Is Everyone OK? (CC Singles Forum Post-Valentine's Day Roll Call!)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
On vday, I looked through my FB memories, and i saw a picture I posted of my parents. I remembered I took them out to lunch a few years ago on vday. They were my dates :)

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hey Tabin,

That's a great idea for a thread--that topic comes up often here.

When people come up with an idea for a thread, I always encourage them to try writing them as well, because that creates an atmosphere where hopefully, everyone is writing threads and contributing to keep the forum alive. :)

If you have any questions about how the system works (when writing a thread), feel free to post any questions here!
Thx, so just thought I'd toss it out there, like a hot potato, lol, someone else can if they'd like make the thread.

kaijo

Jul 31, 2017
**FUN FACT**

Valentines Day originates from the worship of Semiramis (the wife of Nimrod) and Tammuz (who was believed to be both the son of, and reincarnation of Nimrod)

Semiramis and Tammuz/"Nimrod" were also worshiped as:

• Isis and Osiris - In Egypt
  • Ashtoreth and Baal - In Phoenicia
  • Aphrodite and Adonis - In Greece
  • Venus and Cupid - In Rome

Tammuz/"Nimrod" had an incestrious relationship with his mother Semiramis seeing as he was the supposed reincarnation of his father.
Hence the little Cupid baby flying around shooting heart arrows.

Happy Valentines! :eek:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Well... isn't that sweet!

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
**FUN FACT**

Valentines Day originates from the worship of Semiramis (the wife of Nimrod) and Tammuz (who was believed to be both the son of, and reincarnation of Nimrod)

Tammuz/"Nimrod" had an incestrious relationship with his mother Semiramis seeing as he was the supposed reincarnation of his father.

I will focus on chocolate... chocolate makes any day better. ;)

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
**FUN FACT**

Some of the traditions we engage in might come from that, but St. Valentine was a Christian martyr in the third century. Martyed on Feb 14, by some accounts for performing illegal Christian marriages (though quite possibly just for being a Christian and being vocal about it because at certain times in ancient Rome that was really all it took).

Jan 30, 2019
I'm not picky. My perfect match simply. Jesus, Football, Library, Coffee. I'm a happy man.:)

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I'm not picky. My perfect match simply. Jesus, Football, Library, Coffee. I'm a happy man.:)
I'm making a leap here... "UK" in your handle and "football" in your list... what we call "soccer"?

Then I saw the Eagles logo in your avatar. nvm...

Jan 30, 2019
Born and raised 20 miles from Philadelphia. I love all Philly sports teams. Especially the Eagles.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Still not sure if Philadelphia Phillies is one of the best or worst sports team names if all time.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Hey Everyone,

So here we are on the day after an infamous holiday designed to remind singles of just how single they are...

Every store, bouquet, heart-spattered aisle, and even the deceivingly charming smiles of seemingly innocent stuffed teddy bears ALL seem to scream out at us, "HEY, YOU LOSER! DID YOU HAVE ANY IDEA YOU'RE SINGLE--AND THE CLOCK IS TICKING???"

Wow. I'm sure none of us had any idea. :rolleyes:

So... Just to check in and make sure everyone survived all the hyper-awareness of our social statuses...

* How was your Valentine's Day and what did you do?

* If you had a Valentine next year, what kind of gift/act of thoughtfulness would you like to give them?

* What would you hope your Valentine would do for you? (Any really unique/budget-friendly ideas out there?

Me... I'm thinking, I would love to give someone (actually, a female friend if I'm still single) a unicorn--because, seriously. WHO DOESN'T WANT A UNICORN???

Just kidding. I suppose some people would rather have a pegasus... :)

And, I have to admit. My National Holiday of Public Shaming, I mean, Singleness, wasn't all too bad--I was able to get 2 free perfume samples at Sephora, PLUS a free chocolate chip cookie at a sandwich shop. :)

AND, I DIDN'T HAVE TO SHARE THE COOKIE WITH ANYONE!

Seriously, maybe singleness isn't all THAT bad.

