is bible the word of God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Truth is bible is full of errors,contradictions within one bible and between others.And there is no gospel according to Jesus.NT is neither in original language nor in contents.
There is only one divine book unchanged in both language n text.It is Quran
That's what I suspected. ..Islamic propaganda.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Look Christian's are leaving for atheism the biggest new and vastly growing group.You should worry about that.Islam teaches its followers to love n respect Jesus.
Funny, I was an atheist/agnostic, but here I am :)

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
Sad thing is, no Muslim is assured of paradise. They work and work and hope it’s enough. The sole means of assurance is to “kill” what they refer to as an infidel. Now that’s truly a warped religion.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
This extreme claim is rather easy to refute. For example, in 2011, Dr. Keith Small published a thorough comparison of the popular modern Quranic text to 22 other copies of the Quran, including many of the earliest manuscripts we possess as well as several medieval manuscripts and one modern edition of the Warsh text used by many Muslims in North Africa and Yemen.7He focused his work specifically on Surah 14:35-41.8 In just these seven verses, he found nearly 350 variants among all the manuscripts he examined. The vast majority of these variants were mere matters of spelling conventions and lettering systems that have absolutely no effect on the meaning whatsoever.9 21 variants, or about 6% of the total, were plainly copyist mistakes in the particular manuscript in question.10 There were 17 variants (or 5% of the total) that did, in fact, affect the meaning of the text11 but even here the impact on the meaning was typically rather minor.

• 7.this work is published in Dr. Small's volume "Textual Criticism and Qur'an Manuscripts" (Lexington Books, 2011)
  • 8.Keith Small, Textual Criticism and Qur'an Manuscripts, (Lexington Books, 2011) 4
  • 9.ibid, 134-135
  • 10.ibid, 134
  • 11.ibid, 135

((quoted from: https://carm.org/have-there-been-changes-in-the-quran#footnote8_i1jjq7f ))

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
@mjkhan

quoting from the same link:

Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 5, Book 57, Number 103 reads:​
"Abdullah (bin Mas'ud) was mentioned before 'Abdullah bin 'Amr. The latter said, 'That is a man I continue to love because I heard Allah's Apostle saying, ' Learn the recitation of the Qur'an from (any of these) four persons: 'Abdullah bin Masud, Salim the freed slave of Abu Hudhaifa, Ubai bin Kab, and Muadh bin Jabal.' I do not remember whether he mentioned Ubai first or Muadh."​
This same Abdullah bin Masud is also reported in Sahih Al-Bukhari as having said:​
"By Allah other than Whom none has the right to be worshiped! There is no Surah revealed in Allah's Book but I know at what place it was revealed; and there is no Verse revealed in Allah's Book but I know about whom."​
We cannot question, then, that Muslim tradition holds Masud as a particularly complete and trustworthy source for the Quran. Yet Muslim tradition is filled with hosts of examples of where Masud's readings were different from the standard text.18 In regard to the official version of the Quran sanctioned by Uthman and gathered by Zayd ibn Thabit, Masud is said to have proclaimed:​
"The people have been guilty of deceit in the reading of the Qur'an. I like it better to read according to the recitation of him (Prophet) whom I love more than that of Zayd Ibn Thabit," (Ibn Sa'd, Kitab al-Tabaqat al-Kabir, Vol. 2, p.444).​
Ubai bin Kab is listed above alongside Masud as one of the great reciters of the Quran commended by Muhammad himself. Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 6, Book 61, Number 527 records about Ubai bin Kab:​
"Umar said Ubai was the best of us in the recitation (of the Qur'an) yet we leave some of what he recites."​
So we see an admission that the official version differed noticeably from other versions of the time that seemed to also have an authoritative claim to being the original.​

