Is black racism more virtuous than other racisms?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

rastai

Aug 15, 2020
It is easy for you to say BLM are not the way to go. It is because of attitudes like yours that BLM exists. Antifa is a figment of the media's imagination. 99% of BLM protests were non-violent. What is the alternatice to BLM? I admit I do not really care for many of their leaders positions or their philosophies espoused on their website. The movement is bigger then BLM. Most people who support them simply support the motto that black lives matter. Black lives do matter just like white lives and everyone's lives. Once, white people stop denying the experiences of black people in this country, then BLM will cease to be. It is very condescending for white people to tell an entire population that they are delusional in their very real experience of systematic racism and police brutality. Just yesterday a black man got shot several times in his back by police. There are 2 systems of justice in this country and the cards are stacked against black people. It is not right, it is not fair, and it is so ungodly. The cops should be charged with murder and they should be held responsible for any damages coming from looting. Do you fear for your life when you get pulled over. Are you scared your kids will get shot and killed even if they comply. If you want to know what black people experience ask black people. They are not inferior and they are not delusional either. Many BLM supporters also believe and have faith in Jesus as well.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Those blacks are so easily fooled huh?
There are a lot of people that have been fooled by both the Democrats and Republicans. The Democrats have done absolutely nothing for African-Americans. Black Lives Matter (BLM) is actually Black Votes Matter (BVM). If you don't vote for Biden then you ain't black.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
There are 2 systems of justice in this country and the cards are stacked against black people. It is not right, it is not fair, and it is so ungodly. The cops should be charged with murder and they should be held responsible for any damages coming from looting. Do you fear for your life when you get pulled over. Are you scared your kids will get shot and killed even if they comply. If you want to know what black people experience ask black people. They are not inferior and they are not delusional either. Many BLM supporters also believe and have faith in Jesus as well.
I agree with this except for the part about the cops being responsible for damages from looting. There is absolutely no excuse for arson, looting, vandalism, rioting, assault, and murder. Those committing such things should be held accountable.

OK, you are mad about some white cop killing a black man so you respond by assaulting the owners of the corner grocery store where your mama shops and then burn the place down. There has been no Democrat that has spoken out against the violence that is occurring on a daily basis in certain cities. Probably the reason for that is that these cities are run by incompetent Democrat mayors who don't have a clue.

Jan 27, 2015
It is easy for you to say BLM are not the way to go. It is because of attitudes like yours that BLM exists. Antifa is a figment of the media's imagination. 99% of BLM protests were non-violent. What is the alternatice to BLM? I admit I do not really care for many of their leaders positions or their philosophies espoused on their website. The movement is bigger then BLM. Most people who support them simply support the motto that black lives matter. Black lives do matter just like white lives and everyone's lives. Once, white people stop denying the experiences of black people in this country, then BLM will cease to be. It is very condescending for white people to tell an entire population that they are delusional in their very real experience of systematic racism and police brutality. Just yesterday a black man got shot several times in his back by police. There are 2 systems of justice in this country and the cards are stacked against black people. It is not right, it is not fair, and it is so ungodly. The cops should be charged with murder and they should be held responsible for any damages coming from looting. Do you fear for your life when you get pulled over. Are you scared your kids will get shot and killed even if they comply. If you want to know what black people experience ask black people. They are not inferior and they are not delusional either. Many BLM supporters also believe and have faith in Jesus as well.
What is it when a black person tells the truth that BLM is a Marxist domestic terrorist group that has no peaceful intentions? BLM is responsible for a staggering number of deaths of black people in major cities (including children) as well as destroyed businesses, many of which were owned by black people. BLM does not protest abortion, the number 1 killer of black Americans, nor does it protest any murder of a black person by non-white perpetrators. BLM was never about black lives; they are just using black people to push their agenda of destruction and anarchy forward, under the (remarkably thin) guise that they care about black people. And a lot of black people are waking up to this fact. Many of us see right through the guise and do not support BLM. BLM and ANTIFA are virtually indistinguishable at this point, if they ever were. And the media (as well as BLM and ANTIFA themselves) would love for you to believe that BLM is peaceful and ANTIFA is a conspiracy. You're right where they want you.

While we're here: looters themselves should be responsible for any damages that come from looting, as they are individuals with agency, who make choices. Most people do not loot. There are several alternatives to burning buildings, rioting, and beating business owners and truck drivers in the streets. Looters have no excuse.

