I need advice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LadyInWaiting

You need to dump him. How do you think God feels when he abuses you? You really think that treatment glorifies him? Think of your future kids. Would you want your daughter to be treated that way? GET OUT NOW!!!

Jan 27, 2015
I am in a relationship of 10month, and we love each other well. How will I cope with my fiance that is so abusive n never accept his wrong but if I try to correct him he will flare up n start abusing me. I'm fed up
Either you love each other well or he's abusive. One or the other. And it seems pretty clear from your description that he's abusive.

Just leave already. As far as we know, you don't have kids or any shared assets with this guy, so I'm not sure what the hold up is...

Isny

Jan 15, 2017
so sorry to hear that u think that u can never trust 'men' - maybe it could be better said, that you can never 'trust YOUR choices' -
life is a continual journey in order for us to refine our choices/selves, and grow into a new and better person...
There is great truth in what you said here.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Just an fyi, the OP hasn't returned since the their post.

Karren

Jan 22, 2019
If there is no respect ,,there is no love ,,walk away and pray ,,cry as hard as you can and you will be okay

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Sorry to hear this. Your best course of action is to get out and stay out. This will only get worse.

Because you have said he is abusive, I suggest going "no contact" immediately. Change the locks, and if he shows up tell him to leave you alone. If he shows up again, call the police and get a restraining order against him. Don't give him an opportunity to explain, for he will likely give you some lie to manipulate you into staying involved.
Since the OP is from Nigeria, more than likely they don't have access to the same legal protections that can be taken for granted in the western world.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Since the OP is from Nigeria, more than likely they don't have access to the same legal protections that can be taken for granted in the western world.
Good point.

Since the format change, the flags aren't readily visible, and I usually don't look further than a poster's name and avatar.

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
Since the format change, the flags aren't readily visible, and I usually don't look further than a poster's name and avatar.
Yes, I kind of prefer the old format... Maybe she hasn't returned because she didn't like all the answers advising her to leave someone she loves? She probably wanted to resolve the abuse, not run from it? We are also left speculating what "abusing me" means? Sometimes with women, it can just mean that he's ignoring her when she tries to correct him, and has nothing to do with physical, mental, or emotional abuse.