"I am He"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
The correct translation from the Hebrew of "Everlasting Father" is "Father of Eternity," Isaiah 9v6 does not teach that the Lord Jesus is the same person as God the Father, but that He is the great Creator, Who also created time and Who is transcendent!
The Father of Eternity does not increase or diminish the title 'Father', He is still the Father and one of His other title in the same verse is Mighty God. So, yes, He is God the Father of eternity if you like. But it doesn't matter, He simply is the Father, Hebrew or not.

One more title in the same verse is wonderful counselor ; aren't you aware that this means He is the Holy spirit?

PS

Jan 11, 2013
God is One, consisting of thee Personhoods.
Can you not imagine how odd that must sound to a lot of people? There must be a better, more succinct and irrefutable way of putting it?

7seasrekeyed

The purpose of this post is to give all Bible believing Christians a new insight into the person of Jesus, or refresh our memories of what we once new about him.

Rev Autrey
that is not the purpose at all

the purpose is to cause people to question and doubt

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Can you not imagine how odd that must sound to a lot of people? There must be a better, more succinct and irrefutable way of putting it?
Let me explain. If Henry Ford put on overalls, and went to work on the factory floor under the name John Doe for a few weeks so he could get to know the workforce. How many people would he be?

E

eternally-gratefull

Let me explain. If Henry Ford put on overalls, and went to work on the factory floor under the name John Doe for a few weeks so he could get to know the workforce. How many people would he be?
Its not the same

Now if three men had equal rule of ford. And one of them came into the shop acting like one of the workers. That would be more applicable.

Because when you say the name ford. It represents all three men. But one

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
A Crucified Creator and King causes some to stumble as well when they try to reaon it out in their own understanding.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
After he had been there a few weeks, one of the men found out who he was. The next day he said to his workmates, "Do you know who John Doe is"? "No," they said, "Who is he?" The reply came back "He is the One and Only Henry Ford with us."

The Bible tells us Jesus is One like John Doe was One.

"Who is Jesus?" people ask. The reply comes back loud and clear, "Jesus is the One and Only God. with us" Amen.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Its not the same

Now if three men had equal rule of ford. And one of them came into the shop acting like one of the workers. That would be more applicable.

Because when you say the name ford. It represents all three men. But one
Interesting! these types use a lot of faulty analogies, strange logical deductions and verses misapplied to make their case, rather than the clear voice of Scripture. I guess they are trying to bring God's Word down to the level of human reason.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Interesting! these types use a lot of faulty analogies, strange logical deductions and verses misapplied to make their case, rather than the clear voice of Scripture. I guess they are trying to bring God's Word down to the level of human reason.
Well, people just don't understand the Triune God, especially when we talk of three persons.

Let me see you do better. Make it clear and plain, so that everyone knows instantly who Jesus is.

"God with us" does admirably in my view. The above was a simple illustration taken from real life.

E

eternally-gratefull

Like I said to someone in another thread. The only things these types of examples do is convince themselves that they are right, they are not helpful nor will they convince other people they are right. Because the examples do not fit..

The bible does not say God is one person

It says God is one God

Huge difference;

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
The heresy is when people say God is three. How many do Trinitarians say?
Well, i am shure,our heavenly father will not judge us because we baptise in the name of the father and the son and the holy Spirit. In my eyes there are no 3 gods, but 1.
Three in One. Our understanding is not complete now, so that we can understand God and His nature completeley. But we will do in future. If you believe your view, then do. In this matter you will not be 100% right,so i am not 100%right.
Lets wait a little bit. I suppose the coming of the Lord will not be so far away.

E

eternally-gratefull

Well, i am shure,our heavenly father will not judge us because we baptise in the name of the father and the son and the holy Spirit. In my eyes there are no 3 gods, but 1.
Three in One. Our understanding is not complete now, so that we can understand God and His nature completeley. But we will do in future. If you believe your view, then do. In this matter you will not be 100% right,so i am not 100%right.
Lets wait a little bit. I suppose the coming of the Lord will not be so far away.
I look at it this way
What makes God God. Is it not his essence?

Eternal. Omniscient. Omnipresent, Perfect. Spirit. Creator, etc etc etc..All thes things,

So when you think of God. You think of someone with all these characteristics.

Its what makes them God.

Just like our human characteristics make us human we are one race with many

God is one, yet three..because of his essence

They also have different jobs,so they are unique induviduals which are completing an aspect of the plan the father designed,

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
The purpose of this post is to give all Bible believing Christians a new insight into the person of Jesus, or refresh our memories of what we once new about him.

See, we have always known that Jesus is God, the one true God; the one who came and died for the sins of the world, but we just didn't know how to say it. But now we do. But even today, after 2000 years, hardly anyone believes it.

So let's look at one Scripture from the writings of David and you will see what David knew. He said in Psalm 27:1, "The Lord is my light and my salvation." But Paul, who was very familiar with the Psalms, said in Romans 10:9 that Jesus is the Lord David is talking about.

And that's what the name Jesus means: salvation or the Lord is my salvation. It can also be translated "The God who saves."

See David is preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ long before it took place: that the Lord he knew as YHwh God in the Old Testament is the New Testament Jesus, the same one who gives us salvation and the one we Christians name ourselves after.

A famous songwriter says it best:

When on the cross of Calvary the Lord was crucified
The Mob stood about him and mocked until he died.
Two thieves were nailed besides him to share the agony.
But one of them cried out to him O Lord remember me.

O what a shame to kill him there on that rugged cross,
but such a death was needed to rescue all the lost.
His blood was a ransom to set the captive free,
I know that I am included and that's enough for me.

