In a Zombie Apocalypse, Who Would You Want Fighting on YOUR Team?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
And right about now, seoulsearch perks up...

SEOULSEARCH: Okay Lynx, you had me at drop-kicking troublemakers. Let's get this party started!

The only problem with that is... What if I'M considered on of the troublemakers? :eek:

That means a team must be assembling RIGHT now and are preparing to drop-kick ME. o_O:geek::ROFL:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If you want to be a troublemaker you're going to have to step up your game. A lot. You haven't made any trouble yet, and I've been on this forum for more than half a decade now.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
OK lets define these zombies. Are we talking slow and shuffling undead or teenagers before noon? Also in the 80s there were a bunch of movies with zombies that were faster and tougher than the New Zealand All Blacks rugby team. Were they infected humans that went zombie or raised from the dead? I'm figuring if they were raised then we can pray them back down. If they were infected we are going to need a lot of hand sanitizer. I vote for the shufflers. With shufflers you aim for the brain. With teenagers you aim for the Nintendo Switch.
As for a team I would say all of you and really hoping that some of you are slower than me (no offense). If I have to narrow it down, definitely @Susanna and @Solemateleft and @Lynx . Sole said he is a sr Operations Research Analyst for USMC so I know that he can create strategies to deal with different contingencies, defensive and organizational. His analytical skills and Marine training would trump my, "Would you like to talk about it?" technique. Susanna is our kick butt, Linda Hamilton, Terminator fighting gal. She and Sole can figure out how to save us all. I'd be more like, "Hey, look over there!" and run away. I hear that you can use that one indefinitely with zombies. They are slow learners. Lynx has the flamethrower and seems anxious to use it. I'd also want @seoulsearch because she asks the kind of questions that you have to think about. She'd be getting to know them and have them sitting cross legged, examining their motivations. Zero would be good to have as he understand cars and could get us some transportation. (Can you hotwire a car/plane/boat @zeroturbulence?). He could also sketch us to memorial our victory. Anyone else want to join in? I've got a freezer full of food and I make a mean chicken a la king stuffed crepe. :) Did I mention cookies? Yes @Lynx the chipits are semi-sweet not milk chocolate.
I can fly a plane (I once flew a cessna skylane). Cars can't be hotwired anymore because they all have chips in the keys. If the car has keyless start, the theives use some kind of radiowave scanner to copy the frequency that the owner's keyfob sends out when they lock/unlock the doors. Then they use that frequency it to get in and drive away.

I can also shoot and teach some firearms safety. I can diagnose car problems but fixing them is a whole other ball game. I was also a certified pharmacy technician and took some nursing courses and have CPR and BLS certifications.

I can cook stuff too and am OCD about cleanliness. My shortcoming is that I am easily grossed out by stuff. That's one reason why I can't be a nurse even though I wanted to be one. This is probably wayyy too much personal info for me to share. I usually don't like sharing anything because I'm a very private person.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I can fly a plane (I once flew a cessna skylane). Cars can't be hotwired anymore because they all have chips in the keys. If the car has keyless start, the theives use some kind of radiowave scanner to copy the frequency that the owner's keyfob sends out when they lock/unlock the doors. Then they use that frequency it to get in and drive away.

I can also shoot and teach some firearms safety. I can diagnose car problems but fixing them is a whole other ball game. I was also a certified pharmacy technician and took some nursing courses and have CPR and BLS certifications.

I can cook stuff too and am OCD about cleanliness. My shortcoming is that I am easily grossed out by stuff. That's one reason why I can't be a nurse even though I wanted to be one. This is probably wayyy too much personal info for me to share. I usually don't like sharing anything because I'm a very private person.

I'm thinking Zero is definitely in the lead when it comes to qualifying as a top officer in the Zombie Survival Squad (or any other disaster, for that matter) -- no contest! 🥇🏆🔑

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
sorry seoul sounds way too complicated for me.
Not a fan of zombies....

however I do know that garlic breath keeps away vampires.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
sorry seoul sounds way too complicated for me.
Not a fan of zombies....

however I do know that garlic breath keeps away vampires.
Some also have a serious ocd with counting things. Centuries ago they used to leave a broom on there door or marbles on the floor. There hope was the vampire would compulsively count every marble or strand and the sun would be up by the time they finished. So theres a reason The Count from Sesame Street is obsessed with numbers.

S

Susanna

I think you and me are going to establish the CC Task Force😁.

We’re gonna fix us a training facility where we are taking in cadets for the task force😁.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Well having someone rich and with connections would be great for a Zombie Apocalypse. If there a good leader that's another plus (I'm not the leader type)

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
In the spirit of this series of DIY Match Making threads and the Zar's most recent guidance...
Note: These assignment are mostly arbitrary, I tried to include everyone who agreed or quasi agreed to this idea (sorry if I missed someone). As we get closer to detailed planning for cc singles zombie match-making scenario - we'll be able to align folks future roles and responsibilities with your associated myers-briggs personality tests - as your current jobs/hobbies may or may not align with several of our future job functions...

Christian Chat Zombie Crew (CCZC) Roles & Responsibilities:

Zombie Community Coordinator Zar: @seoulsearch

Hunter-Killer Patrol Team (tasked to kill zombies): @Susanna and @JustEli

Zombie Herder Team (tasked to out-smart zombies – know their critical attraction trigger as a means to lure, herd and corral zombies – for follow-on future offensive strategies): @MegMarch and @Desdichado

Hunter/Gatherer Team (tasked to procure sustenance): @Blain and @love_comes_softly

Scavenger Team (tasked to procure materials/supplies/medicines): @Lanolin and @christian74

Security Patrol Squad (tasked to conduct recon & security patrols outside encampments and Logistic zones): @HeraldtheNews and @Mel85

Mobile Security Team (tasked to provide security for all teams out and about): @zeroturbulence and @cinder

Perimeter Security: @Lynx and @TamLynn

Listening Post/Observation Post (tasked to maintain forward eyes/ears and communications): @Kojikun and @ArtsieSteph; @Mii; @mlssufan01

Supply Chain Team: @Didymous and @LittleMermaid

Fortress/Entrepreneur Development Team: @G00WZ and @TabinRivCA

Covert Match-Maker Master Mind Team: @Heart_Melody and @BrotherMike; @Tinkerbell725; @Deade

Singles Recruiter (role is to both aggressively recruit new CCZC singles as well as newly widowed/widower candidates): @Poinsetta and @up; @Woodsrun and @melita916

CCZC Single Swingers Project & Event Planners (tasked to make swing sets along with other recreational activities and events): @Pipp and @JustEli

Baby Mill Oversight Committee (tasked to schedule & oversee controlled fornication or artificial insemination for the good of the Human Race): pending the Zar’s approval…

Wizard of Oz Sperm Bank Donors: For Looks & Charm: @JustEli; For Brains: @Dino246; For Heart/Soul: @1christian1; For Courage: @Gregoryp

Counter Diabolical Contingency Operations Planning Team: @Solemateleft; @laughingheart; @Gregoryp; @TabinRivCA; @Subhumanoidal; @seoulsearch

My Roommate/Ranger Buddy: ?? We’re going to have to set up a College Dorm-Roommate-Like portal to help people to identify compatible roommates as we’ll need to sequester ourselves in two-person teams (Ranger-Buddy) at all times. You will be assigned a roommate/Ranger buddy based upon compatibility and preferences…

CCZC Single Apostles Team (tasked to schedule, teach and enable retention of Christian knowledge is retained and practiced information campaign to Quote Scripture & Sings gospel songs): @CharliRenee; @oyster67; @love_comes_softly; @Dino246

Deputies to Watch for People who are likely to: Escalate the situation/ Shout at everyone/ Gripe and complain/ Injure their baby toe: @OneOfHis; @danja; @Hungry; @TheArtist; @faith_in_him; @DBurrage; @Rehoboth16; @JamOn; @ Whispered

Deputies to Watch for signs for People who are candidates for Padded rooms. ID all who: Licks the window, Asleep in the corner, Removes their hair weave, Kicks the nurses, Believes they are a unicorn, Fights an imaginary demon, Just sits there mumbling, Digs their nose, Cries for mommy: @Kim82; @SherryD; @KhedetOrthos; @Fly75; @christian74; @CozHElivesIcanface2morrow; @Going_Nowhere

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
In the spirit of this series of DIY Match Making threads and the Zar's most recent guidance...
Note: These assignment are mostly arbitrary, I tried to include everyone who agreed or quasi agreed to this idea (sorry if I missed someone). As we get closer to detailed planning for cc singles zombie match-making scenario - we'll be able to align folks future roles and responsibilities with your associated myers-briggs personality tests - as your current jobs/hobbies may or may not align with several of our future job functions...

Zombie Herder Team (tasked to out-smart zombies – know their critical attraction trigger as a means to lure, herd and corral zombies – for follow-on future offensive strategies): @MegMarch and @Desdichado

Hunter/Gatherer Team (tasked to procure sustenance): @Blain and @love_comes_softly

Scavenger Team (tasked to procure materials/supplies/medicines): @Lanolin and @christian74

Security Patrol Squad (tasked to conduct recon & security patrols outside encampments and Logistic zones): @HeraldtheNews and @Mel85

Mobile Security Team (tasked to provide security for all teams out and about): @zeroturbulence and @cinder

Listening Post/Observation Post (tasked to maintain forward eyes/ears and communications): @Kojikun and @ArtsieSteph; @Mii; @mlssufan01

Covert Match-Maker Master Mind Team: @Heart_Melody and @BrotherMike; @Tinkerbell725; @Deade

Singles Recruiter (role is to both aggressively recruit new CCZC singles as well as newly widowed/widower candidates): @Poinsetta and @up; @Woodsrun and @melita916

