How to embrace this new interface....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
All the old features might just be in the process of being added back in... just like when chat was upgraded there were only bare bone features for awhile but now it has most of its functionality again... (y)

Some of the features on the old site are not supported on this new platform (chat groups is one of them) but those few drawbacks are by far outweighed by the better security and functionality and other features that this platform allows that the old one would not.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I dunno what tagging does... I saw it being mentioned on the live stream kitty vid I was watching, the mods kept telling people not to tag them heehee but I do not know what it does, maybe it is an alert of some kind? I dunno :unsure:
If you tag someone in a post it notifies them that you mentioned them in your post.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I am actually starting to get used to this new format and find a lot of the features are useful and interesting. OK, it's not so bad really. Who cares about the rep power system anyways. Perhaps getting a lot of trophies is where it's at.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
I think reactions showing up on latest activity is redundant. I think only posts, comments, life bits and media should be displayed on latest activity.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
Its pretty neat that there is this "Giphy" feature that allows you to browse/search for GIFs (two icons over, to the right, from smilies) to share in your posts.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I am actually starting to get used to this new format and find a lot of the features are useful and interesting. OK, it's not so bad really. Who cares about the rep power system anyways. Perhaps getting a lot of trophies is where it's at.
You know the points system is out of whack when a member of two months and less than 3k posts who had under 100 rep power in the old format, has the same points as a four year member with 14k+ posts who had over 500 rep power :censored::unsure::confused:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Sorry if I missed this but what is the difference between "Bookmark" and "Watch", and what does the "Public" vs. "Sticky" option mean under bookmark?

kodiak

Mar 8, 2015
Rep and trophies are good, but I think the best thing is that we have the forums to form solid friendships in Christ. I know that I have made many great friends on here. including you and @JesusLives, and everyone else, and have enjoyed worshipping God with all of you.

Born_Again

Nov 15, 2014
I have mixed feelings on this... change is always good, I'm just not a fan of adjusting.

Aug 2, 2009
Whoa I just noticed a couple things..... Women's names are no longer pink so there's no way to tell if someone's male or female unless they post a pic of themselves or u visit their profile... (or u already knew :rolleyes:)....... Also.. age no longer appears under our avatars.. :unsure: (guess I shouldn't complain about that last one... ;))

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Whoa I just noticed a couple things..... Women's names are no longer pink so there's no way to tell if someone's male or female unless they post a pic of themselves or u visit their profile... (or u already knew :rolleyes:)....... Also.. age no longer appears under our avatars.. :unsure: (guess I shouldn't complain about that last one... ;))
The age and sex of a member is important in determining an appropriate response. This really should be corrected. Also, the year the member joined is cut off and this is important too.

T

toinena

The age and sex of a member is important in determining an appropriate response. This really should be corrected. Also, the year the member joined is cut off and this is important too.
The year you joined and how old you are is there when you click on the arrow under the avatar. I do miss the ladies' pink letters. I was wondering why there were so many Male members here all of a sudden;-)

Aug 2, 2009
The year of joining is cut off... at least that's what I'm seeing. It just says "2..."

(oh i see now that if u click on the name the full year shows up)

T

toinena

The year of joining is cut off... at least that's what I'm seeing. It just says "2..."

(oh i see now that if u click on the name the full year shows up)
Yeah. You joined in Aug 2, 2009.

Aug 2, 2009
I just realized my photo albums and blog seem to be gone. This makes me quite sad. :( :( :( I had some poems I wrote in my blog that were special to me :( And some pics in my album too.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Well they did say the old site still exists (though they probably changed the URL) so you could go in and get anything that didn't make the jump to the new forum.

I would not recommend bugging them about it right now though, as they seem to have a fairly full plate. I'm fairly certain they will tell us what the old site's new address is when they have everything hashed out.

Going forward, it is common wisdom that if your files do not exist in at least three places, they do not really exist. Always keep backups - on a computer, on a flash drive and online in a forum or cloud storage would work.

A

AuntieAnt

Some of the features on the old site are not supported on this new platform (chat groups is one of them) but those few drawbacks are by far outweighed by the better security and functionality and other features that this platform allows that the old one would not.
Agreed! Praise God for that. \:)/

Btw, if you put someone on ignore, you cannot see them at all on the forum. YAY!!! WOOT! (y)

BUT... can they still see you and reply to your comment? :unsure: