How long have ya'll been here?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

How long have you been a member of CC?

• Less than a year

• 1 year

• 2 years

• 3 years

• 4 years

• 5 years

• More than 5 years

• Close to a decade

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pumpkinspice

Sep 22, 2018
I was 12 and instantly made friends in the chat room. I remember we would all type asl
Age/sex/location

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
What a great post, I wanted to know these things too of others.

I joined this site 4 years ago, but really started participating this last year, first in the chat rooms but now also here.

I love the laughter, the fellowship, the bible discussions, even the research projects, lol. I love to read and write so that is another perk. It isn't perfect, nothing and no one is, but that just points to our need for Yeshua and His centered sites.

I am single and work out of my home so I like having the ability to have this platform to connect with others. Sweet Sis, again I appreciate this thread, thank you. I suppose that for me, it is so wonderful and good, that it can be bad if I use this place too much!!! So like with everything, keep it in balance and have fun, learning, connecting, sharing, loving, and forgiving all for His Glory.

G

Gracie_14

I joined in March 2014. I had just lost my late wife and felt lonely and isolated. I did a search for Christian chat rooms and this was the first site listed.

The first couple weeks I just went on the chat rooms but found that the conversation flow was not really very deep or interesting. Someone suggested I give the forums a try. At first I didn't even know the site had forums or how to navigate them. I just started clicking on everything possible and see what happened.

This site has been a tremendous blessing to me as I have met many wonderful people. One former member Willie-T lived a few miles from me and we met for lunch quite a few times but not have not stayed in contact since he left the site. I have talked to Blain on the phone once. Of course, I met my current wife (and last wife) JesusLives on this site as well. She has spoken on the phone to quite a few members and has written cards to many of them, and still does during the Christmas holiday season.

I love Christian Chat and I'm proud to be a member and strive to set a good Christian example. Of course, I fail at times doing this but we are just human after all trying to do the best with what God has provided. And He provides a lot.
You answered very beautifully Tourist. Thank you for contributing. Your story never ceases to be interesting :)

And I must wholeheartedly agree with your last paragraph.

G

Gracie_14

What a great post, I wanted to know these things too of others.

I joined this site 4 years ago, but really started participating this last year, first in the chat rooms but now also here.

I love the laughter, the fellowship, the bible discussions, even the research projects, lol. I love to read and write so that is another perk. It isn't perfect, nothing and no one is, but that just points to our need for Yeshua and His centered sites.

I am single and work out of my home so I like having the ability to have this platform to connect with others. Sweet Sis, again I appreciate this thread, thank you. I suppose that for me, it is so wonderful and good, that it can be bad if I use this place too much!!! So like with everything, keep it in balance and have fun, learning, connecting, sharing, loving, and forgiving all for His Glory.
Awww, thank you for taking the time to write this :) What you said really hits the nail on the head. Yes, indeed, the fellowship is enjoyable here! personally, I have gained a lot from being here... it has been an experience.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Well, philosophically speaking, I've been here a very long time.

Before the foundations of the world God foreordained that I would be a member of this forum.

But we can't shake our fist at God over life's tragedies...

we can only accept his will.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hi Gracie,

Great thread, and you even posted a poll! Wow! :love: Kudos to you. ;)

I joined CC in 2009 and like many have said, was going through a time of severe depression and confusion in my life. I still felt like I was in the recovery stages of my divorce, and had spent half my life in a very conservative church and the other half in a church where people claimed to see demons in most everything, so to say that I was a bit confused would be an understatement.

I have always worked a lot so fitting real-life social activities into my schedule has always been challenging. I had also spent several years where I was heavily involved in church activities but was spiritually and emotionally worn out. I wanted interaction with other Christians but was hoping to just hang out with people rather than feel like they always needed something from me.

When I first came to CC, I hung out in the chat rooms a lot. I really enjoyed the days when people used to play Bible Trivia there, as well as listening to StillWaters, Harpy Eagle, Trilogic, and Kyra. I used to come home from work and immediately log in if I saw any of them there (I wasn't stalking any of them, honest! :cool:) They had a special gift for turning a group chat into a genuine place of fellowship, and were especially good at talking to some of the younger people who would visit. Some of them were young teens who were looking for a safe place to hang out after school, and it was so encouraging to listen to how much CC'ers like this cared about their lives and how they were doing.

Somehow, I eventually found my way into the forums and started writing. I was really intimidated at first. Plus, I have to admit that I was a bit of an angry troll when I first came here. I was depressed and mad all the time, but when I found that if I could channel that into a few questions that prompted others to share their stories, I was hooked, and feel very grateful that many people here were patient with me.

In general, I'm not a very fast learner--I need all the help I can get. If I'm trying to learn how to do something, I need a little of everything that's available--written instructions, pictures, and YouTube videos.