Are you one of the people who riot and loot? If not (and I suspect that you're not, because statistically, most people are not), then if you could have that kind of self-control, why do you not hold black people to the same standard of self-control? Are we not capable of such control, in your mind? And can we not be held accountable? Honestly, you sound like a soft bigot.

At least, that's how I, a black person, am experiencing you. And you'd be a hypocrite not to listen to me after you urged everyone else to listen to black people's experiences.

K

kaylagrl

Yet around 90% of blacks vote democrat. I guess they do not know what is in there best interest? Would you call that an inferior mindset?
No, not an inferior mindset, but a learned way of thinking. We all have it to some degree. Many people vote according to what their great, great grand pappy did and said. People sometimes just never stop to think, is this helping me, how have they helped change my community for the better? Sometimes it takes someone from the outside looking in to alert you to the truth.

Jan 27, 2015
No, not an inferior mindset, but a learned way of thinking. We all have it to some degree. Many people vote according to what their great, great grand pappy did and said. People sometimes just never stop to think, is this helping me, how have they helped change my community for the better? Sometimes it takes someone from the outside looking in to alert you to the truth.
The thing is, most black people's great-great-grandfathers voted Republican. Black people did not become overwhelmingly Democrat until the mid 60's.

F

Fundamental

I think it’s best we agree to disagree rastaii. You can’t expect to change what you are causing yourself, I’ll leave it to that.
Jah bless.

rastai

Aug 15, 2020
I agree with this except for the part about the cops being responsible for damages from looting. There is absolutely no excuse for arson, looting, vandalism, rioting, assault, and murder. Those committing such things should be held accountable.

OK, you are mad about some white cop killing a black man so you respond by assaulting the owners of the corner grocery store where your mama shops and then burn the place down. There has been no Democrat that has spoken out against the violence that is occurring on a daily basis in certain cities. Probably the reason for that is that these cities are run by incompetent Democrat mayors who don't have a clue.
Ok I will give you that there is no excuse for that. I am saying the cop is also responsible.

rastai

Aug 15, 2020
What is it when a black person tells the truth that BLM is a Marxist domestic terrorist group that has no peaceful intentions? BLM is responsible for a staggering number of deaths of black people in major cities (including children) as well as destroyed businesses, many of which were owned by black people. BLM does not protest abortion, the number 1 killer of black Americans, nor does it protest any murder of a black person by non-white perpetrators. BLM was never about black lives; they are just using black people to push their agenda of destruction and anarchy forward, under the (remarkably thin) guise that they care about black people. And a lot of black people are waking up to this fact. Many of us see right through the guise and do not support BLM. BLM and ANTIFA are virtually indistinguishable at this point, if they ever were. And the media (as well as BLM and ANTIFA themselves) would love for you to believe that BLM is peaceful and ANTIFA is a conspiracy. You're right where they want you.

While we're here: looters themselves should be responsible for any damages that come from looting, as they are individuals with agency, who make choices. Most people do not loot. There are several alternatives to burning buildings, rioting, and beating business owners and truck drivers in the streets. Looters have no excuse.

Are you one of the people who riot and loot? If not (and I suspect that you're not, because statistically, most people are not), then if you could have that kind of self-control, why do you not hold black people to the same standard of self-control? Are we not capable of such control, in your mind? And can we not be held accountable? Honestly, you sound like a soft bigot.

At least, that's how I, a black person, am experiencing you. And you'd be a hypocrite not to listen to me after you urged everyone else to listen to black people's experiences.

Where are you getting that BLM is terrorist? That is crazy. If they are terrorists, then cops are terrorists too. Cops are not terrorists but some terrorize people. A higher percentage of cops kill people then BLM supporters. No I am entirely peaceful. I would never see myself looting. I do not see black people as different in any way to any other people. But I do think that the experience of many black people is that of being unfairly and unjustly marginalized based on the color of their skin. The way I observe it is the looters are a mix of people who just want to break stuff, and right wing agitators. If BLM is so violent then why are the protests 99% peaceful? Most BLM people I see are trying to stop those who are misguided from using violence. I wish there was a better alternative to BLM but this is what there is right now.

Do you not think there is any systemic racism? why is there so much evidence for it? Why do the majority of black people say that is real? If there is some secret agenda to turn america into a marxist state then that is some serious conspiratorial and lacks facts. I believe the most of the problem of abortion could be solved by eliminating poverty. Sure, hold the looters responsible and the cops equally responsible for their actions as well.

rastai

Aug 15, 2020
The thing is, most black people's great-great-grandfathers voted Republican. Black people did not become overwhelmingly Democrat until the mid 60's.
In the mid 60s was when southern racist democrats switched parties as well.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Ok I will give you that there is no excuse for that. I am saying the cop is also responsible.
The cop was probably a racist regarding George Floyd and used the opportunity to commit murder. He will be tried in court for murder and hopefully be found guilty because he obviously is. The same should hold true for those officers that were complicit.

