Help me

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Knohope

Aug 27, 2019
I blasphemed against the holy spirit unintentionally?
When I said the hs is evil, I didnt mean for it to be used against the hs. I was thinking to used a word I can say without any consequences bc I knew about the unpardonable sin but I wanted to say something that wouldn't count.. I was playing with fire and I knew it but because of my anger the word evil slip right out of mouth....

Any advice....

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
When I said the hs is evil, I didnt mean for it to be used against the hs. I was thinking to used a word I can say without any consequences bc I knew about the unpardonable sin but I wanted to say something that wouldn't count.. I was playing with fire and I knew it but because of my anger the word evil slip right out of mouth....

Any advice....
God, our Father, does not hold the guilt of any sin against anyone they are not aware they have sinned…………..All love in Jesus, Yeshua. You will be just fine if you are truly sorry for the infraction……...

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
You worry too much. The unpardonable sin isn't saying that the HS is evil. The unpardonable sin is denying God, Jesus and the HS exist or ever existed..

Mar 28, 2016

Any advice....
I can offer my opinion... I has to fo with the unsen things and those seen .A mater of faith

Blaspheming against the Holy Spirit not seen comes as we deny Christ in unbelief (no faith like the foolish Galatians ) . But remember he cannot deny us if he has paid the wage of sin in our place

.If he has begun the good work he will call us and turn us towards him so that we then moved by the Spirit working in the believer it can in return repent us and comfort one self with a big hug form our Father. reminding us to put a way childish things.

2 Timothy 2:12-14 King James Version (KJV) If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

Peter Mathew 16: 22-23) under the influence of the father of lies did blaspheme the name of God. But is was in respect to the things of men seen, the Son of man Jesus. Jesus refused to take the glory belong to the unseen father and making it after his own self as flesh seen he was forgiven

Now that the Son of man is no longer here all power is seen going directly to the unseen holy place . If a person continues to blaspheme (attribute the work of one to another, like plagiarism)) in respect to the things not seen the eternal . . . They have no other way to be forgiven .They have rejected the word of God as the author and finisher of our new faith . He will call back those he can forgive

Matthew 12:31-32 ]Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost (not seen) shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man,(seen) it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Knohope

Aug 27, 2019
I can offer my opinion... I has to fo with the unsen things and those seen .A mater of faith

Blaspheming against the Holy Spirit not seen comes as we deny Christ in unbelief (no faith like the foolish Galatians ) . But remember he cannot deny us if he has paid the wage of sin in our place

.If he has begun the good work he will call us and turn us towards him so that we then moved by the Spirit working in the believer it can in return repent us and comfort one self with a big hug form our Father. reminding us to put a way childish things.

2 Timothy 2:12-14 King James Version (KJV) If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

Peter Mathew 16: 22-23) under the influence of the father of lies did blaspheme the name of God. But is was in respect to the things of men seen, the Son of man Jesus. Jesus refused to take the glory belong to the unseen father and making it after his own self as flesh seen he was forgiven

Now that the Son of man is no longer here all power is seen going directly to the unseen holy place . If a person continues to blaspheme (attribute the work of one to another, like plagiarism)) in respect to the things not seen the eternal . . . They have no other way to be forgiven .They have rejected the word of God as the author and finisher of our new faith . He will call back those he can forgive

Matthew 12:31-32 ]Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost (not seen) shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man,(seen) it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
So I'm doomed... because I still believe in Jesus and Gods word however because of my incident I feel like I can no longer come to Christ because I feel ashamed for what I've done/said... I dont know what to do anymore....

Prognostic

Jan 5, 2018
So I'm doomed... because I still believe in Jesus and Gods word however because of my incident I feel like I can no longer come to Christ because I feel ashamed for what I've done/said... I dont know what to do anymore....
I'm feeling you mate. I know how you feel! I've done some really messed up stuff just lately and it's really effected me badly (internally). I just can't shake it off and just feel so low about it. And find it hard to go to God in prayer in any way because of it. But you know what? There's a part of me that's saying that's exactly when you should go to God. That's exactly when we should come to Christ in that sense as it's then when we need Him the most. So I know it's hard. But the more you go to Him, the easier it will become. Just remember, whatever you have done, and now regret, the feelings that you feel, it's a life lesson, not a life sentence! So keep ya chin up! You're loved immeasurably!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Any advice....
Yeah, just relax. The fact that you feel bad about this shows that you did not commit the unpardonable sin. Hopefully, you will find comfort, support and understanding from the members of this site. Glad to have you onboard with us. Welcome to CC.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI

Any advice....
If you are worried about it, you did not do it. Pray for forgiveness and to be filled with the Holy Spirit.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I am very encouraged that your conscience was/is pricked. To me it seems you are open to growth, that the HS is alive and working in you.

