If Women Can't Have Authority Over Men in the Church, Why Are They Expected to Teach in School?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I always understood Paul's words about a woman's need to be silent in church as a cultural thing. Supposedly in the early church services men and women were separated on opposite sides of the church. And it was customary for men to ask questions in the middle of a church "service." Women began asking questions, as well, which caused excessive interruptions and confusion. Paul said they were to remain quiet in the service and direct their questions to their husbands at home.

Also, interesting is that on resurrection day Jesus did not choose to have a man carry the news. He sent the most important message of all time through a woman. I tend to think His choice was made on purpose.
Its not a matter of culture. Paul is unerringly clear: its a matter of order in the Church vis a vis the order of creation.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Its not a matter of culture. Paul is unerringly clear: its a matter of order in the Church vis a vis the order of creation.
And the phenomenon of the fall too. Paul articulates this matter to support his prescribed order in the Church. Pls see the discourses that I posted earlier.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I always understood Paul's words about a woman's need to be silent in church as a cultural thing. Supposedly in the early church services men and women were separated on opposite sides of the church. And it was customary for men to ask questions in the middle of a church "service." Women began asking questions, as well, which caused excessive interruptions and confusion. Paul said they were to remain quiet in the service and direct their questions to their husbands at home.

Also, interesting is that on resurrection day Jesus did not choose to have a man carry the news. He sent the most important message of all time through a woman. I tend to think His choice was made on purpose.
Again, we are in agreement on this.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Your unwillingness to consider the cultural context makes your position incoherent.

Mar 28, 2016

Not sure about the idea of early church? The church was revealed when the separated walls came down (This is at the renting of the veil) .The reformation had come. Men, woman and gentiles after the order spoken of in Joel could now gather together and cerebrate the new to fold cerinimoinal law.

The silent does not mean. .. don't share the gospel with woman or vice versa . The teaching must be more than declaring the gospel planting the seed or watering it . Which I believe had to do with relationship difficulties that arised from the new order.

Christ alone is the teacher, as it (the word of God) teaches us we abide in him not seen not men or woman ,.In that way and we are to call no man or woman on earth teacher. One is our infallible father in heaven

We can teach or share how to hear with the different manners and prescriptions . But each individual must seek after his approval as he lovingly commandments us and empowers us to perform his good pleasure .He would not command us without giving us the interpreting tools needed to walk by faith.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Not sure about the idea of early church? The church was revealed when the separated walls came down (This is at the renting of the veil) .The reformation had come. Men, woman and gentiles after the order spoken of in Joel could now gather together and cerebrate the new to fold cerinimoinal law.

The silent does not mean. .. don't share the gospel with woman or vice versa . The teaching must be more than declaring the gospel planting the seed or watering it . Which I believe had to do with relationship difficulties that arised from the new order.

Christ alone is the teacher, as it (the word of God) teaches us we abide in him not seen not men or woman ,.In that way and we are to call no man or woman on earth teacher. One is our infallible father in heaven

We can teach or share how to hear with the different manners and prescriptions . But each individual must seek after his approval as he lovingly commandments us and empowers us to perform his good pleasure .He would not command us without giving us the interpreting tools needed to walk by faith.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Again, you have taken a term that has a specific meaning to everybody else, and have given it a new meaning.

Why can't you just accept established meanings? Do you delight in making your posts incomprehensible to others?

Mar 28, 2016
Again, you have taken a term that has a specific meaning to everybody else, and have given it a new meaning.

Why can't you just accept established meanings? Do you delight in making your posts incomprehensible to others?
Established as in . . . did God really say?

I delight in studying to show approval of God as he lovingly commands us to. I have re-visited many different interpretation ideas. Its almost like fingerprints . I think if something was lost it could be found. Like when he comes on the last day will he find faith in respect the unseen God or the interpretation of man. Could some of the foundation of been destroyed?

Like by the Pope described as a daysman in Job 9. Even Jesus would not stand in that Holy Place a infallible interpreter.. . reserved for our Father. but rather Jesus said one is good, God alone is good ..hear my Father.. not men or woman. Search the scriptures daily as did the noble Berean's . The Holy Spirit moving them to make it possible.

