Someoe give this Brother reputation won't let me for now, so the Love of God protruded right through you Brother
I thoroughly agree with you.
Someoe give this Brother reputation won't let me for now, so the Love of God protruded right through you Brother
[video=youtube;CWR46pW4PfY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWR46pW4PfY[/video]
Sometimes, we just have to remember the Gospel..
If suicide is an unforgiveable sin, then it would make our Lords word false when He says all sin will be forgiven except the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.
Plus it also makes it evident in scripture that purposeful or willful sin is not acceptable.
Is a person who commits suicide in the right frame of mind to make proper decisions, most cases it has been proven that they are usually so far distraut by what they are dealing with they believe there is no other way out.
I know also in many cases they usually leave a note asking for forgiveness from friends and family members, and then who is to say if they before they commit the suicide said or not forgive me Lord.
Some Christians believe in a fairy tale that life is easy, wonderful, and that this could not happen to a true believer in Christ.
Their argument falls to the ground though when you mention how the Apostles and Christians before us were beaten, killed, exiled, and imprisoned. And even now days it happens to Christians, and the bible makes it clear that even in the future bad things will happen to believers, and as a fact it will get worse.
well, i struggle with suicide every day and i was taught that if one commits suicide its not necessarily a "sin" because depression is a disease and diseases are almost impossible to treat. Plus God judges your heart
The scriptures says that no murderer will enter the kingdom of God. That soul who committed suicide murdered himself. Whosoever he is would have died in his sins, because he did not confess and repent of his sin.I am judging the action not the person.
I realise that this is a really sensitive subject and I apologise if anyone finds this topic hard. I'm asking this question as I see this question pop up a lot.
I feel that this one takes the application of some simple logic. In Ephesians 1:13-14 Paul wrote that at the moment we first heard the gospel and believed it the Holy Spirit was sealed within us as a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance. In 2 Cor. 1:21-22 he added to this saying that God Himself has accepted responsibility for us and put His mark of ownership on us. In Colossians 2:13-14 he said that the Lord forgave us all our sins at the cross. That means our salvation was guaranteed before we had a chance to do anything, good or bad, after becoming saved.
Since God knows the end from the beginning, He knew every sin we would ever commit. The moment we accepted the Gospel and became born again all of them were forgiven, even the sin of taking our own life if it comes to that.
Yet some people believe that they would go to hell. Some will argue, but how can you repent of suicide? It is too late after you died. But I believe that this betrays an idea that each time you sin you temporarily lose your salvation before you go back to God and ask for his forgiveness.
So what are your views?
God bless!
(Also I'd like to point out that God would never want you to take your life as he values it more than anything in the world, so much that he gave his own son)
Jesus stated: " He that ENDURES TO THE END ( natural death/Rapture) SHALL BE SAVED" (Matthew 10 v 22)..... Secondly, suicide is a cop -out, meaning you have no faith or believe in the power of God., The person that kills them self is going to hell...
this is hard because I wrestle with suicidal thoughts, a lot over the past year. Sometimes I feel like just crying, and going to sleep as much as possible, I hate my life many times, and not in a biblical way that Christ would talk about. Sometimes I feel that nothing good will come, and that God opposes the work of my hand
The scriptures says that no murderer will enter the kingdom of God. That soul who committed suicide murdered himself. Whosoever he is would have died in his sins, because he did not confess and repent of his sin.I am judging the action not the person.
I love how you have explained that should we feel the need to confess each time, it would mean that we loose our salvation temporarily before we then confess that sin. I have often tired to explain that committing suicide is not something that causes us to go to hell for all eternity because Jesus dies for ALL our sins. Can you imagine if you died naturally and forgot to confess that you had committed some other sin, would this then mean that you would go to hell?
Sin is sin to the Lord irrespective of what we have done, somehow the sin of killing ourselves or homosexuality seem to be bigger to some people that other sin's.
As you put it, if we need to make sure we are sinless when we die then really what did Jesus die for?
For OSAS believers would have you believe that we are not perfecting holiness in the fear of the Lord (2 Corinthians 7:1).
Yes, it is true that perfect loves casts out fear. But see, you have to perfect your faith in holiness so as to cast out fear.
It takes work in perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
For if we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).
This does not mean we are saved by works.
Repentance is not a work but it is simply throwing yourself down before the mercy of God;
And perfecting your faith is simply choosing to abide with Jesus Christ who is the source of salvation.
For He that has the Son has life and He that does not have the Son does not have life (1 John 5:12).
For there is no "Condemnation" to those who are in Christ Jesus who walk after the Spirit and not after the flesh (Romans 8:1).
Is committing suicide walking after the Spirit? Or is committing suicide walking after the flesh?
I wouldn't recommend committing suicide, but Samson did that in effect. God even enabled it. He even wound up in the faith chapter of Hebrews 11.
Committing suicide is extremely selfish, though. It seems like a Christian would consider the negative witness he would leave behind with his family and friends. In effect, he would be saying that Jesus wasn't enough for his joy.
If someone takes their own life, they will die lost....read what apostle Paul stated in I Corinthians 3 v 16 &17. We are the temple of God ( Converted Christians) Even the sinners were made by God as well...so same rule applies.