How about the rest of you?
As luck would have it - the 14th thru the 16th were a blur... Which was a masterful blessing from above in so so many ways - to include not having to think about or feel alone - well until the 17th anyways...
I focused 14th thru 16th from dawn till dusk to perform my requisite role(s) in being there for my son (meal preps, wake-up calls, inspiration, mentor, counsel, coaching and spiritually) to help him in every way possible to achieve his goals for HS wrestling... The lord answered our prayers and blessed him with the coveted state championship title...
Had an amazingly emotional and spiritual moment with my boys - very sentimental and long-hard journey (lots of ups and downs) we have shared in so many ways together along the way...
The backside lowest point came on Sunday, when my kids mother arranged for them to go to a celebratory Sunday brunch (after the Saturday night Main Event) with her parents family... and I was not invited...
If I'm being honest that hurt so much... to be excluded given the role I have played as the single parent to be there for him 24X7...
Had lots of alone-time with HIM (our lord) yesterday to reflect; knowing that after my son graduates this year and goes to college, I will be so ALONE and will have to keep myself so busy in so many ways in order to maintain my positive energy and balance...
Anxiously anticipating what HE has in store for me just around the corner...
I have faith that HE has amazing plans awaiting me...

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
As luck would have it - the 14th thru the 16th were a blur... Which was a masterful blessing from above in so so many ways - to include not having to think about or feel alone - well until the 17th anyways...
I focused 14th thru 16th from dawn till dusk to perform my requisite role(s) in being there for my son (meal preps, wake-up calls, inspiration, mentor, counsel, coaching and spiritually) to help him in every way possible to achieve his goals for HS wrestling... The lord answered our prayers and blessed him with the coveted state championship title...
Had an amazingly emotional and spiritual moment with my boys - very sentimental and long-hard journey (lots of ups and downs) we have shared in so many ways together along the way...
The backside lowest point came on Sunday, when my kids mother arranged for them to go to a celebratory Sunday brunch (after the Saturday night Main Event) with her parents family... and I was not invited...
If I'm being honest that hurt so much... to be excluded given the role I have played as the single parent to be there for him 24X7...
Had lots of alone-time with HIM (our lord) yesterday to reflect; knowing that after my son graduates this year and goes to college, I will be so ALONE and will have to keep myself so busy in so many ways in order to maintain my positive energy and balance...
Anxiously anticipating what HE has in store for me just around the corner...
I have faith that HE has amazing plans awaiting me...
You’ll be ok... as we work on ourselves spiritually, mentally, and physically... God will give us what we need at His perfect timing and plan for us. He’s got this!

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
I got a text from my sister in law tonight saying my 3 nephews want to take me on a late valentine's date tomorrow after work. I'm a lucky lady ♡♡♡

S

Susanna

I got a text from my sister in law tonight saying my 3 nephews want to take me on a late valentine's date tomorrow after work. I'm a lucky lady ♡♡♡
Oh wow! With three gentlemen at the same time? You truly are a lucky lady:).

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I don't know if I'm ok. I didn't get enough chocolate.

true_believer

Sep 24, 2020
Hey Everyone,

So here we are on the day after an infamous holiday designed to remind singles of just how single they are...

Every store, bouquet, heart-spattered aisle, and even the deceivingly charming smiles of seemingly innocent stuffed teddy bears ALL seem to scream out at us, "HEY, YOU LOSER! DID YOU HAVE ANY IDEA YOU'RE SINGLE--AND THE CLOCK IS TICKING???"

Wow. I'm sure none of us had any idea. :rolleyes:

So... Just to check in and make sure everyone survived all the hyper-awareness of our social statuses...

* How was your Valentine's Day and what did you do?

* If you had a Valentine next year, what kind of gift/act of thoughtfulness would you like to give them?

* What would you hope your Valentine would do for you? (Any really unique/budget-friendly ideas out there?

Me... I'm thinking, I would love to give someone (actually, a female friend if I'm still single) a unicorn--because, seriously. WHO DOESN'T WANT A UNICORN???

Just kidding. I suppose some people would rather have a pegasus... :)

And, I have to admit. My National Holiday of Public Shaming, I mean, Singleness, wasn't all too bad--I was able to get 2 free perfume samples at Sephora, PLUS a free chocolate chip cookie at a sandwich shop. :)

AND, I DIDN'T HAVE TO SHARE THE COOKIE WITH ANYONE!

Seriously, maybe singleness isn't all THAT bad.

How about the rest of you?
When I'm single on Valentine's Day, I buy myself a nice meal and watch some of my favourite movies

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Still here, still single, still perfectly ok with that 95% of the time or so.

up

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
🤗🥰🙂

IToreTheSky

Aug 20, 2020
N.Y.
LoL this post of mine would be post post post or pre 2021 V-Day...
Anyways, still single and like cinder said , pretty much ok with that.:cool: