How is a Lutheran saved?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PN
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

PN

Guest
I need to know the answer to this, because it's very important to me.
 
The same as any other Christian. Thru faith in Jesus the Christ. Why do you ask ?
I get that there is more to this question though. Whats up ?
Blessings
Bill
 
  • Like
Reactions: notmyown
All are saved by grace not works lest anyone should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9
 
Denominations do not determined who is saved and who is not.

That should be what is very important to you.

(just saying)
 
Confess and repent for your sins to the Lord. Accept Jesus as your Lord & savior. Live for him daily.
 
I need to know the answer to this, because it's very important to me.
I suspect Lutherans get saved the same way anyone else does: The Lord decides to save them.

So maybe we want to know what we can do to convince the Lord he ought to save us. This verse comes to mind:

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 RSV
 
I need to know the answer to this, because it's very important to me.

There is only One way to get saved.. Does not matter if they are a Lutheran or a Leprechaun,, If a person is going to be saved they are going to be saved by believing Jesus and trusting 100% in the atonement Jesus secured for their salvation..
 
My mother says that all I have to do is say, I believe in Jesus Christ, and that's it.
 
My mother says that all I have to do is say, I believe in Jesus Christ, and that's it.
According to the scripture I quoted, John 3:16, you have to believe in Jesus Christ. Merely saying you believe in him wouldn't be good enough. It would be nothing more than lip service. The Lord isn't fooled by lip service.
 
My mother says that all I have to do is say, I believe in Jesus Christ, and that's it.

Dear Lord Jesus,

I am a sinner, I confess my sins to you, now. I repent of my sins, and turn to you for salvation. Please, come in to my heart and life, and I'll make you my Lord and Savior.

In your name, I pray, Amen.
 
Dear Lord Jesus,

I am a sinner, I confess my sins to you, now. I repent of my sins, and turn to you for salvation. Please, come in to my heart and life, and I'll make you my Lord and Savior.

In your name, I pray, Amen.

It is my hope and prayer that everyone says that prayer.
 
I need to know the answer to this, because it's very important to me.
Regardless of denomination:

Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you—unless indeed you fail the test? -2 Cor 13:5
 
I was told that once I'm saved, I'm saved forever. I just hope that God is not questioning me for praying to him in 2011, 2012, 2013, and this year in 2016.