That meaning of some that woman are forbidden( silent) from sharing the gospel speaking with men, as of the time of reformation. . . in a new elevated place set aside as ceremonial does not figure in. . if you compare the spiritual understanding to the spiritual (faith to faith) .We do not look to the temporal in that way.

The idea of men alone teaching the gospel simply does not make any biblical sense...The warning (1 John 2:27-28) is we need no man to teach us which of course means woman either. But rather as it the work of the Holy Spirit teaches us we abide in him. The reformation came. . . it seems all but forgotten just as before the 15th century reformation a carbon copy . Same battle, all things written in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura)working in the affairs of men

Men and woman can plant and water the seed but the father does the teaching comforting and bringing to our minds that which he has taught us. He gives us the spirit life to grow if we do. We are simply as his bride used as a surrogate womb as the seed of Christ is formed in us .Paul and Timothy

Even the Son of Man Jesus would not stand in that holy place that some place men .as if they were the good master.

The reformation brought the change spoken of in Joel. The time period the Jews were under as a pagan foundation had come to a end.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Established as in . . . did God really say?
No. Established as in the word "reformation" means "the protestant breakaway from Catholicism in the 1500's" to most Christians.

Yes, "reformation" was used once in the Hebrews 9:10, so it's not your meaning in this case. However, if you want others to understand you, you will need to avoid using common words with uncommon meanings.

Mar 28, 2016
No. Established as in the word "reformation" means "the protestant breakaway from Catholicism in the 1500's" to most Christians.
It as it is written is the reforming, restoring authority in any generation .Not just the fifteenth century . It reformed the pagan government in respect to kings in Israel as a parable used for the that time period .We are in a restored form of Government.... it continues to reform, restore cleanse, dust off.. . Like the old Timex watch...takes a licking but keeps on ticking forever more.

Yes, "reformation" was used once in the Hebrews 9:10, so it's not your meaning in this case. However, if you want others to understand you, you will need to avoid using common words with uncommon meanings.
I would offer. Whether the law is written once or a thousands times it does not change the authority .The reformation spoken of in Hebrews is a carbon copy that can be used endlessly to resore the doctrines of God.

Hearing the gospel of Christ is after no man or woman. Coming from a woman or a man is never the issue. There are woman prophets today sent out with the gospel as well as man . I think the teaching or silence must represent some differently. Something they can teach there boys at home if any. . . "how to hear woman" Knowing they will seek after aa extension of God's love though as opposite in some ways. . Woman can teach them at home. And husband can discuss women and men issues at home. Woman does not wait to get home to be schooled by the master .Sub masters have different gifts. I know a few Deborah's a word that means "The (honey) Bee" that can buzz circles around men. Look out for the queen clothed in the righteousness of her husband. She could be the first one in the room rather than the late one.

Ecclesiastes 4:12 An enemy might be able to defeat one person, but two people can stand back-to-back to defend each other. And three people are even stronger. They are like a rope that has three parts wrapped together—it is very hard to break.

If women are not to teach men in that setting it is surely not in represent to believing God. he works in us .In that way he says call no man teacher on earth for one is our father in heaven .

There is a beautiful parable in Ester that speaks of Christ coming in the power of Deborah the authority of God working in her. Three days and nights fasting as the kind fast that could drive our lying spirits .Ester Christ like giving her spirit life in jeopardy for the people of God

I will go in when calls me... seeing my need first. Not like other queens last to enter the room . late as usual LOL

Then Esther sent this answer to Mordecai: “Mordecai, go and get all the Jews in Susa together, and fast for me. Don’t eat or drink for three days and nights. I and my women servants will fast too. After we fast, I will go to the king. I know it is against the law to go to the king if he didn’t call me, but I will do it anyway. If I die, I die.” Ester 4; 15-16

The faithless Jews as did the Catholic sought after another kind of authority. . walking after the temporal what the eyes see.

They proved they had no faith by killing the misperceived competition. . . flesh wrestling against flesh. Misperceived as a false zeal for knowing God (Acts 22 and Acts 24) through a "law of the fathers" oral tradition of man as in out of sight out of mind .The religion of Cain in the garden .

The guiding principle of the fifteenth century reformation. Same law of men that attempted to make all things written in law and the prophets without effect. .Even in both cases receiving letters of approval from the high priests (Popes) to whosoever kills the most enters the patron saint of Christian killers hall of fame.