CC has become my "YouTube Video" for many issues in life. Listening to how other people have handled some of the most difficult situations life can throw at us--and still maintain their faith, or struggle through it--both inspires and teaches me to go through my own challenges as well.

So far, I've had the privilege of meeting about 10 CC members in person, and they were all lovely. I haven't had a bad experience yet with any CC member I knew for some time and wound up meeting in person. I have friends and family scattered all over and am sometimes able to travel to see them once or twice a year, so now when I do, I try to arrange meetings with CC members I've known for a while along the way.

CC has been an enormous blessing in my life and I will always be grateful for the people I've met here.

R

RodB65

I signed up June 2016. My world was crashing around me, and there really wasn't anyone to talk to about it. I even had a guy at church tell me, "hey look, we've all got problems!" ....

Of all the message boards i checked, this one seemed the most interesting. I didn't participate to begin with, but did read some of the people's stories, testimonies, etc... It all helped me get through that moment.

Its nice to be here, talk with people from other places, and get other perspectives. :cool:

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Hi Gracie,

Great thread, and you even posted a poll! Wow! :love: Kudos to you. ;)

I joined CC in 2009..
For those who don't know.. I've been stalking Seoul for a whole decade now. She still thinks it's just a coincidence that I joined this site the same time she did.. :sneaky:;)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
For those who don't know.. I've been stalking Seoul for a whole decade now. She still thinks it's just a coincidence that I joined this site the same time she did.. :sneaky:;)
Why do you think I've stayed here this long?! 😁

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I believe I joined late march or early april of 2014 so I'm rounding up to 5 years

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
As I posted earlier, I've been on site since early December of 2010 , so just shy of 8 years now. Like many persons I was going through a difficult time in life since the economy was bad and I had been unemployed for a couple of months at the time CC became my outlet for socialization. Obviously a lot has changed since then.

Originally 99% of my time spent on CC was in the chat rooms and now it is extremely rare for me to log into chat. Now I see CC more as an opportunity to serve since 7 out of my 8 years have been as a staff member.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Hello Grace :) I joined March this year, been only in forums but would like to check out the chats if ever or whenever CC becomes Apple iphone friendly for the chatrooms. Lol.

I do enjoy the forums though and have made some friends here both offline as well :)

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
As I posted earlier, I've been on site since early December of 2010 , so just shy of 8 years now. Like many persons I was going through a difficult time in life since the economy was bad and I had been unemployed for a couple of months at the time CC became my outlet for socialization. Obviously a lot has changed since then.

Originally 99% of my time spent on CC was in the chat rooms and now it is extremely rare for me to log into chat. Now I see CC more as an opportunity to serve since 7 out of my 8 years have been as a staff member.
I’ve always enjoyed being served by a K9 :p

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
I joined in February of 2014. I was having an awful bout of depression, so I decided to try and find an online Christian chat site. Out of all the ones I found, this one was the only one that I could preview and observe before I joined. Tourist and JesusLives were two of the first people who befriended me on here. :) I haven't met anyone in person, but I do have the addresses of a few people on here.
you guys have real history with people i think I'm gonna cry.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
you guys have real history with people i think I'm gonna cry.
Aw Lightbright, please don't think it's all been sunshine and roses.

I've bumped heads with almost as many people or more that those I've made friends with!

For example:

* One guy posted, "No wonder your husband left you!" when he didn't agree with something I said.

* Another told me I was probably a dried-up old hag and couldn't get a date to save my life (and that's when I was 10 years younger, lol.)

* As most people know, I like to joke with people here in the forums. It doesn't matter if it's a girl or a guy--I just look for people who don't seem like they'll be offended if I start a little banter with them. In years past, I've had some women scold me and tell me I'm being a shameless flirt and "not acting like a real Christian woman." :rolleyes: (In reality, they had a crush on the guy and were subtly accusing me of stealing him, when I had no idea that they were crushing on him or I wouldn't have tried to joke with him.)

This is why I seem to "pick" on the same 2 or 3 people all the time--because I know they're "safe"--but I would love to expand that to anyone else who also wants to exchange jokes in the threads!

* Back when we had the old rep system (where you could send messages anonymously, although the mods knew), people would sometimes leave messages like, "Go away!" and other various "advice". :rolleyes: Sure, it hurt a lot at first, but eventually, I got to a point where I was like, "Ok, God. I'm just gonna try to be myself, and if people don't like me, that's ok--but please just help me to keep on going."

There are times when I've had to step back for a while, but I've never found a reason to leave completely.

* There have also been times when I've become close to people here whom I thought were really good friends, and we just lost contact or in one case, someone stopped writing after 5 years. :( I still wonder what happened to them, or if maybe they're here under different names.

* The CC crowd always comes and goes in "waves"--you'll get a group of members that will post like crazy for a while, then they'll all disappear, and a new "wave" will set in. I can think of 3 distinct "waves" I coasted for a while until I found a few friends. :)

So please don't think it's all been unicorns and rainbows. :D Keep doing what you're doing and just keep on posting.