Police departments across the US should evaluate the officers on the force that are obvious racist or that their work history shows a pattern of racist tendencies and these should be terminated. Also, racial profiling should be eliminated and an effective training program be instituted to prevent unnecessary use of deadly force or techniques that seriously harm the individual. Of course, there are times that deadly force and aggressive techniques are appropriate.

The country has come a long way in race relations but there are still a lot of bad apples out there. No person, regardless of color should have to be in fear of their life when driving their car or just conducting the ordinary affair of ordinary living.

Any police officer charged with a crime of assault or murder in the commission of their duties should also be charged with a hate crime.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
There is nothing virtuous about racism in any form.
The devil is the master of lies and hate.
Jesus is the only cure.

Jul 9, 2020
Everybody talks about how racism is bad. But everybody has a different definition of racism. So it becomes a weaponized word that enables one group to control another group.

Blacks are 13% of the population, but they commit over 50% of violent crime.
Many people would say I'm racist for even knowing that.

In-group preference is not a sin. It is a virtue.

Jan 27, 2015
Where are you getting that BLM is terrorist? That is crazy. If they are terrorists, then cops are terrorists too. Cops are not terrorists but some terrorize people. A higher percentage of cops kill people then BLM supporters. No I am entirely peaceful. I would never see myself looting. I do not see black people as different in any way to any other people. But I do think that the experience of many black people is that of being unfairly and unjustly marginalized based on the color of their skin. The way I observe it is the looters are a mix of people who just want to break stuff, and right wing agitators. If BLM is so violent then why are the protests 99% peaceful? Most BLM people I see are trying to stop those who are misguided from using violence. I wish there was a better alternative to BLM but this is what there is right now.

Do you not think there is any systemic racism? why is there so much evidence for it? Why do the majority of black people say that is real? If there is some secret agenda to turn america into a marxist state then that is some serious conspiratorial and lacks facts. I believe the most of the problem of abortion could be solved by eliminating poverty. Sure, hold the looters responsible and the cops equally responsible for their actions as well.
You will know them by their fruits. And I'm sure you can see what BLM's fruits are, and none of it is good. You can listen to what they say all day, but when you watch what they do, you'll get a true picture. And if you already watch what they do and you're still supporting them, you're actively denying what's right in front of you.

You have stated previously that you believe that eliminating poverty will decrease abortion. You still have not responded to the point raised that abortions were much lower at a time when poverty was much higher. It's not because of poverty; it's because of depravity.

"Right wing agitators" are not right wing at all; they're paid and planted at the scene, just like ANTIFA members. Right-wingers denounce looting, while left-wingers refuse to denounce it or even acknowledge its detrimental impact on several cities. The rest of the looters are opportunists who also want to steal, kill, and destroy. (Sound familiar?)

I have experienced mistreatment against me due to my race; I know racism exists. However, it is personal, not systemic. People create and maintain systems; systems don't maintain themselves. By claiming it's systemic as if it exists as its own entity beyond the will and doing of people, we're putting ourselves at its mercy and giving it the power that we should have. It's no wonder people feel helpless and hopeless, and it's no wonder that some resort to violence, looting, and arson. You'd be hard pressed to find a looter who didn't believe in systemic racism.

People are willing to believe in systemic racism because 1) it absolves them of personal responsibility for outcomes in their life by giving them something external and out of their control to blame, and 2) it gives them something to fight to feel purposeful and like they're a good person. Without systemic racism, it's hard to cast blame, and it's hard to virtue signal.

In the mid 60s was when southern racist democrats switched parties as well.
The party switch is a myth. Do you really think that Democrats and Republicans got together and said, "You know what? We don't agree on much, but we can all agree that we should switch names from now on." That doesn't even make sense.

It's the same old Democratic party of the KKK. They just had a president sign the Civil Rights Act and from then on, the party pretended to care about black people, and for decades, we've fallen for it and let our votes for them be givens. That is changing, now that people are seeing their true colors.

F

Fundamental

The cop was probably a racist regarding George Floyd and used the opportunity to commit murder. He will be tried in court for murder and hopefully be found guilty because he obviously is. The same should hold true for those officers that were complicit.