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
@mjkhan

again from same article --

The very story of the Quran's collection given in official and authoritative Muslim sources reports the addition of at least one verse. In Sahih Al-Bukhari (the most trusted collection of the Hadith15) Volume 6, book 61, number 509, it is said that after Muhammad's death there was a battle in which many people who had memorized the Quran had died. The close companions of Muhammad who were leading the Muslim community were concerned that portions of the Quran could be entirely lost if they didn't collect all of the Quran into one written volume. Abu Bakr (the first Caliph, Muhammad's first successor as leader of the Muslim community) sent a man to gather all of the Quran together, saying:​
"you should search for (the fragmentary scripts of) the Qur'an and collect it in one book." He began the project of "collecting it from (what was written on) palmed stalks, thin white stones and also from the men who knew it by heart, till I found the last Verse of Surat At-Tauba (Repentance) with Abi Khuzaima Al-Ansari, and I did not find it with anybody other than him."16
From this work, one official copy of the Quran was produced and remained with Abu Bakr until he died. The very next Hadith in the collection (Volume 6, Book 61, Number 510) explains that by the time of the third Caliph, Uthman, Muslims were reciting the Quran differently from one another so significantly that it threatened to tear the Muslim community apart. Uthman sent for the full copy of the Quran that Abu Bakr had made, and also sent for all the written fragments of Quranic material throughout the land and commissioned a yet another project of collecting the Quran. He ordered the production of a new authoritative edition of the Quran, a copy of which was sent to each province. All the other Quranic material was burned. The hadith ends by noting that a verse had been left out of Abu Bakr's edition that was found and added to Uthman's collection. Once again, this verse was found only with Khuzaima bin Al-Ansari, the same person who had remembered a verse no one else knew the first time the Quran was collected. This official account of the Quran's collection tells us a lot of interesting information, not the least of which is the fact that at least one verse was added to the official written edition of the Quran between the first and second collections. It also tells us that any early version that might have disagreed with this official edition was destroyed.​

• 15. the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad and of his companions which are considered scripture by most Muslims
  • 16. It is worth noting that if there was one verse by this point that was only remembered by one person and not by anyone else, it seems entirely possible that there were other verses lost by those who had died in the battle or had otherwise forgotten

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
This extreme claim is rather easy to refute. For example, in 2011, Dr. Keith Small published a thorough comparison of the popular modern Quranic text to 22 other copies of the Quran, including many of the earliest manuscripts we possess as well as several medieval manuscripts and one modern edition of the Warsh text used by many Muslims in North Africa and Yemen.7He focused his work specifically on Surah 14:35-41.8 In just these seven verses, he found nearly 350 variants among all the manuscripts he examined. The vast majority of these variants were mere matters of spelling conventions and lettering systems that have absolutely no effect on the meaning whatsoever.9 21 variants, or about 6% of the total, were plainly copyist mistakes in the particular manuscript in question.10 There were 17 variants (or 5% of the total) that did, in fact, affect the meaning of the text11 but even here the impact on the meaning was typically rather minor.

• 7.this work is published in Dr. Small's volume "Textual Criticism and Qur'an Manuscripts" (Lexington Books, 2011)
  • 8.Keith Small, Textual Criticism and Qur'an Manuscripts, (Lexington Books, 2011) 4
  • 9.ibid, 134-135
  • 10.ibid, 134
  • 11.ibid, 135

((quoted from: https://carm.org/have-there-been-changes-in-the-quran#footnote8_i1jjq7f ))
Also, when you burn previous editions each time a new edition comes out, you tend to end up with only one edition. lol

