How did the giants survive a global flood?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2017
They didn't survive. They came up anew in the Tower of Babel, when I believe that, along with the appearance of new languages, the new races arose;

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
I suspect that Adam and Eve had children before the fall and I wouldn't be surprised if they were all male...
Were you intending to comment that you would be surprised if they were not all male? You might read over Genesis 6:1

How did freshwater fish survive the flood? There is much I don't understand how the flood worked. I simply believe there was a flood over the whole earth because God's word says there was.
I am not sure if questioning how freshwater fish survived the flood is appropriate since you believe God's word says there was a flood of saltwater. But if you believe that once the cloud of the firmament was brought over the earth the LORD said that the waters would never become a flood to destroy all flesh, then their shouldn't be any doubt that the flood was referring unto a flood of violence.

Thou carriest them away as with a flood; they are as a sleep: Ps 90:5​
Egypt riseth up like a flood, and his waters are moved like the rivers; and he saith, I will go up, and will cover the earth;Jer 46:8​
And with the arms of a flood shall they be overflown from before him, and shall be broken; yea, also the prince of the covenant.Dan 11:22​
There wouldn't have been any freshwater fish according to some since they claim that no cloud had ever rained upon the earth until the great flood.

C

claysmithr

maybe the same way they came to earth before the flood?

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Were you intending to comment that you would be surprised if they were not all male? You might read over Genesis 6:1

I am not sure if questioning how freshwater fish survived the flood is appropriate since you believe God's word says there was a flood of saltwater. But if you believe that once the cloud of the firmament was brought over the earth the LORD said that the waters would never become a flood to destroy all flesh, then their shouldn't be any doubt that the flood was referring unto a flood of violence.

Thou carriest them away as with a flood; they are as a sleep: Ps 90:5​
Egypt riseth up like a flood, and his waters are moved like the rivers; and he saith, I will go up, and will cover the earth;Jer 46:8​
And with the arms of a flood shall they be overflown from before him, and shall be broken; yea, also the prince of the covenant.Dan 11:22.​
Although prophecy does say waters/flood refers to people, that is not the case in Noah's flood. It was a literal flood of water.
There wouldn't have been any freshwater fish according to some since they claim that no cloud had ever rained upon the earth until the great flood.
Assumption. Gen. 2:5, 6 describe a fog that God used to water the earth before any rain. But that was still very early in the creation process. People also assume that people ate only fruit, because God gave them fruit for meat (which just translates to food). I believe God also instructed Adam on which animals he could use for food. We are first given reference to clean creatures in Gen. 7:2 when Noah was gathering animals for the ark. Obviously, that had already been their custom. There were fresh-water rivers then (see Gen. 2:10).

Blob-ready-to-eat.gif

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
I suspect that Adam and Eve had children before the fall and I wouldn't be surprised if they were all male...
btw: a curse is only unto the third generation.
Hello glf1,

Why would you not be surprised if Adam and Eve's offspring were all male. That would make no sense. But regardless of this, we have the following scripture which is before the fall and which demonstrates that daughters were also being born:

"Now when men began to multiply on the face of the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they took as wives whomever they chose.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
Although prophecy does say waters/flood refers to people, that is not the case in Noah's flood. It was a literal flood of water.
Since the scriptures are clear that from time men began multiplying upon the face of the earth that the LORD said that his word would not strive with man:

Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.
Ps 37:37
And it came to pass that the LORD numbered the days of man for that he also is flesh.

So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.
Ps 90:12​

The LORD sitteth upon the flood;
yea, the LORD sitteth King for ever.
Ps 29:10

And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it,
that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God
and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.
Gen 9:16

Assumption. Gen. 2:5, 6 describe a fog that God used to water the earth before any rain. But that was still very early in the creation process. People also assume that people ate only fruit, because God gave them fruit for meat (which just translates to food). I believe God also instructed Adam on which animals he could use for food. We are first given reference to clean creatures in Gen. 7:2 when Noah was gathering animals for the ark. Obviously, that had already been their custom. There were fresh-water rivers then (see Gen. 2:10).