Eventually, you're bound to run into some people that you'll be able to build a history with, too. :)

P.S. Good job with the "Weeb" thread. I'm just sorry I didn't have anything to contribute (and, out of respect, I usually don't post in the Teen Forum.) Glad to see you wrote the thread though! :)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Sorry for the double post...

I want to add that in some cases where I lost touch with people I was close to here, it was just because life took us in different directions, such as Facebook, lol. :D

I really have to take the blame for that one because they kept in touch via FB and I just never have (I know it would be a hopeless addiction for me if I did, so I've always avoided it.) So, just in case those people are reading this, they were wonderful in trying to keep touch but we've just all kind of followed our separate paths. Maybe our paths will cross again in the future. :)

In the other cases I spoke about, there were a few people I used to PM with quite frequently and had even wanted to meet them in person someday, but for whatever reasons, they stopped writing. :( I totally understand, but it's also left me wondering if I did something wrong.

I just try to remember that God is looking after them...

And a new wave of posters is always coming and going. :)

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
Aw Lightbright, please don't think it's all been sunshine and roses.

I've bumped heads with almost as many people or more that those I've made friends with!

For example:

* One guy posted, "No wonder your husband left you!" when he didn't agree with something I said.

* Another told me I was probably a dried-up old hag and couldn't get a date to save my life (and that's when I was 10 years younger, lol.)

* As most people know, I like to joke with people here in the forums. It doesn't matter if it's a girl or a guy--I just look for people who don't seem like they'll be offended if I start a little banter with them. In years past, I've had some women scold me and tell me I'm being a shameless flirt and "not acting like a real Christian woman." :rolleyes: (In reality, they had a crush on the guy and were subtly accusing me of stealing him, when I had no idea that they were crushing on him or I wouldn't have tried to joke with him.)

This is why I seem to "pick" on the same 2 or 3 people all the time--because I know they're "safe"--but I would love to expand that to anyone else who also wants to exchange jokes in the threads!

* Back when we had the old rep system (where you could send messages anonymously, although the mods knew), people would sometimes leave messages like, "Go away!" and other various "advice". :rolleyes: Sure, it hurt a lot at first, but eventually, I got to a point where I was like, "Ok, God. I'm just gonna try to be myself, and if people don't like me, that's ok--but please just help me to keep on going."

There are times when I've had to step back for a while, but I've never found a reason to leave completely.

* There have also been times when I've become close to people here whom I thought were really good friends, and we just lost contact or in one case, someone stopped writing after 5 years. :( I still wonder what happened to them, or if maybe they're here under different names.

* The CC crowd always comes and goes in "waves"--you'll get a group of members that will post like crazy for a while, then they'll all disappear, and a new "wave" will set in. I can think of 3 distinct "waves" I coasted for a while until I found a few friends. :)

So please don't think it's all been unicorns and rainbows. :D Keep doing what you're doing and just keep on posting.

Eventually, you're bound to run into some people that you'll be able to build a history with, too. :)

P.S. Good job with the "Weeb" thread. I'm just sorry I didn't have anything to contribute (and, out of respect, I usually don't post in the Teen Forum.) Glad to see you wrote the thread though! :)
Whoever told you that should've had their tongues pulled out like ugh that's just rude fam, anyway i get that it makes sense that you are careful about joking with people I'm the same i can't just start being childish or people will think I'm either being a jerk or just really stupid or non christian cuz i play around a lot but idk if it's cuz I'm doing something wrong or if they are just different. If you do want to "pick" on people I'm in, me and my sister's do it all the time lol. Thanks for the kind words and advice, the weeb thread was supposed to be a place where i could be an anime nerd without everyone being completely confused buttt most people aren't interested ig cx. Regardless i hope to make friends here.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Whoever told you that should've had their tongues pulled out like ugh that's just rude fam, anyway i get that it makes sense that you are careful about joking with people I'm the same i can't just start being childish or people will think I'm either being a jerk or just really stupid or non christian cuz i play around a lot but idk if it's cuz I'm doing something wrong or if they are just different. If you do want to "pick" on people I'm in, me and my sister's do it all the time lol. Thanks for the kind words and advice, the weeb thread was supposed to be a place where i could be an anime nerd without everyone being completely confused buttt most people aren't interested ig cx. Regardless i hope to make friends here.

I'll tell you a little secret (don't tell the rest of the forum, ok?) :)

If I had the luxury of time...

I could totally see myself being an anime nerd. :)

You just keep being you. It's obvious from your posts that your heart is seeking God--everything else will fall into place.

I'm really glad that you and Koji (sorry, I can't even spell his whole name, lol!) are talking--it seems like you both want approach anime in a Christ-centered way and I pray that God blesses your journey and gives you more like-minded friends! :)