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
@mjkhan

again from same article --

The very story of the Quran's collection given in official and authoritative Muslim sources reports the addition of at least one verse. In Sahih Al-Bukhari (the most trusted collection of the Hadith15) Volume 6, book 61, number 509, it is said that after Muhammad's death there was a battle in which many people who had memorized the Quran had died. The close companions of Muhammad who were leading the Muslim community were concerned that portions of the Quran could be entirely lost if they didn't collect all of the Quran into one written volume. Abu Bakr (the first Caliph, Muhammad's first successor as leader of the Muslim community) sent a man to gather all of the Quran together, saying:​
"you should search for (the fragmentary scripts of) the Qur'an and collect it in one book." He began the project of "collecting it from (what was written on) palmed stalks, thin white stones and also from the men who knew it by heart, till I found the last Verse of Surat At-Tauba (Repentance) with Abi Khuzaima Al-Ansari, and I did not find it with anybody other than him."16
From this work, one official copy of the Quran was produced and remained with Abu Bakr until he died. The very next Hadith in the collection (Volume 6, Book 61, Number 510) explains that by the time of the third Caliph, Uthman, Muslims were reciting the Quran differently from one another so significantly that it threatened to tear the Muslim community apart. Uthman sent for the full copy of the Quran that Abu Bakr had made, and also sent for all the written fragments of Quranic material throughout the land and commissioned a yet another project of collecting the Quran. He ordered the production of a new authoritative edition of the Quran, a copy of which was sent to each province. All the other Quranic material was burned. The hadith ends by noting that a verse had been left out of Abu Bakr's edition that was found and added to Uthman's collection. Once again, this verse was found only with Khuzaima bin Al-Ansari, the same person who had remembered a verse no one else knew the first time the Quran was collected. This official account of the Quran's collection tells us a lot of interesting information, not the least of which is the fact that at least one verse was added to the official written edition of the Quran between the first and second collections. It also tells us that any early version that might have disagreed with this official edition was destroyed.​

• 15. the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad and of his companions which are considered scripture by most Muslims
  • 16. It is worth noting that if there was one verse by this point that was only remembered by one person and not by anyone else, it seems entirely possible that there were other verses lost by those who had died in the battle or had otherwise forgotten
so @mjkhan hadith itself says that the Quran is not perfect. about 600 years after the Bible was written, after Mohammed died, people were reciting all kinds of different and conflicting sutras. there was no agreement. so Uthman, a man of considerable political power, collected what fragments he could and decided what should be 'official' -- then he destroyed anything that conflicted with what he had decided was 'official' -- so that there could never be any evidence of his version not being perfect.
even after he did this, at least one verse was added to what he had called 'perfect'

were you aware of this?

mjkhan

Nov 1, 2017
Apparently you are unaware of the history of the Quran. I would strongly suggest that you do some research on the subject instead of blindly accepting what you've been told.

Further, I would strongly suggest that you don't accept what Moslems tell you about the Bible, and instead read it for yourself. Please don't make assertions about it that you can't back up with facts.

And people are leaving Islam in droves and turning to Jesus
Funny, I was an atheist/agnostic, but here I am :)
Good.

H

Hevosmies358

Truth is bible is full of errors,contradictions within one bible and between others.And there is no gospel according to Jesus.NT is neither in original language nor in contents.
Thats just dumb and false. Bwahaha.

The Quran has multiple differences and its been written by one lunatic, and he couldnt even keep the story straight. Its just retarded poetry, sorry dude. No chronology, no storyline, no beginning or end, just retarded poetry with constant threats of hellfire and conflicting advice on how to treat unbelievers. (Notice, early on its be friendly, later on with progressive revelation its take them out as the caravanrider got more goons for his cult)

Islam is the only false religion in the world that denies the crucifixion, even atheists and secularists agree that Jesus did exist and was crucified.

You've been sold the brooklyn bridge in the sinai desert my friend

The Quran is what it is as i said, retarded poetry with no kind of beginning or ending, unclear, unstable and its written by ONE guy, Bible is chronological and written by 40 different authors in different centuries. Checkmate

If you wanna go deeper into that false religion of yours, check out the Hadiths, they are REALLY wacky, here is a funny summary,

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Is bible inerrant and word of God?
This is a very well-done movie/documentary concerning the Bible that you may be interested in seeing (free for Amazon Prime members right now). It was released in 2018.

The God Who Speaks

The well-known cast includes theologians, pastors, historians, apologists, and linguists. Enjoy!

~Deut
p.s. - it's 90 minutes long, but in the end, you will wish you could have heard much more from each speaker. The good news is, you can, because there is more from each of them on a set of multiple DVD's that is meant to be used to teach a Sunday School class (for $25 from the folks who made the documentary).

Dec 12, 2013
What do you think....my view follows...