View attachment 184435

Well, Genesis 2:4 is simply restating that as the firmament developed in the midst of the frozen waters that covered the entire face of the earth in Genesis 1:6 after the sun began emitting radiant heat resulting from visible light that was released from the band of invisible light of the electromagnetic spectrum. The jest being that things were occurring in unison.

Since the necessary protein for human nutrition could be obtained from and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed is referring unto nut trees and not fruit trees. So I doubt that man was allowed to obtain protein from animal flesh especially in the beginning since the herds of clean animals would need some time to amass.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
"Now when men began to multiply on the face of the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God s.
If there was just one man and woman made, then how did men began to multiply. And with who did the men multiply with since there were no females procreated until the men multiplied.

Yet it is so hard to accept that mankind on earth originated from more than one single set of procreators when the LORD had to slaughter the whole world with a impossible flood that he promised would never occur, (again see Genesis 1:2) since it shows that the entire earth was covered under water, so he could show you that by the Noah and his sons, all of whom had wifes, was the earth populated.;)

glf1

Jun 10, 2018
Hello glf1,

Why would you not be surprised if Adam and Eve's offspring were all male. That would make no sense. But regardless of this, we have the following scripture which is before the fall and which demonstrates that daughters were also being born:

"Now when men began to multiply on the face of the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they took as wives whomever they chose.
Hey! Ahwatukee... PTL!
The thread is taking about how the Sons of God took unto themselves wives that bore giants...
Heb 1 tells us that at no time has the Lord called an angel a son and that they all are ministering spirits to the heirs of salvation.
So it seems to me that the sons of God would be the children born to Adam and Eve BEFORE the fall when they ate of the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil... Of course, the scriptures are clear that Eve bore Adam sons and daughters after the fall.

Mar 28, 2016
There were giants in the earth in those days;
Genesis 6:4

So if there were giants living amongst men before the 'flood' then how does one reconcile the scriptural accounts of giants after the flood, for example in 2 Sam 21:20 of “a man of great stature, that had on every hand six fingers, and on every foot six toes, four and twenty in number; and he also was born to the giant.”
The giant genes. Genes or a specific DNA of tall men where passed on through Noah and his family . God did not start again using that gene till later . There are many tribes today that God is applying it just as the genes of those not so tall .They make good basket ball players .I would have a hard time reaching the rim with a 8 foot step ladder

God performs that with the genes that make up the color of ones skin also... choosing which one to give to whom.

Mar 28, 2016
Not 400 ft tall, as were the offspring of the watchers.
Angels have no offspring . They have no way to be fruitful and multiply. They have no sexual organs or DNA needed .

When we receive our new bodies it will be the same no procreation. Now is the time God multiplies humans .

Mar 28, 2016
Not 400 ft tall, as were the offspring of the watchers.

How could they (400 feet tall ) have sexual relation with women 5 foot 2 inches? Where did they get their marriage license ? From the department of use own your imagination?

Sound like Hollywood drama.

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
The giant genes. Genes or a specific DNA of tall men where passed on through Noah and his family . God did not start again using that gene till later .
It was not God who did it...

There are many tribes today that God is applying it just as the genes of those not so tall .They make good basket ball players .I would have a hard time reaching the rim with a 8 foot step ladder

God performs that with the genes that make up the color of ones skin also... choosing which one to give to whom.
No he doesn't. It's hereditary.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
If there were giants after the flood they must have been spared in a way not through the ark itself.
Ancient Sumerian culture referred to such beings. Maybe those writings were deemed unworthy of inclusion in our current bible and that's why the question remains.
There aren't any 300 foot tall people in the world today. Much to the disappointment of the NBA I'm sure. :LOL:
There is a writer named Zachariah Sitchin that wrote about the Sumerian culture. Maybe look into what he found in their Cuneiform tablets. The epic of Gilgamesh is recorded there. It is much like that of the story of Noah and the ark.

Mar 28, 2016
It was not God who did it...

No he doesn't. It's hereditary.

God did not equip those kind of angels with DNA. No commandment to be fruitful and multiply. God determines the outcome of the flesh . No sneaking past his principles . He skipped a few hereditary generations. Today the taller genes make good basketball players .The kind of angels we are speaking of have no flesh and blood .We wrestle against spirits without DNA and unseen principalities.

