How to embrace this new interface....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

toinena

It is the first day of the new interface. I have only tried it on by phone for now.

I want this thread to be a place where we can help eachother and test out the new and awesome features.

I love the Life bits. I find it to be a cool way of interacting with people I don't normally do.

And I find the conversation feature interesting. You can have private conversations and add people.

Please share your thoughts. And guys. Leave the hate out of this thread.

M

MissCris

When I first opened CC today and thought I’d gotten the wrong site, I was pretty thrown off. It’s definitely a bit wonky trying to figure it out on my tiny phone screen, but I’m getting the hang of it. Maybe.

I also like the different reactions for posts now- I know people have wanted more options there for quite a while.

And do we get a bigger window to edit or delete a post, or am I imagining things?

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
I like the different reactions that we can give like the informative reaction, winner, sad, etc the laughing one will come in handy for me :)

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
Also, yay for mobile users, we can upload straight from our phones! Like this.... that’s overlooking my work building.... C7C13B68-B3DB-4F42-AD37-FE3FF8ABAC92.jpeg

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
The last time I spoke with RoboOp (It's been a while) he had mentioned that he was looking into some new software to drive the forums. I was just as surprised as the rest of you this morning, probably more so since this means a whole new site worth of Admin controls to learn.

L

LittleMermaid

I like it so far...I just hope we don't lose some friends on here. I know there are a few that are a bit overwhelmed by the changes.
I like the look of it. It's much cleaner and it looks attractive...very modern. :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I like the reactions that you can give each post but disappointed that the rep power system is gone, as well as likes given and received since joining the site. Also, the profile pages don't seem to have a photo album that can be easily accessed, or the number that your profile has been visited. I believe that the posts part on profile page now takes the place of visitor messages but this is unclear. It is a shame that you lose your rep powers, likes give and received, last 10 visitors to your page and total amount of visitations. It would be nice if you were allowed to decorate your page, perhaps leave little post-it notes for the visitors to read that you can stick in certain areas of your page. I sort of understand the trophy system but the guidance given on how it works in your profile page is rather vague Not quite the same thing as rep power though as it was much harder to receive a rep comment than getting a like which is really a common frequent occurrence. Still, I will withhold judgement for now and try to figure out how the site works. There are positive changes and negative changes and at this time I'm not sure how they balance out.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
The scroll arrow on the left-hand side under the member's name that allows for detailed info doesn't work most of the time but rather erratically.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Hello, I am not so sure, but it looks like some unread msgs are now lost? Perhaps it means i dont have to read those=)?! But what can we do? I am embracing this new interface. It only means we have to adjust to some changes, and get out of our comfort seat before. I can still see and read from the people i love here=).

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Hello, I am not so sure, but it looks like some unread msgs are now lost? Perhaps it means i dont have to read those=)?! But what can we do? I am embracing this new interface. It only means we have to adjust to some changes, and get out of our comfort seat before. I can still see and read from the people i love here=).
Unfortunately when migrating the sheer volume of information from one platform to another a certain amount will end up dropped. About the only way to have avoided this would have been to have completely shut the site down for several days while the migration was underway and then reopened with the new platform.

On another note, RoboOp just let me know that all new threads (at least for the time being) will go through an approval process.
Upside: trolls won't be able to post 200 threads in BDF in a short time frame when no Admin is logged in.
Downside: if no Admin is logged in it may take a while for a new thread to hit the public page.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Hmmm it's my first time seeing the new site. Gonna have to do a little navigatin' 'round here!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I like my reps too. Used to be 538, took over 4 years to get to that point and overnight it is a zero.
I think the reps got transferred to the thumbs up icon, but it is now something else, so it seems reps are a thing of the past? Not sure though...

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
Are our old messages still there? I have not seen where they might be:unsure:
I just checked and it looks like they are. There should be an “view all conversations” option sis :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I just checked and it looks like they are. There should be an “view all conversations” option sis :)
Oh! They are conversations now :p Thank you for letting me know, Mel :)

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
Oh! They are conversations now :p Thank you for letting me know, Mel :)
And for those who maybe worried that their pms aka conversations are public, they are not :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I found my Private Messages! I am glad they did not all vanish into the vapors :whistle: