Has the second coming occurred already?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 12, 2012
When are you claiming the Lord’s literal, visible second coming to earth to establish His kingdom and reign in Jerusalem on the throne of David?
Exactly when Daniel ch 2, prophecied He would, set-up His kingdom in the earth at the time of Rome; it would fill the whole Earth, His kingdom would never be removed and would never end.

In 70ad, the resurrection of the dead, the devil is no longer the ruler of the world!

And by the way there's your perfect paradigm that refutes the false prophecies of the secret snatching away of the church, in the 21st century or anyother time! That is if you give the prophets of God their due?!

But like I've said until you get this other crap out of your head, God will not allow you to get it, that's God's way.

Anyway I appreciate your question! Not trying to be rude but God only allows us to see what we can see! But you already know that 🤓

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I find it interesting that this topic devolved so quickly into ad hominem comments, derision, and dismissal.

Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised. Sacred cows don't die easily. I wonder whether anyone who holds strongly a particular position has seriously considered other positions (and not just to debunk them).

Oct 12, 2012
As I've already stated, has hyperbole and the symbolic language of the ancient prophets of God ever crossed your minds, as being in play here????

But thanks

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
Exactly when Daniel ch 2, prophecied He would, set-up His kingdom in the earth at the time of Rome; it would fill the whole Earth, His kingdom would never be removed and would never end.

In 70ad, the resurrection of the dead, the devil is no longer the ruler of the world!

And by the way there's your perfect paradigm that refutes the false prophecies of the secret snatching away of the church, in the 21st century or anyother time! That is if you give the prophets of God their due?!

But like I've said until you get this other crap out of your head, God will not allow you to get it, that's God's way.

Anyway I appreciate your question! Not trying to be rude but God only allows us to see what we can see! But you already know that 🤓
Where would be the evidence of the resurrection of the dead in 70 AD? Mark 13: 26-27 gives a descriptive account of the taking of the elect. Also in 2 Timothy 2:17 Paul’s talks about Hymenaeus and Philetus false teaching of the resurrection.

As for the Satan no longer being the ruler of the air, I would simply say look at the state of the world since the beginning. Humans are still running amuck with wickedness.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
I find it interesting that this topic devolved so quickly into ad hominem comments, derision, and dismissal.

Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised. Sacred cows don't die easily. I wonder whether anyone who holds strongly a particular position has seriously considered other positions (and not just to debunk them).
If you think it’s bad here, you should see the comments on YouTube about this.

Apr 3, 2019
Frank Turek whom I admire takes the preterism position as well. The Jewish-Roman Wars are well documented and there is no indication that anything supernatural had occurred.

Israel couldn’t have been Babylon as its description is not in conjunction with chapter 17 of Revelation. Israel is show symbolically as the women clothed in the sun. There is a contrast between her and the women atop the beast.

Babylon is described as the abomination of the world. A centralized world power. Israel was certainly not that between 66-70 AD. Rome was more akin to that.

Again there are many flaws with this type of replacement theology.
It's not replacement theology - Israel was transformed by renewal - the apostles formed the basis/foundation of the new city of Israel and temple

(Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God)

(Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone)

(1 Pet 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light)

Peter states that in Christ people are a holy nation which was the previous designation that Israel after the flesh held. And Peter was writing to the diaspora (scattered) tribes as was James 1:1

(Deu 14:2 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.)

But guess what, in Israel's transformation (those that were not cut off/destroyed from among the people) became a spiritual nation with a spiritual priesthood which always was to include the Gentile.

(Acts 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.)

70 AD was the "cutoff" date.

Paul plainly states the Jewish nation was persecuting the church would not inherit the kingdom - read Galatians.

(Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.)

(Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son)

Futurist theologies have the apostate nation becoming heirs.

The tribes had 40 years to come out of her - Jerusalem, this is the second Exodus motif before the nation was destroyed:

(Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.)

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
It's not replacement theology - Israel was transformed by renewal - the apostles formed the basis/foundation of the new city of Israel and temple

(Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God)

(Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone)

(1 Pet 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light)

Peter states that in Christ people are a holy nation which was the previous designation that Israel after the flesh held. And Peter was writing to the diaspora (scattered) tribes as was James 1:1

(Deu 14:2 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.)

But guess what, in Israel's transformation (those that were not cut off/destroyed from among the people) became a spiritual nation with a spiritual priesthood which always was to include the Gentile.

(Acts 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.)

70 AD was the "cutoff" date.

Paul plainly states the Jewish nation was persecuting the church would not inherit the kingdom - read Galatians.

(Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.)

(Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son)

Futurist theologies have the apostate nation becoming heirs.

The tribes had 40 years to come out of her - Jerusalem, this is the second Exodus motif before the nation was destroyed:

(Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.)
Again think scripture is being misapplied.

Oct 12, 2012
Where would be the evidence of the resurrection of the dead in 70 AD? Mark 13: 26-27 gives a descriptive account of the taking of the elect. Also in 2 Timothy 2:17 Paul’s talks about Hymenaeus and Philetus false teaching of the resurrection.

As for the Satan no longer being the ruler of the air, I would simply say look at the state of the world since the beginning. Humans are still running amuck with wickedness.
First of all, as I've stated Paul wrote these things in about the 50s ad, 2nd coming in about 70ad; has the church not been given authority over the Prince of darkness? Has the stone not been spreading into the whole earth for nearly 2000 years now?

Is the fight to bring the gospel to where it could never be before, not going on right now??

The light of God in Christ Jesus is shining through out the entire earth. Why, then, do you say, does it seem so dark?? Because now darkness has no place to hide! And it is striking out furiously!

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Come on now! If He returns like you all say I'll be way more embarrassed than that! That's silly!
I'm embarrassed for you now as you think Jesus second coming has already occurred and don't realize what that means for you.

Jesus said all the world would see Him when He returned. The second coming hasn't occurred yet. For someone to teach or believe Jesus' second coming occurred in 70A.D, or at any time after His ascension for that matter, and in a spiritual sense, they'd have to explain why their idea as pertains to that contradicts Jesus teaching as to how it would go when He does return, physically so that all the world would see, and every knee shall bow.
Every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him, and all the nations of the earth (tribes) will see Him.
It hasn't happened yet.

Oct 12, 2012
I'm embarrassed for you now as you think Jesus second coming has already occurred and don't realize what that means for you.

Jesus said all the world would see Him when He returned. The second coming hasn't occurred yet. For someone to teach or believe Jesus' second coming occurred in 70A.D, or at any time after His ascension for that matter, and in a spiritual sense, they'd have to explain why their idea as pertains to that contradicts Jesus teaching as to how it would go when He does return, physically so that all the world would see, and every knee shall bow.
Every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him, and all the nations of the earth (tribes) will see Him.
It hasn't happened yet.
No, He was speaking of the creation in Adam?! All those eyes would see him!!

That never ever had anything to do with me and you. Bringing forth the first born unto the resurrection of the dead, was a promise to the faithful of old covenant Israel!

I find it sad how lost the church has really become. But I can just say what I can!!

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
No, He was speaking of the creation in Adam?! All those eyes would see him!!

That never ever had anything to do with me and you. Bringing forth the first born unto the resurrection of the dead, was a promise to the faithful of old covenant Israel!

I find it sad how lost the church has really become. But I can just say what I can!!
Oh, another "messenger". Hmmmm. :unsure:

Now all you have to do is prove what you're saying using scripture, in its proper contextual application of course.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
First of all, as I've stated Paul wrote these things in about the 50s ad, 2nd coming in about 70ad; has the church not been given authority over the Prince of darkness? Has the stone not been spreading into the whole earth for nearly 2000 years now?

Is the fight to bring the gospel to where it could never be before, not going on right now??

The light of God in Christ Jesus is shining through out the entire earth. Why, then, do you say, does it seem so dark?? Because now darkness has no place to hide! And it is striking out furiously!
We know when Paul wrote his epistles, that’s not what’s being brought into question. I was using those as examples.

Christ has power over Satan and by that same power we as individuals came overcome. Since Satan has not been bound up yet, the Earth is still his dominion. Just look at how this creation still conducts itself.

God’s Kingdom reigns in the hearts of men, but a time will come when a physical kingdom will rule with truth, justice, and peace. This current Earth is not that.

Apr 15, 2017
I noticed some apologists use this as Jesus words were true that some would not see death until His second coming. The 40 prothetic terminology. I can see how that is applicable, but there other things that aren’t included such as; worldly events, the entire world would see His second coming, the millennial kingdom, and varies other aspects of Revelation. I’m not sold on replacement theology.
Mat 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
Mat 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Jesus said there is some standing there that shall not die physically until they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom, so it cannot be speaking of the future as of now for they would not be alive to see it so it would have to be in the first century.

Mar 9:1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

Some shall not die until they seen the kingdom of God come with power which is the kingdom of the Son.

Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

But Jesus said the kingdom of God comes without visible observation for the kingdom of God is within you when you receive the Spirit so they could of not seen any visible sign of the kingdom of God coming.

