Happy Birthday Eve to Jesus...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I was reading a devotional and it read something along the line of…

This is not intended to help you become a better person, but rather to help you develop a more intimate, agape like, relationship with Christ.

Wow, what a sweet epiphany this brought me.

So often, I am so focused on trying to do better, be better. While growth is good, and even honorable, it can produce a very self focused mindset. The irony of trying desperately to die to self, while focusing on self growth...well, it produces quite the conflict of interest.

So on this Birthday Eve of Christ, I bring my focus away from how I am, who I am, and direct my energy towards the One who God Himself gave, to bring hope and joy, love and peace, healing, mercy and salvation.

It is so fruitless to be so wrapped up in our growth, even our suffering, that we forget the One that does the molding and healing.

Oh Jesus, You have given so much, done so much. Your gifts are forever bountiful, but the greatest blessing of all is You.

On this very special Birthday Eve, I want to give You something special, something wonderful, but everything I have to give already belongs to You.

Happy Birthday Eve to You, Yeshua. May Your radiance be walked out each and every day in the lives of those which belongs to You. May we find ways to pay You forward...

May doing so bless You.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

With warmest wishes for a wonderful celebration of Christ's incarnation :)

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I like celebrating His Birthday, every day. I take no offense in choosing this day to celebrate, this day and every day. To those who do, well, sorry about that. I hope you are finding peace and joy in Him, this day and every day.

Feb 28, 2016
this is like saying: every day is the Sabbath': EVERY DAY is definitely NOT the (7th)DAY, hello!!!
1-2-3-4-5-6-(SABBATH)
all those who Love their Holy Saviour, enjoy peace and joy, in some way,
each and every day of their lives, but, they are for sure separate from the rest of the world,
for they live to honour His Holy Commant = 'If you love Me, keep My Commandments'...

'separate' means 'separate', and those that ARE, KNOW who they are!!!

Feb 3, 2018
do we know forsure that Jesus was born on this day? we must remember that holidays are man made & so is religion.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
do we know forsure that Jesus was born on this day? we must remember that holidays are man made & so is religion.
I like celebrating His Birthday, every day. I take no offense in choosing this day to celebrate, this day and every day. To those who do, well, sorry about that. I hope you are finding peace and joy in Him, this day and every day.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
We were not told when exactly Jesus was born, though there are many theories and postulations put forth.

It seems most likely to me that Jesus was born during the Feast of Sukkot, also known as the Feast of Tabernacles. Sukkot begins five days after Yom Kippur, from day 15-21 of the Hebrew month of Tishri (September or October). A characteristic of Sukkot, being one of three pilgrimage festivals, is the requirement of Israel's men to leave their homes and to dwell in temporary shelters or booths... which is exactly what Jesus did for His incarnation, in leaving His heavenly abode to temporarily take on flesh and walk this world, so that He could fulfill hundreds of prophesies concerning Him, and give His life as a ransom for many. Sukkot is a reminder of God's deliverance, faithfulness, protection, and provision. You can learn more about Sukkot here.

GiveThanks

God Will Make A Way
Dec 6, 2020
The son existed with God before time began. He was with God before coming to earth.

Feb 28, 2016
JOHN 17:5.
And now, O Father, glorify Thou Me with Your own Self with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

JOHN 1:
In the beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God, and The Word was God.
The Same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made.
In Him was life; and The Life was The Light of men.
And The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory
as of The only Begotten of The Father,) full of Grace and Truth.