Internet, attention, illusions, hope and disappointment.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

Ugly

Who wouldn't and couldn't pay attention to a hot avatar pic of someone such as yourself and a name of ugly?
I don't get it....?
Lol ;)
Well my fb isn't named Ugly =P
It's people I actually know and family.
In CC I'm less likely to be ignored, but it still happens. Often because people don't like what I say. It is what it is.
Though that avatar does pull in the ladies.

garet82

Jan 20, 2011
Be real if you even in internet zone but its not suggested to find love on the chatting sites no matter what. Dont play with heart then you wont get trouble in the future.
In short dont get involve with any romance bussiness coz specially cc is not a dating site :)

L

LaVieEnRose

Most people online are as phony as 3 dollar bills. Be careful, SKYPE- face AND voice. Don’t be catfished. There are tons of stories of people pretending to be the opposite sex and getting a person to fall in love with them, only to find out the person was not who they portrayed themselves to be at all. Be careful.

U

Ugly

oh snap this is about to get serious up in here :p

Yes I agree, the internet is the canvas for artificial people...who create artificial lives but really have no meaning to their lives....

take facebook for instance...all of a sudden the average ho hum person can post a picture and get it viral on facebook and become a star....this in turn feeds the dopamine hit one receives from facebook likes/affirmation and gets the person addicted to facebook that they have to post inane status updates such as "im in the bathroom taking a dump"

without facebook these people would just go about their dull life and not be "noticed" in the world.....but all social media feeds narcissism.....people will come on here and argue with me that they are not narcissistic for posting videos or photos...but really ask yourself the question why do you post on social media? the bottom line is for the approval of others so that you may feel good about yourself....and therefore feed your own self love (narcissism).....
And here you are, on social media, posting. But let me guess, you're the exception to the rule, right?
I called this theory of yours crap once before, and it still is.
For some this may be true, but as is always the case you can't blanket label all people's motives and think you even have a chance of being right. To presume to know the heart, motives and intentions of millions is pure arrogance on your part, not to mention straight up judgment.
And to come on a platform and point fingers at others for their motives, and act as if you're somehow special sounds narcissistic to me.

As I stated before, I anticipate much of what I write on social media not to be popular or liked. It's certainly the case here and hardly anyone pays attention to my fb posts. Certainly no self love being fed from that.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I guess it could be worse. razor could be one of those people who takes a dump on other people's posts, even if they are from more than a month ago, just because he is feeling bad.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
some people just look for a reason to be nasty on an internet forum.

razor17

Aug 16, 2017
Lol such angry people here..........

My theory holds true, and I am not narcissitic....I have no photos or inane posts on my social media accounts....so proverbially put that in your pipe and smoke it.....muahahaha

to be dismissed casually by ugly does not make me shed a tear....I will state my opinion whether people agree with it or not....those who can't handle an opposing viewpoint without getting emotional....I suggest you reach for your kleenex tissue to wipe your tears of anger/rage/sadness at seeing my posts....hahahahaha

L

LaVieEnRose

Lol such angry people here..........

My theory holds true, and I am not narcissitic....I have no photos or inane posts on my social media accounts....so proverbially put that in your pipe and smoke it.....muahahaha

to be dismissed casually by ugly does not make me shed a tear....I will state my opinion whether people agree with it or not....those who can't handle an opposing viewpoint without getting emotional....I suggest you reach for your kleenex tissue to wipe your tears of anger/rage/sadness at seeing my posts....hahahahaha
Can I use a handkerchief?

May 12, 2016
I do believe there is alot of fake, phony, and scams out there on the social media. My FB account for sure. Many fake phony account requests. Mostly so called widowed soldiers.
And yes, we can be anyone we desire on here. Most FB accounts that I know are friends and family. Or meeting new folks in interesting groups. I can't really be anyone but me in there. They all know me. I wouldn't honestly know how to be anything but myself. I am who I am, I don't know how to be anyone else. I don't know how to flirt. I can tease, poke fun, horse around and good off. But I don't do the sexy flirt stuff. Don't know how and don't want to know till I am with my future husband. ( then I can be like the Garth Brooks song " somewhere other than the night) creative.

I also wonder if this ( social media) may help shy or introvert people open up and explore themselves more. Practice with strangers what they find hard to do in real life. Is it therapeutic for them? Is it who they want to be but can't in real life settings? Will it help them grow and become more confident in themselves and actually become that person in real life? Who knows.

Are there those out there that are down right jack asses and prey on peoples compassion? Yes there is. We have all met some from time to time. It is and can be an unsafe place (social media) look at all the people, teens mainly, committing suicide because of cyber bullies and stocking. It gets out of control and out of hand.