THE BIBLE​
This book is not the work of one man and or a Shakespearian play.....It was written over a period of 1600 years by some 40 odd authors. It contains the verbiage of Kings, priests, slaves, Roman soldiers, tax collectors, fishermen, thieves, Pharaohs, the rich, the poor, lepers, demon possessed, angels, Satan and every other gambit of human background. It accurately predicts the rise and fall of world kingdoms and even names the leaders of some centuries or more in advance of their coming and exactly what they would do in their reign. It is full of overwhelming proof of divine influence and even speaks to modern flight, modern weapons, nuclear war, genetics, more than 4 dimensions, modern mathematics, medicine, astronomy, and has hundreds of prophetic utterances that have come to pass exactly as they were given without error.​
Not only does it contain narrative, but it also contains allegory, metaphor, symbolic, prophecy, parables, poetry, acrostic psalms, prayers, and the words of a donkey while being written in four languages (some Chaldean in Daniel and Aramaic in Matthew) and containing language beyond human comprehension.

ABOVE all....It contains the divine words of the one true God concerning the human condition and the eternal destinies of men based upon said choices in this life I.E. a person's destiny is sealed based upon their acceptance and or rejection of the irrevocable gift of life found in Christ.

What I have said here does not even scratch the surface concerning the validity of the word and the value without price that can be placed upon the pages and pages of wisdom that can be gleaned from the truth found therein.....it is tragic that men devalue it to the mere works of men which states multitudes about their bias, reckless abandon and lack of honest evaluation.​

Dec 12, 2013
HAHAHHAHAHHAH the Quran is good to set next to the toilet in case one runs out of paper.....!!!

mjkhan

Nov 1, 2017
HAHAHHAHAHHAH the Quran is good to set next to the toilet in case one runs out of paper.....!!!
What you are reflects how you talk and surely if you wouldn't talk same for your book don't to others and yes have you read jeremiah8:8.Can you find me gospel according to Jesus anywhere?

Dec 12, 2013
What you are reflects how you talk and surely if you wouldn't talk same for your book don't to others and yes have you read jeremiah8:8.Can you find me gospel according to Jesus anywhere?
The Quran is false and it will lead all that believe it's lies straight to the pits of hell......end of story! Nor can it be compared to the Bible which testifies of the ONE true GOD of Abraham, ISAAC and JACOB.......trust Jesus by faith man before you end up lost forever

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Look Christian's are leaving for atheism the biggest new and vastly growing group.You should worry about that.Islam teaches its followers to love n respect Jesus.
They don't love and respect the Jesus of the Bible. Muslims HATE Him and His followers. The Jesus of the Bible IS God in the flesh. Islams don't believe that do they?

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I would encourage you to read John 1:1 and then all the OT prophets. It may shed some light on things for you. The word is throughout the "word" (scripture)

and yes, there is a distinction between the father and the son even in the OT.

As to the Quran...I read it when I was incarcerated. I was angry and searching. I found it had "an echo" of truth but so does the enemy. When you dig deeper as in a zealous thirst for truth, you start to see holes. Things that don't bear up under real storms and true peril.

I only read it once but it didn't really "speak" to me. It brought up the question on whether Jehovah and Allah were the same but without real study and the Lord actually being for my pursuit I wouldn't venture there again. Wrath is a thing.

As to the OP though. I don't know. I think it is. It seems to be. No other book has every "refined" me. Strengthened me.

Sure some have told me exactly what I wanted to hear....but in a "eating dessert before the meal" kind of way. The result was ultimately unfulfilling.

I'll have to think a little longer on the subject but in the end this I do believe. The Lord rewards those that dilligently seek him. Keep digging and keep searching. There are parts of the Word that are confusing. Open up the dialogue :)

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Absolutely.

Unlike the Quran, which was given by someone who called himself Gabriel (Jibril), but was a blatant attack on the Bible and the Gospel. The real Gabriel would never oppose Christ.

mjkhan

Nov 1, 2017
Absolutely.

Unlike the Quran, which was given by someone who called himself Gabriel (Jibril), but was a blatant attack on the Bible and the Gospel. The real Gabriel would never oppose Christ.
Would have been intelligent if u would have read Quran yourself n then found something wrong n worthy of criticism.But thanx for reply.Though it reflected your feeling of hatred n not giving knowledge.