Hey CC FAM

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MrsRMR

Sep 5, 2019
I Am a mom of 2. I feel God wants me to do a 3 day fast. However I am having such a hard time fasting. I am a mom, wife. And I work. It’s so hard to keep fasting. Any recommendations or bible verses that would help. Thank you in advance 🥰

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Drink ALOT of water or juice. I drink 4 to 6 liter bottles of water per day.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Welcome to CC, MrsRMR!

And listen to what Blue said. She gives good advice. ;) (y)

MrsRMR

Sep 5, 2019
Thank you guys so much! 💕

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Hey you welcome, I too am a mother of two. Fasting, not easy. I hope you'll update us on how it went. As far as tips, I would just keep asking Him to feed your spirit as you are seeking to put away the fleshes need to eat.

I will lift you in prayer.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
For a deeper understanding of the physical and spiritual issues related to fasting, I recommend the relevant chapter in Richard Foster's Celebration of Discipline.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Gallon jug of water...camp out at kitchen table with bible and jug. Write out a list for children if they can read/follow written directions?

Reading out loud has helped me at times.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I Am a mom of 2. I feel God wants me to do a 3 day fast. However I am having such a hard time fasting. I am a mom, wife. And I work. It’s so hard to keep fasting. Any recommendations or bible verses that would help. Thank you in advance 🥰
I have never fasted so don't have any pertinent advice to offer but there are many members that are knowledgeable in this area that may be able to offer counsel. Glad to have you onboard with us. Welcome to CC.

May 25, 2015
What do you feel God leading you to fast? All food? Can you still drink liquids? I know some people fast certain food items or even other things.

Aug 28, 2019
I tried to fast at one time and it did not work , now looking back on it i feel it did not work because it was what I wanted and not lead by God . 3 month later I felt God calling me to a 2 week fast and I was able to do it . I did drink a lot of liqueds . I feel it makes a diffrence if it is something we are wanting to do ourself or if it is God leading .