new and better covenant (a covenant of grace).

Your mistake is that you don't look at scripture through the lens of the cross. What I mean by that is that you don't understand the Old Testament from the perspective that we are under a new covenant and Jesus changed things when he died on the cross and resurrected on the third day. It completely changed how we relate to God, the veil is torn. There were things said in the OT that cannot, does not, and will not apply to a person in the NT.

It is not a matter of acceptance, or of a denying of scripture. It is a matter of rightly dividing the Word through the finished work of Jesus. There are verses that we must understand from the perspective of post-cross, otherwise we make void grace and faith. We bring mixture in, we take OT principles and try to combine them with NT principles and it doesn't work. It makes void grace, it nullifies it.

PS: Your allegations of denying scripture is getting annoying. No one part of this discussion is denying scripture, we are just rightly dividing scripture with the understanding of what Jesus has done on our behalf.
 
  • Like
Reactions: eternally-gratefull
So, after all this I still didn't get my answers, and we're back to the same old arguments?

I wasn't asking for a truce. I was asking for understanding and a bit of love. I guess that isn't possible on this site.
 
I would hope you would reject some scripture because of the "grace of Jesus" or we are going to have to get you circumcised. *snip snip* You don't understand covenants. You make accusations that do not align with the belief system of the opposing party. You fail to realize that somethings were said under Law that only apply to a person under Law. We are not under the Law and therefore it doesn't apply to us. Its that simple, we are under a new and better covenant (a covenant of grace).

Your mistake is that you don't look at scripture through the lens of the cross. What I mean by that is that you don't understand the Old Testament from the perspective that we are under a new covenant and Jesus changed things when he died on the cross and resurrected on the third day. It completely changed how we relate to God, the veil is torn. There were things said in the OT that cannot, does not, and will not apply to a person in the NT.

It is not a matter of acceptance, or of a denying of scripture. It is a matter of rightly dividing the Word through the finished work of Jesus. There are verses that we must understand from the perspective of post-cross, otherwise we make void grace and faith. We bring mixture in, we take OT principles and try to combine them with NT principles and it doesn't work. It makes void grace, it nullifies it.

PS: Your allegations of denying scripture is getting annoying. No one part of this discussion is denying scripture, we are just rightly dividing scripture with the understanding of what Jesus has done on our behalf.
You have the option of not reading my posts. If it's annoying then it's your fault that you are annoyed. Let all of God's words circumcise your heart and stop being so stiffnecked toward what He has spoken. It's the law.

Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked. Deuteronomy 10:16

And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. Deuteronomy 30:6

Circumcise yourselves to the Lord, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings. Jeremiah 4:4
 
Last edited:
So, after all this I still didn't get my answers, and we're back to the same old arguments?

I wasn't asking for a truce. I was asking for understanding and a bit of love. I guess that isn't possible on this site.

I'm not refuting any particular person any longer but I am being refuted. I am responding to the refutations however. Not hard to see who wants to argue.
 
Last edited:
I'm not refuting any particular person any longer but I am being refuted. I am responding to the refutations however. Not hard to see who wants to argue.
Yup. You refute. You refute above all else. I asked a question of both you and Ben and got no complete answer from either.

I guess refuting is more important.
 
So, after all this I still didn't get my answers, and we're back to the same old arguments?

I wasn't asking for a truce. I was asking for understanding and a bit of love. I guess that isn't possible on this site.

Sigh... I can only say get over it. Not offensively but as a matter of stop with the holier than thou silliness. We are having a discussion and though it can get heated through passions hate is not in the equation towards the other. It may be towards the doctrine but not the person.

We aren't arguing so much as discussing, however when people throw allegations it can be annoying. I am not convicted by anything just-me says, I am not being "stiff-necked towards God's words, its the Law' as he says. Allegations and insults hurled and yet again he fails to see the error of upholding the words of Jesus at the cost of the liberty He purchased for us. He, once again, doesn't rightly divide the Word. This is a fact and observation, not an allegation. It is the truth.