Insights to think about....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Just wanted to share some insight. Sorry it is so long.

Humble - awareness and acknowledging God's love for us (even while we were sinners) and our dependency on God for existence, aware of the infinite value God places on us and others which causes us to be very thoughtful and kind toward others and ourselves and respond to God with great love for Him and great value for others.

Sinner/Martyrdom Mentality - awareness and acknowledging God's judgment against us because of our sin that we refuse to let go of (forgive ourselves) because we're trying to figure out some kind of "work" we can do to save ourselves or punish ourselves. It is self-focused and only sees the bad - a depressed place, full of shame. The only pleasure the "sinner/martyrdom mentality" gets is when something bad happens to them and they believe they deserved it and God is punishing them which satisfies their need for "works". It is bondage.

Pride is total focus on self - very selfish. Pride blinds us to God and others. We exalt our wants and needs above others. If it doesn't get what it wants, it throws a temper tantrum, seeks revenge, lies, steals, hates, etc. Pride is NEVER satisfied.

However, pride cannot exist where true humility thrives. A grateful heart focused on God and overflowing with thankfulness for all His goodness just showers love on God, others and ourselves in a very fun, life-giving way! Pure joy at it's finest! :love:

Self-righteousness can occur when we start keeping track of all our "good works" and what we think are the "good works" of others. Doing this causes us to enter into comparing, be judgmental and/or critical of others. We start to compare ourselves with others and someone gets condemned - either them or us. It is very self absorbed (not focused on God at all) and keeps track of all their "good works" as badges of honor so they can "earn" righteousness. It is bondage also.

So, keep your identity "in Christ" with a grateful and thankful heart and you will live in peace with God, others and yourself - no worries of pride, sinner/martyrdom mentality or self-righteousness! Even if other people judge you and call you all kinds of evil things, you will be at peace! (Knowledge, understanding, wisdom and discernment are very important - they come in time as we mature.)

We're all under construction, God's not finished with us yet. God knows we still trip and fall into sin but we have power now to overcome! Just keep going - fight the good fight of faith! :love:

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Just wanted to share some insight. Sorry it is so long.

Humble - awareness and acknowledging God's love for us (even while we were sinners) and our dependency on God for existence, aware of the infinite value God places on us and others which causes us to be very thoughtful and kind toward others and ourselves and respond to God with great love for Him and great value for others.

Sinner/Martyrdom Mentality - awareness and acknowledging God's judgment against us because of our sin that we refuse to let go of (forgive ourselves) because we're trying to figure out some kind of "work" we can do to save ourselves or punish ourselves. It is self-focused and only sees the bad - a depressed place, full of shame. The only pleasure the "sinner/martyrdom mentality" gets is when something bad happens to them and they believe they deserved it and God is punishing them which satisfies their need for "works". It is bondage.

Pride is total focus on self - very selfish. Pride blinds us to God and others. We exalt our wants and needs above others. If it doesn't get what it wants, it throws a temper tantrum, seeks revenge, lies, steals, hates, etc. Pride is NEVER satisfied.

However, pride cannot exist where true humility thrives. A grateful heart focused on God and overflowing with thankfulness for all His goodness just showers love on God, others and ourselves in a very fun, life-giving way! Pure joy at it's finest! :love:

Self-righteousness can occur when we start keeping track of all our "good works" and what we think are the "good works" of others. Doing this causes us to enter into comparing, be judgmental and/or critical of others. We start to compare ourselves with others and someone gets condemned - either them or us. It is very self absorbed (not focused on God at all) and keeps track of all their "good works" as badges of honor so they can "earn" righteousness. It is bondage also.

So, keep your identity "in Christ" with a grateful and thankful heart and you will live in peace with God, others and yourself - no worries of pride, sinner/martyrdom mentality or self-righteousness! Even if other people judge you and call you all kinds of evil things, you will be at peace! (Knowledge, understanding, wisdom and discernment are very important - they come in time as we mature.)

We're all under construction, God's not finished with us yet. God knows we still trip and fall into sin but we have power now to overcome! Just keep going - fight the good fight of faith! :love:
I needed this today. You, dear, are a blessing. Best post of the day as far as I am concerned. How edifying. This is so well said, BAM!!!!! This deserves a couple ribbons, inho. We r under construction but post like this shows me hope in His work within. Thanks again!!!

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
This right here has me smiling so big...

A grateful heart focused on God and overflowing with thankfulness for all His goodness just showers love on God, others and ourselves in a very fun, life-giving way! Pure joy at it's finest! :love:

But this is good too...

Sorry to keep responding but this is that good!!!

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
This right here has me smiling so big...

A grateful heart focused on God and overflowing with thankfulness for all His goodness just showers love on God, others and ourselves in a very fun, life-giving way! Pure joy at it's finest! :love:

But this is good too...

Sorry to keep responding but this is that good!!!
Lol! Just the secret to why I can laff out loud!!! ❤️😍👍😂😂🤣😆😊

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
the secret to all the secrets, wow, I only understand a little of it yet but we will understand more of it

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
the secret to all the secrets, wow, I only understand a little of it yet but we will understand more of it
The more we understand, the more we laff! Lol!

Enjoy God! He is that GOOOOOOOD!! 😍❤️😆🤣

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
we definitely don't want that sinner/martyrdom mentality, because it sounds like that kind of mentality will throw happiness in front of a bus for the sake of ... on second thought the reaction we would ask out of concern is "why?"

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
we definitely don't want that sinner/martyrdom mentality, because it sounds like that kind of mentality will throw happiness in front of a bus for the sake of ... on second thought the reaction we would ask out of concern is "why?"
Hi anointed,

Why? Because we don’t want that “sinner/martyrdom mentality” because it causes us to become self absorbed and ashamed of whatever we did and we don’t want to face it, so we try to hide it or hold on to it thinking that if we suffer for it enough then we’ll feel better, but we don’t because the ONLY way to truly be free is............forgiveness.

Receive God’s forgiveness for my sin AND forgive myself. God no longer holds it against me, neither should I.

Make peace with God and myself. ❤️

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Very recently it occurred to me that many of us get so upset with the sins of others, and it came to me that the people who do this are actully concerned about themselves.

When we pass on and spread the mercy we have received, we never need to concern ourselves with the faults of others for when we pass on forgiveness, we are forgiven…...Jesus is always the response to any question of i mercy to all, and to urselves, amen.