How do you know it wasn't done by witchcraft?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
Well no all you need do is to read the things you posted,,,
I don't need to read something I wrote and know what I said. However, I do need to make one correction. That being, my son and I did have the same symptoms as my wife, to start with for the first few months, but that went away, and it was nowhere near as severe as my wife had. That was just one of the things that attacked my son and I.
There was the severe dizziness to where I wasn't even able to stand up without falling down and a large lump between the base of my skull and the top of my neck on the right side behind the right ear, causing me to have a severe throbbing headache 24/7, that affected the entire right side of my head including my right eye and right ear.
When I prayed against those things, they went away. The lump on the back of my head went away immediately two times, for it came back in the form of a large lump twice. My son had the same kind of headache but no lump that he knows of.
There was also the blindness of things that were right there in front of my eyes, but I never saw them. Until I prayed against that also, and it went as well. And the list goes on and on of all the different things we have been through.
But Jesus has delivered us of everything thus far and he will continue to do so. I take no glory in all of this because without Jesus, my wife would be dead and the the devil would have had victory over all of us. But it is by his grace of God, our faith in the blood of Jesus, and the word of our testimony that we have victory over every evil thing sent against us.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
There's a principle known as Occam's Razor (the spelling varies), which basically says that the most likely explanation is the simplest. It appears to me that this principle is directly applicable in the situations you mentioned.
*simplest which takes into account & explains all the data

;)

not that you misuse it bro, but people often do

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
as the traditional reggae song goes,

"
who Jah bless, no man curse"

know1

Aug 27, 2012
After reading post 18, I conclude that responding to you further is of questionable value at best. You don't know jack about me, and probably very little about others here, but you're content to call us "carnal".

I'll bet the spirits that afflict your family just love your arrogance and happily encourage it.
I'm sorry you took offense to me calling you and others, carnally minded, but at the same time, many of you fit my understanding of what being carnally minded is.
There's a reason why Jesus said we are the children of light and it isn't because we don't see what's going on in the spirit world but the contrary.
Most of you would have folded a long time ago because you would have went to the doctor or psychiatrist to take care of the problem, instead of doing battle against the devil and his minions in warfaring prayers.
That to me sir, is a carnally minded person.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I'm sorry you took offense to me calling you and others, carnally minded, but at the same time, many of you fit my understanding of what being carnally minded is.
There's a reason why Jesus said we are the children of light and it isn't because we don't see what's going on in the spirit world but the contrary.
Most of you would have folded a long time ago because you would have went to the doctor or psychiatrist to take care of the problem, instead of doing battle against the devil and his minions in warfaring prayers.
That to me sir, is a carnally minded person.
Offense? Jeez Louise! You're still making denigrating assumptions about others. You don't know what would happen to any other person in a similar situation. God gave you grace; what makes you think He wouldn't give grace to His other children? Who died and made you his favourite? Get off your high horse. If you actually had something worthwhile sharing with the rest of us, you would offer it humbly, rather than insulting everyone who reads your thread.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
yeah but his wife has dreams about what people do in private

yuck
You don't know the half of it.
How would you like your wife to know what you are thinking and what you are purposing to do in your heart as well as what you have done while you are away from her. It's hard to get away with anything with my wife not knowing about it. It goes the same for heard knowing about what my daughter is doing with her boyfriend.
How would you like to be with somebody like that?
However I would like to add that God does not show her every everything but those things that are more important or that which would have an effect on the family. Most of them are warnings of not to do certain things or to not go in a certain direction.
She tells me, when she was little, Jesus used to come to her every night and play with her while she slept, until one time Jesus said, he can no longer play with her. I don't know what age she was but she told me she asked him why and she didn't understand why he couldn't play with her anymore. But I think it had to do with her growing up. Kind of like the Peter Pan story.
Anyway, I think she's a special and precious person both to God and me, and I praise God for her.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
Offense? Jeez Louise! You're still making denigrating assumptions about others. You don't know what would happen to any other person in a similar situation. God gave you grace; what makes you think He wouldn't give grace to His other children? Who died and made you his favourite? Get off your high horse. If you actually had something worthwhile sharing with the rest of us, you would offer it humbly, rather than insulting everyone who reads your thread.
Instead of focusing on the story of what happened to my family and I, you are still stuck on the insult and casting more at me.
And I'm sorry your horse isn't as big as mine and no I'm not going to get off my big horse because that's what helps me get my victory over those things that have been coming against my family and I.
During this trying time, which you have yet to offer any prayers for, I was feeling pretty helpless because my wife's condition didn't get any better for a while. One day I Heard a voice tell me, stop playing the victim and be the victor. I had come to believe a lie, which was the situation rather than the promises of God. And not only that but I also did not know how to do warfaring prayers against the enemy, which included the witches and warlocks.
So to find out how to do warfaring prayers against witchcraft and all that garbage, we looked to the Christians in Africa where they have a lot of such things as that. And I learned a lot from them over there. They know far more than the theologians here in the US, and they accomplish a whole lot more as well.
I look for the power of God to move in a situation and when I see nothing happening I look around to find out what the problem is. And I found out a big part of that problem was me. A lack of knowledge and understanding.
I find it interesting that not one person has offered any prayers of support, mainly because, I think it's my hard stance against wicked people and demonic spirits, and because I'm not whimpering and walking into defeat, saying woe is me.
From what I read in Scripture, we are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus, and we have overcome the evil one by the blood of the lamb and the word of our testimony. If our testimony is that we are defeated, then we are, and so much for the blood of Jesus.
I think maybe only one person offered encouraging words and the rest of you, offered nothing to sarcasm, because I hurt your feelings.
The reason why I started this thread was to point out just how dead the church is in the West. I can say with confidence, that most denominational churches have never cast a spirit out of a person. They wouldn't know how. Because when a spirit starts laughing at you and telling you, you can't cast me out and it's not working, like many Christians do concerning Faith saying, that Faith stuff don't work, what do you think they're going to do? They're going to say, that person has mental issues, they need to seek professional help. Seriously?!
That's what I call a dead Church