I also believe all this social media has hindered old fashion communication skills. Kids breaking up via text or messenger. It seems you can say what you want without the consequences. (looking into someone's eyes and seeing the pain you just caused) in alot of ways it has lost empathy and compassion, dealing with the consequences of your words. Lack of responsibility. The list can go on.

So there is good an bad in social media. I get to meet new friends around the world and country I might never meet other wise. (Though honestly all my dearest friends I have met face to face. So old fashioned human contacted for me is a must). As far as deep relationship goes. One should never truly let there wall 100% down on social media. In other words be wise. Stay safe. Enjoy new friendships.

May 12, 2016
I forgot to add, when I went through my separation and divorce. My FB account was a blessing. I did not live close to any family and my neighbor and friend moved to another state. I did not put drama on my FB and very few knew what I was going through. All I had to post was an unspoken prayer. And they were all there giving me encouragement and prayer. The few that did know would post something uplifting on my page. So yes, social media can be uplifting like in here sometimes. I did find when I was in the mountains and limited service. After a couple of days or so. I missed my friends. It is sad, few including myself sometimes have time to call anymore. And with so many moving off, most of our families are scattered across the country, if not the world. Social media seems to keep us connected. For me and my friends and family anyway. But man do I miss the old ways. Going over to a friend or neighbors house. Family gathering for Sunday supper. Almost all family lived within and hour or two drive if not in the same town. Wow, things sure have changed!!!!!

egeiro

Mar 17, 2015
I am actually not a real person. I am a figment of your imagination... put together by united alter egos in a multidimensional existence in a dream within a dream delivered to christian chat through an echo escaping the 32nd closest black hole to the solar system's sun.

*Insert x-files music here*

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
oh snap this is about to get serious up in here :p

Yes I agree, the internet is the canvas for artificial people...who create artificial lives but really have no meaning to their lives....

take facebook for instance...all of a sudden the average ho hum person can post a picture and get it viral on facebook and become a star....this in turn feeds the dopamine hit one receives from facebook likes/affirmation and gets the person addicted to facebook that they have to post inane status updates such as "im in the bathroom taking a dump"

without facebook these people would just go about their dull life and not be "noticed" in the world.....but all social media feeds narcissism.....people will come on here and argue with me that they are not narcissistic for posting videos or photos...but really ask yourself the question why do you post on social media? the bottom line is for the approval of others so that you may feel good about yourself....and therefore feed your own self love (narcissism).....
Posting a pic for ME is neither vanr or narcististic..i think it brings a bit f reality to an unrealistic cyber world of falseties..i also..especially as a newbie am better at recognising faces than names.. A face with a smile is friendly and more approachable than some ither "options" ive seen on cc pics that dont pertain to that persons identity in any way contribution to thier "false persona" talked about by the OP. I actually have ALWAYS hated pics of me..so again..my opinion..

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
I want to answer the question about flirting, I have never seen it as anything different than the sweet talk one might get from a waitress or something.

I could be wrong though.

What do you think, doll baby?
Not sure honey bun (smackin my gum) lol

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
At 28, i think you lack experience; if you are interested in someone, you can't be direct with them. How would you feel if a lady you didn't know in anyway come up to you and told you that they loved you?
You might think they are promiscuous or use some kind of drugs. Flirting is an art and there's beauty in art, it entails making someone comfortable around you and winning over their trust.
Flirting usually DOES have sexual undertones or trying to "sweet talk" or manipulate the converdation in some respect..im very leary bout men who are too good at the art of flirting..id rather them say whats on thier mind..good or bad..just me..

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
I'd refer you to songs of Solomon, that's what flirtation is about.
VERY SEXUAL..to his fiance..lol definately not to a casual aquaintence or even a date! Lol

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
To dismiss me because of age is a bit presumptuous and further more not really valid to the discussion....first off there is a huge difference between actual love and "physical attraction (aka lust))......

if some woman who just saw me come out of a store and said she "loved me" I would be suspicious as they know nothing of my character, my habits, my likes/dislikes, who I associate with etc....they probably "lust" after me or liked my physical appearance....this is NOT love....

If a woman I have known for years told me she "loved me" then I would be more apt to believe it as they know many things about me (granted not all) but enough to make a wise/conscious decision as to whether I am "worth or not"....of their affection

Flirting is just manipulating and playing mind games with the opposite sex to hint at sexual desire towards them....in a way its sort of a power move in which one person is trying to dominate another person emotionally by manipulating them with crafty words with double meanings.....

I believe a person would respect another individual more if they were forthright with their intentions rather than playing mind games and making the person wonder is this person just being cute, actually serious, or just wasting my time...? do you see how those questions can have multiple answers when flirting whereas being direct would cut all the bs out of the way and just hit straight at the point....?
AMEN..and very insightful for your age..this 51 yr old appreciates and agrees with your insight!