Police departments across the US should evaluate the officers on the force that are obvious racist or that their work history shows a pattern of racist tendencies and these should be terminated. Also, racial profiling should be eliminated and an effective training program be instituted to prevent unnecessary use of deadly force or techniques that seriously harm the individual. Of course, there are times that deadly force and aggressive techniques are appropriate.

The country has come a long way in race relations but there are still a lot of bad apples out there. No person, regardless of color should have to be in fear of their life when driving their car or just conducting the ordinary affair of ordinary living.

Any police officer charged with a crime of assault or murder in the commission of their duties should also be charged with a hate crime.
Did you see the full context of Floyd his arrest? They even dubbed “I can’t breathe” while the officer had his knee on Floyds neck. But Floyd did not say that while the cop’s knee was on him. They edited that movie to make it look worse then it was.

Then they witheld the full video because it was more important the cops got persecuted first. So the entire world was on the back of her feet, shouting racism and white supremacy because one arrest gone wrong. An arrest of a rapist trying to drive his car under the influence of drugs. Which lives truly matter if we start revolting for people like that?

I think people stirring up the pot with fake news or edited news should be charghed with hate crime too.
Some people should also realize how hard it is to be a cop where crime is high and where over half of people they arrest carry a gun. Where they lose colleges to gun violence. People talk about it as if cops like to arrest people resisting their arrest. They don’t, they want to return safe to their families too.
Bad apples should be dealt with in each camp.

rastai

Aug 15, 2020
You will know them by their fruits. And I'm sure you can see what BLM's fruits are, and none of it is good. You can listen to what they say all day, but when you watch what they do, you'll get a true picture. And if you already watch what they do and you're still supporting them, you're actively denying what's right in front of you.

You have stated previously that you believe that eliminating poverty will decrease abortion. You still have not responded to the point raised that abortions were much lower at a time when poverty was much higher. It's not because of poverty; it's because of depravity.

"Right wing agitators" are not right wing at all; they're paid and planted at the scene, just like ANTIFA members. Right-wingers denounce looting, while left-wingers refuse to denounce it or even acknowledge its detrimental impact on several cities. The rest of the looters are opportunists who also want to steal, kill, and destroy. (Sound familiar?)

I have experienced mistreatment against me due to my race; I know racism exists. However, it is personal, not systemic. People create and maintain systems; systems don't maintain themselves. By claiming it's systemic as if it exists as its own entity beyond the will and doing of people, we're putting ourselves at its mercy and giving it the power that we should have. It's no wonder people feel helpless and hopeless, and it's no wonder that some resort to violence, looting, and arson. You'd be hard pressed to find a looter who didn't believe in systemic racism.

People are willing to believe in systemic racism because 1) it absolves them of personal responsibility for outcomes in their life by giving them something external and out of their control to blame, and 2) it gives them something to fight to feel purposeful and like they're a good person. Without systemic racism, it's hard to cast blame, and it's hard to virtue signal.

The party switch is a myth. Do you really think that Democrats and Republicans got together and said, "You know what? We don't agree on much, but we can all agree that we should switch names from now on." That doesn't even make sense.

It's the same old Democratic party of the KKK. They just had a president sign the Civil Rights Act and from then on, the party pretended to care about black people, and for decades, we've fallen for it and let our votes for them be givens. That is changing, now that people are seeing their true colors.
Yet KKK members today identify with the Republican party. This is a fact. It's a fact. People who were racist and Democrats mostly all switched to the Republican party gradually while peaking in the mid 1960s. This is also a studied, historical fact. I believe systematic racism is real because people in positions of power use their own inherent racism. I do not know what looters think as i have not seen interviews with them. Since you are guessing. i would guess that most are uneducated and do not have much in the way of societal opinions as they are too clouded with anger to think much. The facts are the vast majority of BLM protesters are not looters, non violent and simply wish to exercise their 1st amendment rights.

I think statistically, the rougher one's life is the more likely they are to want an abortion. I think a lot of wome have an abortion out of desperation, fear, not having enough support, low confidence. I have seen poverty everywhere. There are many types of poverty. The welfare systems that helped eliminate poverty were, as you may agree, insufficient or unproductive. People need basics needs met. They need food, but they need to be able to afford healthy fruits and vegetable and many can't actually afford to eat healthy foods. But that takes us down a whole other conversation. You cant' force values on people. But, when you give people a positive, loving and safe environment they are less likely to make poor decisions.

Feb 28, 2016
poor decisions most always trickle-down from poor leaders...