CCZC Single Swingers Project & Event Planners (tasked to make swing sets along with other recreational activities and events): @Pipp and @JustEli

Baby Mill Oversight Committee (tasked to schedule & oversee controlled fornication or artificial insemination for the good of the Human Race): pending the Zar’s approval…

Wizard of Oz Sperm Bank Donors: For Looks & Charm: @JustEli; For Brains: @Dino246; For Heart/Soul: @1christian1; For Courage: @Gregoryp

Counter Diabolical Contingency Operations Planning Team: @Solemateleft; @laughingheart; @Gregoryp; @TabinRivCA; @Subhumanoidal; @seoulsearch

My Roommate/Ranger Buddy: ?? We’re going to have to set up a College Dorm-Roommate-Like portal to help people to identify compatible roommates as we’ll need to sequester ourselves in two-person teams (Ranger-Buddy) at all times. You will be assigned a roommate/Ranger buddy based upon compatibility and preferences…

CCZC Single Apostles Team (tasked to schedule, teach and enable retention of Christian knowledge is retained and practiced information campaign to Quote Scripture & Sings gospel songs): @CharliRenee; @oyster67; @love_comes_softly; @Dino246

Deputies to Watch for People who are likely to: Escalate the situation/ Shout at everyone/ Gripe and complain/ Injure their baby toe: @OneOfHis; @danja; @Hungry; @TheArtist; @faith_in_him; @DBurrage; @Rehoboth16; @JamOn; @ Whispered

Deputies to Watch for signs for People who are candidates for Padded rooms. ID all who: Licks the window, Asleep in the corner, Removes their hair weave, Kicks the nurses, Believes they are a unicorn, Fights an imaginary demon, Just sits there mumbling, Digs their nose, Cries for mommy: @Kim82; @SherryD; @KhedetOrthos; @Fly75; @christian74; @CozHElivesIcanface2morrow; @Going_Nowhere

Good Gravy, @Solemateleft, this is one of the most in-depth, detailed, inclusive posts I've ever seen!!!

Thank you very much for playing, Sir! I would gladly give you an entire flock of emoji reactions if I could!!! Loved your categories, and titles, lol.

I have to warn you though -- under certain circumstances, I might fit under the classification of "Crying for Mommy" -- like if we run out of rations. Did you ever think you'd be using all your hard-earned tactical military knowledge... To answer a thread about zombies???!!!

Outstanding job, and I think we should easily crown you the new "Emperor of the Singles Forum." :D

From now on, I'll just be coasting on your coattails!

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016

Oh yes. You are so drafted. If things get gross I'll yell, "Look away!". Yes. That should do it. Med. tech., automotive and tech. tech. Zero is a 100. :)

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
Good Gravy, @Solemateleft, this is one of the most in-depth, detailed, inclusive posts I've ever seen!!!

Thank you very much for playing, Sir! I would gladly give you an entire flock of emoji reactions if I could!!! Loved your categories, and titles, lol.

I have to warn you though -- under certain circumstances, I might fit under the classification of "Crying for Mommy" -- like if we run out of rations. Did you ever think you'd be using all your hard-earned tactical military knowledge... To answer a thread about zombies???!!!

Outstanding job, and I think we should easily crown you the new "Emperor of the Singles Forum." :D

From now on, I'll just be coasting on your coattails!
Blushes, ah shucks ma'am... It's all in a days work as we say in the business of operations planning... I did mention that human dynamics and analysis was my jam - didn't I... lol

S

Susanna

Aye, Sir!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
All I know from zombie movies/books/video games is, do NOT go to Arizona. For some reason that's where all the bad things happen, in Arizona or Nevada or some other mostly arid place. I don't know why it is so popular for zombie stories, but Arizona gets a lot of undead traffic.
I have been all through Arizona. Landscape is bleak and desolate. Was there in August 1972. Very hot. Dry. No zombies were encountered though.

S

Susanna

I have been all through Arizona. Landscape is bleak and desolate. Was there in August 1972. Very hot. Dry. No zombies were encountered though.
You haven’t been to Winslow, Arizona, where The Eagles saw this girl in a flat bed Ford, slowing down to take a look😁.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018

Very nice! :cool:

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Since 'The Walking Dead' zombies seem the most plausible, I asked if anyone had knife or sword skills, as these are the quietest(therefore the safest)weapons with which to slay said zombies.

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
Since 'The Walking Dead' zombies seem the most plausible, I asked if anyone had knife or sword skills, as these are the quietest(therefore the safest)weapons with which to slay said zombies.
Good catch @Didymous ... I meant to include a 'Hand-to-Hand Combat & Louisville Slugger Survival Instructors' team... It would appear that @Woodsrun and I both have some experience with Martial Arts... This is an area where we would have to develop mobile training teams to both train the trainer and to train the masses in the arts of self defense...

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You haven’t been to Winslow, Arizona, where The Eagles saw this girl in a flat bed Ford, slowing down to take a look😁.
You know, I actually have been to Winslow, Arizona. Good song too.