Mar 28, 2016
That was not my point. Like another poster replied your conscience was/is pricked as a work of the Holy Spirit .

If you are saved you are subject to Him calling to repent. If not you will not .

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
The fact that you feel ashamed is exactly why you can indeed come to Christ. God knows your heart; you are loved and you are forgiven. Don’t make the mistake of taking scripture out of context. The fact that you feel ashamed shows that you love God and for that God rejoices. Relax in His grace.

RevelationsMc

Aug 23, 2019
Usa
Galatians 5:16 KJV
[16] This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Your problem is a lack of foundational truth. Salvation is based on the work that Jesus did via the Cross, and Resurrection. Your mind is yet to be renewed in this truth. Nothing we do or say will affect this when we put our trust wholly in the redemption that was paid for all the world.

Your mind is yet carnal and will betray you. Truth is when we are born from above, we died with Jesus and then resurrected as a new creation man/woman. You aren’t what you was...😉

Get in the Word and study.

Watchman Née has a teaching called The Spiritual Man. Will teach you all you need to know about what and who you are.

The devil likes to use the carnal mind against the babes. So get the truth and then tread all over him with the truth.

I love to do this because he tormented me too until....Jesus!

RevelationsMc

Aug 23, 2019
Usa
Galatians 5:16 KJV
[16] This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Feb 28, 2016
unfortunately, while we are still living in this 'fallen-world' ruled and over-lorded by satan,
he can sometimes get a shoe-in, in order to challenge our Faith and Confidence in our Holy Master,
after all, we are still human and on and in a continual path of growth and climbing UP -
the wily one will use what ever is at hand, and that is usually one of our personal weaknesses
that we have yet to 'over-come', after all, it is a one-day-at-a-time-process -
don't be to hard on yourself, just realize 'where you are' at this time in your calling, and
try your very best to fulfill what Christ expects of you - nothing to be ashamed of here, IF
we're doing our very best.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
If you carefully observe what happened in the Bible, the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit was when the Pharisees attributed Jesus healing and resurrecting people to demons.
The Bible teaches us:
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If it says all, then it means ALL unrighteousness.
Based on this, the only unforgivable sin is the sin you won't confess! This was the problem with the Pharisees. They saw and, as the Bible says, knew Jesus operated in the power of God, but called Jesus demonic.

Knohope

Aug 27, 2019
Thanks for all the responses and encouragement but truth is I'm going to hell. Mark 3 30 explains it all. The only comfort that I have is just maybe it's on going and not a single act. Iread somewhere about imperfect tense and greek verb tense that would apply a continual but again I could be wrong.

Knohope

Aug 27, 2019
Also I hope you guys will learn from my mistake blasphemy against the holy spirit
Is speaking evil mark 3 30 because they said jesus who has the holy spirit that dwells in him is unclean impure evil demonic of the devil. Another way of saying the hs is evil which has never forgiveness and is judged. Which is my fate.

Knohope

Aug 27, 2019
Blasphemy against the holy spirit is said out loud. So all who are worry about blasphemous thoughts , you are being tempted by thdevil rebuke him.

L

Locoponydirtman

Any advice....
When Jesus issued this warning it was because the Pharisees, were standing there watching prophecy play out before their very eyes recognizing that the works before them was of God, and were convicted, yet they sought to bolster their resistance and harden their hearts, proclaimed what was clearly a good work of God to be of the devil. Even at that Jesus was issuing a warning about the road they were headed down. That road ended in their final damnation as they rejected Christ, hardening themselves even unto killing him, and then dying in a hardened state of rejection.
This is not a one shot stopper. Blasphemy against the Holy spirit is seeing him, recognizing his presence and bolstering your rejection of Christ even unto calling him evil.
Mind you though that with those same Pharisees standing there when he was on the cross he said, forgive them father for they know not what they do.

I'll give you a modern example, I watched a debate between a Christian and an atheist. The atheist punctuated his every assertion with a statement kind of like, he could not believe in a God who is so manifestly evil to commit the atrocities (as he saw it) in cases such as the great flood. He continually asserted that the God of the Bible is evil, as a form of reaffirming his unbelief. If this man fails to submit to the obvious working of the Holy spirit convicting him he will be doomed.

So stop with the fear, and have faith.