6 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; Acts 17

I would suggest having sex with the unseen is still called masturbation.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Hey! Ahwatukee... PTL!
The thread is taking about how the Sons of God took unto themselves wives that bore giants...
Heb 1 tells us that at no time has the Lord called an angel a son and that they all are ministering spirits to the heirs of salvation.
That is not quite what the scripture says, which I've listed below:

"For to which of the angels did God ever say: You are my Son; today I have become Your Father”?

Therefore, the scripture is not saying the angels are not the sons of God, but that they are not sons in the same capacity as Jesus is. For the angels are created beings, but still sons. Jesus however was not created, but existed as God with God, but was conceived as a human being through the power of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, the angels are the sons of God, but they are not sons in the same capacity that Jesus is.

So it seems to me that the sons of God would be the children born to Adam and Eve BEFORE the fall when they ate of the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil... Of course, the scriptures are clear that Eve bore Adam sons and daughters after the fall.
The problem with that theory is that there is a distinction made between the sons of God vs. the daughters of men in Genesis 6:1-2.

"Now when men began to multiply on the face of the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they took as wives whomever they chose. "

Or as it appears in Ethiopic Enoch which leaves no doubt about who the sons of God is referring to:

"It happened after the sons of men had multiplied in those days, that daughters were born to them, elegant and beautiful. And when the angels, the sons of heaven, beheld them, they became enamored of them, saying to each other: Come, let us select for ourselves wives from the progeny of men, and let us beget children."

You also have a reference to the "sons of God" in Job:

"One day the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satana also came with them." - Job 1:6

"On another day, the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD; and Satan also came with them to present himself before Him. - Job 6:1

You only have two options in interpreting the above, one, the sons of God are angelic beings with Satan appearing with them before God in heaven, or two, you have men referred to as the "sons of God" appearing before God on earth with Satan appearing with them, which is highly unlikely.

Furthermore, regarding the scripture "For to which of the angels did God ever say: You are my Son; today I have become your Father." If that was the case with the angels, then the same could be said for men, i.e. "to which of mankind did God ever say: You are my Son; today I have become your Father. Therefore, how can you claim that the sons of God in Job are referring to men?

Mar 28, 2016
That is not quite what the scripture says, which I've listed below:

"For to which of the angels did God ever say: You are my Son; today I have become Your Father”?

Therefore, the scripture is not saying the angels are not the sons of God, but that they are not sons in the same capacity as Jesus is. For the angels are created beings, but still sons. Jesus however was not created, but existed as God with God, but was conceived as a human being through the power of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, the angels are the sons of God, but they are not sons in the same capacity that Jesus is.
Angels do not marry.... period

Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.Mathew22:30

And if we would figure the weight of one 450 feet tall it would be 36,000 tons .The likehood of 200 such angels roaming around looking for a marriage partner simply show us we should stick to scripture and not a oral tradition of someone call Enoch. Angels that have not left their first place of habitation are those who follow the Spirit. To but all into one camp would make no biblical sense .

Holly wood sense yes there a person can let there imagination run wild like the supposed book of Enoch.

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

As many not one more orone less

Those led not by the Spirit of God are lying spirits that have no form

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
God did not equip those kind of angels with DNA. No commandment to be fruitful and multiply. God determines the outcome of the flesh . No sneaking past his principles . He skipped a few hereditary generations. Today the taller genes make good basketball players .The kind of angels we are speaking of have no flesh and blood .We wrestle against spirits without DNA and unseen principalities.
You do not understand what the angels that sinned in 2 Pet 2:4 did, or why God imprisoned them...

6 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; Acts 17
Yes, all natural humans are descended from Adam and Eve.

I would suggest having sex with the unseen is still called masturbation.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Yiikes! @ Ethiopic Enoch
Yeah, Enoch, of whom Jude quoted from and which also used to be apart of the scriptures up the 2nd or 3rd century.

"Enoch, the seventh from Adam, also prophesied about them: “Behold, the Lord is coming with myriads of His holy ones to execute judgment on everyone, and to convict all the ungodly of every ungodly act of wickedness and every harsh word spoken against Him by ungodly sinners.”