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

When the saints receive the Spirit they receive power from the Spirit.

Jesus said the kingdom of God comes without a visible sign of it but the kingdom of God is within you when you receive the Spirit which you receive power.

Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy.

At the day of Pentecost when the Spirit was available to receive the kingdom of God had come and with power, for the kingdom of God comes without observation but the kingdom of God is within you when you receive the Spirit and you receive power, and the power of the Holy Spirit operates among them.

Some did not die physically until they seen the day of Pentecost and the outpouring of the Spirit for then the kingdom of God had come.

And in the future Jesus will come back and the kingdom of God will be visible on earth for 1000 years for the LORD shall be King over all the earth, and there shall be one LORD and His name one, and the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, which the heathen shall only acknowledge Jesus.

Jesus will get His saints off this earth after the great tribulation, and then the world will attack Jerusalem, the Jews, and Jesus will come back with the saints and defeat the world and save Israel.

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Israel as a nation has 70 weeks, 490 years, to make an end of sins, bring in everlasting righteousness, and anoint the most holy who is Jesus, which the time started before Jesus came for the Jews were not in the truth for if they had been in the truth the Roman Empire would not of been able to rule over the Jews.

Israel as a nation is not in the truth so the 70th week could of not been fulfilled.

The 70th week is when God causes all people that do not love the truth to follow the beast, and when they do then He will end this sin business on earth, and brings Israel to the truth that Jesus is their Messiah.

It is the nation of Israel that has to fulfill the 70 weeks by being in the truth by the end of the 70 weeks but they will have help from God for He will send them 2 witnesses to turn them to the truth.

So for people that say that the 70th week was fulfilled in the first century it is not true for if it were true Israel as a nation would acknowledge Jesus as Lord and Savior, but we know God allowed the Roman Empire to overthrow Jerusalem because they rejected Christ and scatter them in to the nations, and Israel is not in the truth today.

Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Jer 46:27 But fear not thou, O my servant Jacob, and be not dismayed, O Israel: for, behold, I will save thee from afar off, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and be in rest and at ease, and none shall make him afraid.
Jer 46:28 Fear thou not, O Jacob my servant, saith the LORD: for I am with thee; for I will make a full end of all the nations whither I have driven thee: but I will not make a full end of thee, but correct thee in measure; yet will I not leave thee wholly unpunished.

Eze 39:21 And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them.
Eze 39:22 So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.
Eze 39:28 Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
Eze 39:29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

God will restore the kingdom to the nation of Israel in the future and the 70th week will be fulfilled, which the peace treaty in the Middle East in the future will pave the way for all Jews to go to Israel for the Gentile nations will cause it to happen, and the man of sin, New Age Christ, wants them all back on their land.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

For Israel is blinded in part until salvation is no longer available to the Gentiles when they follow the beast and take his mark which has to do with technology, and so all Israel shall be saved.

Israel is blinded in part until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in, so the fulness of the Gentiles have not come in yet for if it had Israel would be not be blinded in part but in the truth.

All Israel shall be saved which cannot mean the first century for all Israel was not saved, so it is in the future when God restores the kingdom to Israel and saves them when the world attacks them at the battle of Armageddon.

The 70th week has not been fulfilled for Israel as a nation is not in the truth that Jesus is their Lord and Savior.

The prophesies people think are in the first century are in the future, for the only thing that happened in the first century is that small Roman Army overthrew Jerusalem, and the Jews were scattered in to the nations as a punishment from God for rejecting the truth and Jesus never came back then.

God said He is going to gather all nations together against Jerusalem in the future when the Gentile nations come together and try to establish peace on earth, and they go against the Jews, and Jerusalem will be a burdensome stone for all people, and all that burden themselves with it to go against Jerusalem shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth shall be gathered together against her.

Which could not be in the first century for that was only the Roman Empire not all nations, and not all people of the earth.

Continued,

Apr 15, 2017
Continued,

Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

The end of the world could of not come in the first century for Jesus did not take over the earth to rule it back then.

I think when Jesus was speaking to the disciples He meant Jews in general that know the truth and at the end time which is now.

Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

How can the disciples know of these things that shall occur in different places on earth with a limited view of their world.

Back then without technology about all you basically knew is when you went outside and looked around.

How can the disciples hear of wars and rumors of war, and nation against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes in different places of the earth when they had a limited view of their world.

If there was no technology today and it was like 2000 years ago how much do you think you would know of what is going on in the earth for you would not know but what you see around you, and do you think someone is going to travel 500 miles, 1000 miles, and tell you what is going on there, and that is only one part of the earth.

Dan 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. be finished.
Dan 12:8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
Dan 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Daniel did not understand what was told him for he had a limited view of the world, and was told to go his way for he could not understand it for it is sealed until the time of the end and then it is unsealed which they can then understand it.

Because many shall run to and fro, advanced travel, and knowledge shall be increased, advanced technology, which the saints can see, hear, and know what is going on in the earth and can understand how it is possible for the world to come together and rebel against God.

Which we know of WW1 and WW2, and all the wars that have happened for quite a while, and we know of the famines, and pestilences, and the earthquakes that are going on in the earth.

The disciples would be in the same position as Daniel having a limited view of their world so how would they know the things that are going on in the earth in different places.

Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

How could the disciples be hated of all nations when they only dealt with the Roman Empire but they can be in the future when they hinder the Gospel worldwide believing evolution is religion, and people are still evolving, the new age movement.

Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

How could iniquity abound so much back in the first century that the love of many shall wax cold without technology to cause their selfishness and self exaltation to skyrocket.

But today iniquity is abounding which iniquity is selfishness, and self exaltation, which is a lack of love, because technology caused money, and material things to flow like a raging river, and fleshy pleasures galore, and worldliness a plenty, and people went pursuing those things and it brought out the selfishness, and self exaltation of people to a level never seen before in the history of mankind.

Millions of dollars and billions of dollars is not good enough for them, and they pursue alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, vacations, cruises, worldliness of entertainment, movies, television, music, spending money to enjoy their life, and heaping money to themselves to exalt themselves, and neglecting the poor and needy.

And now the attitude is people basically care about themselves with little regard for anybody else, so you do not care about me, I do not care about you, and get all you can get and forget everyone else, and the love of many waxed cold for people will not like each other that much in an atmosphere like that.

That attitude could of not happened like that in the first century.

Pro 30:11 There is a generation that curseth their father, and doth not bless their mother.
Pro 30:12 There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness.
Pro 30:13 There is a generation, O how lofty are their eyes! and their eyelids are lifted up.
Pro 30:14 There is a generation, whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men.

Which God told us of the last generation before Jesus takes over where they will devour the poor from off the earth and the needy from among men for they will heap and heap, and reap and reap, which could of not happened in the first century or at any other time before technology.

For technology caused money to flow big time, and people can reach out to more people to make money, and to get money, which we see today with people who are billionaires, and that is crazy that one person can have that much money.

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

How could the Gospel be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations back in the first century, and how far could it of spread in the first century without technology, or advanced travel.

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand).

This is in the future when the Jews rebuild their temple and go back to animal sacrifices for they are blinded in part with no hassle from the Palestinians because of the Middle East peace treaty, and the New Age Christ steps in their temple and claims to be their God and Messiah.

Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

How could that be the greatest persecution in the history of the world against the truth in that tiny area of the world with a small Roman army when it is reported that 260 million Christians experience high levels of persecution in the world, and all the persecution throughout the history of the Church and in the first century is was the greatest persecution when there could of not been that many that claim Christianity yet.

But in the future it can be the greatest persecution as it will be on a worldwide level for the beast will make war with all people who keep the commandments of God, and the testimony of Jesus Christ.

And the new age movement is the future for this sinful world based on the occult, and evolution, and people are still evolving, and the nations will come together and try to establish peace on earth, and stop the Gospel from being preached worldwide which that persecution will be the greatest.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Verses 14 and 15 tell us what else Jesus accomplished through His death on the cross.

https://beta.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=hebrews+2&version=MOUNCE&interface=print
1583292369194.png

The Epistle to the Colossians chapter2:13 When you were dead [a]in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, 14 having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15 When He had [b]disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through [c]Him.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Wow that's funny 😆! Paul said, Jesus was that new creation ie new heaven and Earth! The old heaven and Earth in Adam has passed away behold all things have become new in Christ Jesus!
For a prophet you are THOROUGHLY CONFUSED.

The context makes it clear that Paul was speaking about the New Birth and its impact on the one who has been converted. He or she becomes a new creature in Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit. Study the conversion of Saul to Paul. He was preaching Christ within days of his conversion.

However. the Second Coming of Christ is still in the future, but it may not be too far away. As to the old heaven and earth, here is what has not happened and will happen just before the Second Coming -- there will be CATACLYSMIC COSMIC EVENTS.

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall [1] the sun be darkened, and [2] the moon shall not give her light, and [3] the stars shall fall from heaven, and [4] the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

And then shall appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. (Mt 24:29,30) Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen. (Rev 1:7)