How Do Men Like to be Complimented?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Actually I'm not real big on getting compliments. I don't take compliments well. I always feel awkward, and I reflexively look at myself to estimate whether the compliment is deserved.

Now GIVING compliments, I like to do that. I'm not exactly an overenthusiastic self-esteem coach always on the lookout for something to compliment people for, but I like to tell people good things about themselves or others. It makes me happy to make people happy when they are aware people have noticed a good quality about them.
I do the same thing at work. Like yourself, if I get a compliment I do a quick self-examination too.

J

jbrooks5912

Relax, I'm to far away to bite your head off...unless that's you down by the corner.
LOl im relaxed dang i just now seeing this? Lol i never got a notification
SOrry friend but hey its all good 😁🤠 God Bless!

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
For strangers: I use honorifics when greeting, making small talk or departing. “Have a pleasant evening Sir” does wonders for their ego because it isn’t commonplace.

For acquaintances: I compliment good decision-making, spiritual maturity, helpful viewpoints, positive displays of character.

For companions: I compliment their appearance, leadership, strength, insight, courage, knowledge, lessons they’ve imparted and those I’ve learned over time, behavior, achievements, effort, potential, growth, maturity, internal beauty. They receive honorifics or a pet name according to preference.