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The reason why I started this thread was to point out just how dead the church is in the West.
Exactly. Instead of offering your testimony as a help to others, you use it to attack others. Where it could be used for the glory of God, you have made it the tool of the enemy.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I honestly don't think a lot of Christians understand how the enemy works or how to engage in literal demonic spiritual warfare. People often say "God will fight for me." or " I have the Holy Spirit so no worries." and while that may be true, that doesn't actually demonstrate a totality of what spiritual warfare is.

There is a reason why God gave us tools to utilize. Prayer, calling on the name of Jesus, and the power of the Holy Spirit, and scripture are there at our disposal.

Without making a long post, if you or someone else feels afraid to call upon the name of Jesus to exercise authority over an unclean spirit, then be rest assured that this feeling of fear is not from God. In fact, you're directly over the target and it's time to be bold, confident, and authoritative in Jesus' name. Praise and thank God for the victory He has given you.
well, we are not to chase demons. We are to proclaim the gospel which is the power of God and demons flee from that message. we must have balance. Here is the biggest issue I have with those like

Bob Larson

They never have the person come to the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. Those who are having demons cast out of them will come back just in time for the next fleecing of the flock $$$$$$$$$. This guy has to use the power of suggestion to have some weak-minded person believe they are possessed. Just like the Asher Pole in the bible to the voodoo pole where those are overtaken by real devils This guy Bob could not handle that because he is not a person who is under authority. He is a circus.

I am going to post a link to one who is really possessed and you will see pure evil. Please if you are new in the lord do not watch it without prayer and know Jesus as Lord.

Jesus is the only authority and HIS Blood bought the church. I have other video's but this is the mildest one.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
I don't need to read something I wrote and know what I said. However, I do need to make one correction. That being, my son and I did have the same symptoms as my wife, to start with for the first few months, but that went away, and it was nowhere near as severe as my wife had. That was just one of the things that attacked my son and I.
There was the severe dizziness to where I wasn't even able to stand up without falling down and a large lump between the base of my skull and the top of my neck on the right side behind the right ear, causing me to have a severe throbbing headache 24/7, that affected the entire right side of my head including my right eye and right ear.
When I prayed against those things, they went away. The lump on the back of my head went away immediately two times, for it came back in the form of a large lump twice. My son had the same kind of headache but no lump that he knows of.
There was also the blindness of things that were right there in front of my eyes, but I never saw them. Until I prayed against that also, and it went as well. And the list goes on and on of all the different things we have been through.
But Jesus has delivered us of everything thus far and he will continue to do so. I take no glory in all of this because without Jesus, my wife would be dead and the the devil would have had victory over all of us. But it is by his grace of God, our faith in the blood of Jesus, and the word of our testimony that we have victory over every evil thing sent against us.

If you would read my post again. Then you would realize I think, that I in my post have never discounted demons,Satan ect. nor their abilities,,(you even gave a gold ribbon to one).... The issue though still remains in that I have listened extremely close to you to see if you would say anything that would cause me to think that this was/is the case. You have not said anything that I would look for in this regard but instead to the contrary the other.

I apologize if I have said to you something other than what you desired me to say but my assessment still remains the same in that this is most probably Wicca/witch based and not demon/Satanism(easy to lump sum the two which is why I suggested dividing them in my former post). In your OP you ask if we thought this was witchcraft and I do think it is. It's curious that you now disagree that it is.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
Exactly. Instead of offering your testimony as a help to others, you use it to attack others. Where it could be used for the glory of God, you have made it the tool of the enemy.
It's a shame you took this so personal. May God bless everything His Spirit leads you to do.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
If you would read my post again. Then you would realize I think, that I in my post have never discounted demons,Satan ect. nor their abilities,,(you even gave a gold ribbon to one).... The issue though still remains in that I have listened extremely close to you to see if you would say anything that would cause me to think that this was/is the case. You have not said anything that I would look for in this regard but instead to the contrary the other.