See God didn't send a substitute. He came himself. And he called himself the Son or the Son of God to account for his human birth, or to show that he was human too.

He said it this way in Zechariah 12: 9,10:

And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for me, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for me, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem. …. King James Version (KJV)

See there is only one being called God. (Deut 6) If this is not so we are claiming that God is polytheistic and this cannot be so. And that Abraham and the prophets too worshiped more than one God, as the nations around them did. The confusion come when we see references to the Father and the Holy Spirit as Jesus speaks about himself. These are his other two names. He is introducing them to us so we an see the full extent of his love. As Jesus said in John 10:30, "The Father and I are the same me." And the same is true of The Holy Spirit.

So we call him Jesus in obedience to what God himself said in Isaiah 43:10-11:

"You are my witnesses, declares the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe that I am he: besides me there is no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the Lord Jesus; and beside me there is no savior.

But as I said, even today hardly anyone believed this truth. So all I ask is that you give it your condideration, even if you disagree. And let Jesus lead us back to the simple truth of Christ we once knew of him, and to the faith once delivered to us as believers in Christ Jesus.

God bless you,

Rev Autrey

That's strike 2 on modalism!! Jesus' Baptism, where ALL 3 persons were Present simultaneously was strike 1, and now David acknowledging that HIS Lord is a SEPARATE Person from God the Father:

Psalm 110:1 New King James Version (NKJV)
Announcement of the Messiah’s Reign
A Psalm of David.
110 The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,

Here is an explanation of the words "Lord":

In Psalm 110:1, David says, “The LORD says to my Lord: ‘Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool’” (ESV). In Matthew 22:44, Jesus quotes this verse in a discussion with the Pharisees in order to prove that the Messiah is more than David’s son; He is David’s Lord.

The clause the LORD says to my Lord contains two different Hebrew words for “lord” in the original. The first word is Yahweh, the Hebrew covenant name for God. The second is adoni, meaning “lord” or “master.” So, in Psalm 110:1, David writes this: “Yahweh says to my Adoni. . . .” To better understand Jesus’ use of Psalm 110:1, we’ll look at the identity of each “Lord” separately.

The first “Lord” in “the LORD says to my Lord” is the eternal God of the universe, the Great I AM who revealed Himself to Moses in Exodus 3. This self-existent, omnipotent God speaks in Psalm 110 to someone else who is also David’s “Lord.”

The second “Lord” in “the LORD says to my Lord” is the Messiah, or the Christ.

Ya got 1 more strike with a thread to try before YOU'RE OUT!

E

eternally-gratefull

That's strike 2 on modalism!! Jesus' Baptism, where ALL 3 persons were Present simultaneously was strike 1, and now David acknowledging that HIS Lord is a SEPARATE Person from God the Father:

Psalm 110:1 New King James Version (NKJV)
Announcement of the Messiah’s Reign
A Psalm of David.
110 The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,

Here is an explanation of the words "Lord":

In Psalm 110:1, David says, “The LORD says to my Lord: ‘Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool’” (ESV). In Matthew 22:44, Jesus quotes this verse in a discussion with the Pharisees in order to prove that the Messiah is more than David’s son; He is David’s Lord.

The clause the LORD says to my Lord contains two different Hebrew words for “lord” in the original. The first word is Yahweh, the Hebrew covenant name for God. The second is adoni, meaning “lord” or “master.” So, in Psalm 110:1, David writes this: “Yahweh says to my Adoni. . . .” To better understand Jesus’ use of Psalm 110:1, we’ll look at the identity of each “Lord” separately.

The first “Lord” in “the LORD says to my Lord” is the eternal God of the universe, the Great I AM who revealed Himself to Moses in Exodus 3. This self-existent, omnipotent God speaks in Psalm 110 to someone else who is also David’s “Lord.”

The second “Lord” in “the LORD says to my Lord” is the Messiah, or the Christ.

Ya got 1 more strike with a thread to try before YOU'RE OUT!
Was it not pre-incarnate jesus who who revealed himself to moses? Or am I misunderstanding you here?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Was it not pre-incarnate jesus who who revealed himself to moses? Or am I misunderstanding you here?
I’m sorry, I’m not understanding your question relative to my post. The point I’m making is that Jesus was talking to His Father in that psalm, so obviously there were at least 2 Persons there.

Not sure what that has to do with Moses at all.

E

eternally-gratefull

I’m sorry, I’m not understanding your question relative to my post. The point I’m making is that Jesus was talking to His Father in that psalm, so obviously there were at least 2 Persons there.

Not sure what that has to do with Moses at all.
From your post. It appeared you said the father revealed himself to moses. Not jesus, I am just trying to clarify.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
From your post. It appeared you said the father revealed himself to moses. Not jesus, I am just trying to clarify.
Now I understand what you are saying. I don’t believe there is reason to think the burning bush is Jesus. I believe it was the Father. BOTH are the “I AM” but I think when Jesus manifests in the OT it is in bodily form, whereas the Father cannot be seen by human eyes .

E

eternally-gratefull

Now I understand what you are saying. I don’t believe there is reason to think the burning bush is Jesus. I believe it was the Father. BOTH are the “I AM” but I think when Jesus manifests in the OT it is in bodily form, whereas the Father cannot be seen by human eyes .
Ah, Ok, I see.

I disagree, but I can see now why you would think this,

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Fair comment. All I was saying, as I am sure you understand, is the just as Henry Ford the father of the company humbled himself to become John Doe, so it was with God the Father who humbled himself to become Jesus.