Hardest Lesson

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Sometimes going with a sub-optimal way now IS better than taking the time to do it a better way. For a nerd this can be a hard lesson.

I'm still learning that one. Sometimes.

In related news, I am never, ever, ever again going with our sysadmin to buy an air conditioner.
This is sooooo funny, in its spot on truth. Hahaha.

L

LittleMermaid

I used to think that by writing on my facebook wall "homosexuality is evil!" people would stop being gay. I ended up just losing some friends over that.
Now I know that I'm a sinner too just as much as gay people and that Jesus loves them and died for them too. I do my best to be kind to them but I am aware homosexuality is wrong. I just prefer to take the approach of "it's between them and God."

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
anointed have learned the hard way what it means to be the self that God wants him to be the value of true friendship and those who care about him they are the best treasures he could possibly ask for More valuable than any possible success he could ever ask for when debating or whatever converts he can win over

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
anointed have learned the hard way what it means to be the self that God wants him to be the value of true friendship and those who care about him they are the best treasures he could possibly ask for More valuable than any possible success he could ever ask for when debating or whatever converts he can win over
I’m with anointed on this.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
I used to think that by writing on my facebook wall "homosexuality is evil!" people would stop being gay. I ended up just losing some friends over that.
Now I know that I'm a sinner too just as much as gay people and that Jesus loves them and died for them too. I do my best to be kind to them but I am aware homosexuality is wrong. I just prefer to take the approach of "it's between them and God."
I'm a sinner too. Thing is, I consider you a good person. A person who cares for others - a person who understands the importance of salvation, the significance of the pure Mercy paid for in blood. The difference in you is that you are convicted by your sin. You understand what the conviction implies.

Now - you're not in the heart changing business. That actually is the thing that's "between them and God". But if you truly are a good person and a person who cares for others as you would like others to care for you, then in my mind you were right to warn them.

I feel like God's Own words are under attack. That popular sentiment outweighs God's direction. Because of your conviction, you understand that, but what of the homosexual that you treat as you would like him/her to treat you? On their final hour when it's "between them and God" would you like to be in that same place?

Because homosexuality is an abomination to God, it's got to be an abomination to me too. It's not my universe and I know sooo little of all the implications and downfalls and tribulations that the tragedy of sin causes. Please remember that the sins of sexual immorality hurts more than one... every. single. time.

This is that narrow road we were always warned of and never paid attention to because it seems so many followed. Now it's more narrow and harder to follow. Your personal friends will choose to not walk that road. And that's going to hurt.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
Legitimately my mother is a good cook but when I was little, not so much.

Mine is a wonderful cook and when I was young, I expected everyone to be that way. Being quite expressive in how I felt when I was younger, it made for some interesting dinners at other people's homes. :)