I apologize if I have said to you something other than what you desired me to say but my assessment still remains the same in that this is most probably Wicca/witch based and not demon/Satanism(easy to lump sum the two which is why I suggested dividing them in my former post). In your OP you ask if we thought this was witchcraft and I do think it is. It's curious that you now disagree that it is.
No sir, I'm the one who should apologize, and I do so now for misunderstanding what you said, as well as not knowing what you're talking about.
All I know is, there were people gathered together to do both witchcraft and voodoo against my family and I, and it was a demonic spirit we had to deal with concerning my wife. I don't know what kind it was, I just know it was demonic and not of God.
And anytime there is any kind of sickness or ailment or infirmity of any kind, I always go after the spirit, which I believe to be demonic. I don't know that there is a difference between witchcraft and Satanism. To me they're one in the same, so forgive me for my ignorance.
And I don't want anyone to say anything other than what they believe. To say other than what you believe would be deceptive. So I don't care what you say, just say what you believe.
And yes, I have a hard time with people who say and act like they are Christians, but give worldly, secular, or carnally minded advice. Basically, it is having the form of godliness but denying the power thereof, as it is written. It basically feels like I'm dealing with people of the world and not children of God, who are supposed to be children of light.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
It's a shame you took this so personal. May God bless everything His Spirit leads you to do.
Thanks for the blessing, but you have completely misconstrued my intent. This has nothing whatsoever to do with my personal feelings.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
Thanks for the blessing, but you have completely misconstrued my intent. This has nothing whatsoever to do with my personal feelings.
So what was your intent? To destroy?
And how am I supposed to know what this is all about, since, like this post, you never specifically said what exactly you took offense to.. You have been speaking in general and have not been specific.
It is my understanding you took offense to me calling the church dead and many if not most Christians, carnally minded. But you seemed to have taken that personally as though I directed it at you. And even though I didn't, I would say that is exactly what you are and most likely the kind of church you go to, if not pastor.
At least according to my understanding and definition of what a carnally minded person and dead Church is.
And at the same time, I see myself many times, as a carnally minded person as well. Because, at times, I have failed to see situations through the truth of God's word, but instead would get caught up in the lie of the devil. And as far as I'm concerned, anything that doesn't line up with God's word, is a lie. And since God said, no weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue that rises against me or my family in judgment, I shall condemn it. So then nothing should be able to prosper against my family and I, according to what is written. So if I start questioning why things are not working for awhile, then I am no longer walking in the spirit or being spiritually minded, but carnally minded. Because I am no longer looking at the situation through God's eyes but thru my natural understanding and reasoning. And at that point, I have stopped walking in faith but have started walking in the natural as unbelievers, the carnally minded, doubters, double minded, and the like, do.
I hope that clears some things up.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
Aside from those who think I need professional mental help, is there anyone who would have just prayed and expect the hand of God to move in the many situations my family and I have gone through? Or would you have sought so-called, professional help from doctors and psychiatrists?

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I wouldn't seek professional help, I'd pray and study God's word. The way to overcome spiritual darkness is with spiritual light.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."—Jeremiah 29:11

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Aside from those who think I need professional mental help, is there anyone who would have just prayed and expect the hand of God to move in the many situations my family and I have gone through? Or would you have sought so-called, professional help from doctors and psychiatrists?

I would think that if both you and other family members are witnessing the same events then a psychiatrist would not be beneficial. If on the other hand if you were the only family member then yes. The thing is though in what you have posted in the thread there are multiple family members experiencing this and so I an still of the the same mind as I have stated.

You have already stated that a "boyfriend" appeared in your life when this all began. You have stated that he is connected with witches/occult ect.ect. and I still suggest that you research "European witchcraft"(many nude pictures will come up so I wont give links on CC) but you will find that you are not alone in this experience. In fact the Romans began make laws about it thousands of years ago because they found that the witches(so called) were making these ointments(numerous types) as poisons,drugs ect. and using them on unsuspecting people. This also is documented across the middle ages and is making a come back among the new Wicca groups in modern day. Again from the details you have posted it looks to me to be this and not demons(Biblical) as you are thinking. By all means pray to the Lord to help for every matter not just this.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
I wouldn't seek professional help, I'd pray and study God's word. The way to overcome spiritual darkness is with spiritual light.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."—Jeremiah 29:11
I think you're on the right track but what would you pray, specifically?

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
No one can tell you that. Praying to God isn't like a magic formula where you say certain words and hopefully get the desired result. Just open your heart to Him. Tell Him your concerns, fears. Ask for His protection and peace. It's a conversation with God.